Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? (8306 Views)

Conrad Mbewe Accuses TB Joshua Of Demonic Predictions & Fake Prophecies / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by ACNBB: 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
....We all don’t have crystal balls to see into our future, so we generally work by faith and instinct. With that said, how has prophecies from pastors or prayer warriors affected your life in the past?

I personally believe that once we hear from someone, our thoughts and actions are somewhat skewed either in a positive or negative way because there is so much power in words. And if you haven't encountered any....please do not pay attention! Just pray and ask God for directions.

So do you believe in prophecies about life issues (e.g. career, marriage and so on), how do these pastors have the power to see into the future to determine what is right or wrong for someone? Sometimes when my mind is godly (state we all long to be), I pray and ask God to show me things in dreams and he does. But dang! I feel there are so many prophecies going around these days! (Well, when you decide to pay attention).

I have friends who go through lives moments with prophecies from different pastors and it’s quite disheartening. In my opinion, it’s almost same as visiting a psychic to predict what next (which I feel is evil). I may be totally wrong with my outlook on prophecies but what’s your take on it?
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by sauceEEP(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
1st to comment. Srry no comment. Dancing azonto.........
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by RedLight1: 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2012
i use to believe in pastors prophecy until i realize most of em are pure liar that follows nothing but instinct

1 Like

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by awesomet1(m): 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
It's proven to be quite deceptive.

1 Like

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Eneze1(f): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
most of them are fake, they see the circumstances around you and use that to their own advantage

2 Likes

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by eduson55(m): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
it has highly affected my life and that's the key of my living.
without the revelation of GOD(prophecy),am not here on earth.

2 Likes

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
hahaahahahhaha threads on NL these days are amazing.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by brodalikeme(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
Biblical prophesies has had alot of positive effect on my life. Though I don't accept things just becos there from 'a bible carrying man'. It is always best to weigh the prophesy against the Word of God in the bible, then secondly check under what authority the prophet is even speaking- his or God

1 Like

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Geophem(m): 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
yap,positively!
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by solemate: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
Most of them are pure lies
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by tobechi74: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2012
Since oyedepo,T B Joshua,and adeboye predictd plane crash, i stop entering PLANE.

It makes me late 4 apointment.

1 Like

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Linberry(f): 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
One told me sumfin sumtime last week dat d abortion/miscarriage I did/had is gonna make me ve difficulty in procreating.........I had to stop him and asked if he was seeing vision for sum1 else or for me.I also asked him where dey do an abortion cos I ve no idea of such. How can I miscarry wat I never carried. It was so funny. Mtseeewwww. A true xtian sees things thru dreams.God reveals so many finz to me thru dreams. Prophecies can affect ur life positively if u meet wif true prophets, which is rare. Buh negatively, if u meet wif fake prophets *dey r everwhere nw oo!!!!* beware.

5 Likes

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by acidtalk: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
Watch out for this Space for my prophecies on some certain nairaland members, few moderators and the forum itself.

Failure to believe is at your own risk.

2 Likes

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by slimming: 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
i can always apply for a change with papa God. No fear at all

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by buchibabe: 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mehnnn! Some prophesies hv really affected me negatively,dat was wen I was very gullible and easy to get wit some fake revelation esp wen I was attendin one "wuz up"church som yrs ago.
I'm wiser now
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

Prophesies?
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I dey laff
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Detonatorrex(m): 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2012
sauceEEP: 1st to comment. Srry no comment. Dancing azonto.........
u well?
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2012
Some years ago after NYSC, I started job hunting. My pastor was a big boy in one of the international banks which has its branches in Nigeria.

One Sunday, he was prophesying that he sees many cars being parked outside. Me sef dey scatter 'amen' like mad man. Oh boy, if una see suffer wey my eye see after that time, una go fear.

I wonder till today how my own car never materialized to the parking lot outside the church.

Prophesy my anus angry
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by shadrach77: 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
there are some genuine prophets out there but i discovered recently that most of them are fake. They use psychology to put fear into people's mind so that through fear, they would be able to manipulate you to do thier bidding. Why would a so-called prophet of God be prophesying negativity all the time e.g. "Your mother-in-law is behind your problem" when the word of God is clearly against such? (1 Corinthians 14:3)

1 Like

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by PosCaricature: 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
pDude: Some years ago after NYSC, I started job hunting. My pastor was a big boy in one of the international banks which has its branches in Nigeria.

One Sunday, he was prophesying that he sees many cars being parked outside. Me sef dey scatter 'amen' like mad man. Oh boy, if una see suffer wey my eye see after that time, una go fear.

I wonder till today how my own car never materialized to the parking lot outside the church.

Prophesy my anus angry
Since then did people not buy cars in your church? I think it's just a matter of fervent prayers, faith & to some extent hardwork.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by ghettodreamz(m): 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
pDude: Some years ago after NYSC, I started job hunting. My pastor was a big boy in one of the international banks which has its branches in Nigeria.

Prophesy my anus angry

Prophesy? Did you receive them with faith? And did you work towards it? Even faith without work is dead,so is prophesy. Some prophecies are meant for corrections, to avert dangers or even death while others are for successes that are yet to manifest. Furthermore, some are fakes while others are true, depending on what inspires the prophecy and who is delivering it.

1 Like

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by ajasa4link: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
I grew up in a church where we strictly adhere to prophecies and we are also told stories of how people disregard prophecies and get punished for it. Despite all this,when i was of age and started reading a lot of books both theist and atheist books,i began to have some doubts when i receive some prophecies and i try as much to distinguish between the truth and made-up prophecies. But last semester,when i was in school, my fellowship president read out a prophecy that someone within the fellowship has committed a murder i.e an abortion has been carried out and the lord has been been greatly vexed. We were all told to close our eyes and the pastor asked whoever d person is to come out... To my surprise,a girl cried out where she was,and i was marvelled that what she did in secrecy was revealed by d spirit of God to the pastor... Since then,i've then cast away all doubts and i have great respect for prophecies that are not laden with falsity
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
Prophecy does three things exhort, comfort and edify.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by ghettodreamz(m): 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
Thank God for true prophecies....And thank God for some true vessels of honour in his hands... I owe God greatly for my life, and will always serve Him forever.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by aydotpretty: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2012

Prophesy my anus angry

just hold on to your faith, it is still on the way
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Jayses(m): 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
they can mislead xo it's better to live without it.@ though there ar some genuine one.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Kemy11(m): 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
I apply wisdom not to disregard the important ones
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by shadrach77: 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
God tells us in His word that He values His word more than His name. I believe if a prophesy is from God, it will come to pass no matter what happens but what we see nowadays is a situation where a "prophet" gives you prophecies, claims the glory if the prophecy happens as predicted, but blames you if the prophecy fails to manifest smiley smiley smiley smiley embarassed embarassed
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by kevoh(m): 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
ajasa4link: I grew up in a church where we strictly adhere to prophecies and we are also told stories of how people disregard prophecies and get punished for it. Despite all this,when i was of age and started reading a lot of books both theist and atheist books,i began to have some doubts when i receive some prophecies and i try as much to distinguish between the truth and made-up prophecies. But last semester,when i was in school, my fellowship president read out a prophecy that someone within the fellowship has committed a murder i.e an abortion has been carried out and the lord has been been greatly vexed. We were all told to close our eyes and the pastor asked whoever d person is to come out... To my surprise,a girl cried out where she was,and i was marvelled that what she did in secrecy was revealed by d spirit of God to the pastor... Since then,i've then cast away all doubts and i have great respect for prophecies that are not laden with falsity

My brother that's a case of chance jor. If no one had come out he would have issued fake threats if he had not issued it already before calling out the person.

With the way our youths sleep around these days, U don't need to be a prophet to be able to call out someone who's had s.ex or abortion out of 20 young girls. I have other situations but this should do.

1 Like

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Adesam01(m): 5:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
They have affected and are affecting my life positively...
Prophesies should be a confirmation to what you already know concerning your life thru the Holy Spirit and they must be established in the word of God (The Bible).
Prophesies must not be despised (1 Thess. 5 vs 20). Accept them in faith and trust God dat it is settled.
Also, Beware of where you get your prophesy. There are alot of false prophets out there!

PROUDLY, a member of CHERUBIM & SERAPHIM CHURCH.
We are the LIGHT of the world... (Matt. 5 vs 14).

1 Like

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Mavrick2012: 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
ajasa4link: I grew up in a church where we strictly adhere to prophecies and we are also told stories of how people disregard prophecies and get punished for it. Despite all this,when i was of age and started reading a lot of books both theist and atheist books,i began to have some doubts when i receive some prophecies and i try as much to distinguish between the truth and made-up prophecies. But last semester,when i was in school, my fellowship president read out a prophecy that someone within the fellowship has committed a murder i.e an abortion has been carried out and the lord has been been greatly vexed. We were all told to close our eyes and the pastor asked whoever d person is to come out... To my surprise,a girl cried out where she was,and i was marvelled that what she did in secrecy was revealed by d spirit of God to the pastor... Since then,i've then cast away all doubts and i have great respect for prophecies that are not laden with falsity
bros,just as sombody said earlier,"prophesy" is mere brain work.did u say school church?ofcours their are a lot of youths in such gadrin(wit large percentage of club girls),so d posibility of ladIES who comit abotn almost montly wil definatly b high at such congregatn.pls rememba ladies ar easily convinced wen it coms to religious matas.COMMON BRAIN WORK bro
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Mavrick2012: 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2012

Prophesy my anus angry
dude,y oblivious of d fact dat such "profecies" only encorages d donatn of mega tithe n ofrins.open ur eyes n u wil see dat dats d kind of "prophecy" dat is makin MOGs to hama now.o boy,am planin 2 launch my own company **use my hand to close my mouth quickly**sory,i wanted to say church

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAN Warns Pastors Against Man-made Miracles / How Do We Seek The Kingdom Of God? Let's See - Joseph Prince / Construction Of Mosque in Lagos State,with Special Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.