Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,296 members, 7,867,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. (1921 Views)

What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady / My Experience With A Young Christian Girl / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
obadiah777: grin grin grin YALL GOT JOKES TODAY

Lets not derail this sweet thread... LWTMB sef! I feel better now; was feeling sleepy before!
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
obadiah777: HE ALREADY KNOW. WHEN I MEET AM HIM GO SABI SAY KHAKI NO BE LEATHER. I COME WITH 10 WELL MUSCLED BRETHRENS TO HOLD HIM DOWN, A NICE JUICY KOBOKO TO FLOG THE LEGION OF DEMONS OUT OF HIM AND THEN A KJV BIBLE TO PUT IN A NEW RESIDENT WHERE THE LEGIONS HAVE VACATED grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
seriallink:

Lets not derail this sweet thread... LWTMB sef! I feel better now; was feeling sleepy before!
TOLD YOU NOT TO DRINK PAMMY IN THE AFTERNOON. BUT ERMM YEAH LETS KEEP THE THREAD ON TRACK

ME PERSONALLY ? I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT HELL IS WHAT THE LORD TURNS STIFF NECKED NATIONS INTO. THE BLACK NATIONS ( ISRAELITES ) ARE CURRENTLY IN HELL. JEWS FIRST AND THEN GENTILES LATER.

PSALMS 9 VS 17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God THE NATIONS ARE WHAT IS TURNED INTO HELL. WE ARE IN HELL NOW. GENTILES ARE IN THEIR SALVATION. WHEN CHRIST RETURNS IS WHEN THE GENTILE NATIONS GET TURNED TO HELL WHILE WE GET RELEASED FROM HELL. HOWEVER ON AN INDIVIDUAL LEVEL, THERE IS JUDGEMENTS TOO.

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by desireexo(f): 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
frosbel:

Wrong, read your bible again !

u should be the one reading your bible dearie, you're a confused individual.

whether you like it or not hell is eternal

read the story of lazarus and the poor begger...i hope you get enlightened before its too late
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by BigBashiru: 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
desiree_xo: frosbel the first thing you should know is that we humans have a choice...there is heaven and there is hell, the choice is ours..u either choose heaven or hell. It is not your obligation to feel sorry for the sinners or those your friends. Dont discriminate if not you'll be like the scribes and pharisees.

treat them well, tell them the truth, if they do not accept, pray to God concerning it, and leave the rest to him. Wiv this God would not hold you accountable for their souls or the good you could have done but didnt..

above all....live an exemplary lifestyle.."let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father who is in heaven".

heaven=eternal bliss
hell=eternal torment and torture forever and ever

No the choice is not ours!!! Please read 1 Peter and New Testament. the read West minster confession and Anglican articles and then just read the Bible. There are over 100 verses showing the choice is not ours - so why do you still continue to lie to your self. Even Paul asked: "Why then do you still find fault" after the doctrine of divine ordainment was given in the Bible. The answer was: "Who are you to reply against God". So please stop saying we have a choice. We dont. The Elect and the elect only are saved and go to heaven. The rest are cursed and go to hell. And make no mistake. Hell is a place of eternal torment for the BIBLE SAYS:

"And the SMOKE of THEIR TORMENT ascendeth up to God forever and ever".

Read your Bibles guys!
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by desireexo(f): 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
BigBashiru:

No the choice is not ours!!! Please read 1 Peter and New Testament. the read West minster confession and Anglican articles and then just read the Bible. There are over 100 verses showing the choice is not ours - so why do you still continue to lie to your self. Even Paul asked: "Why then do you still find fault" after the doctrine of divine ordainment was given in the Bible. The answer was: "Who are you to reply against God". So please stop saying we have a choice. We dont. The Elect and the elect only are saved and go to heaven. The rest are cursed and go to hell. And make no mistake. Hell is a place of eternal torment for the BIBLE SAYS:

"And the SMOKE of THEIR TORMENT ascendeth up to God forever and ever".

Read your Bibles guys!

what are you saying dude u'r confused.. every right thinking christian knows hell is eternal and so is the heaven, the kingdom of God. God never intended to send man to hell, it was originally for lucifer and the other fallen angels read isaiah!!but den man fell..

God has given us a free will

* was it God that instigated eve to eat the forbidden fruit that caused the fall of man?? no! eve had a choice to have stood her ground.

*didn't the peter representing the church at that moment when anannias held back the proceeds from their sold land not ask anannias if that was all, he had a choice to say the truth but he lied and he died instantly. his wife shared the same fate

*the first thing God said to most of those idol worsipping kings of israel in the books of 1kings,secondkings e.t.c is why have you choosen to do this...

*then children of isreal? you wanna tell me they dint have a choice to be steadfast

God doesn't force people to do his will, if he did every mortal being would be a christian!!!

but then, as children of God it is imperative for us through the help of the holyspirit to start by knowing his Goodwill for us then his acceptable will and finally his perfect will for us.

just so you know christ chose to die for us...
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
desiree_xo:

what are you saying dude u'r confused.. every right thinking christian knows hell is eternal and so is the heaven, the kingdom of God. God never intended to send man to hell, it was originally for lucifer and the other fallen angels read isaiah!!but den man fell..

God has given us a free will

* was it God that instigated eve to eat the forbidden fruit that caused the fall of man?? no! eve had a choice to have stood her ground.

*didn't the peter representing the church at that moment when anannias held back the proceeds from their sold land not ask anannias if that was all, he had a choice to say the truth but he lied and he died instantly. his wife shared the same fate

*the first thing God said to most of those idol worsipping kings of israel in the books of 1kings,secondkings e.t.c is why have you choosen to do this...

*then children of isreal? you wanna tell me they dint have a choice to be steadfast

God doesn't force people to do his will, if he did every mortal being would be a christian!!!

but then, as children of God it is imperative for us through the help of the holyspirit to start by knowing his Goodwill for us then his acceptable will and finally his perfect will for us.

just so you know christ chose to die for us...

Stop getting yourself all worked up , Lady.

I was like you till a few months ago when I removed the hat of tradition and churchianity and replaced it with my thinking hat .

Hell is not forever, it might be in your bible , but I can't find it anywhere in my bible !!
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Snowwy: 5:57am On Nov 07, 2012
frosbel:

I was like you till a few months ago when I removed the hat of tradition and churchianity and replaced it with my thinking hat .

Hell is not forever, it might be in your bible , but I can't find it anywhere in my bible !!

Frosbel, let me respond to your comment here and the previous, It is not a matter of obssession but of what is in the bible.

Just like you can never wrap your head around the love, mercy and grace of God, in the same way your 'thinking cap' can never fathom His wrath.

The lake of fire is reserved for the devil and his angels and that is where the full wrath of God will be diplayed.

Your prayer now should be never to depart from God and also win many souls from going there. This is not tradition or churchianity, it is God's word and I expect you to know better.....this is how the descent to aethism starts.

May be you have not read your bible up to here:

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2).

"... the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation"
(John 5:28-29).

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels"
(Matthew 25:41-46)

"The lake of fire is the second death" (Revelation 20:14b)

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Revelation 21:8.)

"And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."
(Revelation 14:11)

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
(Revelation 20:10)

If God could turn his back on His Son who was bearing the sins of the world on the cross due to the devil, you think eternal torment of those who reject this free gift is not real?
You think the lake of fire will not torment those that did not make heaven day and night forever?

May God have mercy on us. His love cannot be fathomed and so is His anger.

@Ijawkid,
It should not be hard to understand all that has been said about the lake of fire by the bible...if explicitly stated and you cannot understand, my words won't make you understand.

This should not even be up for argument.
This should make us know that God has given us a perfect escape from this and we should escape and pull many from going there too.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by ijawkid(m): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2012
Snowwy:

@Ijawkid,
It should not be hard to understand all that has been said about the lake of fire by the bible...if explicitly stated and you cannot understand, my words won't make you understand.

This should not even be up for argument.
This should make us know that God has given us a perfect escape from this and we should escape and pull many from going there too.

My problem with you is that in all the times you quoted from revelation chapter 20 you ignored verses 13 $ 14A that says ""death"" and ""hell"" will also be thrown into the lake of fire where satan,his demons,false prophets,murderers,
whoremongers, sorcerers,
idolaters, and all liars already were.....

Why??.....

That is why I have been asking,::::will ""death"" and ""hell"" also be tormented??

Can ""death"" and ""hell"" in the literal sense be tormented just as you as you are thinking??

I need your answers.......

Let me quote revelation 20:13,14A so that you can read it.........

King James Version (KJV)
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in
it; and death and hell delivered up the dead
which were in them: and they were judged
every man according to their works.
14 And"" death"" and"" hell ""were cast into the lake
of fire...
----------------------

Can death and hell be literally tormented??....

I want you to read through the bible and really find out what will happen to death........

And a little admonition::::

When ever you read the book of revelations always remember to read revelation 1:1 and also let the bible interprete itself........

Thank you.....
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Snowwy: 9:26am On Nov 07, 2012
^^^^
I maintain there is nothing to discuss on this. Our concern should be teh people and not death or hades.

The lake of fire is a place torment for all that will be in it. Death and hell will be cast into it. It is not hard to understand. If you have any contrary view that they will not be tormented then provide, else leave matter.

If Frosbel can say the lake of fire's torment is not eternal despite all the scriptures provided, but rather go with oxford dictionary then I am not surprised at whatever you can say.

I can see all you want is argument and I will not be drawn into it.
If your bible tells you they will not be tormented being in the lake of fire (a place of eternal punishment, contempt, torment) then so be it.
I am done here.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 07, 2012
[quote author=Snowwy]^^^^
I maintain there is nothing to discuss on this. Our concern should be teh people and not death or hades.

What do you mean by this statement ?

The lake of fire is a place torment for all that will be in it. Death and hell will be cast into it. It is not hard to understand. If you have any contrary view that they will not be tormented then provide, else leave matter.

If the lake of fire is a place of everlasting torment, why is death also cast into it , will death also be tortured forever ?

If Frosbel can say the lake of fire's torment is not eternal despite all the scriptures provided, but rather go with oxford dictionary then I am not surprised at whatever you can say

what scriptures have you and your eternal torture team members provided that have not been refuted time and time and time again ?

if your bible tells you they will not be tormented being in the lake of fire (a place of eternal punishment, contempt, torment) then so be it.
I am done here.

Let us know what bible version you read, because I have the KJV, NIV, NLT, NKJV and many others and they never mention a place of endless eternal torment.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2012
[quote author=Snowwy]

Frosbel, let me respond to your comment here and the previous, It is not a matter of obssession but of what is in the bible.

Hell fire is in the bible no doubt, but what we do not have in the bible is a place of eternal , endless torment.

Just like you can never wrap your head around the love, mercy and grace of God, in the same way your 'thinking cap' can never fathom His wrath.

Fear has torment, you seem to be engrossed with the fear of punishment.

Only sinners should be afraid of the wrath of God and even at that , if they repent from their sins , God is willing to forgive their sins. God is not desperate to send people to their eternal damnation in the lake of fire.

The gospel is repent or perish , the gospel is not about HELL.

The lake of fire is reserved for the devil and his angels and that is where the full wrath of God will be diplayed.

And when the bible says that GOD's anger will not last forever , are you saying this is not true ?

Why is God's wrath displayed against sinners, is it not because of their wickedness, yet after his wrath has been fully vented and the wicked destroyed God will no longer be angry.

If we are to believe you and your team members, GOD will be in a perpetual state of anger forever and ever which is not possible.

Even Paul admonished Christians to be angry and sin not and make sure that the sun does not go down on their anger , meaning they should not let their anger continue unabated. If this is the least we can expect from mere humans are we not to expect more from our perfect father who sends his rain on the just and unjust without favouritism ?

You are truly and ignorantly misrepresenting the nature of GOD.

Your prayer now should be never to depart from God and also win many souls from going there. This is not tradition or churchianity, it is God's word and I expect you to know better.....this is how the descent to aethism starts.

You will not win one soul by threatening them with eternal torment.

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 07, 2012
^^^Frosbel, don't mind them; most of them pretend to be good christians today because of the fear of burning in hell endlessly & not because they love GOD!

How can a mortal being live in a burning fire for ever? That is why Jesus used the word 'PERISH' in John 3:16! I wonder why some people misinterpret the word of God! Smh**

And the bible clearly says the wages of sin is death (second death or annihilation - total destruction), I don't know how & why that is not clear enough to some people!

*Smh 4 them*
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by ijawkid(m): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2012
Snowwy: ^^^^

If Frosbel can say the lake of fire's torment is not eternal despite all the scriptures provided, but rather go with oxford dictionary then I am not surprised at whatever you can say.

If your bible tells you they will not be tormented being in the lake of fire (a place of eternal punishment, contempt, torment) then so be it.
I am done here.

My problem is not that the bible didn't mention ""torment"",my problem with you is that you are taking it literally...

That is why I have been asking:::

How can impersonal entities like ""death"" and ""hell"" be literally tormented??....

I want you to read revelations with other books of the bible to get a clearer understanding...I'm not here to argue.....

Revelation already defines what the lake of fire is.....""DEATH"".......

What ever goes inside of that lake of fire ceases to exist,completely killed,destroyed and obliterated.......

One other problem with you is that you think the lake of fire is a place....

The lake of fire isn't a place where people burn,it is rather a SYMBOL of complete destruction...........

That is why death and hades(hell) can be thrown inside.....

Nations,cities and organizations(e.g EDOM,babylon,sodom and gomorrah etc) in the past have experienced The purnishment of eternal fire or torment......

And what really happened to them??

They ceased to exist completely.....they were brougth to nothing....completely wiped out and destroyed,not been literally kept somewhere to burn for eternity...........

Try to understand that immortality is a gift God gives to the faithfuls and not to satan and his cohorts....
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by ijawkid(m): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2012
Snowwy: ^^^^

I am done here.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Kslib(m): 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2012
@frosbel and serialink!! Keep up the good job. I come here time to time and i must say "i do learn alot from you guys".You guys clearly understand the scriptures and have common sense.. Good job guys..
Those of you claiming that those who do not believe in GOD will burn in hell forever and ever are among the group of christians who do no have the brainpower and understanding of the holy spirit to understand GOD's word. Haba,does it even make sense?
So because you refuse to obey GOD,then that same loving GOD who created you will now throw you into a burning fire and make you immortal,then increase the temperature of the fire just to punish you for not believing him..
Please,GOD is not that wicked oh... Is it not better for GOD not to create you,than to create you and burn you in fire for refusing him? Before you were born,it's like you never existed. No memories,no thoughs or whatsoever,so GOD creates you,and gives you the freewill to decide if you want to enoy his glory after your death,or go back to how you were before you were born.. No memories,no thoughts and no existence..
That's why sometimes,i respect atheists more than my fellow xtians cos atheists asks questions, and they reason.. Many xtians think that believing everything will make GOD happy with them. They prefer not to ask questions about GOD even when it bothers them,unfortunately,this mindset is the reason why we have many false preachings today.. They prefer to believe their pastor rather than the bible a..k..a "word of GOD".. They ignore the bible,and think that going to church 7 days a week will make them go to heaven.. Many worship GOD with fear,rather than love..
Many of them dont want to believe this hell concept because they have been hearing another different concept of hell right from childhood. Anyway,i dont blame them. Afterall,we humans are afraid of change,it is completely natural but your ability to accept positive change is what makes you human,and not an animal...
The greatest commandment is love and i see no reason why a christian who believes that GOD is love,will have a mindset that suggests that "GOD will burn people forever".. If it was so,i ask "where is the love?".. The love is the ability of GOD to let you go into non-existence if you don't believe in him,and to give you enternal life if you believe in him.. I think if we really understand the meaning of GOD's love,we will weep and draw more closer to him... @frosbel/seriallink,looking forward to learning more from you guys..

Once again, MAY GOD HELP US ALL AND MAKE US UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF HIS LOVE... Amen.... The problem with most people is that they are too proud to listen to others even when they themselves are wrong. The word of GOD is not a competition. Nobody is perfect,we learn from each other...

3 Likes

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by desireexo(f): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
frosbel:

which thinking hat?? that is the work of the devil trying to deceive you; stop trying to convince yourself otherwise... hell is eternal torment and torture forever and ever...jesus hammered on this issue. God is loving, merciful and all, but you're forgetting the fact that he hates sin and that he punishes sinners.
matthew18:8"And if your hand and feet causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better to for you to enter life(heaven)maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the ETERNAL FIRE".

matthew18:9 "and if your eyes causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away, it is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell fire"

jesus' ministry was all about the kingdom of heaven. that is the whole point of salvation to..

matthew 25:46 "And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life"

also read 1cor5:1-4 and tell me if all these are in your bible or not.

read jhn5:24, 2thessalonians1:9, jude1:7,jude1:12-14 all these scriptures backs up the eternity of hell..u better wake up and stop deceiving urself and others, this is real.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by desireexo(f): 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
frosbel:

which thinking hat?? that is the work of the devil trying to deceive you; stop trying to convince yourself otherwise... hell is eternal torment and torture forever and ever...jesus hammered on this issue. God is loving, merciful and all, but you're forgetting the fact that he hates sin and that he punishes sinners.
matthew18:8"And if your hand and feet causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better to for you to enter life(heaven)maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the ETERNAL FIRE".

matthew18:9 "and if your eyes causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away, it is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell fire"

jesus' ministry was all about the kingdom of heaven. that is the whole point of salvation to..

matthew 25:46 "And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life"

also read 1cor5:1-4 and tell me if all these are in your bible or not.

read jhn5:24, 2thessalonians1:9, jude1:7,jude1:12-14 all these scriptures backs up the eternity of hell..u better wake up and stop deceiving urself and others, this is real.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
[quote author=desiree_xo]

Jesus simply stated the truth when he said the wicked at the end of the age , will be destroyed in the lake of fire.

God is not Stalin or Hitler who tortured millions, God is not SATAN filled with endless anger and hate.

I am not sure what God you are talking about.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
Kslib: @frosbel and serialink!! Keep up the good job. I come here time to time and i must say "i do learn alot from you guys".You guys clearly understand the scriptures and have common sense.. Good job guys..
Those of you claiming that those who do not believe in GOD will burn in hell forever and ever are among the group of christians who do no have the brainpower and understanding of the holy spirit to understand GOD's word. Haba,does it even make sense?
So because you refuse to obey GOD,then that same loving GOD who created you will now throw you into a burning fire and make you immortal,then increase the temperature of the fire just to punish you for not believing him..
Please,GOD is not that wicked oh... Is it not better for GOD not to create you,than to create you and burn you in fire for refusing him? Before you were born,it's like you never existed. No memories,no thoughs or whatsoever,so GOD creates you,and gives you the freewill to decide if you want to enjoy his glory after your death,or go back to how you were before you were born.. No memories,no thoughts and no existence..
That's why sometimes,i respect atheists more than my fellow xtians cos atheists asks questions, and they reason.. Many xtians think that believing everything will make GOD happy with them. They prefer not to ask questions about GOD even when it bothers them,unfortunately,this mindset is the reason why we have many false preachings today.. They prefer to believe their pastor rather than the bible a..k..a "word of GOD".. They ignore the bible,and think that going to church 7 days a week will make them go to heaven.. Many worship GOD with fear,rather than love..
Many of them dont want to believe this hell concept because they have been hearing another different concept of hell right from childhood. Anyway,i dont blame them. Afterall,we humans are afraid of change,it is completely natural but your ability to accept positive change is what makes you human,and not an animal...
The greatest commandment is love and i see no reason why a christian who believes that GOD is love,will have a mindset that suggests that "GOD will burn people forever".. If it was so,i ask "where is the love?".. The love is the ability of GOD to let you go into non-existence if you don't believe in him,and to give you enternal life if you believe in him.. I think if we really understand the meaning of GOD's love,we will weep and draw more closer to him... @frosbel/seriallink,looking forward to learning more from you guys..

Once again, MAY GOD HELP US ALL AND MAKE US UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF HIS LOVE... Amen.... The problem with most people is that they are too proud to listen to others even when they themselves are wrong. The word of GOD is not a competition. Nobody is perfect,we learn from each other...

Bro, thanks for what you put up there. A lot of Christians don't understand these things because they were taught that way from childhood, that's why you see them pretending to be serving God just for the fear of being roasted alive for eternity; but in the real sense they do not love God.

Infact, when some of them get tired of these threats & man made doctrines of being burned alive, they turn to atheism & say fùck it!

That's just it my bro. I'm glad you had the wisdom to understand it. Stay blessed!

Peace!

2 Likes

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
seriallink:

Bro, thanks for what you put up there. A lot Christians don't understand these things because they were taught that way from childhood, that's why you see them pretending to be serving God just for the fear of being roasted alive for eternity; but in the real sense they do not love God.

Infact, when some of them get tired of these threats & man made doctrines of being burned alive, they turn to atheism & say fùck it!

That's just it my bro. I'm glad you have the wisdom to understand it. Stay blessed!

Peace!

I agree !

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Kslib(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
Kai,now i really understand that only a spiritual genuis gifted with the understanding of the holy spirit can decipher the hidden meanings in the bible.. If the bible were to be taken literal completely,,then i believe there will be no need for the holy spirit to give us understanding... Ever wondered why someone with an iQ of 200 still cant understand the bible?? You know the answer.
GOD please send your holy spirit to give me understanding.. Amen.. The bible saYS "FOR MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE"...

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Kslib(m): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
seriallink:

Bro, thanks for what you put up there. A lot of Christians don't understand these things because they were taught that way from childhood, that's why you see them pretending to be serving God just for the fear of being roasted alive for eternity; but in the real sense they do not love God.

That's just it my bro. I'm glad you had the wisdom to understand it. Stay blessed!

Peace!
God bless you..Exactly.. What's the point of serving GOD,if you do it in fear.. If humans naturally dont perform well under pressure,then why should the case of GOD be different?

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
Kslib:
God bless you..Exactly.. What's the point of serving GOD,if you do it in fear.. If humans naturally dont perform well under pressure,then why should the case of GOD be different?

Heck, some of these people will question God like Jonah did, if He doesn't keep all sinners burning alive for eternity. Some grew up with this sadism in their hearts, that's why it's difficult for them to win souls, because instead of preaching the love of God, they preach the doctrine of roasting people alive in hell for eternity, when the scripture clearly says 'the wages of sin is death' (2nd death, total destruction & annihilation)!

All sinners will perish (John 3:16), that just it! Nothing like roasting alive in the lake of fire for eternity. Shikena
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by desireexo(f): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
keep deceiving yourself about the fact that hell is not gonna be eternal..a word is enough for the wise. jesus christ laid emphasis on it. read the book of matthew,jude1:7, revelations,1cor, all these books give you solid details undecided
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2012
desiree_xo: keep deceiving yourself about the fact that hell is not gonna be eternal..a word is enough for the wise. jesus christ laid emphasis on it. read the book of matthew,jude1:7, revelations,1cor, all these books give you solid details undecided

Jesus's emphasis was on the Kingdom of GOD.

Read Matthew 5.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
seriallink:

Heck, some of these people will question God like Jonah did, if He doesn't keep all sinners burning alive for eternity. Some grew up with this sadism in their hearts, that's why it's difficult for them to win souls, because instead of preaching the love of God, they preach the doctrine of roasting people alive in hell for eternity, when the scripture clearly says 'the wages of sin is death' (2nd death, total destruction & annihilation)!

All sinners will perish (John 3:16), that just it! Nothing like roasting alive in the lake of fire for eternity. Shikena

How a person can even begin to agree that human beings will be burnt up to 10,000 degrees with liquid sulphur forever and ever and ever and ever is quite scary.

Who are these people that believe this nonsense ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is This Allah ? Is Allah The God Of The Bible?? / I Am Not 4evergod: Emmanystone And Spectacular Are / Celestial Church Of Christ @ 70 (luli Concert)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.