Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers (10216 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct / LASTMA Officers Kill Bus Driver In Lagos; Man Beaten To Coma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Reyspin(m): 11:16am On Nov 06, 2012
geeez: Why are these guys so lawless?

You've been restricted from riding on only 452 out of over 9,000 roads. Why on earth is that hard a rule to stick with!?

I think government needs to get firmer

Na lie Government dem dey Lie about the road matta oooo..They are arresting the okada men even on my street in Dolphin Estate... Am not disputing the fact that the policemen might be overzealous but the Government are responsible for their actions.. So the Okada men as human will surely fight for their means of livelihood...
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by legendsilver(m): 11:24am On Nov 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

Because out of the 9000 roads, only 452 are good roads..
grin
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by yomanovic: 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
Odinaka00: Fashola is the best governor..........ACN is the best party

buroda ode. Shio!!!
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by beamed: 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
I don't know what to say about LASTMA. On my way to a wedding ceremony, apparently unsure if I was about to enter into a wrong way, I immediately pull over and beckoned to the LASTMA controlling Traffic. This happened at Oshodi. He directed me and I proceeded only for them to run after me and got me arrested for plying a wrong way. Is this what they are told to do ? Worst is their mannerism and tout like behaviour. Yet some people celebrate them. The battle line is drawn between me and them. I have my own plans.

Again, I want to question the manner the police are going about enforcing this okada ban. Just at the exit of the opebi link road to oregun, I witnessed what could have resulted into the death of 3 people - the rider and two women. The police patrol van recklessly crushed the okada to the ground. Now the the rider was quick to get up and took to his heels. Nevertheless they went after him pointing their guns as if he were an armed robber. Would these same policemen chase a BOKO HARAM on the loose ? It was not sufficient that the rider left his bike for them to confiscate, they chased and chased . . . I didn't see the end of it because the traffic light signalled me to drive. The fate of the other women remained unclear to me. My question is, must you kill and maim to enforce this ban ? And talking about the roads, where are they ? May be death traps instead of roads. Yes the roads are many and mapped yet the navigator gets you confused by misleading you to go on pot holes ridden routes in which your judgment would probably have been better. We celebrate mediocrity too much jo. Eko o ni baaje but Eko to me don dey spoil. Ban them if you must but not kill them and fix the roads and I'll know you're up to something. Besides we don't need to glorify you for doing any good because that's what we elected you to do in the first place. "Aguda o je la be geesi, ise owo wa la wa nje - Orlando Owoh"

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by olaolaking: 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
sucess001:

so cos LASG tells u they got 9000 roads...u sef believe? where the 9000 roads na? na inside dem office e dey

govt firmer ko...farmer ni...expect more citizen disobedience if u dont tink of the citizens before comin out weit a policy

if you disobey you will be purnished
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by onyekabe(m): 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
Idle mind is devil workshop. Very soon okada will metamorphose a militant group. Shola what are you trying to turn lagos to lagositan?
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by pawpawguy: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
more are still on the way, pls watch out.
mukina2: Aggrieved riders of motorcycles popularly called Okada plying Magodo area of Lagos State took to the Ojodu Berger road on Monday to engage some officers of the Lagos State Traffic and Management Authority in a fight after a raid by a combined team of policemen and LASTMA officers.

Our correspondent gathered that an Okada rider, said to be plying one of the restricted routes, was chased by the patrol teams.

An eyewitness said when they left after chasing other Okada riders away, others went on the rampage threatening to attack any LASTMA man in sight.

When our correspondent arrived at the scene of the incident, some of the protesting Okada riders were seen blocking the Roundabout at the end of the road with a traffic box.

They also beat two officers of the LASTMA controlling traffic on the road before they were rescued by passers-by and members of the Ojodu-Berger chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers.

Some of the motorcycle riders said they were not operating on any of the restricted routes in the state and could not understand why the police had continued to molest them.

The incident caused a gridlock before members of the Ojodu-Berger chapter of the NURTW mobilised themselves to control the traffic.

Chairman of the Ojodu-Berger Park of the NURTW, Mr. Tokunbo Seriki said the police were on a “sanitising” exercise across motor parks in the area.

He said it was after they finished checking the park that they decided to move to the Okada Park.

Seriki said, ‘‘I was told that a fight was about to break between the LASTMA officers and the Okada riders, so I quickly moved in with my officers. This axis is known for peace and we will not compromise the peace for anything. We will control the traffic till we are sure the officers are safe.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/okada-riders-beat-up-lastma-officers/
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by pawpawguy: 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2012
fashola pls ride on awa gbadun re...
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by texazzpete(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
geeez:

Lagos remains the only state I can drive around using my navigation system in Nigeria. Its simple because all the roads are mapped and can be counted easily. Even when you look at the navigation map, you can count hundreds of roads on a wide screen of an LGA. If Lagos tells you it's got a million roads you can't doubt it because they have it all mapped. My navigation map even seems to show that there are over 9,000 roads in Lagos.

There are GPS navigation maps of Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt and many others states. don't let your ignorance come out in the open.

geeez:

My navigation map even seems to show that there are over 9,000 roads in Lagos.

There's a special place in hell for liars. Remember that.
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by sucess001(m): 1:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
olaolaking:

if you disobey you will be purnished

olodo...do u know what 'civil disobedience' means? oya google am and come back here when u re better educated
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by bigboy3: 1:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
geeez:

Is this an attempt at humor? Certainly not funny

Simple truth...hahaha
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Dmouthed(m): 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
ACN has turned to

A= ASSOCIATION OF

C= CONFUSED

N= NONENTITIES

who has lost focus as a result of selfish interest.

I can assure you that this MEGA city plan will boomerang but maybe by then the man that is deceiving you and me today in the guise of saving live will not be here with you and me in Lagos. He would have gone abroad.

He lives in the ISLAND, and works in the mainland, So how is he going to know what you and I are going through.

be careful when you comment on government policies. shocked
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by SimplySEA(m): 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2012

You've been restricted from riding on only 452 out of over 9,000 roads. Why on earth is that hard a rule to stick with!?

hunger begats desperation....
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by vanstanzy(m): 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
These Okada guyz are waisting their time, the ban is On, and its On. So they'ld rather sentence innocent masses to the hospital in order to earn their daily pay. LAWLESS BUNCH! angry angry angry Fashola really needs to impose a tighter ban on these guyz. At least some level of sanity can be seen on most Lagos roads since the ban, which to me is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. cheesy cheesy
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by brideandgroom: 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
grin
grin
Okija_juju:

Because out of the 9000 roads, only 452 are good roads..
Really grin
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by vislabraye(m): 5:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
Those LASTMA guys are goons. There should be a better way of controlling the Okada riders other than banning.
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by ddestiny20(m): 5:04pm On Nov 06, 2012

but they are been arrested in street as well.
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by getukudo(m): 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
Everyone is going to get used to it at some point. Same thing happened in other cities (Port Harcourt, Calabar, Enugu, Abuja etc) I don't see any big deal about whether it was planned or not planned or why same should not be done in lagos. So quit blabbing about how life is hard without the okada.
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by segzicres(m): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
D ban is a very good move to b honest! But som1 needs to control them police officers. Niggas b acting like dey own d road
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by talktimi(m): 9:45am On Nov 07, 2012
I still maintain that if there are no proper alternative means of transportation like inner city railway lines (subways & monorails), effective marine transportation, reliable and effective standardized bus services. Then the Lagos state govt has no business banning Okada in an ill prepared mega city. Don't deceive yourselves, Lagos is not ready for life without okada.
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by sucess001(m): 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Multitude standing @ bus stops...fashola's vision of a mega city

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by getukudo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2012
talktimi: I still maintain that if there are no proper alternative means of transportation like inner city railway lines (subways & monorails), effective marine transportation, reliable and effective standardized bus services. Then the Lagos state govt has no business banning Okada in an ill prepared mega city. Don't deceive yourselves, Lagos is not ready for life without okada.

You make it sound like 'Lagos is an untouchable city'. Have you been to PH or Calabar? Or are Lagosians different from other people that their case should be different from other states?
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by madejibo: 3:30am On Nov 08, 2012
I stay in this area, yesterday police men numbering about 30 came into our small street and carried away motor cycles belonging to Hausa security men that were parked in front of their houses. Please note that my area is not part of the places that govt banned Okada. They arrested the Mallam selling provisions on my street broke open our second gate of the street and arrested the young man that holds the key. They noticed I was trying to take photographs and they ordered my arrest. I refused to be arrested because I knew I had done nothing wrong. I was beaten up for this but I stood my ground. After a while I was told to go. These police men were led by one Mr. Odumosu. They came in 5 pick up vans, 4 power bikes, wore bullet proof vests, machine guns,war helmets. I have since petitioned Lagos state ministry of justice as I was told at the RRS office that it was Governor Fashola that gave them the order. THIS NONSENSE MUST STOP
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by ODUANEGRO: 6:19am On Nov 08, 2012

This should act as eye opener for Fashola. He is too liberal and if he continues to allow this and allow that, pretty soon the society has no restrictions left in place to protect its people.

Why was okada even allowed to operate as a mode of public transportation to begin with?
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Desola(f): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
sucess001: Multitude standing @ bus stops...fashola's vision of a mega city

I like this site. People waiting patiently for a legally recognised mode of transport.

Well done, Lagosians.
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Desola(f): 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2012
sucess001: Multitude standing @ bus stops...fashola's vision of a mega city

I like this sight. People waiting patiently for a legally recognised mode of transport.

Well done, Lagosians.
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by sucess001(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2012
Desola:

I like this sight. People waiting patiently for a legally recognised mode of transport.

Well done, Lagosians.

lol...many govt apologists on Nairaland...

the point is that they shouldnt have to wait endlessly...buh oh well...some people cant just get the point...
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by buchibabe: 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
madejibo: I stay in this area, yesterday police men numbering about 30 came into our small street and carried away motor cycles belonging to Hausa security men that were parked in front of their houses. Please note that my area is not part of the places that govt banned Okada. They arrested the Mallam selling provisions on my street broke open our second gate of the street and arrested the young man that holds the key. They noticed I was trying to take photographs and they ordered my arrest. I refused to be arrested because I knew I had done nothing wrong. I was beaten up for this but I stood my ground. After a while I was told to go. These police men were led by one Mr. Odumosu. They came in 5 pick up vans, 4 power bikes, wore bullet proof vests, machine guns,war helmets. I have since petitioned Lagos state ministry of justice as I was told at the RRS office that it was Governor Fashola that gave them the order. THIS NONSENSE MUST STOP

Hmmm! Ur lucky dey let u go. If not u won't be alive to be tellin us dis story now. Brutal police force

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels TV Today (Video) / Southern Kaduna: Miyetti Allah Resolves To Make Peace With Neighbours / APC Asks Nigerians To Keep Supporting Buhari Against Boko Haram, UGM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.