Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Standard Cyber Cafe Quotation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Standard Cyber Cafe Quotation (2184 Views)

Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker / Problems Of Cyber-cafe Computers (And Solutions) / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Standard Cyber Cafe Quotation by brightk(m): 10:54am On Nov 06, 2012
please i would like to know if MTN hynet is available in Ikeja as i plan to open up a 10 system cybercafe...

An engineer gave me a quotation for a standard setup. please find attached herewith the word document.

please share your review about this quotation..

Re: Standard Cyber Cafe Quotation by tunde300us(m): 2:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
I think depending on what you asked for this is not too much,considering that you want a wireless system in your cafe,it will cost you some more to setup and later you might be able to make it back.But i think the server is a little bit expensive
Re: Standard Cyber Cafe Quotation by Chikebrain: 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2012
I believe the prices are ok although he added some small figures to the actual amount (Man must chop). From the quotation its like you want to have a wireless hotspot from where network could be shared wireless. The ball is in your cot. Cut down cost by discarding the wireless hotspot first. Start with the LAN before upgrading to wireless. You could share networks wirelessly at close range using connectify.
Thanks
Re: Standard Cyber Cafe Quotation by brightk(m): 6:32am On Nov 07, 2012
i was thinking about yah-click but dont know about their current pricing as i intend going for the 50GB plan. y allowing customers 2 download in d early hours of d day as this is excluded from d data plan. but the ka band is still a bone of contention. we all know the bad side of ka band (weather).

Is MTN hynet available in ikeja or generally what are the coverage areas in lagos..
Re: Standard Cyber Cafe Quotation by Chikebrain: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2012
I don't reside in Lagos so i really dont know the coverage of MTN hynet. The idea behind cyber cafes present existence is the fact that you wont be throttled down i.e unlimited downloads for the period of time paid for. I'll suggest that you get the Hynet (depending on the availability in your area of choice) and a backup. I once shared network to my computer Lab where i work using MTN BIS and sandwich for about 30 desktop and they were extremely fast and has even been used to write international exams like TOEFL and CGFNS in my office and it was fast. I'll advise that you use this as a backup.
I'll be currently configuring a friends mini cafe with it.
You could mail me on chike.louis@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Re: Standard Cyber Cafe Quotation by samfibby(m): 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
Price quote is fair enough
Re: Standard Cyber Cafe Quotation by ukachimo: 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
Good, unless you want to do it yourself, then you can eliminate the markup, which l think is fair.

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Or Macbook Air / Let Me Show You How To Use Nokia As Modem To Pc Here [EDITED] / FRESH USA USED CORE I7 HP PAVILION AVAILABLE FOR SALE -SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.