Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,366 members, 7,954,485 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:07 PM

Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? (16523 Views)

What Are You Going To Do Differently In The Month Of March? / What Would You Do Differently If The Hand Of Clock Was Turned Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by PrinceJoe1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]deepsoul.
you can definitely have a wedding with less than 50guests.i did

How? In Nigeria?
Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by tiebe: 10:42am On Jan 20, 2013
lola.luv:
Op, this is a good avenue for learning.

I'm not hitched but I learnt from a wedding I attended that a bride should get professional vendors by herself and not leave other people in charge of important things like the photography.
Someone said his contribution to the couple was a photographer. The photographer ended up managing 'film' throughout the wedding.
'E jor, take the brides snapshot', her dressers would beg as they dressed her.

'Ko si film o. Mi o le waste film', the photographer would mutter petulantly.

Imagine such nonsense happening in this world of digital photography we live in!
Today, she has still not gotten her wedding pics. It's almost 2 years after....

The bride's friend that did her makeup seemed to have the singular objective of making her look bad. See piles of poorly applied makeup on the poor bride's face. The 'makeup artist' also screamt at the bride as she did the makeup. Smh! Even if it's the last thing you do, keep frenemies far away from you on your big day!
The caterer sef, na another story.

Please, get professionals to give quality service.

almost collapsed laughing at this!
Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by ekababy1(f): 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
eyzeberg: I would have planned everythi ;Dng to be a single day event.engagement n trad early in d morning, church n reception after. Dem chop my money. Be wise.
i av decided †̥☺ beat some people 2 deir own game,dat feels dey will leave deir homes n come finish my food,cos d trad n white wedn will ßε̲̣̣̣̥ done the same day n b4 2pm d reception is all ova grin
Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by Nma28(f): 10:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
1. Should have gone for a batter DJ than the cheap one we used, dat did not know to select songs. 2. The over priced photographer left eariler saying that we agreed 8hrs coverage....I mean who does that? Infact de photos cameout too dark...I should hv used the vedio guy who even took some pics for free for the CD cover and gave them to us. 3. One person to do cake, foods and chops.if not for my mum, things would have gone too wrong here. 3. In all get a planner to handle ur stuff, it pays.
Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by favoredgal: 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2013
I wouldnt have used a venue that locked me in for food and drinks, because they ended up not being to handle it, they had only 2 serving points instead of 4, because it made the serving slow, the menu was a far cry from what we agreed and even what we tasted and the waiters were short, the drinks were hot. Meanwhile we paid 1k6 per plate.
With hindsight, I would have used 2 or 3 caterers just to ensure things were fast moving
Id bought my dress from Nigeria, while my maggie sotterro (1,400dollars) was beautiful, I feel idv gotten something nice for half the price
Used a different MC, the one I used was dry and unable to engage the crowd.

But its all gone now and I am happy, cuz I was very happy that day and had fun to the tilt, the pictures were also very nice
Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by Nobody: 8:25am On May 13, 2013
Chitos: * I regret allowing my sister-in-law and her hubby to be 'D SPONSORS' @ my Catholic/Church Wedding. * Two years after my wedding, she confronted me by expressing her bitterness of total hatred for IJEBU people. She later threatened to send me back to my father's house. *Thank God for His Mercies and for His Wisdom over my husband. I don't have any regret marrying an Igbo Man.

I seriously and honestly pity the ediot that would try this nonsense with me and my own family.
I would also especially pity her the day she comes to attempt to physically remove my wife from my home.
This would be like that thread where that fella used koboko to flog and pursue his meddling sister from his house. Some women are foolish.
Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by Yvete(f): 6:40pm On May 24, 2013
Wow! I've learned so much from this thread. I called my FI to come read all the comments and he said "Frugality is in. Nobody wants to be people-pleasers no more". Seems like most people regret quite a lot. Well, garnered here is that {venue, food, music and decor} are top priorities, and we can go cheap on all others. Our budget was a lil much. It's so hard to pull off a wedding in Nigeria with a definite list of the exact number of people I want. Started a budget re-calculating/eliminating process...

@ Baby4u2: Nicely written. Read your comment over & over. We need to be smart with this.
Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by kpolli(m): 6:44pm On May 24, 2013
Yvete: Wow! I've learned so much from this thread. I called my FI to come read all the comments and he said "Frugality is in. Nobody wants to be people-pleasers no more.". The important information garnered here is that {venue, food, music and decor} are top priorities, and we can go cheap on all others.

Our budget was 3.3M. It's so hard to pull off a wedding in Nigeria with a definite list of exactly the number of people I want. Now we decided to cut out traditional marriage, just an in-house introduction/pre-wedding party on Thursday night. No selling clothes/uniform. Then a white wedding on Saturday. We can only spend 3 weeks in Nigeria.

@ Baby4u2: Nicely written. Read your comment over & over. We need to be smart with this.

Madam dey do wedding and no involve in law.... I have lost my place to nice4life cry cry cry cry
Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by Yvete(f): 6:45pm On May 24, 2013
kpolli: Madam dey do wedding and no involve in law.... I have lost my place to nice4life cry cry cry cry

Uncle ... You know I'm forever loyal. Hehehee
Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by Closetoheart: 9:52am On Dec 24, 2013
timbros: Hmmm now let see, what should i have done differently...

* I should have listened to wifey to hire an emcee instead of using my friend who volunteered to do it for free. sad

uhmmm what again? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

My wedding was a wonderful one. Small wedding (just 100 cards shared) but boy, we had a blast! DJ was so awesome, nobody gree go again...even me that doesnt know how to dance danced sotey my suit was soaked all over with "heat" lol...

Come March, my anniversary will still be the same way!

Please give me the contact of the DJ you used.
Re: Wedding Mistakes ~ What Would You Have Done Differently? by OsbornTyler7: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2022
Japanese brides are beautiful, intelligent, and family-oriented. They are hard-working and willing to give much for their family. This makes them ideal wives. However, many western men find it difficult to understand Japanese women. Fortunately, foreign men can still meet and marry Japanese women via reliable mail order bride

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Party/Owambe Are You Attending Today? / Girls Go Wild And Allow Guys Touch Their Boobs At A Festival In Spain18+ / LIVE PICTURES FROM TECNO SPARK MEGA PARTY IN LAGOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.