Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma (3663 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / Lagos/Ibadan Expressway To Be 10 Lanes —FERMA / Holes On A Pedestrian Bridge At Iyana-Oworo In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 07, 2012
The Federal Roads Maintenance Agency, FERMA, Wedneday, said that there were no potholes on the newly rehabilitated Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos.

According to FERMA Zonal Coordinator (South West II), Mr. Oladipo Fagbamila, the agency had carried out extensive maintenance of the bridge and there were no more potholes.

FERMA MD, Gabriel Amuchi

“No pot-holes there. Any body that said he has seen pot-holes should come and show me where they are on the Third Mainland Bridge,” he said.

Fagbamila spoke against the backdrop of reports that there were still pot-holes on the bridge, which was reopened to traffic last week, after a four month long rehabilitation.

He, however, said that some minor cracks, which were on the bridge, were being worked upon.

“If you are talking about skin failure, that is, minor cracks on the bridge, our people have moved there to fill them,” he said.

The FERMA zonal coordinator added that the agency would also move to site to begin the replacement of guard rails on the bridge before the end of the week.

He said that the materials for the replacement of the guard rails on both sides of the bridge were being put together.

“For all those guard rails that are falling off, we will repair them and put new ones.

“Before Friday, we will begin work because the parts are ready, and it is just to move them to site to replace all railings that have gone bad.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/3rd-mainland-bridge-ferma-denies-report-of-pot-holes-after-repairs/
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by Mynd44: 8:33am On Nov 08, 2012
In other words, show us pictures or STFU
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by JustMotors(m): 10:19am On Nov 08, 2012
Hundreds of pot holes on that Bridge. 2days after It was open I went from Ikeja to Osborn road, Ikoyi.
I was very surprise to see those pot holes. how come?
But I couldn't take a picture I was driving at 80km per hour.
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by Mynd44: 10:21am On Nov 08, 2012
JustMotors: Hundreds of pot holes on that Bridge. 2days after It was open I went from Ikeja to Osborn road, Ikoyi.
Well dude, you have no proof
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by freebloke: 10:31am On Nov 08, 2012
we even get kettle and stove holes there....
B-)
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by methodman(m): 11:59am On Nov 08, 2012
its true...i also passed last week and i was surprised to see some potholes. I was like WTF... angry angry angry
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by Ndoz(m): 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
Types of holes
1 pot holes
2 kettle holes
3 cup holes
4 bottomless holes
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by 234GT(m): 12:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
So they just punished people by partially closing the bridge to traffic for months. Naija I dey hail o!
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by feelamong(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2012
methodman: its true...i also passed last week and i was surprised to see some potholes. I was like WTF... angry angry angry

just get the photos or STFU
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
JustMotors: Hundreds of pot holes on that Bridge. 2days after It was open I went from Ikeja to Osborn road, Ikoyi.

Mr. Babatunde Fashola show your transparence here FEMER is decieving us d bridge is a legacy her in Nigeria!
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by Redmosquito(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
Minion: My Lord! Is it true that there are only minor cracks?
Hades: MINOR! Buhahahahaha! See ehm! The Nigerian Gov have a way of saying things. First, When Yaradua was on his death-bed they said "Sick Keee!!! No oooo!!!The president is hale and hearty, Infact we just ate Eba Together", When Patience went abroad for serious medical treatment they said " Patience Sick Ke! No ooo!! She only went to enjoy american breeze" Now they see 7 feet deep pot-holes on the bridges, what do they say? "Pot-Hole Kee!!! No oooo! They are only tiny cracks"
Minion: My King! E be like say Naija bad pass here shocked

4 Likes

Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by Kx: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
Wait a minute.

If FERMA officials are denying this, what then were they doing in 3rd mailand bridge ysterday-feeling potholes and doing some patch patch work-that caused serious over 5 hours traffic in 3rdmainland bridge yesterday evening/nite?
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by yemmight(m): 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
Why are they still deceiving people? That is my route to and fro everyday. Yesterday evening, FERMA officials were seen patching potholes on the other side while we were returning from work. As at this morning, they are still patching holes. That guy should have just said 'patching of holes will soon be completed' As at this moment, pot holes on that bridge will be over 100.
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by JustMotors(m): 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
Kx: Wait a minute.

If FERMA officials are denying this, what then were they doing in 3rd mailand bridge ysterday-feeling potholes and doing some patch patch work-that caused serious over 5 hours traffic in 3rdmainland bridge yesterday evening/nite?

That's tells u they FERMA only share money and did nothing.
While I was on that bridge I ask my friend. Are u sure they did or work on this road he said Yes.its hard to see proof. Not good
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by gulfer: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
So what explains the patching been done on the bridge now and the consequent traffic on the TMB for the past few (2) days now.
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by playcharles(m): 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
that man should sherap ....which stupid maintenance, are the street lights on the bridge working
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
Under-developed Agency

They don't even know how to defend themselve.
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by OkwaIfugo(m): 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2012
Ferma or what do they call themselves oya drop your phone number lets show you where the pot hole is with 1001 calls.
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by phillip001(m): 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
[b][/b]may GOD PUNISH THEM
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by advocate666: 2:34pm On Nov 08, 2012

you were going 80km per hour on a bridge full of pot holes?
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by redsun(m): 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2012
Fashola what are you waiting to mandate speed limits on lagos roads?Another lessons that the villagers need to learn.

On a treacherous bridge like that 55mph should be the speed limit.
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by wola44: 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
Nigeria is a case study, while will the government repair a road with over 1B naira without good street light , what a shame.
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by Ekans: 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2012
Why do representatives of this government lie about everything and anything?
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by dridowu: 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
D FG intentionally decide to punish Nigerians using d 3MB, there is still enough Pot holes as at now. D railings at either side should is yet to b fixed also. What is now d essence of closing 3MB for months without repair ? ;-(
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by robotan: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com

For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2012
This will go down in history as a monumental work that was not recorded in pictures or reports lipsrsealed
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by Pain(m): 5:46pm On Nov 08, 2012
Can someone take a walk down there and take some pics for us grin

1 Like

Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by frankgreat(m): 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
Why r nigerians lik dis? Can't we for once say good about dis country? I ply dat route every day and dere is no potholes again? If dere r, how can u b driving at 80km per hour? Go try dat on ore road and u see what will happen to you...so pls fellow NIGERIANS, let's speak positive..the road is ok, wat we shld b complaining about is d street light not the road
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by trainingict: 7:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
There is a serious problem in Nigeria,if government officials can deny the existence of pot-holes on 3rd Mainland Bridge passed daily by thousands of Nigerians. I was on that bridge a day before it was reopened and everyday since it was declared opened. I was shocked at the level of satisfaction displayed by the Honourable Minister of works, an Architect by profession. I am an engineer, I wonder why the Nigerian Society of engineers and COREN have not complained about the repairs done. Somebody told me it might not be a comprehensive maintenance contract. The contractor has completed the terms of reference given to them, that is why FERMA and the Minister accepted the certificate of completion. Pot holes are there even when it was reopened. Hopefully, the pot-holes will be filled.
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by JustMotors(m): 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2012
frankgreat: Why r nigerians lik dis? Can't we for once say good about dis country? I ply dat route every day and dere is no potholes again? If dere r, how can u b driving at 80km per hour? Go try dat on ore road and u see what will happen to you...so pls fellow NIGERIANS, let's speak positive..the road is ok, wat we shld b complaining about is d street light not the road

Let the truth be told. Let's tell them if they use our money right or wrong. Its Democracy.
80km per hour. My bad? I was running down to osborn IKOYI 2days after the 3MB was open and with great expection that the road is in a perfect shape now. for the first 3min drive I ask my friend beside me are u sure they work on this road?he said yes. I keep driving and I start to see some works been done.
Pot holes are many I have to navigate my way. They are not that big holes but I don't expect such on a newly repair road spending so much and 3month to repair.
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by roymary: 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THERE WAS LITTLE OR NO WORK DONE ON THAT BRIDGE!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT THE BRIDGE WAS SHUT DOWN FOR MONTHS!!!
Re: Minor-cracks, No Port-holes On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Ferma by komek(m): 8:45am On Nov 09, 2012
Our leaders like lying to us. That 3rd mainland Bridge was full of holes after it was opened. They want to show us that they are wrking that was why they opened the Bridge before the normal time they agreed to do that. Because someone wants to receive praises.
If they were no holes as they are talking , what caused the slow traffic on Wed. 7th of Nov on that bridge? Was it not as a result of work going on after they claim they have concluded work on the Bridge. Abeg .

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Pastor Adeboye Donating Ambulance To Israel - Cramjones / President Buhari Is Far Richer Than He Declares (PICTURE PROOF) / BREAKING!! Buhari Receives Heavy Knocks In EU Parliament Over Biafra (see Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.