Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival (9438 Views)

Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) / Fayose Steals The Show At Udiroko Festival / [photos] Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Chase Away Evil Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Ayomax(m): 10:12am On Nov 06, 2012
femojie:
There is no born again king before Jesus christ in the Bible. The word 'born again' came into being after the death of Jesus christ.
you totally wrong, go n read your bible very well.

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ayee001: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2012
If he is a born-again christian, that seat in not meant for him. Also if he's a devoted Muslim
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2012
Ayomax: u guys are yet to answer my question, wht abt born again kings we have in the bible? they were king and they served only one God. shey dey get two heads ni?

King David served the God of his fathers, enforced the laws of the God of the land and personally was committed to currying favour with their God.

COMPARE HIM WITH THIS MAN

He is not serving their deity and he shows utter disregard to their laws.
He does not have any business there.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by inquisitiv: 10:14am On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
How were Africans backward? Please explain.. before I even attempt to reply to the rest of the drivel you posted up there...

You wanna know? Pick up a history book. We are so held down by beliefs and this we have carried into churches. We have a culture that doesn't ask questions. My annoyance is that these youth wouldn't mind someone that will steal their future as long as he upholds wateva rubbish they call tradition.

And before, you defend african gods and attack christianity. I still have beef with people who uphold every tradition of their damn churches and mosques without asking questions about our development. Our attachment to anything called belief, culture, tradition, gods, faith is sickening.

Tell those youths to go chase a government official and they won't as long as he settles them. U can now go into ' the drivel I posted up dere'.

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 06, 2012
inquisitiv:
You wanna know? Pick up a history book. We are so held down by beliefs and this we have carried into churches. We have a culture that doesn't ask questions. My annoyance is that these youth wouldn't mind someone that will steal their future as long as he upholds wateva rubbish they call tradition.

And before, you defend african gods and attack christianity. I still have beef with people who uphold every tradition of their damn churches and mosques without asking questions about our development. Our attachment to anything called belief, culture, tradition, gods, faith is sickening.

Tell those youths to go chase a government official and they won't as long as he settles them. U can now go into ' the drivel I posted up dere'.
Funny guy.. you are against beliefs generally, but not against the mother of all beliefs - THE ONE THAT AFFECTS THE BLACKMAN THE MOST.. belief in a god that looks nothing like him, that readily admits he's of a lower tribe.. and that his acceptance into this greater tribe was through human sacrifice - one of the reasons I'm sure you would say African tribes are backward..

Ephesians 2:
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

As for history books, Chinua Achebe's books are enough for me.. You don't read about your history from foreigners.. I don't even believe in the local gods, I know all gods are figments of man's imagination, but it'd be better that he who needs a god to survive worships one that belongs to him..

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by aariwa(m): 10:22am On Nov 06, 2012
why are they targeting the traditional rulers.the other time in a south /west state a traditional ruler /s palace was burnt and the king chased away because two students of a higher institution died in a car accident through no fault of the king.the other time a traditional ruler was hurled stones by youths.this is an early sign of danger that the youths are now rebelling against constituted authorities in the land.would this be a prelude to an ultimate revolution against the political leadership in the country?time will tell.remember that BOKO HARAM and KIDNAPPING started with silent incidences like this.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Shankboye(m): 10:30am On Nov 06, 2012
Ña wa for some people self, person wey dem born today no say anybody wey wan be King must do some stupid stuffs wey me self no fit do nevertheless bornagain, if any small thing happen una go dey preach bible for here, una no even dey use uña common sense again, haha, as a bornagain wetin u find go do for dat Kind thing ..úseless set of people, use ur brain first before u consult ur bible..mtcheww
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by pappy2000: 10:31am On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
How were Africans backward? Please explain.. before I even attempt to reply to the rest of the drivel you posted up there...
So you don't know that Africa is backward. I can only pray that God will open your eyes to see
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ektbear: 10:32am On Nov 06, 2012
The youths are kind of correct.

If you don't want to do the traditional rituals because you are a Christian, then don't take up these traditional roles. Nobody pointed a gun at his head for him to be king.

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 06, 2012
pappy2000:
So you don't know that Africa is backward. I can only pray that God will open your eyes to see
Lol.. even grammar u no sabi.. please ignore me..
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Shankboye(m): 10:35am On Nov 06, 2012
Ayomax: u guys are yet to answer my question, wht abt born again kings we have in the bible? they were king and they served only one God. shey dey get two heads ni?
Why u dey ask dumb question? Use ur number 6 before u consult ur bible
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2012
Christianity is an Asian tradition, while Osun is a Yoruba African tradition. The Monarch was not supposed to take up that crown if he is not ready to represent what the Kingdom stands for. He is confused. Best thing is for him to steer clear of the crown.

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by NDSMART(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2012
This issue have two divides, first u cant blame the King, he has his own reason, he want to revolt and change his people's belief on their tradition they don't really need again. Secondly, the Youth, you cannot blame them, they were only acting on ignorance.... its normal, people act weird when you intends to change what they believe in...... This is how some cultures fizzle out

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Shankboye(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2012
ekt_bear: The youths are kind of correct.

If you don't want to do the traditional rituals because you are a Christian, then don't take up these traditional roles. Nobody pointed a gun at his head for him to be king.

And I sure say fight e take reach dat position self, if not kill to be there self
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by 9jafreak: 10:39am On Nov 06, 2012
"Some of the monarch’s family members, who conducted our correspondent round the damaged palace on Monday, said the grouse of the youth was Adetona’s refusal to engage in idolatry and marry a new wife when he ascended the throne."

[size=15pt]When will somebody tell these ignorant fools that Christianity too is idolatry.

Who has seen God?
Or Who is that white Man they see in their prayers?
No be idol be that? #Mumu#
[/size]
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ifyalways(f): 10:40am On Nov 06, 2012
Where is Pagan9ja ?he must be super happy with the youths. Lol

?topic, why did the pastor monarch ascend the throne when he obviously knew his people were suckers for their tradition? Greed?he wants to "eat" with both hands?

He's lucky he came out alive. And should do the right thing by giving up one of the roles ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ODUANEGRO: 10:42am On Nov 06, 2012

Lol...i know you are joking, right?

All the kings of the bible had wives and concubines and offered sacrifices at the altar and in the sanctum.

Me sef I pray one day to become king so i can have plenty concubines. i go do pass king solomon. lipsrsealed
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:45am On Nov 06, 2012
Where are all these yoruba tribal bigots they are no where to be found if it happen at Igbo land u will see them shouting Igbo and be making fun of igbo tribe, this get to show that the main tribalist on nl are yoruba foes

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by olly4life: 10:45am On Nov 06, 2012
Nairalanders, pls reason & look at post before U̶̲̥̅̊ respond o. I put it to U̶̲̥̅̊, there is more to these episode than what we are reading. Where there no traditional rite b4 he ascended the throne. Money is not changing hands again, politicians are angry(Case study of Jagaban & SAN). Make all of dem with their king park well joor. I know d place, d people loved dis king well well o. It also reflect what is going on at d center
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ODUANEGRO: 10:45am On Nov 06, 2012
Ify my sister, how family? Hope your boys and their papa do fine. No slack abeg.. cheesy
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by 5much(m): 10:46am On Nov 06, 2012
If u do not want to eat a food, dont taste it.
d chief tasted d food but refused to eat it.wahala-i'm not justifying d actions of d youths.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ODUANEGRO: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2012
Ucheosefoh: Where are all these yoruba tribal bigots they are no where to be found if it happen at Igbo land u will see them shouting Igbo and be making fun of igbo tribe, this get to show that the main tribalist on nl are yoruba foes

...say what now
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2012
Ucheosefoh: Where are all these yoruba tribal bigots they are no where to be found if it happen at Igbo land u will see them shouting Igbo and be making fun of igbo tribe, this get to show that the main tribalist on nl are yoruba foes
We big pass dem.. U just fall our hands.. We're more matured generally.. there are a lot of nyc Yoruba folk on here... dont' judge the majority by the actions of some ignorant few..

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ektbear: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2012
Shankboye:

And I sure say fight e take reach dat position self, if not kill to be there self

Abi o

He wants to have his cake and eat it
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2012
you shouldn't be surprised.you should have known that earlier! We sure know the originators of tribal bigotry on NL.smh
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by olly4life: 10:50am On Nov 06, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO: Ify my sister, how family? Hope your boys and their papa do fine. No slack abeg.. cheesy

Abeg U̶̲̥̅̊ well so, U̶̲̥̅̊ think dis na bb or fb. Oh just been told U̶̲̥̅̊ are from Yaba on d left, wish U̶̲̥̅̊ soonest recovery

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2012
olly4life:

Abeg U̶̲̥̅̊ well so, U̶̲̥̅̊ think dis na bb or fb. Oh just been told U̶̲̥̅̊ are from Yaba on d left, wish U̶̲̥̅̊ soonest recovery
grin LWBMB!!
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by chucky234(m): 10:57am On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
You foool, was David an African? And how was he even born-again? Abi David give im lyf to that robber Christ? Why drop your traditions/beliefs for some stupid David that has never affected your life one bit?
The kind of reasoning among Africans sef...
Wanted to ignore you but your dumbness is too chronic to be left unattended,how has your silly olokun and ifa affected your pathetic besotted life?
Chronic discombobulated beetle-headed goon.

3 Likes

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by DeSuper(m): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2012
The king should be blamed for this incident, he shouldn't have taken the throne in the first place when he knew he won't respect their tradition. I don't think there is any kingdom in Nigeria where the king oppose the tradition?
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2012
hahhaah.
na wa ooooooooooo how did the born again christian accept to become the head knowing he cant change a whole lot of people. if he wants to change them, he shouldn't be the head rather he should embark on house to house evangelism and preach well to them.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 06, 2012
chucky234: Wanted to ignore you but your dumbness is too chronic be left unattended,how has your silly olokun and ifa affected your pathetic besotted life?
Chronic discombobulated beetle-headed goon.
Lol... chucky you should have ignored me.. how has your silly Yahweh and Allah helped you... end of year dey come.. na prayer and prophesy time.. and you call my life pathetic,, keep believing in a robber that was killed on a cross.. a dead robber... if he was killed in this age, fools like you would be wearing guns around your neck instead of that pathetic cross you flaunt like a good fart..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wikipedia In Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa / Cultural/traditional Festivals In Nigeria / Culture And Igbo Business Practices!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.