Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture (5098 Views)

Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. / AMAZING FACT: What You Didn't Know About Methuselah! / Did Methuselah Achieve Anything Other Than Living For 969 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Joagbaje(m): 4:48am On Nov 09, 2012
paul made people believe the rapture was coming in his day. He waited for it, why hasn't the rapture come till now. To the point umbelievers began to mock the faith.

God delay is sometimes seen by men as weakness . Why the promise of the rapture seem not forthcoming .

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us- ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

There's great connection  between the age of methuselah and the rapture.

WHO WAS METHUSELAH ?

He was the man that live longest  969 years
He was the son of great prophet Enoch 

Genesis 5:21
And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
what's the meaning of methuselah ? 

What was the meaning of METHUSELAH . The name means " AFTER HIS DEATH, flood shall come  (Noah's flood)
That means Enoch saw the flood of Noah .over 1,000 years before hand !

WHO IS ENOCH 
He was the father of methuselah . The name was prophetic for a flood that was to come . That means Enoch was a prophet, he saw the flood of Noah . Even though Noah hadn't been born.

Enoch saw the coming of christ and the rapture 
Jude 1:14
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Enoch was the first man to be raptured 

Hebrews 11:5
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Did Enoch really forsaw Noah flood. ? 
Was it the death of methuselah that brought the water? 
Does it mean methuselah buried his own children who died of old age? 
Did methuselah see Noah's day?
Why didn't methuselah enter the ark? 
What that the reason for methuselah longevity.?  He was the sign for the flood . If he dies ,flood will come .  So God had to keep him alive in his patience waiting for men to repent . Through the preaching of Noah . But since men mocked at the message of salvation them , God finally gave in.

Methuselah finally died at 969   Gen 5:27. 

Genesis 5:27
And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

If his death really brought the flood . Noah should be about 600 yrs when Methuselah died. 

Let's do some calculations

Methuselah at  187  gave birth to lamech Gen 5:25

Methuselah's son Lamech at 182 yrs gave birth to Noah ,Methuselah  was 369 Gen 5:28

Lamech died at 777yrs  methuselah must be 964yrs old That means methuselah buried his own son and still continued to  lived on. 

Methuselah was 369yr when Noah was born if his death brought the flood.  Gen 5:28  if we minus when Noah was born from methuselah age at death we should get the age of Noah when the flood came .

He died at 969  he was 369 when Noah was born .
So 969 minus 369 = 600. 

That means if that prophecy is true that his death brought the flood same year he died , Noah must me 600 years old when the flood came .

Genesis 7:6
And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth. . .

This proves positive the prophecy of Enoch . 

Now whats the relevance of this?   It's a shadow of christ coming.   Men laughed at Noah and methuselah in their days saying That the flood they heard about from childhood hasn't come yet.  But was God weak? No . Rather it was love and compassion kept methuselah alive because if he dies ,flood would come . The same way men laugh at he rapture today. 

Jesus compared the two experiences  in Mattew 

Matthew 24:37-40
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

That's how men seem to be mocking the rapture today.

2 Peter 3:3-4
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation

What delayed the flood was methuselah's death what delayed methusela's death was God mercy and patience for mankind .

1 Peter 3:20
[The souls of those] who long before in the days of Noah had been disobedient, when God’s patience waited during the building of the ark in which a few [people], actually eight in number, were saved through water.

What's delaying the rapture today is still that patience . Waiting for the unsaved giving sinners opportunity to be saved

2 Peter 3:9-10
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment.

GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST TODAY , HE IS COMING .

2 Likes

Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Gboliwe: 5:49am On Nov 09, 2012
This is both encouraging and eye opening.
God bless you poster

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 09, 2012
Um, readers will do well to check up the meaning of 'methuselah'...
*runs from thread*
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by dhtml(m): 7:37am On Nov 09, 2012
musKeeto: Um, readers will do well to check up the meaning of 'methuselah'...
*runs from thread*
Come back here, before i rename your handle to methuselah.
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Goshen360(m): 7:41am On Nov 09, 2012
^
lolz

@ Topic,

Interesting.
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 09, 2012
musKeeto: Um, readers will do well to check up the meaning of 'methuselah'...
*runs from thread*
u are doubting ur self... U are afraid dats y u read this, u better repent and stop claiming atheism
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 09, 2012
R2bees: u are doubting ur self... U are afraid dats y u read this, u better repent and stop claiming atheism
I'm not afraid. I'm open minded. I read everything. There are lessons to be learnt in everything, even shit's nutritious to the ground as manure. wink
the only thing be say sometimes, joAgbaje go one use fresh meatpie do manure... just dey spin the english or twist something till you confuse..
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Image123(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2012
agreed apart from the Paul part sha. The rapture can come at anytime, Paul wasn't making people believe it would come before he died but anytime. He even wrote how he had finished his course and was to die. I'm not trying to take anything away from your wonderful op, but don't try introducing that Paul was wrong too thought, inevitably linking it with pat on the other thread later on.
God bless you.
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by k2039: 9:06am On Nov 09, 2012
Mind blowing.

I read the article thinking I was going to see the greatest secret of living as old as Methusela,I was dissapointed though.

Pastor Jo,more power to your elbow.(Olorun a ma so agbara di otuun)
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 09, 2012
musKeeto:
I'm not afraid. I'm open minded. I read everything. There are lessons to be learnt in everything, even shit's nutritious to the ground as manure. wink
the only thing be say sometimes, joAgbaje go one use fresh meatpie do manure... just dey spin the english or twist something till you confuse..
Who cares?? You knw i dnt
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 09, 2012
R2bees: Who cares?? You knw i dnt
I'm Male. Stop trailing my ass, u gay..
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by newmi(m): 9:32am On Nov 09, 2012
Joagbaje: paul made people believe the rapture was coming in his day. He waited for it, why hasn't the rapture come till now. To the point umbelievers began to mock the faith.

God delay is sometimes seen by men as weakness . Why the promise of the rapture seem not forthcoming .

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us- ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

WHO WAS METHUSELAH ?

What was the meaning of METHUSELAH . The name means " AFTER HIS DEATH, flood shall come  (Noah's flood)

WHO IS ENOCH 
He was the father of methuselah . The name was prophetic for a flood that was to come . That means Enoch was a prophet, he saw the flood of Noah . Even though Noah hadn't been born.

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

What that the reason for methuselah longevity.?  He was the sign for the flood . If he dies ,flood will come .  So God had to keep him alive in his patience waiting for men to repent . Through the preaching of Noah . But since men mocked at the message of salvation them , God finally gave in.

And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

If his death really brought the flood . Noah should be about 600 yrs when Methuselah died. 

Methuselah's son Lamech at 182 yrs gave birth to Noah ,Methuselah  was 369 Gen 5:28

Lamech died at 777yrs  methuselah must be 964yrs old That means methuselah buried his own son and still continued to  lived on. 

Methuselah was 369yr when Noah was born if his death brought the flood.  Gen 5:28  if we minus when Noah was born from methuselah age at death we should get the age of Noah when the flood came .

So 969 minus 369 = 600. 

That means if that prophecy is true that his death brought the flood same year he died , Noah must me 600 years old when the flood came .

And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth. . .

Now whats the relevance of this?   It's a shadow of christ coming.   Men laughed at Noah and methuselah in their days saying That the flood they heard about from childhood hasn't come yet.  But was God weak? No . Rather it was love and compassion kept methuselah alive because if he dies ,flood would come . The same way men laugh at he rapture today. 

But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation

What delayed the flood was methuselah's death what delayed methusela's death was God mercy and patience for mankind .

[The souls of those] who long before in the days of Noah had been disobedient, when God’s patience waited during the building of the ark in which a few [people], actually eight in number, were saved through water.

What's delaying the rapture today is still that patience . Waiting for the unsaved giving sinners opportunity to be saved

The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment.

I find this indeed interesting and educating. Thanks for all the work but just a little concern as much as it is a question; as christian how do we keep and maintain our concentration and focus on the Rapture especially when we have had centain individuals who have at different times showed up and announced to the whole world that on such and such maybe day or year the rapture would take place or some would call it the "end of days" thus rendering many into pandimonium but as we are well informed nothing of such happened thIs alone I believe is one of the reason why many have lost faith in the talk of the rapture rubbishing it as just a bunch of rubbish.
How do we help them believe and live their lives accordingly and those people who openly made such announcement were they in error or what because some of them where "genuin"
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 09, 2012
WELL I DONT THINK PAUL THOUGHT RAPTURE WOULD HAPPEN IN HIS TIME. PAUL KNEW THAT THERE HAD TO BE A FALLING AWAY FIRST AND THEN THAT MAN OF SIN BE REVEALED ( 2 THESSALONIANS 2 VS 3 ). FALLING AWAY FROM WHAT ? FALLING AWAY FROM THEIR HERITAGE AS ISRAELITES AND FALLING AWAY FROM THEIR LAND. LETS SEE WHEN BOTH FALLING AWAY HAPPENED

LUKE 21 VS 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. THIS IS CALLED THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION. THIS IS ISRAEL GETTING KICKED OUT OF THE LAND BY THE ROMANS. THIS HAPPENED IN 70 AD. AND THIS ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION WILL HAPPEN TILL CHRIST RETURNS, MEANING THE LAND WILL BE TRODDEN DOWN BY GENTILES TILL CHRIST RETURNS. HAS CHRIST RETURNED ? NO. SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ? TELLS YOU THAT THOSE WHO ARE IN ISRAEL TODAY ARE IMPOSTORS. GENTILES. READ ABOUT THEM HERE

REVELATION 2 VS 9 I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. THE LORD WROTE THE BEGINNING FROM THE END AND PROPHESIED THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL CLAIM TO BE THE JEWS.

SO NOW WE HAVE DEALT WITH THE FALLING AWAY FROM THEIR LAND IN 70 AD, LETS DEAL WITH THE FALLING AWAY FROM THEIR HERITAGE AS JEWS

JEREMIAH 17 VS 4 And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee AND THIS IS WHERE THEY GOT DISCONTINUED FROM THEIR HERITAGE AS JEWS. THIS HAPPENED AROUND THE BEGINNING OF THE EUROPEAN RENNAISANCE AROUND 1400-1600 AD. SYSTEMATIC PROPAGATION OF PLAGIARIASM AND ICONOCLASM UNTIL THE WHOLE WORLD EVENTUALLY GOT SOLD ON THE IDEA THAT THE REAL JEWS WERE EUROPEANS.

SO AS YOU CAN SEE PAUL KNEW THAT THE RAPTURE WOULD HAPPEN AFTER THESE EVENTS. ONE IN 70 AD AND THE OTHER AROUND 1400 -1600 AD

AS FOR WHY METHUSELAH LIVED THAT LONG ? THIS IS THE NORMAL AGE RANGE OF EVERY HUMAN, OR AT LEAST THIS IS WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIVING TO. SCRIPTURE SAYS WHEN THE KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED ON EARTH WE WILL GO BACK TO LIVING AS OLD AS TREES ( ABOUT 1000 YEARS )

ISAIAH 65 VS 22 Unlike the past, invaders will not take their houses and confiscate their vineyards. For my people will live as long as trees, and my chosen ones will have time to enjoy their hard-won gains. <<< WHEN WE GET IN THE KINGDOM

SO WHY DID THE LORD CUT SHORT OUR DAYS FROM 1000 YEARS TO 120 YEARS ? GENESIS 6 VS 3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. SINNING MEANS YOU ARE FLESH. YOU ARE OBEYING YOUR FLESH AS OPPOSED TO YOUR SPIRIT. YOU ARE A SLAVE TO YOUR FLESH. SO AS LONG AS WE CONTINUE TO SIN, THE LORD SAYS I CANT BE DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE FOR SO LONG SO HE CUT OUR DAYS TO 120 YEARS.

1 Like

Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 09, 2012
AND HERE IS ANOTHER EMPHATIC PROOF OF THE VALIDITY OF GODS WORD

GENESIS 6 VS 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years

LIST OF THE OLDEST PEOPLE EVER LIVED http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_verified_oldest_people

NOTICE HOW THEY ALL ARE AROUND 120 YEARS OLD ? THE LORD IS GOOD grin THATS FOR THE ATHEISTS. BE SURE TO CLICK ON THAT WIKIPEDIA LINK OF THE LIST AND AGE OF THE OLDEST PEOPLE AND JUXTAPOSE IT WITH GENESIS 6 VS 3. THE LORD SHOOOO IS GOOD CHILE grin
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Delafruita(m): 10:38am On Nov 09, 2012
Joagbaje: paul made people believe the rapture was coming in his day. He waited for it, why hasn't the rapture come till now. To the point umbelievers began to mock the faith.

WHO WAS METHUSELAH ?

WHO IS ENOCH 

So 969 minus 369 = 600. 

oga joe,whats the meaning of all this mathematics?are you trying to say since the ages and accounts tally,that somehow means jesus is truly coming?in my spare time,i write scripts and screenplays and i can tell you for a fact that i will always go through to ensure that years,dates,time and accounts tally.that doesnt change the fact that my screenplay is a work of fiction
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2012
musKeeto:
I'm Male. Stop trailing my ass, u gay..
hmmm, u just exhibited one of their signs....and most atheist are gays...m.u.m.u.. Gay lyk u, u beta repent,,, idiaaat
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
R2bees: hmmm, u just exhibited one of their signs....and most atheist are gays...m.u.m.u.. Gay lyk u, u beta repent,,, idiaaat
Kudos.
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Sirniyeh(m): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
The writting of world history began with moses and human beings have been in existence 2500 years before his birth. The writting inventing started during the time of moses. Now tell me, where did he get all the narration he presented to the world as the true story of creation?
Pls do your research well before you open a thread.
Again, you directed us to read wikipedia of the list of world oldest people, it is a bunch of lies.
While i was young, a woman died in my town in 1999. Though she was illiterate to know her birth date but got awared from her parent naration that she was born exactly the year first church was built in the city and that was 1865. That was how her age was determined? How hold was she in 1999? 134 years. You now present fake manner to us to feast, receive your forgiveness. Stop propagating lie, i will continue to say it. Rapture is a trash, do you know you should be sued to court for creating platform for human mind to be erroneously obsessed?
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Image123(m): 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
^
how far with your friend in the weird marriage?
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by dhtml(m): 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
^^^Weird is an understatement, bizzzare marrrriage will be better (for lack of better word).
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Image123(m): 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
dhtml: ^^^Weird is an understatement, bizzzare marrrriage will be better (for lack of better word).
Okay, bizzzare then.
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by julietjuks: 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
never thought of it that way.really enlightening
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Joagbaje(m): 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2012
obadiah777: WELL I DONT THINK PAUL THOUGHT RAPTURE WOULD HAPPEN IN HIS TIME. . .

Several scriptures indicates Paul was expecting the rapture in his days .

1 Thessalonians 4:17
Then we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever.

1 Corinthians 15:51
I'm telling you a mystery. Not all of us will die, but we will all be changed.It will happen in an instant, in a split second at the sound of the last trumpet. Indeed, that trumpet will sound, and then the dead will come back to life. They will be changed so that they can live forever.

1 Thessalonians 4:15
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
Joagbaje:

Then we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever.

I'm telling you a mystery. Not all of us will die, but we will all be changed.It will happen in an instant, in a split second at the sound of the last trumpet. Indeed, that trumpet will sound, and then the dead will come back to life. They will be changed so that they can live forever.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

TRUST ALL IS WELL WITH YOU OGA JO. THOSE VERSES ARE TALKING ABOUT THE END DAYS. THOSE OF THEM WHO ARE ALIVE IN THE END DAYS, MEANING THOSE WHO HAPPENED TO BE ON EARTH DURING THE LAST DAYS ( REINCARNATION ). THIS IS A REINCARNATION VERSE. BELIEVE IT OR NOT BUT YOU, OGA JO, HAVE BEEN AROUND FROM THE BEGINNING. IN FACT IT IS A POSSIBILITY THAT YOU WERE ONE OF THE PEOPLE PAUL WAS TALKING TO DURING THAT PERIOD AND NOW YOU ARE ON EARTH AGAIN TODAY. NOW IF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT WAS TO END TOMMOROW, THEN YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF THOSE WHO ARE STILL ALIVE AND REMAIN ON EARTH. THOSE VERSES IS SIMILAR TO

MATTHEW 16 VS 28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. <<<ANOTHER REINCARNATION VERSE. SEE YOU ARE YOUR SPIRIT NOT YOUR BODY. MEANING SOME WILL NOT EXPERIENCE SPIRITUAL DEATH TILL CHRIST RETURNS. REMEMBER HE WAS TELLING THEM THIS AROUND 2000 YEARS AGO. I DONT SEE ANY 2000 YEAR OLDS WALKING AROUND.
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by alexleo(m): 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
Each passing day draws us closer to the rapture. Jesus is coming soon. Thanks for once Joagbaje.
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Image123(m): 12:20am On Nov 12, 2012
Joagbaje:

No, on the contrary,Paul wrote of how he was about to die, and of how false people and wolves would come in when he left. He knew that no man knew the time of Christ's coming, save the Father.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
2Ti 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Peter also said a similar thing. Paul would not be in a strait/dilemma if he was expecting the rapture to be in his days. They all knew Jesus could come at any time, whether in their lifetime or after. i expect that with all the dust you normally raise on prophecy, you should be familiar with how the Bible writers frequently included themselves 'ín the same spirit of faith', as with the people in the events they were forth telling or even in past events.There is that habit of associating with, if i may use that word, even amongst us today as believers. Compare for instance Isaiah below,
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

They usually went in spirit into the time of the word. i'm hoping you understand these already and that it was just oversight from your part what you earlier said. The Psalms are replete with the writer even going more personal like the event is happening direct to him. So similarly are the words/prayers of Nehemiah and Daniel, e.g
Dan 9:5 We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:
Neh 1:7 We have dealt very corruptly against thee, and have not kept the commandments, nor the statutes, nor the judgments, which thou commandedst thy servant Moses.

In the new testament also, observe some of the below,
Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake w[/b]e are killed all the day long; [b]we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Re: The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture by Joagbaje(m): 12:48pm On Jan 11, 2013
Image123:

No, on the contrary,Paul wrote of how he was about to die, and of how false people and wolves would come in when he left. He knew that no man knew the time of Christ's coming, save the Father.

That was later, when God had shown him.

Peter also said a similar thing. Paul would not be in a strait/dilemma if he was expecting the rapture to be in his days. They all knew Jesus could come at any time,

That's still the same thing I'm saying. They expected Jesus in their days simple

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of The Number 666. / Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ , Found In Egipt / Did God Really Die For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.