Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival (9447 Views)

Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) / Fayose Steals The Show At Udiroko Festival / [photos] Indian Girl Marries A Dog To Chase Away Evil Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by fitzmayowa: 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
Na wa o, you can't seperate them from their tradition, the next thing they result to is violence. Another ALUU in the making
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by bigboy3: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
My question is:- did the king interfere or impose his religion on the people...If the answer is no..WTF

1. As a blue blood, he has every right to the throne even if he is a witch, wizard, ogbanje, muslim , christian, Hindu etc ( except otherwise stated in their constitution)

2. Even as the king, he has a free will to practice his religion just like other members of the community and marry only 1 wife if thats what pleases him.

3. He didn't stop them from practising or performing their traditional rites

So what is the noise about, the same way responsible people leave idiots to run the country because some believe politics is a dirty game, same applies to tradition, if we can't be involved and change things in our immediate environment, what is the point. We come on nairaland and scream but what have you done today to help your immediate environment.

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
BLACK MAN IS A DISGRACE TO HUMANITY,CHECK OUT DESTROYING OBA'S PALACE because OF NOT MARRYING A NEW WIFE AND APPROVING OWA MBE,THIS VILLAGE IS FULL OF ILLITERATE FOLKS,UNENLIGHTENED AND BLIND PEOPLE,GOD FORBID EVEIL
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Donlouise(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
You foool, was David an African? And how was he even born-again? Abi David give im lyf to that robber Christ? Why drop your traditions/beliefs for some stupid David that has never affected your life one bit?
The kind of reasoning among Africans sef...
broda ar u okay?
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by ngmart(m): 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
Na wah oh
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by SlyIg(f): 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
pappy2000:
Let me ask you a question did u do comprehension in school becos that may be the root of your problem,I don't have problem with a king who believes in christainanehy can't rhe youth respect the king constitutional right of freedom of worship,becos he has refused to join the cult so he should be killed
you must be a very confused human Being! What is the duty of a king in the traditional society. Dont you kw that as a pastor leads in your church so does a king lead in the traditional religion. What took the so call king to the throne if he wasnt ready to serve the people. I dont like it when people dont respect other's religion. This is the same nonesenze that the muslims are imposing on us the christians. That king should step down to christianity and leave the traditional religion to those that are practising it. Get my point right into your head and dont quote me again,understood?
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by BeraBera(f): 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
You foool, was David an African? And how was he even born-again? Abi David give im lyf to that robber Christ? Why drop your traditions/beliefs for some stupid David that has never affected your life one bit?
The kind of reasoning among Africans sef...
What is your problem, this man? I can see that you are high on cocaine. Shebi if someone says something or produces a movie about your "god" you people will start protesting. You better respect yourself and mind your language
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by regime: 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
dat King msut be ousted. He must respect all d 3 religions.

Muslim
Christian, and
Tradition.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2012

Some of the youth, who craved anonymity, told our correspondent on Monday that Adetona had been disrespecting the town’s traditions since he was installed as the monarch.

One of them said, “Our king has not been respecting our traditions. He has refused to join the Awo cult. He has refused to marry another wife after he became the king; and he has consistently refused to approve the celebration of some traditional festivities.

“He has flagrantly objected to all pleas for him to respect traditions and the culture of our people and has vowed that as a born-again Christian, he will never indulge in or encourage such traditional rites throughout his reign.”

It was learnt that the monarch allegedly travelled out of the state in order not to partake in the worship of the Ogun festival.

The youth, however, monitored his movement and stormed his new palace when he returned from his journey and destroyed everything on sight.

Very primitive people with backward primitive mindset.
Useless youths that ought to be doing something more constructive with their useless lives
Fetish juju ridden idol worshippers
Foolish idiots
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by johndavid1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
Pele oooo
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by bokohalal(m): 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
I am sure the Whitemen/women are laughing and saying behind our back' look at them. Haha. They believed us and they are now christians.Haha'.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by COOLDUN: 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
The nairalanders always jump into conclusions in their judgments without going through the matters thoroughly, there is no problem in being a king and a child of God at the same time, all depends on how you handle the affairs of the land. The king is right to choose to participate or not to participate in the festival depending how it is performed.

To me I will never participate in any festival that encourages human blood, or idol worshiping as a Christian and child of God. Recently from a reliable source I was told that this festival involves human sacrifice, and some virgin sacrifices to appease the gods of fertility and harvest. How can one take the life he/she cannot create? I believe that God almighty put this great man to make some changes in that town, no real child of God will ever participate in a barbaric culture and festival like this.

Imagine a man who is managing one wife being forced to add another wives and burden to his life, when he marries many wives and decides to be using his community fund to feed his family, it will be the same villagers/youths that will shout and accuse him of corruption. My faith made me to know that a happy family is the one, with one wife. Polygamy is a big sin and crime, which is supposed to be avoided by any child of God.

Before criticizing this monarch, we supposed to ask the kind of festival and the procedures of the ritual that is involved. Why are the youths so concerned and annoyed for his refusal to participate in the ritual and festival. I am in support of culture and tradition as it promotes tourism and boost the economy, but not the ones that still accommodate barbaric principles. This monarch supposed to be applaud for his great self confidence in resisting what is seen as evil in sight of God and men.

Every custom and tradition that still consumes the blood of innocent people should be reformed. Till tomorrow I still respect the present Oba of Benin Kingdom for his great cultural reformation in the Kingdom. God bless any monarch, king, queen, prince and princess that rebukes the ancient bloody and barbaric traditions of his/her kingdom, to the latest ways of serving the living God. Cultures and traditions must stay but not the barbaric practiced ones.

1 Like

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by k2039: 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ayomax:
well I do disagree with you to some extend. don't we have kings tht were born again in the bible? king David n co?

ubong560: @K2039, shaaaraaap! wat do u knw abt tradition? Our forefathers made us 2 bliv dat idolatry is d right thing 2 do. Now, we've com 2 undastnd dat 2 worship God is d right thing, therefore, we must abscorn from idolatry and dat is it. Do away wit idol and welcome Christ into ur life. Idolatry is fetish and we dont need it again. D monarch is an epitome of who we need now. I salute him 4 dat move.

So he was ordained in the church,mtcheew(He had a traditional ordination,now he wants to back out).
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by emmatok(m): 10:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
SlyIg:
you must be a very confused human Being! What is the duty of a king in the traditional society. Dont you kw that as a pastor leads in your church so does a king lead in the traditional religion. What took the so call king to the throne if he wasnt ready to serve the people. I dont like it when people dont respect other's religion. This is the same nonesenze that the muslims are imposing on us the christians. That king should step down to christianity and leave the traditional religion to those that are practising it. Get my point right into your head and dont quote me again,understood?

Best post .

That King was ordained based on tradition, and must respect it.
He can go to church if he likes.
But he must observe tradition.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
[size=32pt]THE GODS BE PRAISED!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF THE YORUBA YOUTH WING!!!!!!!!!

YOUR ANCESTORS WILL BE PROUD OF YOU![/size]

this is the first time ever that i hear youth rise up to defend the age old traditions and religion! this is radical! i have always maintaned that the Yoruba are true defenders of their identity. no wonder Ifa Orisha is gaining fast ground today!

I thank all my Yoruba brothers and sisters for this. keep it up! PAGAN 9JA of the Hausa is with you! cool

ASE! ASE! ASE!

Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by katcy4christ: 11:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
Muskeeto i am concern about you but,you know what, Jesus is knocking at the door of your heart please let Him come in
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^shut up and stop your man-worship. your man-God jesus , the israeli hippie is dead. return to the true path and worship the true SPiritual Forces that guide our Universe. it is time you do away with your illiterate backward mentality before it eats you from within.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by katcy4christ: 11:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
[quote author=PAGAN 9JA]^^^^^^^^^^^^^shut up and stop your man-worship. your man-God jesus , the israeli hippie is dead. return to the true path and worship the true SPiritual Forces that guide our Universe. it is time you do away with your illiterate backward mentality before it eats you from within.[/quote.I choose to serve the creator instead of the creature.Dont allow bitterness to envelope you my dear i know you will surely accept christ some day.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
^^^^^^If you choose to serve the Creator force deity then go serve Olodumare. christ is not a creator. christ is recent only 2000 years back . are you saying that israeli man created you. are you gone mad my ancestors lived way before christ did. christ is CREATED just like you or me.

i will never accept christ. infact if i ever see him, i will recrucify him for all the attrocities he indirectly comitted upon this world.
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by Adeyeyeaki(m): 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
Many at times we failed to know that there are two sides to a coin.
Do the king makers (the afobajes)didnt know that this man is a christian or didnt he told them before they invite him from abroad to come home to become a king?
The king had ruled for how many years now for the to know that their king dont join them for their traditional stuff and he also didnt have 2nd wives?
If u follow the trend well you will notice that this king didnt stay in the old palace he built his own palace. What do you expect? Dont we think something is fishing?
Let check the two sides of the coin well before we jugde. Thankz
Re: Youths Chase-Away King For Shunning Traditional Festival by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
in my opinion this King just misused his positin of power. he must have play acted for a few years as a good King who practiced all the traditions and religion and then when he decided he had got a hold over the position, he thought he could use it for his original motice to spread chrisitanity.

OR

he must have been bribed/payed a high amount of money by some christian organization to use his position of influence to spread xtianism. otherwise why would this so suddenly come up?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cultural/traditional Festivals In Nigeria / Wikipedia In Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa / What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.