Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

My Marriage,my Weight - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage,my Weight (2468 Views)

The Pains Of My Marriage. My Version Of Unconditonal Love. / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / 7 Greatest And Common Mistake To Avoid In Your Marriage{my Personal Experience} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Marriage,my Weight by rukayatd: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
Am a young married woman wiv two kids delivered thru C.S.after my first child my husband complained about my weight nd it almost broke d marriage.after my 2nd child i bcame slim but nw after 7mnths he said am beginnin to grow fat again.am nt fat but he wants me to b lyk i was wen he met me in school.Ve tried cuttin down on my food ,no changes.pls wat r d feasible fins i can do.note in nigeria oooooo.pls no insults nd stupid comments
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by seyigiggle: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
sorry about that, but it is natural.
your husband should understand this, starving yourself will not solve it.
try and talk that to him, let him look around and find that woman who does not gain weight after birth nevertheless, that does not give you an excuseto grow like an elephant
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
rukayatd: Am a young married woman wiv two kids delivered thru C.S.after my first child my husband complained about my weight nd it almost broke d marriage.after my 2nd child i bcame slim but nw after 7mnths he said am beginnin to grow fat again.am nt fat but he wants me to b lyk i was wen he met me in school.Ve tried cuttin down on my food ,no changes.pls wat r d feasible fins i can do.note in nigeria oooooo.pls no insults nd stupid comments

I hope he himself looks the same way he did when you met him in school.

Anyway you need to exercise to get the weight off in a healthy way as opposed to just starving yourself. You don't need fancy equipment to lose weight, you just need commitment to it. Try doing "skipping rope"/jump rope in your house both feet off the ground at once for more intensity. If you don't have a rope just jump while pretending to have one. Start with as many as you can and try to work your way up to doing 1,000 daily or at least 5 times a week. The weight will start coming off within a week if you are consistent. Eat good balanced meals but monitor how much you eat in terms of portion sizes, cut back on sugary drinks like coke and juice. Don't know if you eat a lot of junk food too like biscuits, cake and ice-cream etc but if you do, cut back on those things too. I don't mean you must never enjoy these things but it's got to be in moderation.
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
Your husband should get real.
I don't think he is the same as you met him either.

For weight loss, eat normally but in smaller portion, that way you consume less calories.
Do exercises like 3 times weekly.

It's good to be trim but you must realize that genes play a role. There is a limit to how slim some people can go.
There are big women who manage to stay sexy and slim women who look shabby

The important thing is how you present yourself. Wear clothes that fit and look and smell fresh always.
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
Or else what will happen OP? don't get me wrong I like to be fit myself but we all have different metabolism and strengths , I honestly don't know what to say.... Besides

What happened to marriage vows and support? or should ask is he willing to support you to lose weight and I meant go to gym with you, healthy food choices and other related steps.....
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by rukayatd: 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
Fank u all.but am nt really fat.but i'l try evryfin u ave said.fanks
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by rukayatd: 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
BlueDiva: Your husband should get real.
I don't think he is the same as you met him either.

For weight loss, eat normally but in smaller portion, that way you consume less calories.
Do exercises like 3 times weekly.

It's good to be trim but you must realize that genes play a role. There is a limit to how slim some people can go.
There are big women who manage to stay sexy and slim women who look shabby

The important thing is how you present yourself. Wear clothes that fit and look and smell fresh always.
I dress gud
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
if he actually showed u support by going to the gym with u or help u work out at home...he might start appreciating the hard work u having been putting into getting into shape
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by baby124: 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
Health section has a thread for people wanting to lose weight. Join that group and get some advice on food and exercise routines. I know how you feel. Am already working out so when that time comes my body is used to it and will snap back effortlessly. Its not easy to gain weight rapidly, and for your lover to criticise too. These men sef. God why did you not share the burden of pregnancy? angry
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 06, 2012
@

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage,my Weight by TCD: 2:14am On Nov 06, 2012
I'm yet to see a fat woman who will gladly accept that she is fat or growing bigger. They are always in denial. "I'm big", "big boned" , "fleshy", "curvy", "have a little flesh" "plus size" bla bla bla. Its when they become chronically fat with tummies as big as satellite dish and resign themselves to that fact, they now change to "I'm big bold and beautiful".

OP, we see it all the time. Women have kids and use that excuse to baloon out of proportion. I highly doubt your husband wants you to be exactly how he met you in the university, you're just saying that for effect to get sympathy. He wants you to lose weight and be healthy. For him to complain I'm sure something definitely is amiss. There is no smoke without fire. Or you want him to wait till u get to a BMI of 45 before he starts urging you to lose weight?

Besides that, Its very healthy for you to be fit. Love yourself and do what's right for you so you can live longer and cater for those two kids.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Mrsmansson(f): 2:17am On Nov 06, 2012
Are u on contraceptives?what kind of child spacing did u go for?those things could make a woman grow faith even if u eat or starve,

rukayatd: Am a young married woman wiv two kids delivered thru C.S.after my first child my husband complained about my weight nd it almost broke d marriage.after my 2nd child i bcame slim but nw after 7mnths he said am beginnin to grow fat again.am nt fat but he wants me to b lyk i was wen he met me in school.Ve tried cuttin down on my food ,no changes.pls wat r d feasible fins i can do.note in nigeria oooooo.pls no insults nd stupid comments

1 Like

Re: My Marriage,my Weight by rukayatd: 6:18am On Nov 06, 2012
fanks again for d advice,but wen i say am nt really fat den am nt realy fat,nd my marriage breakin was because he dint want me to feel bad so he dint tell me he just bcame distant.am actually a size 8-10 turned 12
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by rukayatd: 6:18am On Nov 06, 2012
fanks again for d advice,but wen i say am nt really fat den am nt realy fat,nd my marriage breakin was because he dint want me to feel bad so he dint tell me he just bcame distant.am actually a size 8-10 turned 12.am a person dat pple r surprised weneva i say i ave 2kids soooooooo
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 06, 2012
Ur story doesn't add up. U are not fat but ur husband wants u to lose weight. Ur marriage almost broke up..bla bla bla.
Jst say it out, u want people to suggest a divorce. Someone here is already saying there is a problem in d marriage and ur being fat is not the issue.
Ok, get a divorce afterall he is a bad man and could turn a wife beater tomorrow. Useless married women who like to rubbish their men in public.
If u want to keep your home stick to the advice here on how to shed that weight and don't let people stairt giving u ideas that there is a problem with the marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 06, 2012
@

1 Like

Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 06, 2012
seyigiggle: nevertheless, that does not give you an excuse to grow like an ELEPHANT
jeez! Isn't that too harsh and insulting? angry

@op I think the best you should do is to do lots of exercise and watch your diet as simple as that.
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 06, 2012
7 months, you must still be br3astfeeding, before embarking on any diet contact your doctor before you end up dizzy and having fainting spells.
If your child still sucks he will need nutrition and you will need energy from food. Most diets require you cut off caorbohydrates or substittute carbs with low calorie fiber meals.
Speak to you Doctor first, I won't feel comfortable giving a nursing mother dieting tips when it could negatively affect her and the baby.
I find it sad that a dress size is capable of almost breaking your marriage, there are harder things in marriage than weight, death, sickness, loss of income etc. Work it out

1 Like

Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2012
My thought is that your hubby is complaining because you are not making efforts on watching your weight. i was in the same dilemma of size 10 to 12 and was even 14 at some point but God knows i made effort. Gym, tea, reducing intake of carbohydrate, eliminating dinner completely and my hubby for once never complained not because i wasnt big but i was making efforts and na d guy dey even slow me down now as i have gone down to a 12 and if i keep it up then i'll hit a size 10 before end of 2013.
It's likely you are still breastfeeding but you can make efforts, do plenty of protein, vegetables and fibre. who says you cant have wholegrain cereal,3-4 portions of fruit for breakfast. Beans/moi-moi, vegetable + fish or any white meat for lunch and maybe an early dinner of wheat and vegetable. If you can, subtitute your palm- oil with olive oil. i could go on and on but not letting yourself go and making efforts is the key to consistent weight loss over time.
I will not join people blaming your husband because he is not the one seeking advise on what to do and i can only assume that you wont tell him you have written on NL to seek for help so he wont be able to read people's comment on how he should support you. It's your body, not his. even if he cant get his size8 wife back let him at least get a size 10.
My efforts in weight loss really helped my confidence, its not uncommon to find guys hitting on me even in the company of single pretty ladies until i proudly flaunt my ring to them, its good to get a few heads turn even as a mother of 2 when you go out for functions. The health benefits are also numerous
Start little, start now and the efforts will pay of with time. Goodluck girl!

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
Gaggi: Ur story doesn't add up. U are not fat but ur husband wants u to lose weight. Ur marriage almost broke up..bla bla bla.
Jst say it out, u want people to suggest a divorce. Someone here is already saying there is a problem in d marriage and ur being fat is not the issue.
Ok, get a divorce afterall he is a bad man and could turn a wife beater tomorrow. Useless married women who like to rubbish their men in public.
If u want to keep your home stick to the advice here on how to shed that weight and don't let people stairt giving u ideas that there is a problem with the marriage.

Divorce ke? Divorce is not as easy as you just mentioned it and besides nobody mentioned divorce here,

OP's story just doesn't add up for me.......size 12 isn't that bad if she continues to exercise cos she's still breastfeeding.

Also most men don't like women flapping around the house all in the name of 'I just had a baby'..,, pack yourself up!
Re: My Marriage,my Weight by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2012

Try Adding Zero Calorie Shiritaki noodles to your diet. Yes, taste great and they are good source of fibre. If you are outside of Nigeria, you should be able to get them from the Asian store or Amazon or some other Online source.

Also, try substituting much of what you currently eat with lower calorie options. For instance, instead of eating 2 Ramen noodles, Eat one and cook it with chopped head of Cabbage. Cabbage is low in calorie, high fibre and will help get you full. If you can cut find other substitutes, and include those in your diet, you will not have to starve yourself to get thin, instead you stay full while your body looses weight.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

. / How Do You Manage Double Standard In Your Family? / closed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.