Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters (11047 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Security, Power Or Electoral Reforms: Which Should Be Given Urgent Focus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
Umu Igbo
About a year ago, we embarked on a unique journey of electing one of us as Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland. The idea ridiculed at conception, gave birth to Eze OnlyTruth, and has since grown into a powerful force for good. Only recently we began a transition process, which led to the emergent of another proud son of Igboland - Mazi Odumchi, the incoming Eze, and a daughter of our land - incoming Eze Nwayi Ogugua.

However, the rules and regulation guiding their activities were either of best effort and some cases totally absent. It is mostly unwritten. It is in recognition of the potential malady of these gaps and the need to bequeath our teeming full bloodied Igbo people a legacy of rules, and guidance, and ensure that our activities are well co-ordinated, and self sustaining, that we embark on this journey of reform at this point.

Umu Igbo, our destiny is our hands yet again, and we must stand up and be counted. Let our voice be heard, and let's agree how we must elect our leaders, and what codes of conduct we must subject them to. Let's agree what roles they are to perform and how we eject them when they become wayward. I must appeal, that in our deliberations, let's cast our sight beyond the office current holder(s) and look as far into the future as possible. Let's preempt changes in technology, and perhaps imbibe the discipline of scenario planning. Let's plan for realism, pessimism, and optimism - let's think tactically and strategically as we embark on this journey.

We have done it before and we can do it again.

Umu Igbo below is the guideline for this journey.

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms and other matters

GUIDELINES

- Opening Prayer – Nri Priest (or anyone moved)

- Opening Address – Incumbent Eze

- PART 1 - Electoral Reform – Moderator - Incoming Eze Nwayi, PointB

- - Qualifications to nominate

- - Qualification to be nominated as Eze Ndi Igbo and Eze Nwayi Candidate
- - Grounds for disqualification from being nominated or nominating

- - Electoral Commissioner – Appointment and Tenure

- - Voting procedures and tallying

- - Criteria for discounting of vote(s), etc

- - Electoral Tribunals – Appointment,

- - Responsibility,

- - Power and

- - Tenure, etc

- PART 2 – Code of Conduct for Elected Official and ground for removal – 9ja_I_hail and Afam4eva

- PART 3 – Other Matters – Agenda for Incoming Eze – Ujchief,

- Closing remarks – Incoming Eze

Umu Igbo, the above is the guideline suggested by the cabinet as basis for restructuring.

Shall we begin?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
Reserved space
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
reserved for updates
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
reserved space
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by dayokanu(m): 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
Reserved space cheesy
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Demdem(m): 10:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
Reserved also.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Demdem(m): 10:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
Still booting.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Demdem(m): 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
PointlessB must resign first. That should be the first step.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Onlytruth(m): 1:57am On Nov 09, 2012
Umu Igbo ekele m unu ozo!

I wish to thank our Chief Bureaucrat and de facto Electoral commissioner PointB for starting this thread. What we are about to do here is very important, and we must conclude it. We discussed it in the council, and our aim here is to obtain as much suggestion/proposals for each item as possible, and then go back into the chambers to collate opinions and document it as our electoral and code of conduct codes.

I hereby advise every Igbo here to make his/her voice heard now, because we are determined to implement whatever we obtain from IGBO members here who are the OHA in this (Oha and Eze) exercise.
At the conclusion of this excercise, it is my hope that we shall have strenghtened the institution of the Eze Ndigbo Nairaland.

I appleal to every Igbo son and daughter to apply wisdom in his/her suggestions here.
I shall return later to make my own contribution.

Thanks, and may the exercise begin!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Dainfamous: 2:38am On Nov 09, 2012
my suggestion is to take correction from the past mistake, as we have witness from this past election,any contestant should no that igbos are conservative by nature our ideology as a group offer is directly link to our belief and traditions,we always listen to leaders that have strong connection with us, this is what we are,who we are,and what we represent as igbo people.

My stake is that the electorates should find a way to apply guidelines on rules and regulation because without rules and regulation any organization will be pointless and disorganized...

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Gboliwe: 3:06am On Nov 09, 2012
What stage are we in now before I jump the gun unconsciously.
I would also beg that we try not to derail this thread no matter the distraction. We are here for an important mission and replying to every/any post by those who are obviously on another mission should be avoided/ignored.

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Osiris211: 3:38am On Nov 09, 2012
OnlyIdoit and his cocksuker PointB-shyt holding the whole ibos by jugular with thier scripted lies after imposing a 16 year old puppet as igwe? I laugh in Maurice Iwu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by OgidiBoy(m): 4:46am On Nov 09, 2012
I commend you'll for what you'll trying to do here, I can only imagine how difficult it's been for the members of the electoral committee. I can only

hope and pray our Igbo brothers and sisters don't engage with some that will be here later to derail this thread.

I don't want to be the first to voice my complaint about the previous election, so I'll just go sit in the back and wait for the elders to talk first

before I say what's on my mind.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 09, 2012
Checking in.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by OgidiBoy(m): 8:06am On Nov 09, 2012
ogugua88: Checking in.

My friend you can't just walk in and just say I'm checking in, did you greet the elders?

Go inside and bring us cola.

Just kidding.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 8:15am On Nov 09, 2012
Thank you again Eze OnlyTruth for the go ahead.

@Ogidiboy,

Your comment and support at this point is highly welcome. Indeed it's been a hectic period these past few days, but when you are guided by passion for service for the greater good of your people, you can only be motivated to do better. There have been pressure from quarters that we take a haphazard knew jerk approach to resolving our disagreement; yet others have threatened brimstone and fire should the cabinet act against their entrenched positions. One thing many of us fail to appreciate is the quality patience, planning and timely execution. The council believe the best way of addressing our disagreement is not by being reactive, rather by been proactive, and turning this challenges into opportunity.

Umu Igbo, we are not there yet. Our process needs reform, it need your input. We need to move forward from where we are.

Our first task is to establish rules and guidelines for Nomination into the Eze position.

To moderate this section (Part 1) will be the responsibility of myself (PointB) and incoming Eze Nwayi - Ogugua.
We seek you maximum co-operation and also urge that we restrain our self from falling victims of taunts from those our brother Maxi Dede1 popularly refers to as 'dingbats.' Due to the importance of this summit, I will urge the next Igbo poster to commit this session to the God of our ancestors - Chukwu (the Supreme God).

Part One which seek guideline for the following:

- - Qualifications to nominate

- - Qualification to be nominated as Eze Ndi Igbo and Eze Nwayi Candidate
- - Grounds for disqualification from being nominated or nominating

- - Electoral Commissioner – Appointment and Tenure

- - Voting procedures and tallying

- - Criteria for discounting of vote(s), etc

- - Electoral Tribunals – Appointment,

- - Responsibility,

- - Power and

- - Tenure, etc

is hereby formally declared opened:

Let us now turn our attention -
Who qualifies to nominate a leader for Umu Igbo? How do we ascertain or refute such assumed qualification in a faceless, anonymous forums?

Umu Igbo
Due to the importance of this summit, I will urge the next Igbo poster to commit this session to the God of our ancestors - Chukwu (the Supreme God) before proceeding.
Thank you all
and shall we begin?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 09, 2012
Ututu Oma umu igbo.kedu ka unu mere? Daalu unu.
Will be back
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 8:22am On Nov 09, 2012
ogugua88: Checking in.

You are welcome.

Our task is to as much as possible clarify and compile suggestions. In doing so, premium must be paid at suggestion from Igbo posters as they are the catchment area. However sensible suggestion from non Igbo posters should also be taken into consideration.

Trolls will of course attempt to derail the process, and some usually decent poster of Igbo origin may also stoke embers of division, but we must forge ahead. That's the drill. Again you are welcome.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 09, 2012
OgidiBoy: My friend you can't just walk in and just say I'm checking in, did you greet the elders?

Go inside and bring us cola.

Just kidding.

There is procedure. Lol. Odumchi hasn't arrived.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 09, 2012
PointB: You are welcome.

Our task is to as much as possible clarify and compile suggestions. In doing so, premium must be paid at suggestion from Igbo posters as they are the catchment area. However sensible suggestion from non Igbo posters should also be taken into consideration.

Trolls will of course attempt to derail the process, and some usually decent poster of Igbo origin may also stoke embers of division, but we must forge ahead. That's the drill. Again you are welcome.

Thank you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by CyberG: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2012
What is all this NONSENSE of reserved space?

OnlyLIES, Point0, Odumshi, Duh Infamy are ALL a bunch of lying, tribalistic sorry ass losers and they KNOW IT!

Reserved Space grin grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by CyberG: 8:34am On Nov 09, 2012
UN-Reserved space. Ja ja ja ja ja bla bla bla! BH will catch all of you here where all you plot is evil, destruction, division, and downfall of other Nigerians! angry angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by warrior01: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2012
ogugua88:

Thank you.
Madam,
you're owing us an apology
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Afam4eva(m): 8:50am On Nov 09, 2012
Pls there's a cyber troll on this thread, so ya'll should ignore his bottom.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by warrior01: 8:55am On Nov 09, 2012
CyberG: What is all this NONSENSE of reserved space?

OnlyLIES, Point0, Odumshi, Duh Infamy are ALL a bunch of lying, tribalistic sorry ass losers and they KNOW IT!
Reserved Space grin grin
Se o ya were ni?
Ta ni egbe nbi? Respect urself or else...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by freecocoa(f): 8:56am On Nov 09, 2012
Ndi be anyi
Ekene mu unu o ooo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by PointB: 8:57am On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva: Pls there's a cyber troll on this thread, so ya'll should ignore his bottom.

My brother you are welcome. I hope you've notice that you have a big role to play in this reform. You and 9ja_I_hail are handling the toughest part. Just kidding. grin grin grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by OgidiBoy(m): 8:57am On Nov 09, 2012
Where is Odumchi? his presense is needed here.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Gboliwe: 9:06am On Nov 09, 2012
No prayer yet. Can a female give the libations here? Lets get started
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 09, 2012
warrior01:
Se o ya were ni?
Ta ni egbe nbi? Respect urself or else...
can't you just IGNORE? angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters by ifyalways(f): 9:14am On Nov 09, 2012
Signing in.
Suggestion:Perhaps we need to give others so mire time to join.I don't think the thread has gained enough publicity undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Malami Secretly Awards Multi-Billion Naira Assets Recovery Contract To Firm / Okorocha Optimistic Of APC Convention, Sues For Regard For 'Founding Fathers' / Governors Go Spiritual Over NGF Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.