Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) (2456 Views)

FEC Holds Valedictory Session For Ocholi / Valedictory Session Of The 7th Senate (pictures) / Valedictory Session Of The Federal Executive Council (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Onlytruth(m): 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
Igbo kwenu!
Igbo, nma nma nu!
Igbo muo, baa nu, rie nu !
Igbo kwezuonu!

It shall be well with Ndigbo! cool

Umunne m, na ndi nwe mmadu, ana m ekele unu nile!

I chose this date to address you because I wanted to have at least ONE month to discuss all the issues which I hope should move us forward in the future.
I shall reserve some spaces after this speech to address some of the things I forgot to add to the body of the speech because I do not want to modify the body of this speech as much as possible.
So here we go!

Introduction

It has been a privilege to serve you and to contribute my little quota to the advancement of the Igbo consciousness. It has been a valued and cherished honor to have contributed to the development of a well grounded Igbo opinion in this forum, and hopefully around the world by leveraging the power of the internet. I shall forever remain grateful for your support, followership and counsel throughout this tenure. In this valedictory address, I shall attempt to discuss all relevant and salient issues facing the Igbo nation. I shall make statements based on personal findings, open truths (self evidenced facts), educational and historical information, and information gleaned from constant comradeship with my council members.
Before continuing, I wish to congratulate us all for successfully creating the position of “Eze” -an opinion leadership institution in Nairaland- the first of its kind in this forum. No matter what anyone may say; no matter how the idea has been perceived or received by anyone; what can never be questioned is the fact that we Ndigbo did it first here. Not just that we did it, we did it very well, and for nearly one year, we basically spoke with one voice in Nairaland to the envy of our detractors and rivals. The enormity of this achievement can only be measured by the fact that NO OTHER GROUP HAS ACHIEVED THE SAME FEAT till date. We saw some try (though indirectly), they failed even before starting. As a matter of fact, Ndigbo in Nairaland are the only organized group in this forum. It only shows that what we achieved is not a mean feat.

Igbo kwenu! cool

At this stage I wish to introduce subtopics of issues that I will discuss in this address.

They are as follows:

(1) My achievements/ failures in office
(2) Problems I encountered in office and how to solve it
(3) Issues surrounding Igbo attitudes towards our own (brothers, sister, region etc)
(4) What Igbo need from the Nigeria
(5) Igbo style republicanism and how to channel it to good use
(6) The need for a sustained cultural revolution to neutralize social bottlenecks such as Osu

My Achievements/ Failures in Office

Successes: I believe that my greatest achievement in office is to give credibility to the idea of an Eze here. I did it by towing a very deliberate and careful methodology that constantly gauged the Igbo opinion pulse and offering a credible direction to that pulse.
It is an intricate exercise which only few individuals can handle, Ndigbo being a highly vibrant and egalitarian group. I remember vividly that the idea was ridiculed when it was floated by one of us –PointB in 2011. Though I was initially reluctant to take on this nascent (at the time) office, I quickly rose to the challenge of leadership, set the agenda, created a council and started work almost immediately in January 2012. By the middle of the year, there was no doubt whatsoever that there is an Eze Ndigbo in this forum. Even newly registered Igbo were quickly informed by others that we have an Eze here, and the ones I interacted with quickly bought into the idea, even as some of them joined the council. At a stage, I had to stop accepting new council members because I needed a small but effective working group. We then set out to organize an offline version of our movement and called it Eastern Nigeria Youths Initiative (ENYI). We set a task of embarking on a cultural revolution in Igboland, to defeat all social ills that hold us back as a great nation. We (my council) decided that ENYI should not be for all comers; it should be by invitation only. ENYI is still taking root gradually and our program will roll out in full force once we complete the foundation offline. We also decided to separate ENYI from Nairaland as much as possible.

Failures: It is my honest belief that I am limited by the fact that I do not live in Nigeria. Whatever information I act on is provided by third party and that, IMHO, can never be enough. My only saving grace has been that I have a very good source of information from Nigeria, but nothing beats being there in person: sights and sounds, smells and even tastes! That is part of why I try my best not to dwell on a fixed position on every issue at all times, except issues that has nothing to do with being physically present in Nigeria. In the future, I would advise that Eze Ndigbo should not only live in Nigeria, but live in IGBOLAND.

Problems encountered

I say this with every sense of responsibility, that it has been a miracle how we were able to make this office significant and relevant. It is an open truth that the Eze is only relevant for as long as he is doing the bidding of the majority of Ndigbo in this forum. Due to the nature of this office –the fact that the Eze has no real powers – there is no room for accommodation of minority opinions. It is what it is, and those who don’t like it may have to wait until they join ENYI or other OFFLINE organization. The only power available to the Eze is the power of “Igwe bu ike” –group is strength. So, how can minority constitute the “Igwe” in this context? Can such minority ever overwhelm the majority in this context? I think not. So, the Eze, must align with “Igwe” or be shouted out of office. Simple. It is a “problem” I encountered, but I have accepted it for what it is.

The second problem is closely related, and it is the habit of insulting the Eze for not doing what an individual prefers. We can disagree with the Eze, but insulting the Eze only insults his office, and the office is not his in the first place; so any insult on the Eze is an insult on Ndigbo Nairaland. Period. I will continue to insist that we must learn how to follow because following is as important as leading; and the first sign that someone is a poor follower manifests in the way the person deals with disagreements with the Eze.

The next problem is the habit of joining outsiders (non-Igbos) to attack Igboland, or the Eze, or Ndigbo Nairaland. This invidious habit is part of why we lost the war in Biafra.
I shed tears when I read how Ojukwu’s location was being communicated to the Nigerian military by some Igbo saboteurs. It was not enough that they were against Biafra, they had to work with the enemy outside to make attempts at Ojukwu’s life. I see the same tendency among some Igbo here, and they even do it with a bold face.
Umuigbo, ubochi obula Ndigbo nwuru, onye obula n’eme udiri omume ahu mara na obara Umuigbo nile di ya n’isi. Chukwu abiama ga ekpochapu ezi n’ulo onye obula n’eme ya! Onye obula n’eme ya chegharia mgbe oge ka di! angry cool

I shall give you a clue to know when you have started going too far in working against your own. Once you notice that people who have for YEARS posted anti-Igbo comments on Nairaland are suddenly “liking” your comments and supporting you, nwanne, jie break lee anya n’azu. Chighaa azu! Onweghi ka onye iro Ndigbo buru ezigbo enyi gi! Onweghi! A carmel would have to pass through the eye of a needle before that happens!
I have seen it for many years, from my Uni days to now. If a leopard suddenly starts cheering an antelope, know that the days of the antelope are numbered. Nuff said there.
I want to put it on record that I have attempted to initiate action towards ensuring that no Igbo son or daughter would insult, ridicule or trample upon the Eze and Ndigbo in this forum with impunity. The effort is ongoing and I will continue working on it till Decemeber 31, 2012..

Issues surrounding Igbo attitudes towards Igboland

My people, we can all agree that the Nigerian nation has been unfair to the Igbo nation. I do not want to recall how we have been excluded by the civil war victors from participating fully in the leadership of the Nigerian state. A good chunk of the problems we encounter in Igboland today has been as a result of being part of the warped Nigerian nation. The Nigerian nation makes little sense in structure or administration, and has been sustained by force of arms. As a defeated people, we had no choice than to imbibe and live by some of the strangest norms known to us.
As recently as the early eighties, Igboland never had open wealth exhibitionism and human worship. We looked at other regions who practiced them with a certain level of suspicion and laughed at them, but today, the same ills have found their ways into Igboland, causing all sorts of problems for which we are not culturally equipped to handle: kidnapping, grand theft, massive corruption and embezzlement of public funds, rape of old people, religious extortion, convoluted chains of titles, and do or die politics leading to assassinations of political opponents.

Perhaps the greatest ill facing Igboland has been the massive exodus out of Igboland to other places, after we had waited fruitlessly for an international airport or gateway.
We invest in our areas of domicile (naturally) but in doing so abandoned Igboland almost completely, thereby starving it of badly needed investments. The investments would have created jobs for our increasing number of graduate youths. The unemployed youths sit at home without jobs, and then watch as air-headed returnees show off during celebrations, influenced by strange cultures acquired from outside. The result has been the unending menace of kidnapping.

What baffles me most is the difficulty with which we have made a connection between our showy behaviors and the kidnapping menace in Igboland. I took time to research this issue very thoroughly. My finding? There is no way you would be kidnapped if you behaved like some of our fathers did. The “original Igbo man” would NEVER allow you to know how rich he was (back in the days of our fathers). These days, just a little money makes us go gaga. I learned a lot from my own father who never owned just one bank account or even one class of asset. Common sense is all we need for kidnapping to die a natural death! Drop foreign culture. Be Igbo, through and through! Nuff said on that too.

What Igbo need from the Nigeria

I was born after the civil war, but I have seen ALL the impacts of the civil war. All the Igbo born after the civil war were not, and are not supposed to know (by the way Nigeria treats Igbo and Igboland) that there was a civil war. The civil war was supposed to be a mere historical event, and nothing more, especially in light of the “no victor, no vanquished” doctrine of the Gowon regime. The 3 Rs was supposed to have completely integrated Ndigbo into the Nigerian national scheme of things. It did not happen. To make matters worse, it has not happened even till today! Now, fast forward 42 years after the war, the Biafran question has returned, and in full force! IMHO these would NEVER have happened had the Nigerian victors done what they promised in the 3 Rs; but that is not what happened. What happened was that the victors set out to design a Nigeria to subjugate, contain and cage 25% of her own population. How the civil war victors managed to convince themselves that it is possible to cage Ndigbo in Nigeria remains a mystery to me. So, here we are!

My job here though is to articulate what we Ndigbo want from Nigeria, going by my extensive interaction with Ndigbo both online and offline:

Ndigbo DEMANDS that Nigeria MUST treat Ndigbo as FULL citizens of Nigeria who are free, and should be supported and protected to live freely in any part of Nigeria, ascend the presidency of Nigeria, and receive ALL commensurate federal infrastructure which other zones have taken for granted for many years;

OR

Igbo nation wants to secede from Nigeria to form a nation of her own.

My hunch tells me that we would prefer the latter than the former, but I know we can live with the former if given an honest attempt. However, we MUST have ONE or the OTHER.

Igbo style republicanism and how to channel it to good use

At the center of Igbo republicanism is the concept of “onye obula bu eze na ulo ya” –every man is king in his own house. It is for this reason that the kolanut must return to the owner of the house after it has been presented and passed around with a saying “oji eze di eze n’aka”. So, basically we are all “Ezes”; but that is where it ends, because there is no practicable way for everybody to be king. It is only a symbolic demonstration of our egalitarianism, because the same Igbo would say “Na nwoke na ibe ya ha bu n’onu” –that all men are equal is mere rant! So, in essence, our republicanism is more complex than it is often shown to be. For me, our strength can be found in the relationship between each individual and his obligation to the group. Each individual owe a certain debt to the group, and only a fool would ignore such debt. In the olden days, anyone who ignored group obligation was either driven out of the land, ostracized, or (when slave traders showed up) sold into slavery. Therefore our republicanism was never unbridled. That is why “igwe bu ike” and “umunna bu ike” are age old philosophical statements in Igboland. It served us very well in our darkest days in Biafra; it will serve us today and always. It should be nurtured, redesigned and reinvigorated to fit into modern era.

Onye obula bu eze n’ulo ya, mana igwe bu ike! undecided cool cool cool

The need for a sustained cultural revolution

It needs repeating that we the youths of Igboland must push evil strange cultures out of Igboland. ALL OF THEM. If you all look closely, you would notice that certain strange illnesses never endured in Igboland. There is a reason for that! We Igbo are led by some of the most conservative moral ethics found among African groups. It serves us well, and our culture evolves constantly to acquire good foreign cultures even as we repudiate bad ones. Due to the nature of things in Nigeria, we need to fight harder to keep the intents of our cultural core intact. As far as I’m concerned all Nigerian socio-cultural and political ills are what we Ndigbo call “aru”. You can call it whatever you like; it is the good old aru which brings all sorts of problems to the land. We must reject them. At the core of our culture are: peace, justice, equality, humility, hardwork, honest income, being content with what we have, not coveting our neighbor, not plotting to kill, strong belief in live and let live.
One of the greatest problem facing our unity as Igbo nation is the wicked culture of Osu which strikes at everything we believe in as Ndigbo. As a man with deep belief in the practice of the golden rule, I wonder for how long we shall allow such practice to endure in Igboland. This problem ties into other problems facing Igboland such as too many women not marrying at all. The result is that some of these women end up marrying some of our biggest enemies in the Nigerian nation. I know that people can find love in any place, and I have seen some marriages across tribal lines in Nigeria based on love. However, there is a healthy percentage of those who marry Igbo women as “war booty” or something of that nature. Having studied the psychology of some of these enemies, I can state without any fear that a lot of times they marry these Igbo ladies who couldn’t break the Osu yoke. Why should our sisters be forced to leave Igboland just because of some stupid ancient practice? Onye obula si kwa oburu ya! We MUST pull down the Osu stronghold in Igboland, BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY. I am confident that this practice will not be sustained by our children. There is a strategic reason to prioritize the war against all forms of discrimination in Igboland. Our unity will never be complete without it, and our strength depends on our unity.

Finally, I wish to thank you all for your prayers and support throughout my reign. I urge you to extend the same to my successor.
Thank you and God bless.

Signed,

Onlytruth, Ndu di n’eziokwu 1 of Igboland. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Onlytruth(m): 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
Succession:

I am currently working with our Eze elect (Odum) to "debrief" him on some of my works. I am very confident that he will serve Ndigbo with the same level of passion and fire with which I have served. We are currently putting heads together to create a better system of elections, sanctions and succession which should enjoy the support of our people.

Please make sure you make suggestions as to HOW we can continue to unify Ndigbo using the office of the Eze.

Igbo kwenu! grin cool
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Onlytruth(m): 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
My take on the Ezenwanyi Nairaland:

Umuigbo, I understand the need for a leader of Umu ada Ndigbo in this place. I do not understand the DUAL position of an ELECTED Ezenwanyi. The leadership role is important, but the position is like killing a fly with a sledge hammer. So, I would have prefered that the position falls under the direct prerogative of the incumbent Eze. He is supposed to chose ANY woman who (by his own personal conclusions) would work very well with him.

As for the choice of oguguo88, I believe that we should allow her to first start work, monitor her for a few months and then decide whether to remove her or not.
I (like every full nwa afo Igbo) have my opinions about her, but my position bares me from discussing them openly, at least for now.

So, bottomline is that we should allow her to start work first.Nsi adighi ano n'afo esi isi! I am working with my council members to design a code of conduct for the Eze and the Ezenwanyi.
Let's move on please.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Onlytruth(m): 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
I wish to talk about the expected role of churches and other religious institutions in Igboland. I have to state that churches in Igboland (the one I can talk about) have veered off course from the direction which Jesus Christ himself set it. Let me state early enough that I may not have the whole information, but I know that my village church in Nnewi is more interested in my donations, financial contributions, and monetary support, than it cares about my source of income or financial health. I had an experience over the weekened whereby my local church "expected" a certain amount of money from me. Well, knowing that I have not been home for years, I wondered how it came to know how much I could afford to give. So, I set out to find out what my church planned to do with the money. As far as I'm concerned, the most important project that should be funded (apart from pastor's salary) is evangelism. I can also live with funding a community development project like a healthcare center, a school (which should offer free education to immediate catchement area), and maybe expansion of church infrastructure (if necessary). I have not seen much evidence of these. I could be wrong though, but my third sense never fails me in these types of things.
Perhaps my biggest worry is that the churches drive for funds with total disregard for ascertaining means of livelihood and income, and in so doing create a new form of problem whereby poor people are not able to serve God with their leadership talents, since the voice of donors would invariably dominate decision making processes of the church. I've heard about people who left the villages just because of constant church pressures for funds, and I've also heard of those who stopped attending churches altogether. That then brings me to a very important quote from the Bible. Matthews Chapter 11 vs 28 - 30; “Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

So, placing myself in the shoes of a poor man in the village and imagining the immense pressure to meet church financial burdens, I asked myself; would Jesus impose such heavy burden on his followers? In all the years of his ministry, how many times did he task his followers to contribute anything to him? He never owned worldly assets. His greatest assets were his followers and he served them, even washing the feet of the disciples once.

I am in support of financial support to the church, but it should be done in such a way as not to place a heavy burden on the children of God thereby driving them away from the church and the villages. I decided that I shall take up this issue with the Bishop of Nnewi Diocese when I can, but the same problem can also be found in other parts of Igboland. Our clergy should not be riding SUVs on the backs of the lay members. It is unChristian.

1 Like

Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Onlytruth(m): 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
Reserved.

I'll be back later.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by LoveDecay(m): 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
Please, when you have alot to say on the internet - start with a summary so atleast we can get an idea of what your saying.

And, if we like it ... we may continue to read your final year project !

4 Likes

Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Onlytruth(m): 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
Love_Decay: Please, when you have alot to say on the internet - start with a summary so atleast we can get an idea of what your saying.

And, if we like it ... we may continue to read your final year project !

So what is this:

Onlytruth:

Introduction

It has been a privilege to serve you and to contribute my little quota to the advancement of the Igbo consciousness. It has been a valued and cherished honor to have contributed to the development of a well grounded Igbo opinion in this forum, and hopefully around the world by leveraging the power of the internet. I shall forever remain grateful for your support, followership and counsel throughout this tenure. In this valedictory address, I shall attempt to discuss all relevant and salient issues facing the Igbo nation. I shall make statements based on personal findings, open truths (self evidenced facts), educational and historical information, and information gleaned from constant comradeship with my council members.
Before continuing, I wish to congratulate us all for successfully creating the position of “Eze” -an opinion leadership institution in Nairaland- the first of its kind in this forum. No matter what anyone may say; no matter how the idea has been perceived or received by anyone; what can never be questioned is the fact that we Ndigbo did it first here. Not just that we did it, we did it very well, and for nearly one year, we basically spoke with one voice in Nairaland to the envy of our detractors and rivals. The enormity of this achievement can only be measured by the fact that NO OTHER GROUP HAS ACHIEVED THE SAME FEAT till date. We saw some try (though indirectly), they failed even before starting. As a matter of fact, Ndigbo in Nairaland are the only organized group in this forum. It only shows that what we achieved is not a mean feat.

At this stage I wish to introduce subtopics of issues that I will discuss in this address.

They are as follows:

(1) My achievements/ failures in office
(2) Problems I encountered in office and how to solve it
(3) Issues surrounding Igbo attitudes towards our own (brothers, sister, region etc)
(4) What Igbo need from the Nigeria
(5) Igbo style republicanism and how to channel it to good use
(6) The need for a sustained cultural revolution to neutralize social bottlenecks such as Osu

My Achievements/ Failures in Office

You meant to say that you are not literate enough to read.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by AndreUweh(m): 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
Eze Onlytruth, Onye nwe anyi nonyere gi.
Thanks for the wondrous speech. You have really done well as the first Eze of this noble forum. Your ideas were really appreciated as well as your innovations. Its a pity I did not play a major role in the cabinet, but as you know I was handling some projects in my native state for Owelle. As a result, time was never my friend then.
You still have about 7 weeks to relinquish power and I feel some of the good jobs you started will be completed by then.
As it is now, we need your expertise on some of the issues tearing UmuIgbo apart on line and in this forum. There is no better person to resolve the conflict at hand now e.g Those for Ogugua and those against her.
On the issue of Osu, we should target religious leaders in Igboland for a partnership oh how to abolish this obnoxious stigma.
More to come later.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Onlytruth(m): 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
Andre Uweh: Eze Onlytruth, Onye nwe anyi nonyere gi.
Thanks for the wondrous speech. You have really done well as the first Eze of this noble forum. Your ideas were really appreciated as well as your innovations. Its a pity I did not play a major role in the cabinet, but as you know I was handling some projects in my native state for Owelle. As a result, time was never my friend then.
You still have about 7 weeks to relinquish power and I feel some of the good jobs you started will be completed by then.
As it is now, we need your expertise on some of the issues tearing UmuIgbo apart on line and in this forum. There is no better person to resolve the conflict at hand now e.g Those for Ogugua and those against her.
On the issue of Osu, we should target religious leaders in Igboland for a partnership oh how to abolish this obnoxious stigma.
More to come later.

Thanks my brother. I completely understand your handicap in working with us. My brother it is not easy! I will head to that thread now. I have been very very busy joggling several projects. I just saw that thread this morning.

1 Like

Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by nduchucks: 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
Good speech.

Would you care to explain your omission and lack of mention of the Eze nwanyi elect? How can you fail to mention her in a Valedictory speech Secondly, you need to go and execise your authority on the thread where Igbo people are being disgraced with the call for Ogugua's impeachment.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by AndreUweh(m): 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
ndu_chucks: Good speech.

Would you care to explain your omission and lack of mention of the Eze nwanyi elect? How can you fail to mention her in a Valedictory speech Secondly, you need to go and execise your authority on the thread where Igbo people are being disgraced with the call for Ogugua's impeachment.
As you can see, he reserved some spaces which he will surely come back to fill as he promised.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by semid4lyfe(m): 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2012
Pops into thread and leaves quietly. . . . .
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by dayokanu(m): 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
Senseless speech

Onlylies, You failed and your people booted you out
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by PointB: 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
Again our premier Eze inspires us which his passion and commitment.

I must agree with him that our journey which started like a joke has morphed into a big force to reckon with. I must give kudos to OnlyTruth for seeing the potential in Eze Ndi Igbo and helping to birth it to powerful force for good that it has grown become.

Yet we must not relent, we must continue to nurture it. Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland is an idea whose time has come, and we are not giving up on it despite some of inherent weakness. On this note, and in continuation of the process of fine tuning, I enjoin Umu Igbo to spend so of their time on the fine tuning exercise. Let's go there!

[url]https://www.nairaland.com/1097552/eze-ndi-igbo-nairaland-electoral
[/url]
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
Do you care to explain why in a bid to defend Igbo cause, you and subjects relegate to perpetuating ethnic bigotry? Or is there no plausible way to defend your cause without acquiring a sense of ethnocentrism?

3 Likes

Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by dayokanu(m): 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
stillwater: Do you care to explain why in a bid to defend Igbo cause, you and subjects relegate to perpetuating ethnic bigotry? Or is there no plausible way to defend your cause without acquiring a sense of ethnocentrism?

I am certain they would question your ethnicity and parentage with this question you just asked
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by CyberG: 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
OnlyLIES and all his BS nonsense! You failed miserably and that is why even your ibo audience don't give a shaite about this your long epistle and they ignored it. A few pseudo-iboz propping your non-performance like Yaradua and Gaffeluck will not change anything after 1 year even if you blame the fact that you live far away under a big rock!
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by sugar001(f): 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
You actually typed all that?..... And am expected to read it? shocked
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by ODUANEGRO: 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
Onlytruth,

Good stewardship and accountability. I like your report and I have questionsfor you on many of the assigments you reported on. These questions will no doubt create second guesses on your leadership and so in saving grace I will restrain myself from starting a revolt. I do want to comment that this your report is an insult to Nairaland.

I say this because you as the leader of ndigbos in NL demonstrated, even online, the same set of principles and spirit that leaders of alaigbo use to discriminate against their own sons and daughters of the osu outcast. You created a separate and hidden agenda forum from which to pursue your online interests in NL. That's reasonable, in fact I cant understand that you only just started that last year....but the criteria for inclusion is selective and angled against igbo osus. You only accept certain class of Igbos. What a shame!! You must repair that going forward.

Another observation I made is the judgement behind the report itself. If I were you I would circulate it in igbo language. The whole point of creating ENYI is to keep the nonIgbos from your business. So why bring the report of that business back to share with them in a language they can read and undrstand? You should have either not given a Nairaland report of what you did in ENYI or if you must report it in nl, then it should have been a for-your-eyes-only distribution to ndigbos.

Anyway, Congrats on your term . : wink
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Onlytruth(m): 12:49am On Nov 09, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO: Onlytruth,

Good stewardship and accountability. I like your report and I have questionsfor you on many of the assigments you reported on. These questions will no doubt create second guesses on your leadership and so in saving grace I will restrain myself from starting a revolt. I do want to comment that this your report is an insult to Nairaland.

I say this because you as the leader of ndigbos in NL demonstrated, even online, the same set of principles and spirit that leaders of alaigbo use to discriminate against their own sons and daughters of the osu outcast. You created a separate and hidden agenda forum from which to pursue your online interests in NL. That's reasonable, in fact I cant understand that you only just started that last year....but the criteria for inclusion is selective and angled against igbo osus. You only accept certain class of Igbos. What a shame!! You must repair that going forward.

Another observation I made is the judgement behind the report itself. If I were you I would circulate it in igbo language. The whole point of creating ENYI is to keep the nonIgbos from your business. So why bring the report of that business back to share with them in a language they can read and undrstand? You should have either not given a Nairaland report of what you did in ENYI or if you must report it in nl, then it should have been a for-your-eyes-only distribution to ndigbos.

All your advice is well taken. Thanks.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Onlytruth(m): 12:50am On Nov 09, 2012
I have added one more issue above (the role of the Church). Read and reflect.
Thanks.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 09, 2012
poor things
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by odumchi: 5:37am On Nov 09, 2012
I say this because you as the leader of ndigbos in NL demonstrated, even online, the same set of principles and spirit that leaders of alaigbo use to discriminate against their own sons and daughters of the osu outcast.

Anyway, this is not the time for this. What a nice and interesting post, Eze.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by OgidiBoy(m): 5:44am On Nov 09, 2012
*** standing ovation for onlytruth my true EZE IGBO ONE OF NAIRALAND*****

@onlytruth jokes aside,has it ever downed on you to run for political office in Nigeria some day ? bros you sound so convincing.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by OgidiBoy(m): 5:53am On Nov 09, 2012

Not fair, not every Igbo person knows how to read or write in Igbo, some of use grew up in the north and never knew how to read or write Igbo.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by 9jaIhail(m): 10:05am On Nov 09, 2012
What a great speech from a great Leader.

Honestly i some how not happy that i didn't cast my vote to you during the election in 2011 but through your leadership style i forced my self to join your team because you are a progressive mind someone.Having said that i did not regret voting to Andrew uweh and High Chief as i am certainly sure both of them are another great igbo sons who has the capacity to move us high if opportunity given to them.

Onlytruth thank you for your good work. We believe that you have set the ball rolling for our incoming Ezes.

God Bless you and Bless all igbos both in Nigeria and abroad.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Kc3000: 4:55am On Nov 21, 2012
[b]Onlytruth, I don't care what the haters say, you're that dude! Your leadership in this past year has been nothing short of inspirational. I love Ndigbo with all my being, and I doff my hat to you for providing the much needed leadership to Ndigbo on this forum. Ndigbo took a leap of faith when we chose you as our mouthpiece on this forum, and my brother, you have not disappointed me. Whenever Ndigbo needed to be heard, you expressed our collective opinion as eloquently and emphatically as you have always done. Indeed, Odumchi has his work cut out for him, in trying to sustain the pace that you have set. I'm hopeful that he would deliver.
I've been absent from this forum for a minute, and I was determined to stay away, but I must confess that it's most unfair to leave the burden of Igbo affairs here to just a few. I hope to lend my voice to any matter that affects the progress of Ndigbo, to the best of my capabilities. I have a lot of confidence in the present generation of Igbo youths, and if there's anything I learnt in my foray in nairaland, it's that the Igbo Spirit is alive and well, despite the challenges we face in Nigeria. I hope we carry everyone along, even as minor disagreements might occur, as we forcefully march into a glorious future for Ndigbo, and Nigeria in general. Once again, nwannem nwoke, I have no problem in giving credit where it is long overdue. You are not alone in this uphill journey, WE ARE HERE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. Igbo kwenu!!!!!!!!!![/b]

3 Likes

Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Blazay(m): 5:30am On Nov 21, 2012
Bye Bye Yooooo. . . You will not be missed by me especially.
Go and 'de-bigotize' your soul.
Being both a religious and an ethnic bigot is really a damned situation for anyone.
Wishing you all the best. . .STATUS-POST your cyber irrelevance! kiss

You are one hell of a bigot!
Good riddance to BIAFRA! kiss
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by Osiris211: 6:48am On Nov 21, 2012
Poor sod he was, ONLY_IDIOTIC CATTLEFUCKER wuruwuru 1 of nairaland. I wish his burger flipping boss could just end his misery by putting a bullet hole through his bigoted brain.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by PointB: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2012
Kc3000: [b]Onlytruth, I don't care what the haters say, you're that dude! Your leadership in this past year has been nothing short of inspirational. I love Ndigbo with all my being, and I doff my hat to you for providing the much needed leadership to Ndigbo on this forum. Ndigbo took a leap of faith when we chose you as our mouthpiece on this forum, and my brother, you have not disappointed me. Whenever Ndigbo needed to be heard, you expressed our collective opinion as eloquently and emphatically as you have always done. Indeed, Odumchi has his work cut out for him, in trying to sustain the pace that you have set. I'm hopeful that he would deliver.
I've been absent from this forum for a minute, and I was determined to stay away, but I must confess that it's most unfair to leave the burden of Igbo affairs here to just a few. I hope to lend my voice to any matter that affects the progress of Ndigbo, to the best of my capabilities. I have a lot of confidence in the present generation of Igbo youths, and if there's anything I learnt in my foray in nairaland, it's that the Igbo Spirit is alive and well, despite the challenges we face in Nigeria. I hope we carry everyone along, even as minor disagreements might occur, as we forcefully march into a glorious future for Ndigbo, and Nigeria in general. Once again, nwannem nwoke, I have no problem in giving credit where it is long overdue. You are not alone in this uphill journey, WE ARE HERE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. Igbo kwenu!!!!!!!!!![/b]

1000 likes!
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by 9jaIhail(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
Kc3000: [b]Onlytruth, I don't care what the haters say, you're that dude! Your leadership in this past year has been nothing short of inspirational. I love Ndigbo with all my being, and I doff my hat to you for providing the much needed leadership to Ndigbo on this forum. Ndigbo took a leap of faith when we chose you as our mouthpiece on this forum, and my brother, you have not disappointed me. Whenever Ndigbo needed to be heard, you expressed our collective opinion as eloquently and emphatically as you have always done. Indeed, Odumchi has his work cut out for him, in trying to sustain the pace that you have set. I'm hopeful that he would deliver.

You said it all. Onlytruth has done very well so far no one can deny that.
Re: Valedictory Speech By The Outgoing Eze Ndigbo (onlytruth) by AndreUweh(m): 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
What is going on now. I remember we do have a new Eze Ndigbo nairaland. When is his tenure starting?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: Operation Deny GEJ 25% Northern Votes / Nigeria At 54: Nigerian Leaders So Far. / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.