Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,470 members, 7,826,786 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? (21335 Views)

The Fraud In Slot Limited / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nkemika(f): 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
Is it just me or does it mean that our very own \slot have lost their glorified image of delivering quality phones.

I am beginning to think that their phones never last, or whether they re-package phones from the road side to sell. Base on personal experience after purchasing a brand new phone barely one month, it suddenly packed up. At first, i thought it was a joke maybe the battery went flat, i could not believe my eyes, i decided to take the phone to their island branch but without the receipt i was not attended to. Finally, i was advised to take it to ikeja since ikeja was their service center, tro and fro i spent all my money trying to get to the bottom of the matter, customer care not helpful, people were strolling in and out with one complaint or the other about purchasing either new phones or computers and having same power issue, here i was thinking that the best place to purchase good quality phones was slot or does it mean that those who buy the second hand phones are on a safer side because, it was barely one month, though they claimed it has only one month warranty and it was easier for them to push me at a corner since i could not find my receipt. Despite tight schedule at work i still managed to give one excuse or the other, island to ikeja trying to know how far with phone that have been in their custody for two weeks, only to be told it was a bud issue and would be fixed instead of replaced entirely,

i do not mind fixing the phone if it had stayed with me 3 month or 6 months but for a phone barely one month, i was just disappointed sha, i was told to find the receipt that alone would make things easier, as i prayed silently to God in my heart and got lucky, i later found where i kept the receipt, only to be given another receipt that, it was not a factory fault and the bud will be replaced. nawa sha, I leave the matter to them and God, only God knows if this is a new way to defraud someone as i no get power to fight like mad person.

So share your own view, any bad experience as regards newly purchased phones or items? sad
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by TheMatrix3: 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
hehehehehehehe.... and I almost commented o! cheesy
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by glassman: 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
Already on d Front page even wt no comment..o ga O
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by ochukoccna: 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
I purchased a phone [Samsung Chat 322] as a gift sometimes in January & haven't heard any issues regarding it from the user.
Never the less, I've heard from the grapevine that ,SLOT sells off refurbished phones as new& is involved is several underhand deals on high end phones embarassed embarassed
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
Nkemika: Is it just me or does it mean that our very own \slot have lost their glorified image of delivering quality phones.

I am beginning to think that their phones never last, or whether they re-package phones from the road side to sell. Base on personal experience after purchasing a brand new phone barely one month, it suddenly packed up. At first, i thought it was a joke maybe the battery went flat, i could not believe my eyes, i decided to take the phone to their island branch but without the receipt i was not attended to. Finally, i was advised to take it to ikeja since ikeja was their service center, tro and fro i spent all my money trying to get to the bottom of the matter, customer care not helpful, people were strolling in and out with one complaint or the other about purchasing either new phones or computers and having same power issue, here i was thinking that the best place to purchase good quality phones was slot or does it mean that those who buy the second hand phones are on a safer side because, it was barely one month, though they claimed it has only one month warranty and it was easier for them to push me at a corner since i could not find my receipt. Despite tight schedule at work i still managed to give one excuse or the other, island to ikeja trying to know how far with phone that have been in their custody for two weeks, only to be told it was a bud issue and would be fixed instead of replaced entirely,

i do not mind fixing the phone if it had stayed with me 3 month or 6 months but for a phone barely one month, i was just disappointed sha, i was told to find the receipt that alone would make things easier, as i prayed silently to God in my heart and got lucky, i later found where i kept the receipt, only to be given another receipt that,it was not a factory fault and the bud will be replaced. nawa sha, I leave the matter to them and God, only God knows if this is a new way to defraud someone as i no get power to fight like mad person.

So share your own view, any bad experience as regards newly purchased phones or items? sad

i dont get ur point. do u expect any shop to repair ur new phone for u without showing receipt dat u bought from them And wen u brought d receipt, didnt they attend to u? I really dont know any shop in NAIJA, dat will sell a fone to u and after a month (even a week sef), they will change it if theres a fault. the best they offer is to repair it for u or replace d faulty part. that's my own opinion ooo.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Ndoz(m): 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2012
5th wink
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Meklex(m): 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2012
6th to comment. God u aRe so wondaful

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by BashMe1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
Dis Madness has got to stop... Mumu jes full here wey dey find to comment first

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by iamswizz(m): 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
Meklex: 6th to comment. God u aRe so wondaful
mumu grin

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by LadyWinona: 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
I bought my BB 9800 from there cos I was told that they are the no 1 distributors. Got the shock of my life when the body work started peeling off. It's really embarrassing and yeah, I think it's time we become cautious of what we buy from them. They might ve been the best but now, I sense a fall of values.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by yuzedo: 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
LMFAO! grin grin grin grin grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by pappy2000: 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
tumababa:

i dont get ur point. do u expect any shop to repair ur new phone for u without showing receipt dat u bought from them And wen u brought d receipt, didnt they attend to u? I really dont know any shop in NAIJA, dat will sell a fone to u and after a month (even a week sef), they will change it if theres a fault. the best they offer is to repair it for u or replace d faulty part. that's my own opinion ooo.
If a phone faulty within the warranty period the standard pratice is to chane the peoduct or you get a refund,because our traders don't believe that any money that enter their hand cannot be collected and that is where the african mentality sucks. I think the op should try and contact the consumer protection council but I doubt if they can do much. I think we need to have such law in place that if you buy something and you return it within the warranty and even if the product is working properly you have the right to refund

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by opeoluwa2(f): 1:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
thank u for bringing this to the front page, a lot of complains has been going on abt slot but there is no authority to report to.
My family friend bout a brand new blackberry bold 5 and within few days it started developing fault.
I didn't know how he finally resolved it but it happened this year.
And that made me not to buy my nokia asha from slot when I wanted it buy one.
I think they ve brought the "nigeria factor" into their business.And people should take note.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by obinna222: 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
SLOT is rubbish. They sell fake phones and they lack customer care. This is based on my own experience.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
I haven't got a device there before.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by gbolex(m): 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
I bought a Nokia E6 from Slot about 9months ago and the mouth piece has stopped working.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Cupidkc(m): 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
I dont know hw reliable phones gotten from slots are. But all i do knw is dt wn a month old phone with warranty breaks dwn;i will demand for repair or swap wit another.
I have changed a phone i bought with a new one, in less than 3mths of purchase. Well thats in nokia shop.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Andrew3(m): 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
yes that slut is rubbish grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
From experience, I know SLOT seLls the best quality fones & their customer service, though not excellent, is still the best amomng their peers. I've bought several phones for myself & others & the worst place to buy a fone in computer village is "affordables". They package stolen phones as new ones + fake accessories. You get a price cut though but someone from somwhere pings you after 2 days saying the phone was stolen.
Several experiences. I just hope someone takes them up someday.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by OmichaelO: 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
why not take the faulty phone to its care centre (nokia care,samsung etc)instead of slot.even though i do not buy phone from them,besides i don't think it is advicable to let the phone with slot to repair it herself 'cause you will void your warranty
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by nikkyshyne(f): 2:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
There is this phone shop opposite slot at Ikeja. I think they are cool. I can't remember the name now. I bought a touch screen nokia for my dad some months back at slot and it developed fault barely 6 months of usage.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by maclatunji: 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
I bought a Samsung SGH E250 from Slot in 2009. The consensus before the phone started developing problems in late 2010 was that I had extracted much value from it. The phone still works with a few defects.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by eastman11: 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
Nkemika: Is it just me or does it mean that our very own \slot have lost their glorified image of delivering quality phones.

i do not mind fixing the phone if it had stayed with me 3 month or 6 months but for a phone barely one month, i was just disappointed sha, i was told to find the receipt that alone would make things easier, as i prayed silently to God in my heart and got lucky, i later found where i kept the receipt, only to be given another receipt that, it was not a factory fault and the bud will be replaced. nawa sha, I leave the matter to them and God, only God knows if this is a new way to defraud someone as i no get power to fight like mad person.

Some people come to this forum to vomit all kind of rubbish just to settle personal scores or to run down people and their businesses. You have used a phone for a couple of weeks and wants them to change it to a new one without any proof that you bought it from them. Again some of us do not know how to use gadgets, some people give their phones to their children for them to play with hoping that Slot will give them new one once it's damaged.

Slot is the largest phone seller in this country and what made them big is because they sell genuine products. In the past 2yrs i have bought about 10 smart phone from them mostly as gift to others and for my personal use and i have no complain. If a phone worked properly for one month before having issues then look inwards you may have misused the phone and caused the fault.

No de come hia de yan trash.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by PalmTree(m): 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ndoz: 5th wink

Who is this clown? Do you people now get paid for posting your comments first? All this I'm first,I'm second stuff is bullshit abeg! Please just post a comment if you have something reasonable or better still read up the thread and move on. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Itoroetti(m): 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
Una don discourage me from buying my curve7 there.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
yes the sell refurbished phones to UN known customer s. I wanted to buy a Samsung phone there and the Samsung representative guy I asked to confirmed it that they have to be there so that they can monitor their product because of cases that slot has created for them.and that they are doing their secret investigation. report to the Samsung if you bought heir product there. they are just criminals. I pre fare micro station
for now
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by eyzeberg: 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
This is d fifth device I got from slot n they are very good. Not regrets please.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by dasdexter(m): 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
guys its not only slot, game as well @ shoprite lekkki dose guys are damn bastards, me & me sis bought an lg touchscreen hometheatre 2month afta d damn speakers stopped workin its jst too annoyin dat outlet we think are trustworthy is jst worst dan dose dudes in comp ville bastard slot & game
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Bobajo(m): 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
SLOT is totally useless actually. I bought a Curve 4 in May 2012. It stopped working after 7 days. 6 and half month down the line, all i hear is triple bullshit. I even reported the matter at the V/I outlet cos thats meant to be HQ or something. The main guy there made calls tire. For where. I have asked the contact guy at the Igbo Efon shop if what i am being told is 'you have dashed SLOT N46,500', the guy just keeps quiet. It is the most annoying thing. I have instructed a lawyer to write them. I am gonna sue them for selling phones that are not fit for the purpose. It doesnt matter how long it takes, i will pursue the court case.

Thinking about it is even raising my BP again. Bare faced robbery and Bare faced robbers. Total rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Jolaone: 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
I bought a Nokia phone from slot, got home and charged it fully. Meanwhile i was convinced by one of the members of staff that i should install anti-virus and in the process of installation , the battery that came with my phone was changed. Now i cannot use the phone for 2days without having to charge it.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by tiwasiaife(m): 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
I bought nokia fone frm slot at eket bt no receipt no usB cord could it be a traditn wit them.
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2012

Are u sharing testimony or you got high on something

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom A2 And A+: Which Is Better? / The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. / Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.