Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Frosbel,check Out The Worst Revolution Of All Time!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Frosbel,check Out The Worst Revolution Of All Time!!! (550 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frosbel,check Out The Worst Revolution Of All Time!!! by Niflheim(m): 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2012
The Taiping Rebellion was a large-scale revolt, waged from 1851 until 1864, against the authority and forces of the Qing Empire in China, conducted by both an army and civil administration inspired by the Hakka, self-proclaimed mystics named Hong Xiuquan and Yang Xiuqing. Hong was an unorthodox Christian convert, who declared himself the new Messiah and younger brother of Jesus Christ. Yang Xiuqing was a former salesman of firewood in Guangxi, who was frequently able to act as a mouthpiece of God to direct the people, as well as gain himself a large amount of political power. Hong, Yang and their followers established the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom (also, and officially, Heavenly Kingdom of Great Peace) and attained control of significant parts of southern China.

Most reliable sources put the total deaths during the fifteen years of the rebellion at about 20 million civilians and army personnel, although some argue the death toll was much higher (as many as 50 million, according to one source). Some historians estimate the combination of natural disasters combined with the political insurrections may have cost as many as 200 million Chinese lives between 1850 and 1865.
Re: Frosbel,check Out The Worst Revolution Of All Time!!! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
Taiping Rebellion, (1850–64), radical political and religious upheaval that was probably the most important event in China in the 19th century. It ravaged 17 provinces, took an estimated 20,000,000 lives, and irrevocably altered the Qing dynasty (1644–1911/12).

The rebellion began under the leadership of Hong Xiuquan (1814–64), a disappointed civil service examination candidate who, influenced by Christian teachings, had a series of visions and believed himself to be the son of God, the younger brother of Jesus Christ, sent to reform China. A friend of Hong’s, Feng Yunshan, utilized Hong’s ideas to organize a new religious group, the God Worshippers’ Society (Bai Shangdi Hui ... (102 of 663 words)

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/580815/Taiping-Rebellion

There you have it, if you choose to base your research and investigations on the thoughts and actions of a deranged and deluded person , good luck, lol.
Re: Frosbel,check Out The Worst Revolution Of All Time!!! by Odunnu: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
OP please permit my offtopic.
@Frosbel, did you get my pm? When are you taking action?
Re: Frosbel,check Out The Worst Revolution Of All Time!!! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
Odunnu: OP please permit my offtopic.
@Frosbel, did you get my pm? When are you taking action?

yep , send me the questions, it will only be the most basic of responses.

thank you
Re: Frosbel,check Out The Worst Revolution Of All Time!!! by Odunnu: 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2012
You gotta spice it up o. Dont be all formal. Its for fun so you'll have to drop the CEO mien
Re: Frosbel,check Out The Worst Revolution Of All Time!!! by Niflheim(m): 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
Frosbel,in a previous post,you said that atheist societies bring bloodshed and carnage,citing the french and russian revolutions as examples,now i have brought evidence of christian carnage that is far worse,and all you can reply is 'lauging out loud?'

(1) (Reply)

Jesus And Mary Told Me To Kill Him” – Woman Who Stabbed Husband To Death / The Only Solution / Only A FOOL Says; There Is No God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.