Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos (12301 Views)

One Dies As Danfo Bus & Okada Rider Collide At Tincan Apapa (Graphic Photos) / Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos / 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by topsyking: 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
Many passengers escaped death when two trains collided in Lagos on Wednesday.

Four people were however injured.

It was learnt that the accident was due to the absence of signal operator at the Mushin Station terminus in Lagos.

An eyewitness, who identified herself simply as Bisi, said when one of the trains, which was coming from Ijoko in Ogun State got to the terminus, it stopped for passengers to disembark.

Bisi added that as the Iddo-bound train driver was waiting to be cleared, the train coming from Iddo rammed into it.

It was gathered that the signal operator had gone to defecate and asked his assistant to take over but his assistant forgot, leading to the collision.

A trader near the rail track, Ngozi Nelson, told PUNCH Metro that the accident occurred because the train operators were not properly guided.

She said, “The train from Iddo was coming with high speed unknown to the driver that there was another train on the track.

“By the time the driver got to where the train was stationed waiting for direction, his brakes failed.”

A tailor in the area, who craved anonymity, said the impact of the accident threw the entire neighbourhood into chaos.

“We thought it was a bomb blast. It was when we got there that we found out it was train collision. Some passengers sustained injuries. But I do not think anybody died,” he said.

The man, who looked downcast, said the accident was unfortunate.

“The trains have been removed as you can see. It was not as serious as people exaggerated,” he said.

As at 2pm when one of our correspondents was leaving the terminus, officials of the corporation were clearing some of the debris of the accident.

Meanwhile, the management of Nigerian Railway Corporation has confirmed the accident.

The NRC Assistant Director Public Relations, Mr. David Ndakotsu, in a statement on Wednesday, said no one died in the accident.

He said, “The two trains involved in the accident at Mushin Railway Station were mass transit trains, one coming from Iddo to Ijoko and the other from Ijoko to Iddo.

“There were no fatalities. However, three out of the four injured persons were treated at Railway Clinic and have since been discharged.

“The NRC management has since set up a committee to investigate the cause of the accident. Normal services have since resumed in Lagos.”
in Lagos.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/four-injured-as-trains-collide-in-lagos/

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by topsyking: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Kx: 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
Thank God okada no longer operates.
They would have blamed it on "reckless" okada riders.

3 Likes

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by topsyking: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2012
Kx: Thank God okada no longer operates.
They would have blamed it on "reckless" okada riders.
Yes my broda o..they would av linked dem to d accident
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Odunnu: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2012
This kinda story make me angry!

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by topsyking: 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2012
I once thought this kind of accident only happens in INDIA and pakistan..where lot of pple enter train...but I was surprise that it happen for the first time in lagos..something must be wrong somewhere...
ONLY GOD NOS HOW LONG IT WILL LAGOS GOVT TO REMOVE IT FROM D RAIL..just as it take almost 2years to bring down bank of industry building that collapse half way then..
God help us
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by pastormustwacc: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
Lawd!
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by olusola200: 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
NOBODY IS ABOVE MISTAKE,IT HAPPEN EVERYWHERE UK. US JAPAN INDIA ........... THANK GOD NO MUCH DEATH
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by sconsults: 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
[size=18pt]Dont blame them,this accident was caused by a demon called santoparatani who is hungry for blood.i tried to prevent him but i did not have enough spiritual support but managed to limit the harm to only 4 people. He is on his way to itobe in kogi state now but i will surely stop him[/size]
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Lordave: 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
Na so we go take be like Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Kslib(m): 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking:

It was gathered that the signal operator had gone to defecate and asked his assistant to take over but his assistant forgot, leading to the collision.

But i sure say he "remember run for im life"... Haba..Person wey get mental problem no suppose dey do dat kind of job....

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by seedord247(m): 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
sconsults: [size=18pt]Dont blame them,this accident was caused by a demon called santoparatani who is hungry for blood.i tried to prevent him but i did not have enough spiritual support but managed to limit the harm to only 4 people. He is on his way to itobe in kogi state now but i will surely stop him[/size]

Did you take overdose today?

2 Likes

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sick and tired of tragic news in Nigeria[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by dejiswaggs(m): 8:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
I'm very happy that no life was actually lost..

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
Thank GOD, no death.

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by ask4double(m): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
sconsults: [size=18pt]Dont blame them,this accident was caused by a demon called santoparatani who is hungry for blood.i tried to prevent him but i did not have enough spiritual support but managed to limit the harm to only 4 people. He is on his way to itobe in kogi state now but i will surely stop him[/size]
like seriously, are u ok?

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Venchy: 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking: I once thought this kind of accident only happens in INDIA and pakistan..where lot of pple enter train...but I was surprise that it happen for the first time in lagos..something must be wrong somewhere...
ONLY GOD NOS HOW LONG IT WILL LAGOS GOVT TO REMOVE IT FROM D RAIL..just as it take almost 2years to bring down bank of industry building that collapse half way then..
God help us

Accident can happen anywhere in the world as it has happen in UK before, it's usually a human error in other words, it could negligent or inadequate training.

My worries are no lack if medical facilities to respond quickly to such things in Nigeria as our TYPICAL LEADERS are full of greed and lack focus.
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by omiobo: 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2012
gringringringringrin. The operator go defecate after him don chop moi moi,watery beans with garri
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by topsyking: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2012
The trains haven't been removed yet...I don't no wat d govt is waiting for
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking: It was learnt that the accident was due to the absence of signal operator at the Mushin Station terminus in Lagos.

Na wa o, in the year 2012 we still use manual signalling?

2 Likes

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking: The trains haven't been removed yet...I don't no wat d govt is waiting for

Do you always have to wait for Government to do something? tongue tongue tongue tongue lol!
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
The Nigerian story.. Negligence..

If we had an automated system, this could have been avoided.

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by dadicvila(m): 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
can you imagine,they told the I.diot assistant to do what he is being paid to do but he forgot....if any life was lost he would have been arraingned in court for involuntry manslaughter...i hate it when people take their job for granted
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by dridowu: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
So Grateful to God
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
I hope your retaarded governor would ban trains as well. Apparently, they are not safe means of transportation. Buffoons - all of them in Alausa.
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okada dey get accident
Cars dey get accident
Aeroplane na once in a while we dey hear plane crash
Now na Train??
Shey na Leg we go dey use now? Even to trekk no safe because you fit dey okada,car,aeroplane or train fit come jam you!
Wahala dey o!
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 08, 2012
2012,Manual control? Gosh! Can u beat that? Seriously we need divine help to solve our problems in this country,this is stupid human error.
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by nagoma(m): 9:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
When did train service begin and how many trains are actually working to warrant collisions?

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by pendusky(m): 9:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
cry
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Beync(f): 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
A committee had been set up to remove the trains

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by takedat(m): 9:49pm On Nov 08, 2012
pro01: I hope your retaarded governor would ban trains as well. Apparently, they are not safe means of transportation. Buffoons - all of them in Alausa.
Mumu, so NRC belongs to Lagos state government abi?
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Sirmee(m): 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2012

It was learnt that the accident was due to the absence of signal operator at the Mushin Station terminus in Lagos .

If this is true, the assistant should be fired

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Forgotten Your Change With A Bus Conductor? / Getting A Gabon Visa / Bird'seye Views Of World Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.