Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

African Nerd - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / African Nerd (61903 Views)

Mosquito Palaver (legend Of The Nerd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nerd by Splendblex(f): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Nice one...welldone guy
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
I walk towards Jill’s cage.
My hand balled up into a fist. As I open her cage, I see her pretty large eyes, her glowing golden fur. Her pretty little white teeth, I can’t beat her up, well not yet. She is still young and cute, I will wait for her to grow. Then will I strike, when she has lost all her beautiful looks. Yes! Until then. For the meanwhile, I rub her head, she has hypnotised me. I came here with the intention to crack open her head, but she has jujued me into submission. See how I am rubbing her head like mumu, the same head I wanted to break. Cute little Jilly Jilly.
After playing with Jill for a while, I return to the kitchen. What will I eat now?
Seems I have no choice. I run t the cupboard, I see the white plastic container. I pull it down, bring my bowl, pack a hand full of the powder into my bowl. Pour water, add sugar, carry spoon.
As I take one spoon of the garri, I witness a change in me. I see clearly, my eyes are open. I see everything, I see the Underworld. I see Minion, he is taking his bath.
“What the hell is that?!”
I blurt out, he turns around. He doesn’t see me, but he hears my voice.
“Mortal!? Is that you? Have you found your source of power?”
He asks to the thin air. I ignore his question, I come back to myself, I feel enlightened. I feel wise. I take one more spoon of the white mixture.
I push to the air, I let out a ball of black flame. I burn a hole through the ceiling. I wave a hand at the damage and the whole thing is restored, as if was never touched.
I sniff the air, I smell everything, the burnt yams, the chicken shit, the garri. I feel like a superman. Have I found the source of my power?
Have I unlocked my potentials?
“I sensed you!”
I look behind me to see Minion, a wrapper covering his wet body, Jargon standing protectively before him, letting off a angry growl at me.
“I have tasted it, I know my forbidden fruit!” I say in a powerful voice.
“Jargon waste you! Weak Mortal”, Jargon teases.
“Is that so?!”, I ask
Before Minion can stop me, Jargon is already beaten into a pulp, his head buried into the marbled floor.
I keep pounding at him.
“Abeg oooo!!! Abeg oooo!!!! Jargon dey beg oooo!!!!! Forgive Jargon ooooo!!!!!”, he screams out in pain.
Minion pushes my fist away, causing my blow to deflect away from Jargon’s buried face.
He stands over Jargon.
"You have tasted too much power. I must bring back your sanity"
I let out a small laugh.
“Even the gods will bow to me”
“Watch your tongue, Mortal!”
I direct my open hands at him, letting out a ball of flame.
Minion stands his ground
“You know not your place! Mortal!!”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Nerd by Mobsync(m): 9:40am On Dec 07, 2012
Kill minion? I don't think so...bring it on
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2012
Mobsync thank u jare.
Guyz drop ur comment na
Re: African Nerd by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2012
Okay naa..mosquito wey dey red I don comment ..

Continue da story ....
Dis suspense is too much...
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2012
Oluwafunmilayo95: Okay naa..mosquito wey dey red I don comment ..

Continue da story ....
Dis suspense is too much...
i don dey eye u since
i just dey pray say make you comment
thanks for ur comment jare
Re: African Nerd by micki83(m): 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2012
We hav our own J.K rowling/J.R, Tolken here o! Lovin d story more with each page.but wait o...red-moss!red-moss!!red-moss!!! How many times did I call u? U hav forgotten to give credit where credit is due.I'm partly responsible for dis story o,cos I'm d one who (inadvertently) nudged u towards d "hades/minion" twist of d story.I want my ackmowledgment right now o!
Re: African Nerd by purpinkx(m): 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
Minion : the mortal claims you are his forbidden fruit.

Garri : crazy world .. Do i look like a fruit ?

Minion : hmmmn .. I never thought of that !

4 Likes

Re: African Nerd by Splendblex(f): 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
Nice one,redmosquito
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 2:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
micki83: We hav our own J.K rowling/J.R, Tolken here o! Lovin d story more with each page.but wait o...red-moss!red-moss!!red-moss!!! How many times did I call u? U hav forgotten to give credit where credit is due.I'm partly responsible for dis story o,cos I'm d one who (inadvertently) nudged u towards d "hades/minion" twist of d story.I want my ackmowledgment right now o!
I use this opportunity to credit much of my ideas and works to the gentle push which was given to me by none other than mick83.
Without his unconscious nudge, this story would not have be n its present state, whether good or bad
Mick u don happy now abi grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
Redmosquito:
i don dey eye u since
i just dey pray say make you comment
thanks for ur comment jare
smiley
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
Minion stands his ground
“You know not your place!”
“No one shall blaspheme against the gods. Not against my master. Not against Hades”
With that said, he pulls out his , the weapon just appeared out of the air. He extinguishes the approaching flame with one strike of his double-headed steel. That axe, those black rugged blades. It has a painful history, a past of blood, a past of death, I sense its power now. But I shall tremble before no-one, no weapon shall bring me down.
He strikes at me. He is too slow, or maybe, I am too fast. I see him as he swings his axe in the air, ready to bring it down upon my head. I step aside to watch his blade pass by my side.
I rush to the bowl of Garri. I put the bowl to my lips, gulping down all the white mixture. Ijebu boy like me, the garri just flows freely into me. I feel the rush of power within me, I am swelling with energy. I see Minion staring, there is a look of determination in his eyes. I smile, he knows he must stop me. I feel my temperature rise. I am hot as a furnace, the room around me can go up in flames anytime soon.
I close my eyes to fully absorb the power, I close it for less than two seconds. As soon as I open them.
GBUAAAA!!!
It seems two seconds is more than enough time for Minion to gather up an attack. He strikes me with the bottom of the axe, right between the eyes, above the nose. I fly into the air, I see the planets float over my face. Pluto is small ooooo!! I see like one or two stars flying about. I see my wicked primary three teacher, I see my first crush. Damn! That girl was worwor! Was my sight that bad at such an early age?! And then all I see is darkness. I go unconscious.
“My Child!!”
“Young one!! My Child!!”
“ Please help me!!”
I hear these words in the darkness.
“Who speaks?”, I ask
“Open your eyes. Please look unto me! Take pity on me!”
I look left, right. Still Darkness around me.
Suddenly everything takes form. It is night; I am standing in a dirty street. The wind is howling angrily, the buildings, evidence of poverty.
“My Child! Help me!!”
I turn to face the source of the pleas. An old woman, very old, her face worn away with old age and penury. Seated on the bare ground, her cloths torn and haggard.
She reaches out to touch me.
I quickly drawback, away from her hold.
“Don’t run! I need your help”
I reach into my pocket, I pull out the cash in my pocket, and whilst making sure I cover the money with my other hand. Nigerian beggars don teach me sense. As I scroll through the bundle, I keep one suspicious eye on the old woman. The fact that she is an old woman, does not mean I should let down my guard, she fit pull out one gun rob me for here.
Only one thousands and five hundreds, no ten naira, no fifty naira, no hundred naira, no two hundred naira, not even five naira. Only five hundreds and One thousands, I use another style to push the notes into my back pocket.
“ I am sorry ma! But I have no money to give you!”
“No! Please help me!! Don’t leave me like this!! Help me!!”
I am not one with a heart of stone. So I painfully release a five hundred naira note to her.
“You have shown mercy. You deserve my prophecy. I must tell you the secrets”
I am like huh?!
“ I am the Ifa of the Yorubas. The one the Ibos call Agbala. I am the great oracle of Delphi”
Now I’m like , “ Chai! Why did I give this crazy woman money?!”
“You are no mere being. You contain something within you, a black power, even the gods will fear it. But trust not your friends, the come in white but are black beneath. Hide yourself, beware of all. For soon, your world shall crumble”
She speaks the truth, something within me tells me she speaks the truth. Her words betray the obscure facts. Has my life become this chaotic?!
BRAGABOOOM!!!
SWOOOOSHHHH!!!
GRIGBOSSA!!
I look behind me. I see the clouds, a mighty thunder-storm brewing within them, I see a wave of water, over a thousand feet tall, racing towards me and then I look to the ground, it is crumbling away, an earthquake approaches, emitting thick darkness as it cracks away.
I jejely remove my slippers, I draw up my trousers, I pocket my glasses. I rearrange everything that will hamper my running ability. As I extend my long legs to run, the old woman holds me back. She latches on to my right arm.
“I’m sorry ma! I cannot save you! You have lived a long live na! Why do you want mine to be cut short?”, I plead
“No! Look! Do you not see the sigma?! The three great gods have joined forces against you! Poseidon, Hades and Zeus together in battle! Do you not see the what that means?!”
“Huh?! See woman get off me jare! I have no answers to your questions! Are you not the oracle?! Are you not the one supposed to give me the answers?!”, I release myself from her grasp as I say this.
I quickly take to my heels, leaving her behind. Who has time to save crazy woman?! But soon I am surrounded. The thunderstorm is upon me, I see the lightning flashing all about me. The tsunami towers over me now, the ground beneath my feet is in shambles. They are upon me, I am surrounded. I feel lightning flow into my bones, I feel water fill my lungs, I feel the ground break beneath my feet. All hope is lost

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Nerd by micki83(m): 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
Redmosquito:
I use this opportunity to credit much of my ideas and works to the gentle push which was given to me by none other than mick83.
Without his unconscious nudge, this story would not have be n its present state, whether good or bad
Mick u don happy now abi grin grin grin grin
Yes,I'm very very happy now! *grin*
Re: African Nerd by movmentish(m): 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
Wallai I never ever see mumu hero like african nerd.....
Dude made me laf in hausa,igbo,yoruba......
Redmosquito my nigger my hommie,pass me more tori abeg

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by greedie1(f): 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
Red moss, so u no fit give the woman 1000 ni? Lol

Nice one

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
gree-die:
Red moss, so u no fit give the woman 1000 ni? Lol

Nice one
That 1k I fit use am carry u go Ozone and back, as long as you get ur student ID
And na only u go watch film ooo grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by greedie1(f): 10:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
Redmosquito:
That 1k I fit use am carry u go Ozone and back, as long as you get ur student ID
And na only u go watch film ooo grin grin grin grin
Ah Ah.. Won't u buy popcorn and Pepsi for me? Or ll u wait til d day it's on d house? grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:02pm On Dec 07, 2012
gree-die:

Ah Ah.. Won't u buy popcorn and Pepsi for me? Or ll u wait til d day it's on d house? grin grin grin
U no be naija babe! Abeg barman pass me two pure water jorh grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by UjSizzle(f): 11:02pm On Dec 07, 2012
Lmao dis bwoi u be confirm werey hahahahaha.
I suppose ur garri will be the Achilles heel too huh? Your Popeye's spinach, how will u carry it around eh?

Nice unusual story u got here, loving it with each update.

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2012
uj_sizzle: Lmao dis bwoi u be confirm werey hahahahaha.
I suppose ur garri will be the Achilles heel too huh? Your Popeye's spinach, how will u carry it around eh?

Nice unusual story u got here, loving it with each update.
CHAI! I NO FIT TALK
I JUST SIT DOWN AND DRINK ALOMO
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by kennykool1(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
redmosquito with black magic i like your story abeg try dey update like three times in a day
i feel it in my being brother of d red synagogue u are d next dan brown

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
Will update tomorrow. I would have done it today, but I have a serious headache
Forgive me guyz sad
Re: African Nerd by movmentish(m): 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2012
And I was looking forward to todays update oh
So you'll post two chapters 2mao
Feeling you die #nohomo

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by lancey(m): 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2012
nice 1 bro!

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Udee1(f): 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2012
Chai! Redmoss! Lmao @ garri being ur source power. Only God knows what ur weakness is. Abeg I dey wait 4 more

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2012
Guyz do not be vexed by my delay. I shall update by Midnight grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 7:04pm On Dec 09, 2012
And ummm....thanks for your encouragements grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by movmentish(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2012
Redmosquito its two updates actually......and u sha know say u dey Bleep up ba?
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2012
movmentish: Redmosquito its two updates actually......and u sha know say u dey Bleep up ba?
I know say u don dey find me. Forgive me. Two ke?! shocked
Okay I go try do two! Go try oooo!!
Re: African Nerd by greedie1(f): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2012
Redmosquito:
I know say u don dey find me. Forgive me. Two ke?! shocked
Okay I go try do two! Go try oooo!!
update d story nah..... u don dey promise us for days now
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2012
Na only one day I don delay na! Okay I go update for midnight. No vex jare grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Out Of The Blue / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss / Story: A New Dawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.