Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,904 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

Define Faith *with An Example* - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Define Faith *with An Example* (539 Views)

Mix Faith With The Word You Hear / Have Faith With This Tips And See Ur Life Change Today / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Define Faith *with An Example* by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
As we all know, faith is the evidence of things that are yet to be visible.

Now defining faith with an example:
Faith is when you believe in God & the 2nd coming of his son Jesus. we are yet to see God, yet we believe in him - that is the greatest faith!

Do you have any other definition??
Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
Lmao grin ... I asked a friend and he said "Faith is when you buy a laptop bag.. when u neva get laptop money"
Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
pastor Acidosis! grin
Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
To me, faith is believing something is true without evidence to back it up. If there is any evidence, even bad evidence, then it is no longer faith. is not simply believing, but actively knowing that the object of your faith exists, remaining obedient to the principles of that central focus, and being continuously desirous of maintaining that presence in your life no matter what state your life is currently in. example of faith is heb 11 vs 7-16. i also use that a a example to youths and to compensate moiself cool
Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
~vicky~:
pastor Acidosis! grin
You can say that again! smiley

The other post is an insightful one... are you a bible teacher ?
Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
^ am not a bible teacher but i read it every day
Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by tobechi74: 4:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
Faith is obedience,aceptance and belif witout doubtin. U may questin but no doubt

e.g abraham heard a voice dat ask him to leave to an undisclosd place.

MARY aceptd to be a mother despite a virgn

1 Like

Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
^^ yeah also some examples like Enoch who didn't see death, what about Noah and the woman with the issue of blood, the centurion also even our Lord Jesus Christ commented that he has not seen faith as the way the centurion exercised

1 Like

Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
Faith is wen Abraham was so many years old and still believed God will fulfill his promise wen he said his children will be as many as stars in the sky.Despite that Sarah was also old.

I couldn't believe it this morning when my friend said this faith thing is driving me crazy,I was sad but I know that wen we believe in the unseen and speak the truth all the friends leave but the greatest friend is Jesus.

Thanks Op for the topic

1 Like

Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
^ ^ You're welcome ma..

Great replies with helpful keywords..
Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by Joagbaje(m): 6:24am On Nov 06, 2012
Faith is walking in reality (truth)

Faith is response of a mans spirit to Gods word.

1 Like

Re: Define Faith *with An Example* by Snowwy: 7:57am On Nov 06, 2012
Faith is when Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were about to be thrown into the fire, yet they said that they know that God is able to save them from the fire and even if God accepts that they perish in that fire, they will still not go against God.
That is Faith!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Two Wives Versus Christians Heaven / What's Your View Of People Using Chaplet As A Tallisman? / Why It Is Impossible To Please God Without Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.