Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! (7183 Views)

Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar / Unauthorised Bank Charges: How To Complain To The CBN (Very Simple) / CBN Returns N5bn Illegal Bank Charges To Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! by abujabooks(f): 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2008
@All,

I spoke to the Relationship Managers of 4 Banks (Access, Diamond, UBA and First Inland) regarding their charges for accounts for Nigerians Abroad.

Please, check out the list below. If you bank with UBA, you are wasting your hard earned money. Personally, I am going to close my NRN Current Account with UBA. I will stick with Access Bank and First Inland Bank. Sha, na me be dat!

Email or Call your Relationship Manager to confirm.

DIAMOND ACCOUNT

No charges for cheque deposit into your naira a/c unless more than N200,000. Charge of 3.50/thousand.

No charge for cheque deposited into the domiciliary account.

No charge for online transfer into another account with Diamond Bank.

Charge for online transfer from Diamond Bank to another Bank.-flat fee of N2000 & 0.01% of the amt to be transferred.

There is 1% COT on any amount to be withdrawned from a Diamond Reach account.

ACCESS ACCOUNT

No charges attached to our savings account.

Charge N20 when you make online transfer to a third party account from Savings Account.

No charges when you make online transfers to other access accounts from Savings Account.

No charges when cash or cheque deposit is made into your Current account.

Charge N5 on every N1,000 you withdraw from your naira account.

Charged 1% of the amount you are withdrawing if in foreign currency.

No charges when you make transfers into your current account from the UK.

Charged N20 when you make online transfer to a third party account from Current A/C.

No charged when you make online transfers to other access accounts from Current A/C.

No charges for monthly maintenance.

UBA ACCOUNT

Charges on current account include C.O.T which is N5.00 per 1000

Current account - monthly maintenance charge of N105.00.

Charges when UBA Staff transfers money from my account into the UBA Stockbrokers's account? COT N5 per 1000 is taken at the end of the month.

* Charges when cash or cheque deposit is paid into my current account - If it is a clearing chq, NACS charges are taken, it is system imputed, system takes the charges, it is not fixed as this depends on the amount on the cheque.

* Charges when cash or cheque deposit is paid into my savings account - Cheques are not allowed into saving account; but if it must be paid, customer must provide two referees.

* Charges when I withdraw from my current account - COT N5 per 1000 is taken at the end of the month.
* Charges when I deposit cash in my current account - COT N5 per 1000 is taken at the end of the month.

* No charges when I withdraw from my savings account

* Charges when I make transfers into my current & savings account from the UK -You can make transfers from your UK account to your savings/current account via UBAREMIT. The charges are on the site <http://www.ubaremit.com/> www.ubaremit.com

* Charges when I make online transfer from my current account to a third party account - N200 (On UBADIRECT)

* Charges when I make online transfers to other UBA accounts - N200 per transfers

FIRST INLAND BANK

No charges for deposits into Domiciliary, Current and Savings Account.

Charges for cash withdrawal over the counter for domiciliary account – 1% flat fee.

Charges for withdrawal from Current Account – N5 per N1000.

No charges for withdrawal from Savings Account.

No charges for Online banking from my account into another of my account in First Inland.

No charges for Online Banking from my account into 3rd party First Inland Bank account.

Charges for Online Banking from my account into 3rd party Non-First Inland Bank account – N250 flat fee and limited to N200,000 per transfer.
Re: Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! by DisGuy: 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2008
Thank you thank you thank you

I wonder why they don't make this available on their website
hopefully we get more comprehensive charge details for other bank GTB, FirstBank, and Oceanic so we can have something like the money supermarket
Re: Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! by naijaking1: 12:40am On Feb 01, 2008
This is one of the best posts on n/l ever, good research, well informed, and to the point. Very useful.
Re: Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! by abujabooks(f): 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Dis Guy & @Naijaking

Thanks. My contribution.
Re: Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! by bjluv: 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2008
This is great info! Now what account can access open for naija people abroad? I think I will have to contact them on Monday as I am having loads of problems with these banks.
Re: Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! by DisGuy: 4:14am On Feb 09, 2008
bjluv:

This is great info! Now what account can access open for naija people abroad? I think I will have to contact them on Monday as I am having loads of problems with these banks.

not only you man, seems they are short staffed or the staffs they have don't even know their products undecided

uba charge for everything!! they even charge you for paying money into your account shocked
Re: Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! by Etin(f): 1:39am On Feb 10, 2008
@ Poster

Thanks for the information. Does Access Bank and First Inland Bank actually have a Non Resident nigeria account or product? I can not seem to find any details on their site. If you are refering to their Domicilary Account then we are not really comparing like terms.
Re: Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! by waleab: 1:53am On Feb 10, 2008
madam. thanks for a job well done. pls answer this question

@abujabooks, useful info. thanks. what's the nameof the access bank account you referred to?

are you an agent or something like that?
Re: Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! by bjluv: 1:56am On Feb 13, 2008
Heard Access Bank is a good bank though cheesy
Re: Compare Bank Charges For Nigerians Abroad! by Techmallz: 6:01am On Oct 09, 2018
Are you looking for a good travel insurance? Here are tips why you need travel insurance
https://cardsolves.com/8-reasons-you-should-buy-travel-insurance/

(1) (Reply)

Tips On Becoming A Successful Freelancer In 2018 / What Lucrative Business Can I Start In Asaba Delta State / Do you have a cab Brekete Family Taxi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.