Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe (8009 Views)

S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post / Fashola Ask Jonathan To Withdraw Troops From Lagos Streets – Full Speech / Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by chucky234(m): 11:42am On Nov 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Nigerians will not ask Jonathan to run in 2015, except the Privatized Electricity Sector is functional to deliver 247 electricity. Completion of bids process isnt enough, GEJ has to see that the Power Sector reform does not fail. However, I have looked all over the Nigerian Political Landscape and I have not seen any politico-technocrats with national affinity and popularity to take over from GEJ. Fashola is an active Governor but he belongs to a regional cabal that promotes depopulation of Lagos via martial laws. Police men are killing the Okadas and conductors and the poor are being pushed into the bushes daily due to land use acts. The AKS governor has no popularity across national political landscape even though he is PDP. There happens to be no other options. Buhari is confirmed Boko Negotiator and sympathizer. Ribadu has more enemies than friends and he lacks basic team leader approach in his executions of duties. Who will bell the cat ? GEJ might certainly have to perfect this Power reform or there may not even be elections. Internet has opened our eyes and we will not allow anyone to sit in that Aso Rock, never again without popular support, we of the Niger-Delta extraction will occupy our oil, the SW will Occupy their Cocoa, the North will Occupy their cattle, MiddleBelt will occupy their tubers of Yams. The ball is on GEJ's court to prove to us that he is the gentleman we fought for when the Aandoka Cabal wanted to breach the constitution and not allow him to ascend the Rocky Seat of the Villa. Never again will anyone use tribalism to instigate violence amongst the masses of people in order to enjoy our commonwealth while we fight amongst ourselves on Nairaland. GEJ, the ball is in your court, and so far, I have not been disappointed. Fresh you are, Fresh Air we need. Project 2015-2019 will be determined by Nigerian populace and we are watching.
Wow this is reinvention of Billyonaire,I'm happy you are beginning to notice GEJ lapses and incompetence,you are seeing things from a different perspective which is no doubt a good development. There are so many things GEJ need to put in place not just the power sector because all the sectors are presently on standstill,no sector is working and corruption is still at its pinnacle.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by tucker12(m): 11:53am On Nov 08, 2012
Listening to the likes of Okuope talking and canvassing for 2015 for GEJ is just so comical. Its like watching charlie chaplin again

I was taking my shower this morning and again reflected on race to the white house in the US. I reflected on the american issue; the economy, the budget deficits, jobs creation, the healthcare policy, and need to invest into education. the foreign policy. wall street, tax!!! the list goes on. I reflected on the fact that the american people are clear in terms of what they want and what bothers them.

Frankly I just brush off the ridiculous thought that if our president was an American, would he be able to match up to the discussion of the middle class issues? the economy? healthcare reforms? the job creation, if he was challenged in a debate? GEJ wouldn't even match up to been able to run for governorship in the US talk less of becoming a congress man.

I better stop... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by chucky234(m): 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: My vote and support for GEJ was for the following reasons :
1) completion of dredging of river niger. Current status: COMPLETED
2) completion of Onitsha port. Current status: COMPLETED
3) reforms and privatisation of PHCN. Current status: ongoing, almost completed
4) completion of Onitsha- Owerri road. Current status: COMPLETED
5) modernization and internationalization of Enugu airport, ditto southeast airports. Current status: remodelling work ongoing and plan to construct international terminal for Enugu airport concluded.
6) completion of Enugu- Onitsha express way. Current status, bridge head to upper iweka section EXPANDED and COMPLETED, while work is ongoing at other failed sections.
7) reconstruction of Enugu-Ph expressway. Current status: still several bad portions but remedial work ongoing now, while we await plans for full reconstruction
cool restoration of the eastern rail line, ditto rail transport across the country. Current status: ongoing
9) construction of 2nd Niger bridge. Current status: actual ground braking and work expected to commence March next yr.
10) consolidation of democracy in Nig thru free and fair elections. Current status: delivered. In conclusion my vote and support for Jonathan has yielded tremendous benefits for me and my people. I have NEVER been disappointed for one minute and I hope that before 2015, many more benefits would accrue to me and my people, courtesy of GEJ
Where is this political inconsequential beetle-headed goon coming from?
Did I hear you say dredging?the recent floods would not have been that severe if River Niger and Benue were properly dredged to give adequate depth and space to accommodate the increase in water level,go to New Orleans in the US to see the erosion wall put in place after the hurricane katrina.
Onitsha-Owerri road? Is that what you call road standard in 2012? You must be living under olumo rock not to know that what was constructed on that route cannot pass for a major road in Cotonou let alone South Africa.
Privatization of PHCN still has the crooks who are the problems of this nation as handlers,you don't expect anything good from the likes of Atiku and Tinubu until results is seen. You must be dumb to count that as achievement.
Free and fair elections? I can't stop laughing at your ignorance,what a chronic goon you are. Even the presidential election in 2011 were never free and fair as my sibling who was one of the corpers used for the exercise became partially rich after the election from the settlement he and the other corpers were paid by PDP and ACN chieftains.
For you to list the above sand filling exercises by FERMA termed road construction as yardstick for re-election shows how dumb you are,m0r0n of the order of Niger(MON).

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
chucky234: Where is political inconsequential beetle-headed goon coming from?
You call that dredging,the recently floods would not have been that severe if River Niger and Benue were properly dredged to give adequate depth and space to accommodate the increase in water level,go to New Orleans in the US to see the erosion wall put in place after the hurricane katrina.
Onitsha-Owerri road? Is that what you call road standard in 2012? You must be living under olumo rock not to know that what was constructed on that cannot pass for a major road in Cotonou let alone South Africa.
Privatization is PHCN still has the crooks who are the problems of this nation as handlers,you don't expect anything good from the likes of Atiku and Tinubu until results is seen. You must be dumb to count that as achievement.
Free and fair elections? I can't stop laughing at your ignorance,what a chronic goon you are. Even the presidential election in 2011 were never free and fair as my sibling who was one of the corpers used for the exercise became partially rich after the election from the settlement he and the other corpers were paid by PDP and ACN chieftains.
For you to list the above sand filling exercises by FERMA termed road construction as yardstick for re-election shows how dumb you are,m0r0n of the order of Niger(MON).
Well, I'm not surprised. When persons of abysmally low intellect lose out at the level of intellectual discourse, they resort to abuses, name calling and violence(boko haram way). Go and read what Achebe wrote in his latest book (There was a country) about the 2011 elections.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by odehaj: 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
They are taking advantage of the ethno-religious diversity in this country to play on the collective intelligence of Nigerians. He may go on like this until the end of his tenure then gather his kitchen cabinets&tribal people to start making noise, "GEJ d messiah 2015"as some of them have started shouting. life is worthless now in Nigeria.no security,corruption on d rise,unemployment etc and some clowns are urging the shoeless CLUELESS to continue in 2015,tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by odehaj: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Well, I'm not surprised. When persons of abysmally low intellect lose out at the level of intellectual discourse, they resort to abuses, name calling and violence(boko haram way). Go and read what Achebe wrote in his latest book (There was a country) about the 2011 elections.
For God's sake, Achebe's mouth is not the Bible!From all indications,judging from your post so far,you seems to be at advantage by this GEJ fu.cked up regime or you must be his tribal person.pls get a life joor.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by iwanchop(m): 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Is Achebe now an election umpire?Why shuld i dwel on what Achebe wrote to discern whether 2011 elections were fair when d realities r here?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
5) modernization and internationalization of Enugu airport, ditto southeast airports. Current status: remodelling work ongoing and plan to construct international terminal for Enugu airport concluded.
6) completion of Enugu- Onitsha express way. Current status, bridge head to upper iweka section EXPANDED and COMPLETED, while work is ongoing at other failed sections.
7) reconstruction of Enugu-Ph expressway. Current status: still several bad portions but remedial work ongoing now, while we await plans for full reconstruction
cool restoration of the eastern rail line, ditto rail transport across the country. Current status: ongoing
9) construction of 2nd Niger bridge. Current status: actual ground braking and work expected to commence March next yr.
10) consolidation of democracy in Nig thru free and fair elections. Current status: delivered. In conclusion my vote and support for Jonathan has yielded tremendous benefits for me and my people. I have NEVER been disappointed for one minute and I hope that before 2015, many more benefits would accrue to me and my people, courtesy of GEJ

Absolute Rubbish! angry

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by SirElaw(m): 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
buhak: PLEASE, LET US SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS COUNTRY PLEASE
God bless Nigeria
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by mbourie(m): 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
Insatiable Nigerians-I have learnt my lessons from chelsea fanatics; always tenacious to argue the right things to be wrong. It is only a chelsea fan would tell you that Messi has not scored goal on christmas day or he has not scored goal with red boot; they always want to find faults or argue something. Between 1994-2011, the insatiable Nigerians have been asking FG, even though they are corrupt they should just try and fix the power issues; GEJ has been trying his best to free the insatiable Nigerians from the shackles of darkness; but now their(insatiable Nigerians) new slogan is "power supply is too elementary." We all know privatization of this sector is the way forward;moreso, you and I know most "bourgeoisies" we have in this great country "Nigeria" are the same crooks who had held one position or the other in the country,but if your dad, no less than your uncles has the resources to bid please he should come out and rescue us.Thumb's up to sincerenigerian,the cause of the 1966 january coup was due to bad leadership and their rigging of election in which Nzeougwu and his boys tried to carryout what they called "revolution-but led to the civil war."I think GEJ has tried in mitigating the excessive rigging of election; As for chucks I would sincerely love to see your cousin "d corper," you know why? Because he/she is not worthy to hold a vital position in this great country of ours-he is among the nubs in fighting corruption. To draw the curtail, please Nigerians you dont expect a man to veer everything in four years, let alone eight years,even if you give him 30years there must still be some lapses...like the adage "Rome was not built for a day," let us all watch, keep our fingers crossed and see if his projection about his blueprints would at least move the country forward...God bless Nigeria-cheers!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by FrankC3: 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
RICHIE BOI:

Absolute Rubbish! angry

None of you have really refuted what he has said. The truth is that GEJ has been good for Ndigbo and they can prove it. When the elction campaign starts, GEJ will point out these things which an average Joe in the street can verify and then, it won't be absolute rubbish.

The Good Governance tour has been to Kwara, Nassarawa, Benue and Plateau and we can see what the FG is doing. These things are not on internet, they are on ground and the REAL people that vote see it.

The fact is that at the pace GEJ is going, in 2015, he will have strong proof that we can trust him for another 4 years if he decides to run. The only thing that any logical person can have against GEJ is that he is not very charismatic or inspirational, not performance, not grit. He has actually taken tougher, more guided and intelligent decisions than our other recent leaders. When all these noises and soundbites settle down, Nigerians will chose their next president.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by kanmifad(m): 3:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
can anybobody body mention GEJ so far
Yungeagle: I dnt knw y nigerians are so blind 2 see the writing on the wall,bt 4 now GEJ still d best among wht we hve been seeing,is just dis evil men using media an violence to spoil show 4 him.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by ujchief(m): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
Kini big deal? Same way Abacha had millions of people 'BEGGING' him to continue, same way Obj had millions of people 'URGING' him to amend the constitution to suit his 3rd term agenda!
Kini big deal? Every leader, no matter how incompetent will always have psychophant praise singers!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by rusher14: 4:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
Frank-C:

None of you have really refuted what he has said. The truth is that GEJ has been good for Ndigbo and they can prove it. When the elction campaign starts, GEJ will point out these things which an average Joe in the street can verify and then, it won't be absolute rubbish.

The Good Governance tour has been to Kwara, Nassarawa, Benue and Plateau and we can see what the FG is doing. These things are not on internet, they are on ground and the REAL people that vote see it.

The fact is that at the pace GEJ is going, in 2015, he will have strong proof that we can trust him for another 4 years if he decides to run. The only thing that any logical person can have against GEJ is that he is not very charismatic or inspirational, not performance, not grit. He has actually taken tougher, more guided and intelligent decisions than our other recent leaders. When all these noises and soundbites settle down, Nigerians will chose their next president.
For some reason these achievements are not on the internet. Just like i have seen a cyclop but i didn't have a camera on me at the time.
Every time we have a failure of a leader we always have bootlickers such as yourself telling us about a borehole drilled in Gombe as the achievement the president deserves a medal for.
Please show me the Federal government's presence in Lagos at least this is where I live.
Have hospitals become better since he came into power? remember Patshey's need to RESt in Germany.
Note the president has been in power for about 3 years now.
Who in government that has looted or mismanaged funds is in jail now?
Free and fair election is not something to laud a leader for even if it happened under his watch because those are meant to be default events.
Do you celebrate the fact that your child did not steal today?
Have tou had a relation lose his/her life or property from violence (Boko Haram)?
I think it's time people like you begin to tell the truth.
A society can only be called a success when there is an equitable distribution of health, wealth and happinness.
A leader can only be regarded as being successful if he has done well with these parameters.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by werepeLeri: 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
chucky234: Because Okupe is a fraud with no integrity

Tell us why he is a fraud or sharrap - Quotin El Rufai.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by werepeLeri: 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
rusher14:
For some reason these achievements are not on the internet. Just like i have seen a cyclop but i didn't have a camera on me at the time.
Every time we have a failure of a leader we always have bootlickers such as yourself telling us about a borehole drilled in Gombe as the achievement the president deserves a medal for.
Please show me the Federal government's presence in Lagos at least this is where I live.
Have hospitals become better since he came into power? remember Patshey's need to RESt in Germany.
Free and fair election is not something to laud a leader for even if it happened under his watch because those are meant to be default events.
Have tou had a relation lose his/her life or property from violence (Boko Haram)?
A society can only be called a success when there is an equitable distribution of health, wealth and happinness.
A leader can only be regarded as being successful if he has done well with these parameters.

Because he is EFCC? Name those you are referring to or sharrap

Now I know you are not for real at all.

Because of this - GEJ is a bad leader? I guess when thousands died in 911 in America - they should have shot Bush.

And GEJ caused this since independence - or it should have made it to happen within three years like you mentioned?

Which parameters?

When he became president - he sent in hurricane to wipe the hospitals built since independence?
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by rusher14: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

Because he is EFCC? Name those you are referring to or sharrap

Now I know you are not for real at all.

Because of this - GEJ is a bad leader? I guess when thousands died in 911 in America - they should have shot Bush.

And GEJ caused this since independence - or it should have made it to happen within three years like you mentioned?

Which parameters?

When he became president - he sent in hurricane to wipe the hospitals built since independence?

So he is not responsible for anything but wants a 2nd term.
To do what may i ask?
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by werepeLeri: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
RICHIE BOI:

Absolute Rubbish! angry

Is this a meaningful contribution? The guy iterated what he has seen and you call it rubbish - are you saying all he has mentioned are lies.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by rusher14: 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
[quote author=rusher14][/quote]
So he is not responsible for anything neither would he fix any ill that has been in our society since independence but he wants a 2nd term.
To do what may I ask?
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by werepeLeri: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2012
rusher14:
So he is not responsible for anything neither would he fix any ill that has been in our society since independence but he wants a 2nd term.
To do what may I ask?

Even if he does anything, you will not see it - as you just said, bringing transparent elections is no big deal. So, even if he turns Nigeria into paradise - you will still say no big deal, because to you - you cant be happy because your child didnt steal in one day. They are all default events, you claimed.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by hakymbiyiyaho: 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2012

Good comment forget to include
1) JANUARY 1ST, 2012 GIFT
2) MORE QUES or LINE UP IN OUR FILLING STATIONS
3) REFUSAL TO TO LISTEN TO NBA OVER JUSTICE SALAMI
4) BLA BLA BLA!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by rusher14: 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

Even if he does anything, you will not see it - as you just said, bringing transparent elections is no big deal. So, even if he turns Nigeria into paradise - you will still say no big deal, because to you - you cant be happy because your child didnt steal in one day. They are all default events, you claimed.
You do know that is a fallacy of argument.
To know the effectivness of any government there are key indices one might point to.
Number of jobs created in the last 3 years might be a start.
Infrastructual development programmes (Roads constructed, Dams and Rural electrification projects embarked upon).
Increase in GDP, life expectancy since getting into office. I'm sure you know all these things.
Back to the question of free and fair elections, you do know there were elections conducted before he became vice-president please tell me it wasn't free or fair.
Please provide these facts and then we may start to reconsider his candidacy.
Thanks!!
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by chucky234(m): 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Imagine a nursery school dropout talking about low intellect,too bad you made a foo:l of yourself with dumb debris you gathered above. Chinua Achebe is now your political mouthpiece,what a disgrace you are to your generation,I can only imagine how your parents felt after wasting money on your education only to realized you are no good.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by chucky234(m): 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

Tell us why he is a fraud or sharrap - Quotin El Rufai.
And who gives you the fvcking gut to quote me,if you think you know anything that will prove Okupe otherwise then put here or forever remain silent,besotted chronic goon.
Okupe is a fraud,prove me wrong oloshi.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by werepeLeri: 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
chucky234: And who gives the fvcking gut to quote me,if you think you know anything that will prove Okupe otherwise then put here or forever remain silent,besotted chronic goon.
Okupe is a fraud,prove me wrong oloshi.

You must be high on some cheap paraga - u spew this thrash to make someone think you are intelligent or to make them think you are otherwise?
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by rusher14: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

You must be high on some cheap paraga - u spew this thrash to make someone think you are intelligent or to make them think you are otherwise?
Oga spokesman no vex o!
Please can you furnish us with indices that prove this government has been able to produce an uplift since coming onboard?
I would really appreciate it.
Believe me if these facts are revealed i would shout Jonathan till 20(any number he likes).
Thank you.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
rusher14:
You do know that is a fallacy of argument.
To know the effectivness of any government there are key indices one might point to.
Number of jobs created in the last 3 years might be a start.
Infrastructual development programmes (Roads constructed, Dams and Rural electrification projects embarked upon).
Increase in GDP, life expectancy since getting into office. I'm sure you know all these things.
Back to the question of free and fair elections, you do know there were elections conducted before he became vice-president please tell me it wasn't free or fair.
Please provide these facts and then we may start to reconsider his candidacy.
Thanks!!

It so unfortunate and shameful that you do not see the connection between free and fair elections and your so called indices of effective governance(improved life expectancy, building of dams, creation of jobs,etc). It shows clearly that you cannot see beyond your nose. Since you cannot listen to me, hopefully you may listen to the Great Achebe emphasised the import of FREE AND FAIR elections in his latest book (There was a country). In the chapter where he tried to proffer solutions to Nigeria's problems he stated that “First we have to nurture and strengthen our democratic institutions – and strive for the FREEST and FAIREST elections possible. That will place the true candidates of the people in office,” He writes that this process "can lead to a thriving free press and strong justice system, with checks and balances and corruption-curbing laws NATURALLY finding a footing. He adds: He adds: “A new patriotic consciousness has to be developed… based on an awareness of the responsibility of leaders to the led… and disseminated by civil society, schools and intellectuals. It is from this kind of environment that a leader, HUMBLED by the trust placed upon him by the people, will emerge, willing to use the power given to him for the good of the people.”
On the 2011 polls, Achebe comments: “The last general election in Nigeria was not perfect, but overall it was an improvement over PAST TRAVESTIES that were passed off as elections in Nigeria. Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman,Attahiru Muhammadu Jega, and his team SHOULD BE ALLOWED to build upon the gains of that exercise for the good of the nation.” If you still cannot listen to someone like Achebe then your case is HOPELESS and chronically pathological. A word is enough for the WISE.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by chucky234(m): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

You are dumber than I thought,intelligence is something you are born with,its either you have it or not. Your mumu will kill you,ode.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by rusher14: 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
It so unfortunate and shameful that you do not see the connection between free and fair elections and your so called indices of effective governance(improved life expectancy, building of dams, creation of jobs,etc). It shows clearly that you cannot see beyond your nose. Since you cannot listen to me, hopefully you may listen to the Great Achebe emphasised the import of FREE AND FAIR elections in his latest book (There was a country). In the chapter where he tried to proffer solutions to Nigeria's problems he stated that “First we have to nurture and strengthen our democratic institutions – and strive for the FREEST and FAIREST elections possible. That will place the true candidates of the people in office,” He writes that this process "can lead to a thriving free press and strong justice system, with checks and balances and corruption-curbing laws NATURALLY finding a footing. He adds: He adds: “A new patriotic consciousness has to be developed… based on an awareness of the responsibility of leaders to the led… and disseminated by civil society, schools and intellectuals. It is from this kind of environment that a leader, HUMBLED by the trust placed upon him by the people, will emerge, willing to use the power given to him for the good of the people.”
On the 2011 polls, Achebe comments: “The last general election in Nigeria was not perfect, but overall it was an improvement over PAST TRAVESTIES that were passed off as elections in Nigeria. Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman,Attahiru Muhammadu Jega, and his team SHOULD BE ALLOWED to build upon the gains of that exercise for the good of the nation.” If you still cannot listen to someone like Achebe then your case is HOPELESS and chronically pathological. A word is enough for the WISE.
Sir, I consider the works of Achebe to be that of a sound intellectual mind. But i daresay not all his readers understand him.
I think you have either just found a book which you are overly infatuated with (I really hope this is the case) or you suffer an affliction that might require the combination of a shrink and a diviner.
Achebe may have spoken about the need for free and fair elections I believe i speak for many who yearn for the same.
But scoring a point in an exam from a 100 doesn't a genius make.
Please all i want are indices that point to an upswing in the economy or social standing of many.
Thank you.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by FrankC3: 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
rusher14:

I don't do insults on a faceless public forum. I see it as a sign of weakness. If i have problem, I take it headlong. I did not also put this up make you agree with me. It is my opinion and I am very much on ground to know that it is true.

Lagos you say? Tell me what in Lagos is not Federal government presence. From 3rd mainland bridge to the Apapa port to majority of the infrastructure on the Island. Wait, let the good governance tour get to Lagos, that is if ACN propaganda machine will allow it.I just advice that you don't swallow what Lagos press is feeding you with. Mitt Romney learnt the hard way that Fox News and their likes are not always right.

I advice that you travel out of Lagos and SW to know that this country is far bigger than island and mainland. Follow the good governance tour with an open mind and come up with an independent appraisal of government. That guy up there just listed things that affect him and for which he cast his vote and he is 100% accurate. It is your responsibility to point out why you voted who, measure their performance against those very yardstick. That is what that guy has done. Prove him wrong if you can. Many people like him are presently observing the ongoing gang up. Just like the last election where GEJ lost election to Buhari on Nairaland but won on the field, the same will happen again in 2015 if he decides to run, especially now that people have something close to them to point to and he has accumulated enormous victim outlook by the virtue of Boko Haram and the present National Assembly aggression. Nigerians that vote are watching and they are in the majority.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Ayenero: 6:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
Na Nov 8 2012 we dey, 2015 still far.. Make GEJ do us better by providing the necessary social amenities, employment and youth empowerment, security, stable economy etc and make our country proud. Before we go talk of re-election in 2015.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by anulaxad(m): 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
Frank-C:

okay im new too nairaland born and raised in north london so is my dad but we originate from nigeria and im a succesful econimist i work in canary warf now i have been home too nigeria several times and i have studied the african economy but mostly the west african states NIGERIA ONLY TAKES AT MAXIMUM 12 MONTHS TO DEVELOP a year. the only time nigeria had a contructive boom was obasanjos buhari and yakubus time in 1970s and that was not still good enough. Nigerians need to start using there brains people like abacha ruled for up to eight years stole 250 billions us dollars and got away with it he killed so many people (he was a dictator) some of my family was killed becuase there were trying to stand up and fight for there rights.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arthur Eze Supports Obiano's Govt With $1 Million Dollars (photos) / Detained Blogger, Musa Azare, Released / Ohanaeze Didn’t Approve Any Guber Candidate For Lagos – Nwodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.