Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 (51428 Views)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Congo Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (0 - 2) ON 15th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nigeria's Super Eagles will take on their Venezuelan counterparts in an international FIFA 'grade A' friendly match in Miami, USA. The Super eagles will use the upcoming match to try out some new players and tactical formations in readiness for the 2013 Africa Cup Of Nations, while the Venezuelans will use the match to prepare for their next 2014 World Cup qualifiers.

Nigeria's team comprises 11 home-based players and 9 foreign based players. Notable absentees include Chelsea FC duo of Mikel Obi and Victor Moses and Rennes defender Onyekachi Apam; who sought permission from Coach Stephen Keshi to be excused from the encounter. Portland Timbers' Bright Dike has been called up as a replacement for Mikel. Dike scored 5 goals in 12 appearances for the MLS side last season.

Ticket sales range from $20-$200.

Venue: Marlins Park, Miami, Florida (USA)

Fun fact: This match will be the first ever soccer match played at this venue. Marlins Park is a baseball field.

1 Like

Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
why do we always play friendly with south and north americans...expecially dis venezuela...
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
R2bees: why do we always play friendly with south and north americans...expecially dis venezuela...

I think it's because teams from those regions have technically gifted players and to enable NFF officials earn some estacode grin.For the domestic-based players, it's an opportunity for most of them to travel outside the African continent for the first time.
Anyway, I think that the NFF may in early January or even December, arrange friendlies against fellow African teams.

3 Likes

Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by julioralph(m): 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
angry angry
typical mistake by the NFF; should have played the game in europe. sad
anyway I'm glad Obafemi is back!
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nice!

Venezuela ain't a bad team although I don't really care who we play as long as we're utilizing the FIFA friendly windows and playing friendlies regularly

Portland Timbers' Bright Dike has been called up as a replacement for Mikel. Dike scored 5 goals in 12 appearances for the MLS side last season.

Who is this Bright Dike fella? Never heard of him. Anyway, he has the chance to make a lasting impression on Keshi and I hope he takes it with both hands.

For the domestic-based players, it's an opportunity for most of them to travel outside the African continent for the first time.

Guy, don't knock the home-based players. Believe me, most of them have been to many countries outside Africa as they jet out to countries in Asia and Europe constantly for trials.

Apart from that, it won't be the first time for most of them as they played against Peru in Peru & Egypt in Dubai earlier this year.

1 Like

Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by ortopazz(m): 12:31am On Nov 14, 2012
Now my question , av been waiting for 1am to knack so I cud watch the match atleast someone said so, now you guys are saying its thursday? When ss3 will be showing the highlights at 2am? Hope I dnt miss the match, not of the habit of missing Nigerian Matches. Pls wil Ait show tha match?
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 14, 2012
@ semid4lyfe: Your correction concerning home-based players is duly noted. I forgot they played against Egypt in Dubai.
Thanks smiley
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 14, 2012
The Bright Dike fellow could be a potential weapon in the air- he is 6ft 1in tall, and might be difficult to outmuscle in a one-on-one duel with a defender or even two defenders- he wighs a massive 220lbs shocked
He was born in Oklahoma, USA on February 2, 1987

Anyway, I believe that the only way he will get into the AFCON squad will be if Brown Ideye or Obafemi Martins are both injured.

1 Like

Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 14, 2012
ortopazz: Now my question , av been waiting for 1am to knack so I cud watch the match atleast someone said so, now you guys are saying its thursday? When ss3 will be showing the highlights at 2am? Hope I dnt miss the match, not of the habit of missing Nigerian Matches. Pls wil Ait show tha match?

The match kicks off at 8pm Miami time on Wednesday. Miami is 6 hours behind Nigerian time. Therefore, the time in Nigeria will be 2am on Thursday.

I hope that helps.
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:21am On Nov 14, 2012
ortopazz: Now my question , av been waiting for 1am to knack so I cud watch the match atleast someone said so, now you guys are saying its thursday? When ss3 will be showing the highlights at 2am? Hope I dnt miss the match, not of the habit of missing Nigerian Matches. Pls wil Ait show tha match?

The match is 8pm in Miami on Wednesday and there's 6hrs difference between American Time and Nigerian Time so that translates to 2am Nigerian Time on Thursday. This report confirms it. . . .

VENEZUELA VS NIGERIA FRIENDLY TO HOLD NOV.15
The international friendly between the Venezuelan senior national team and their Nigerian counterpart will be played on November 15, futaa.com can report.

Super Eagles fans back home will have to wait a bit longer to see the game on television, as it will kick off 1:55am Nigerian time on Thursday, November 15, 2012.

This is caused by the six hours difference between American and Nigerian time, as the venue for the game has been fixed for Miami.

The Super Eagles are using the game as part of preparation for the 2013 African Cup of Nations in South Africa next January.

Also, it's been confirmed from SuperSports website. It'd be on SuperSport. See the screenshot of the match schedule from SuperSport website below. Keep in mind that SA is 1hr ahead of us so that 2.55am is 1.55am Nigerian time and 5minutes is for pre-match analysis and adverts so in effect, the match will kick-off 2am

Not sure if it'd be on AIT though undecided

Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 14, 2012
Update: Coach Stephen Keshi has chosen Austin Ejide as Super Eagles' captain for the match.
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 14, 2012
The match can also be viewed online at espn.go.com. Their coverage begins 5 minutes before kickoff.

Once again, for N'landers resident in the US, the match kicks-off at 8pm ET/5pm PT on Wednesday. For those in the United kingdom, kickoff time is 1am on Thursday.
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by ortopazz(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2012
Thanks @ CFAN, time noted, Bright Dike, who is the one again or does Keshi just wants to buy some MLS favour before the match, dnt get me wrong, if Mikel withdrew, Haruna Lukman, Rabiu Ibrahim, Sone Aluko, etc when will they then feature for us, and if someone will be using the late withdrawal as an issue, you should answer why they've nt been called up in the first place.

Not hating though, but their set was the future of Nigerian football future just as SiaSIA refused to start up his Team without em' thats what is happening. We need to bring those boys in.

OBAGOL mehn I missed, has and will always be my Naija best striker, hopes he replicates that in the match!
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by ortopazz(m): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2012
Hope we Knock Ven.zueELla out!
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 14, 2012
@ ortopazz: I think those aforementioned players will get their chance at a later date. We can certainly utilize Aluko's speed and Rabiu Ibrahim's guile in the AFCON proper.

Anyway, I'm hoping for at least, a draw to boost d confidence of our boys.
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by ortopazz(m): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2012
@cFCfan, those aforementioned players will not feature in any of tha games before and After except a divine Intervention, Rabiu Ibrahim's case is quite annoying we complain of Midfield problems,. Buh we have a talent in that dude, now others will say Haruna had his chance, mehn he has to be developed, grow into the team, these players mentioned should be brought and coercied, and what of Ezoeunyi or whatever his name his, the left flank guy that use to star for keshi, i hope he plays too. We need a visible squad that we knw whatsup with them, apart from that, continuity, its important.

Bright Dike I just realized is a striker in the Mls, methinks keshi will need his people to come watch him.
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by femi4: 8:47am On Nov 14, 2012
If its 2.55am on SS, that's 2.55am(CAT) which is equivalent to 1.55am Nigeria time
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2012
I too feel that Rabiu Ibrahim would have been established in Nigeria's midfield by now sad. He would have combined well with either Mikel or Obiora Nwankwo. I hope he makes the AFCON squad by ANY MEANS possible.

The other player Ejike Uzoenyi will definitely be on the plane to South Africa.
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 14, 2012
femi4: If its 2.55am on SS, that's 2.55am(CAT) which is equivalent to 1.55am Nigeria time

You are correct, CAT is one hour ahead of Nigerian time.
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by femi4: 8:51am On Nov 14, 2012
CFCfan:

I too feel that Rabiu Ibrahim would have been established in Nigeria's midfield by now sad. He would have combined well with either Mikel or Obiora Nwankwo. I hope he makes the AFCON squad by ANY MEANS possible.

Rabiu Ibrahim refused to grow

1 Like

Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by scopusng(m): 8:57am On Nov 14, 2012
Super sport don dey craze , na everybodi dey catch SS5?Anyway, thank God say SS9 go show am too.

1 Like

Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by drealnamdy(m): 9:14am On Nov 14, 2012
angry lipsrsealed. No thanks..I will pass on dis one..tel me about d scores dis next mornin...geeeez I soo much dislike midnight matches
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Azuist(m): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2012
CFCfan:

Which club does he play for? is he still a ball boy in Celtic? You really like this guy to still remember him even the guy cant remember himself.
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 14, 2012
All in All, I expect to see a win when I wake up in the morning.

undecided
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by pboy2buzy(m): 11:52am On Nov 14, 2012
Scoreless draw
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by soloqy: 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
scopusng: Super sport don dey craze , na everybodi dey catch SS5?Anyway, thank God say SS9 go show am too.

Why say what you are not sure of? On DSTV website and facebook page, they say its on SS5. No where did they say it would be on ss9. Just where did you get this conclusion from?
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by AfroBlue(m): 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
my buddy who is from Venezuela told me he's going to the match.

Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
upon all the stadium in miami U.S.A, this is d one them see, nawa o
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by chinedum13(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
CFCfan:

The match kicks off at 8pm Miami time on Wednesday. Miami is 6 hours behind Nigerian time. Therefore, the time in Nigeria will be 2am on Thursday.

I hope that helps.
i beg want ask the 2am na in the night when people go they fast asleep abi na in the afternoon because me personally no wan miss the match.
thanks
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by bizzlemie(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
chinedum13:
i beg want ask the 2am na in the night when people go they fast asleep abi na in the afternoon because me personally no wan miss the match.
thanks

Dude!! 2am = night, 2pm = afternoon angry
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
@ bizzlemie: I was perplexed about the question too smiley
Re: Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (3 - 1) On Thursday 15th November 2012 by DrWhizy(m): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
Pls ooo, needn clarification. Would ss9 show the match or not. Make I no go dey awake 4 nothing. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) / Messi: Ronaldo Is A Predatory Striker And It's Only Normal When He Scores / Mikel Obi Leaves Middlesbrough After Short Contract (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.