Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,070 members, 7,814,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Haunted Or Gifted? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Haunted Or Gifted? (1247 Views)

The Haunted House / "haunted By Strange Spirit For 8 Yrs" / Haunted House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haunted Or Gifted? by Gracious10: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
Before I start, I would state that I am born-again Christian and sorely Belive in Christ alone.

I have come here on religious forum to seek insight cos as a young Christian, I have followed some peoples opinion on issues of Christianity and they have proven to be unadulterated.

For 36 days now, I have been experiencing something very wired. Now this is it:
I tend to see peoples problems written all over them as they approach or converse with me. It's like their entire life is like a book on their body. I also tend to read or hear them say things in their head. I know I had the abilities of dreams although those diminished over time and my dreams are 90% accurate. Most of them were terrible painful things about happening to people and usually they don't believe me so I quit informing them.

Now this issue of seeing deeper than I should see is quite bothersome, I don't like it because most times am so forced to inform these people of the impending danger. Although I have refused to tell'em anything so far. Now I have a co-worker, something very terrible is about to happen to, should I tell her or just shut up?
I don't understand what this thing is, infact I have been praying to get rid of it but it gets stronger each day.
I don't know if am haunted or have a gift.
More experienced Christ believing Christians,pls help!

BTW, I don't get to see anything about myself except in dreams grin
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by k2039: 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2012
You are gifted
You owe God the responsiblity of serving your gift to the world.

So tell your friend about the danger ahead,because if you dont,your mind wont be at peace if anything bad happens to him(you will feel guilty for not informing about the danger ahead)

About the gift,you just have to optimise it to the glory if God.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by CrazyMan(m): 4:25pm On Nov 07, 2012
I feel you're hunted...

My God isn't a confused God...if he's leading you, you definitely know it...cos his spirit would be there to guide you every mile of the way.

See the passage below...

John 14:16-17.  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: [size=16pt] but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. [/size]

Your confusion brings me to one conclusion...you have the spirit of divination in you.

The spirit of divination is a demon that gives you the ability to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge by occult or supernatural means. (Like what you're experiencing right now)

See how paul dealt with the spirit below...

Acts 16:16-18.  And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Seek God's face, and I'm sure he would deliver you from this demonic spirit.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
Lol....one christian says its god, the other says its the devil.
Guess what the atheist says: u are someone who is good at reading body language and noticing other tiny details but u are also slightly delusional.

Don't argue with me, I'm in ur mind remembercheesy

1 Like

Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by berylLOL(f): 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2012
inurmind: Lol....one christian says its god, the other says its the devil.
Guess what the atheist says: u are someone who is good at reading body language and noticing other tiny details but u are also slightly delusional.

Don't argue with me, I'm in ur mind remembercheesy

this doesn't make sense.

@OP- I'd say u are gifted.

1 Like

Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by CrazyMan(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
berylLOL:
this doesn't make sense.

Maybe you didn't read his posts properly...he said it started 36 days ago.

How on earth can that be a gift...a gift doesn't make you confused, demons do.
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by pastormustwacc: 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
@op, you have inherent psychic abilities like me. People without such gifts find it puzzling. When i created that thread earlier, people thought i was madt.

You should see my thread on Can A Born Again Christian Be Psychic / What Does Jesus Say About Psychics?
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by Gracious10: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
CrazyMan:

Please read my post properly.

Yes this started 36 days ago but I have also had the ability to see things in my dreams since I was a child although the things I see are impending danger about to occur so I stopped informing people of what I see in dreams. I have never being confused of my dreams but this new one is scaring.

Now this one started clearly, I don't need to sleep to see it, I just see through that person as long as that individual is insight and close by, I also get to see people with beautiful hearts as well.

What happened to the diverse gifts written in the bible? I hate being in the spotlight and this isnt just welcoming.
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by Gracious10: 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
CrazyMan:

And some people who have the call of God on their lives get confused at first, run around until the get the clear message. Sometimes, they need someone to help'em.
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
berylLOL:
this doesn't make sense.

Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by pastormustwacc: 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2012
Gracious10:

Yes this started 36 days ago but I have also had the ability to see things in my dreams since I was a child although the things I see are impending danger about to occur so I stopped informing people of what I see in dreams. I have never being confused of my dreams but this new one is scaring.

Now this one started clearly, I don't need to sleep to see it, I just see through that person as long as that individual is insight and close by, I also get to see people with beautiful hearts as well.

What happened to the diverse gifts written in the bible? I hate being in the spotlight and this isnt just welcoming.

Acts 2:17
'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

Next step now is to accept your abilities as a manifestation of the holy spirit, surrender it to God (do not for a moment believe the power is encoded into your DNA, because some seducing spirits will try to make you believe so in order to make you lost and draw away from God - at least they tried to do this to me and failed).

Pray to God to strengthen you and teach you how to use your gifts for his work. Dont be driven by human desires and go and open a church and start seeing "visions" for people to do business, subject and surrender everything to God, to use you as he will.
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by berylLOL(f): 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2012
CrazyMan:

well, I guess Gracious answered for me.
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by Boss13: 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
Gracious10:

Guy you have been able to harness your gift. Use it for the good of mankind. Please and please don't form a church and start collecting money, your gift will diminish. I used to know a guy back in the university. He would tell you the name of your girlfriend by just looking at you and he doesn't know you. We all have these gifts but many of us don allow this world carry us away. Continue with the things you do normally and be more spiritual. I guess for you to start seeing these day dreams means you are maturing and with time your gift would grow and more will be added to you. However, the moment you go commercial just FORGET AM.

1 Like

Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by pastormustwacc: 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
Gracious10:

And some people who have the call of God on their lives get confused at first, run around until the get the clear message. Sometimes, they need someone to help'em.
You are right. I wish you the best, and pray that you find your human helper on time.

But first, you must draw closer to God, and dispel your "fear" - or at least that is what your aura tells me about you (you still feel something is wrong with you, and i dont blame you, your faith in God must get stronger).
Next, the future you see is not fixed, it is only God that knows the ultimate future, so you must interceed for people too - and not just allow them to be doomed. I have found out over time that there are usually points of decision which determines the final event that takes place.

Let me give you a few insights:
1. You must cancel your fear/despair and subject yourself entirely to God. Then, you will realize the full potential of your abilities.

2. You are subject to temptations, and you can use your gifts for evil as well as good. It is ultimately for you to decide.

3. You have become a very juicy target for the powers of darkness. So you must become stronger spiritually to prevent yourself from being used and abused by them.

4. There are some sets of humans that will destroy you given the chance, because by virtue of your gifts, you have become a powerful opposition.

5. Pray to God to increase your wisdom and teach you how to use your gifts for his work.

I am only giving you a hint of what to expect.

2 Likes

Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by Gracious10: 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
pastormustwacc:
You are right. I wish you the best, and pray that you find your human helper on time.

But first, you must draw closer to God, and dispel your "fear" - or at least that is what your aura tells me about you (you still feel something is wrong with you, and i dont blame you, your faith in God must get stronger).
Next, the future you see is not fixed, it is only God that knows the ultimate future, so you must interceed for people too - and not just allow them to be doomed. I have found out over time that there are usually points of decision which determines the final event that takes place.

Let me give you a few insights:
1. You must cancel your fear/despair and subject yourself entirely to God. Then, you will realize the full potential of your abilities.

2. You are subject to temptations, and you can use your gifts for evil as well as good. It is ultimately for you to decide.

3. You have become a very juicy target for the powers of darkness. So you must become stronger spiritually to prevent yourself from being used and abused by them.

4. There are some sets of humans that will destroy you given the chance, because by virtue of your gifts, you have become a powerful opposition.

5. Pray to God to increase your wisdom and teach you how to use your gifts for his work.

I am only giving you a hint of what to expect.

Very good points you have made. Fear needs to be wiped outta my life. You got me on that but am better now.
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by pastormustwacc: 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
Gracious10:

Very good points you have made. Fear needs to be wiped outta my life. You got me on that but am better now.

You are welcome. Remember, the opposite of faith is fear (or so i was told by a spirit). You must not allow fear to overtake you no matter what you see.
And always remember who you are:

Here is your identity - remember, this may save your life one day:
1. You must always never forget who you are - no matter what you see, feel or hear.
2. You must shield yourself from familiar spirits, they will surely come with their temptations.
3. Always remember, demons are not to be trusted, they HATE EVERYTHING associated with GOD.
4. Remember that you are not alone, you are part of the DIVINE, and draw power from the divine.
5. Not everyone with your abilities are born again, some are being used by familiar spirits.
6. Not everyone will understand the meaning of what you see, so always try to put them in human languages - so you dont sound scary or madt.
7. There are some things you are not meant to know, and so when your abilities refuse to work, do not let your faith to be shaken.
8. Your abilities are for service, and YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN THOSE WITHOUT THOSE ABILITIES - AS FAR AS GOD IS CONCERNED.
9. The abilities are not meant for your own use, so dont worry if you cannot always see your future.
10. PUT YOUR FAITH STEDFAST IN GOD, AND NOT IN YOUR ABILITIES.
11. REMEMBER, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SEE, GOD HAS THE FINAL SAY. SO NEVER DESPAIR.
12. YOU CANT SAVE EVERYONE, AND TIMES COME WHEN YOU HAVE TO WATCH PEOPLE GET DESTROYED, AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. SOME PEOPLE CANT BE HELPED,

All these are just my humble-opinion, and you dont need to take them seriously if they do not mean anything to you.
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
I can understand your confusion but have you forgotten that Jesus is your friend.? What a privilege to carry EVERYTHING to God in prayer. Why don't you go to God and ask him what this is all about. You must take the attitude of a matured believer and sit at the feet of Christ until you receive an answer of peace. Pastors,men of God and other human beings may not be able to help.

Most importantly remember God is the author and finisher of your faith. Nobody else so to him you go for clarity.
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by esere826: 7:28am On Nov 10, 2012
*walks in with a chewing stick, bell, worn out bible and smiles*

Its a gift dear.
Its your choice wether to accept it or reject it
If you accept it, its also your choice to 'test' it in flames and make it burn bright and precious

But u go soon turn to Prophet TB be dat
Now, u go see how im be wen people dey curse u for wetin u no cause
grin

*walks away*
*sneaks back in this time with jerry curled hair and crocodile skin shoes*

And by the way, why not use am to take find husband while it lasts naw,
...em, em and use am take hammer

*laughs mischeviously*
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by dhtml(m): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2012
esere826: *walks in with a chewing stick, bell, worn out bible and smiles*

Its a gift dear.
Its your choice wether to accept it or reject it
If you accept it, its also your choice to 'test' it in flames and make it burn bright and precious

But u go soon turn to Prophet TB be dat
Now, u go see how im be wen people dey curse u for wetin u no cause
grin

*walks a way*
*sneaks back in this time with jerry curled hair and crocodile skin shoes*

And by the way, why not use am to take find husband while it lasts naw,
...em, em and use am take hammer

*laughs mischeviously*
Caramba! here is someone with more sense of humour than mesef!
JERRY CURL+CROCODILE SHOES=YHAKIS!

But really, some gifts can be haunting if you dont know how to control them. You will just have so much information flowing into your mind at maddening level, and will not be able to focus on your own thoughts.
Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by Joagbaje(m): 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
Gracious10: Before I start, I would state that I am born-again Christian and sorely Belive in Christ alone.

I have come here on religious forum to seek insight cos as a young Christian, I have followed some peoples opinion on issues of Christianity and they have proven to be unadulterated.

For 36 days now, I have been experiencing something very wired. Now this is it:
I tend to see peoples problems written all over them as they approach or converse with me. It's like their entire life is like a book on their body. I also tend to read or hear them say things in their head. I know I had the abilities of dreams although those diminished over time and my dreams are 90% accurate. Most of them were terrible painful things about happening to people and usually they don't believe me so I quit informing them.

Now this issue of seeing deeper than I should see is quite bothersome, I don't like it because most times am so forced to inform these people of the impending danger. Although I have refused to tell'em anything so far. Now I have a co-worker, something very terrible is about to happen to, should I tell her or just shut up?
I don't understand what this thing is, infact I have been praying to get rid of it but it gets stronger each day.
I don't know if am haunted or have a gift.
More experienced Christ believing Christians,pls help!

BTW, I don't get to see anything about myself except in dreams grin

Seeing into the spiritual realm has two sides. Either demonic or by the holygjost. I have seen some Christians having spirit of divination. Some from childhood . Even when they get born again such thing still manifest. I Hiv actually prayed for a lady and the thing stopped. She always see who's about to die. But there's a gift of the holy spirit which causes ones eyes to be open into the spiritual realm. Every gift is for the purpose of edification. When you see danger, you intercede or warn to avert it. It's to glorify Jesus and deify the church ,you know better . But it's best to talk to your own pastor if he's a spiritually enlightened man.

1 Like

Re: Haunted Or Gifted? by God2man(m): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
Interesting guy. You have to take it to the Lord in prayer to confirm that it is not demonic, ask God, be honest and wait for a reply. Once you are sure it is not a demonic manifestation. You go ahead for a higher spiritual counselling, i mean those who are higher than you in the things of God for the next step.

It is a confirmation that we are different and unique, the life of a man is mysterious so to say, you need to wake up your inner treasure. What will make you great is already planted inside you.

I wish you the best.

God bless you.
God2man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2012 Cbs Funcity Annual Christmas Family Funfair / Outrage Over Beheading Of Sri Lankan Woman By Saudi Arabia - Is This SHARIA? / Early Christians Prayed Like Muslims And Jesus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.