Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. (608 Views)

Cameroon Government Fines MTN $160 Million For Corruption Charges / How Do I Stop Facebook Daily Subscription Charges From My Sim / Call Divert on MTN and Vmobile Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. by bamto(m): 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
How dubious can MTN get? I have been at the receiving end of their indiscriminate charges for downloads lately. I use a BB bold 2. I found that live streaming attracts extra charges but should downloads attract the same? I observed that while some downloads are heavily charged, others are not at all. PLEASE, HOW CAN ONE DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE TWO AND HOW IS IT QUANTIFIED? Their customer care has not been of any help. Is this another dubious act of theirs besides their denying me free air time despite meeting the target? M Thief N...nowhere you go!
Re: MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. by berylLOL(f): 6:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
just throw d sim away...MTN isnt worth it at all.
Re: MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. by bamto(m): 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
Which of the lot can be trusted?
Re: MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
Sorry
Re: MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
bamto: How dubious can MTN get? I have been at the receiving end of their indiscriminate charges for downloads lately. I use a BB bold 2. I found that live streaming attracts extra charges but should downloads attract the same? I observed that while some downloads are heavily charged, others are not at all. PLEASE, HOW CAN ONE DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE TWO AND HOW IS IT QUANTIFIED? Their customer care has not been of any help. Is this another dubious act of theirs besides their denying me free air time despite meeting the target? M Thief N...nowhere you go!
How come na? I downloaded 42GB in 5days! with this same mtn's bis and they didn't charge any extra. All charges was on my bis. Its UNLIMITED!.
Re: MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
truly live streaming attracts extra charges but, you can disable it. I use a torch2, I don't know if the step is same with bold2. This is how you do it; goto your blackberrys browser and click on the menu button, then click on option and unmark "switching to carrier network for streaming media" mtn will never deduct your money again.
Re: MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. by bamto(m): 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
Highbros:
How come na? I downloaded 42GB in 5days! with this same mtn's bis and they didn't charge any extra. All charges was on my bis. Its UNLIMITED!.
Thanks. I once put a call thru to their customer care and I was told there are sites that they charge extra on; that my BIS is not unlimited! But she couldn't mention specific sites; just said I should set my phone in such a way that I will be prompted when this is about to happen.
Re: MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. by bamto(m): 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2012
Highbros: truly live streaming attracts extra charges but, you can disable it. I use a torch2, I don't know if the step is same with bold2. This is how you do it; goto your blackberrys browser and click on the menu button, then click on option and unmark "switching to carrier network for streaming media" mtn will never deduct your money again.
Many thanks. I'll do that right away.
Re: MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. by bamto(m): 11:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
'Prompt before switching to carrier network for streaming media' was unmarked. Did you mean I should mark?
Re: MTN And Their Indiscriminate Download Charges. by Sadusalam: 8:11am On Nov 06, 2012
I see

(1) (Reply)

Iran Launches Mehr, Own Version Of Youtube. / Mtn Is Faking Switched Off Lines / Mtn Secuirity Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.