Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela (6255 Views)

Emenike, Nsofor, Ameobi Return For Super-Eagles / Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 / Etim Slams Mikel, Martins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by 9999(m): 11:03am On Nov 08, 2012
Chil Out Guys, That's Why Its Called a Friendly Match...Arsene Wenger Got His First French Call-Up at 31...Let's See What Shola Can Do Before We Condemn

1 Like

Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by honeric01(m): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2012
9999: Chil Out Guys, That's Why Its Called a Friendly Match...Arsene Wenger Got His First French Call-Up at 31...Let's See What Shola Can Do Before We Condemn

His calling up is to what end exactly?
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by Lordave: 11:25am On Nov 08, 2012
slimzme:
Where were you when Osaze said he won't play for Nigeria anymore?this is just a friendly match to test some players who can still be relevant to the team.Did u knw the basis for the selection?did u bother to find out if some of the Mentioned players and Teams are available for friendlies on that date or u fink dey don't hav ada tins to do abi?instead u just sit in ur Fada's house,waiting for moderators to post,so u can keep urself busy by critisizing.I don't blame u sha!!!!don't bother watching the match,ok, after all they are not playing it for ur pathetic sake!!!NITWIT
abeg wetin I do this shmuck wey make am quote me 3 times? On what basis should a player of that age be giving a call up, knowing fully well dat he's an African and certainly he is lying about his age? His younger brother would have been a better option regarding his age. Why u are so stewpid is cuz u ignored the most biting part of ma post and foolishly picked to pieces on an irrelevant one. Perhaps that's why your existence is irrelevant. ALOMO!
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by Jarus(m): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2012
We have too many options in forward:

1, Ameobi
2, Martins
3, Ideye
4, Musa
5, Moses
6, Emenike
7, Ejike
8, Ik Uche
9, Osaze

And maximum of 6 will make it to Nations. I see major casualty.

Not to talk of others that are also doing fine but may not make the team, like:

10, Uche Nwofor
11, Ekhigo Ehiosun
12, Uche Kalu
13, Kalu Uche
14, Yakubu sef
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by sahyd1(m): 11:59am On Nov 08, 2012
Y pple r complaining of Shola Ameobi's age. Can somebody tell me the real age not the official age of Mikel Obi, Osase, Taye Taiwo and Uche brodas?
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by aminho(m): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
why they never call Ahmed musa 7 wetin happn?
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
Apam no longer plays 4 Nice, he is now wit Stade Rennes.
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by chinedum13(m): 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2012
youngbo$$:
Of the trio i think na only Mikel make sense, the other 2 na old legs
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by chinedum13(m): 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
Jarus: We have too many options in forward:
1,ike uche
2,osaze peter
3,martines
4,emenike
etc
And maximum of 6 will make it to Nations. I see major casualty.

Not to talk of others that are also doing fine but may not make the team, like:

10, Uche Nwofor
11, Ekhigo Ehiosun
12, Uche Kalu
13, Kalu Uche
14, Yakubu sef
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by chinedum13(m): 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
[anonymous]
guy look like you drank alomo bitter how dare you place all time Nigerian best strike(KALU UCHE)among the weed angry angry angry
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by Kgdavid(m): 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
Lordave: Oh Lord! Why not Sammy. What do we need that grandpa for? No Joel no Obiora none of the Uche brothers, and we are playing Venezuela a low and poorly ranked team. What happened to Spain, Germany, Netherland etc?

this is international football guy, the country can use Ameobi for only one tournament and forget about him, wat do we stand to lose?? a player of his experience will help the younger ones. secondly think about your statement well enough...if Nigeria is too good to be playing Venezuela then Spain, Germany, Netherlands are surely way too good to be playing Nigeria??

2 Likes

Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by paulex: 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2012
slimzme:
Where were you when Osaze said he won't play for Nigeria anymore?this is just a friendly match to test some players who can still be relevant to the team.Did u knw the basis for the selection?did u bother to find out if some of the Mentioned players and Teams are available for friendlies on that date?instead u just sit in ur Fada's house,waiting for moderators to post,so u can keep urself busy by critisizing.I don't blame u sha!!!!don't bother watching the match,ok!!!NITWIT

You are very senseless o! Na ‎​Ūя̲̅ yansh U̶̲̥̅̊ tak dey think? I dey shame 4 u
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by Dsage1: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2012
Why Keshi no invite bros YAKUBU?
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by Lordave: 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
Kgdavid:

this is international football guy, the country can use Ameobi for only one tournament and forget about him, wat do we stand to lose?? a player of his experience will help the younger ones. secondly think about your statement well enough...if Nigeria is too good to be playing Venezuela then Spain, Germany, Netherlands are surely way too good to be playing Nigeria??
you make sense though, but we are supposed to be keen on developing our young talents. Ameobi is quite a good and experienced player, nevertheless he hasn't been handed an England cap. what I'm trying to insinuate is that Ameobi seems to be an outdated player and the call up should had been handed to his younger brother Sammy who apparently is on top flight rather than Sola who has not up to 3 more years of active football. I got your point shaa.
Re: Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela by Posman(m): 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
these same pple condemning Ameobi's invite wil b thesame pple praisin him if he gets to score the winning goal or performs well, lets not judge Keshi's selection, this is nt the team hes taking to AFCON nah! its a friendly game.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yusuf: I Thank God, NFF For My Recall To Super Eagles, Set To Assist Rohr / Super Falcons Are Out Of The Olympics / 2009 Champions League Quarter Final Draw: Prons and Cons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.