Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. (2099 Views)

Methuselah: Do You Believe His Story Of 969 Years? / What Was Methuselah Doing For 969 Years Without Electricity And Data ..?? / 6 Days To The Appearance Of Jesus Christ (13th September 2015) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by leke12(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
Pls am really confuse and I need more explanation, any contribution will be highly appreciated. Pls what is the calendar use to ascertain the age of Enoch,Methuselah(900+) and more to ascertain their age. Since the Roman calender was use thousands of years after, and advent of the use of earth rotation to the sun, is discovered few century ago .
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by happykidArotiba(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2015
They Used the Every increase in their shadow to signify A Year!
Read about it b4.
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by Weah96: 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
The calendar used was called ink and parchment because it is a work of fiction. Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart uses real historical events like colonization to weave a story about fictional characters. The Bible is the same way. Fictional characters are intertwined with real historical events to lend an air of authenticity to the whole story.

1 Like

Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by leke12(m): 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2015
happykidArotiba:
They Used the Every increase in their shadow to signify A Year!
Read about it b4.
I don't understand you, is it inch by inch that is calculated or what?clarify
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by leke12(m): 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
Weah96:
The calendar used was called ink and parchment because it is a work of fiction. Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart uses real historical events like colonization to weave a story about fictional characters. The Bible is the same way. Fictional characters are intertwined with real historical events to lend an air of authenticity to the whole story.

what do you u mean in essence
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by tobtap: 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
leke12:
Pls am really confuse and I need more explanation, any contribution will be highly appreciated. Pls what is the calendar use to ascertain the age of Enoch,Methuselah(900+) and more to ascertain their age. Since the Roman calender was use thousands of years after, and advent of the use of earth rotation to the sun, is discovered few century ago .
THEY USE THE HEBREW CALENDER TO CALCULATE....BUT REMEMBER THE BOOK OF GENESIS WAS DIVINELY INSPIRED TO MOSES TO WRITE DOWN,SO MY ASSUMPTION IS THAT HE WAS TOLD THE AGE OF THE CHARACTERS
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by leke12(m): 4:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
tobtap:

THEY USE THE HEBREW CALENDER TO CALCULATE....BUT REMEMBER THE BOOK OF GENESIS WAS DIVINELY INSPIRED TO MOSES TO WRITE DOWN,SO MY ASSUMPTION IS THAT HE WAS TOLD THE AGE OF THE CHARACTERS
the hebrew tribe not to talk of their calender is not existing then and moses was born so many years after methusela or enoch died. Need more concrete explanation.
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by johnydon22(m): 4:46pm On Feb 24, 2015
tobtap:

You see one problem with christians is ignorance... You dont even have any idea who wrote the book of genesis, here you are shouting it was divinely inspired to moses (whatever that shit means.) shut the fu..ck up nobody named moses wrote any shiiiit...
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by tobtap: 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:

You see one problem with christians is ignorance... You dont even have any idea who wrote the book of genesis, here you are shouting it was divinely inspired to moses (whatever that shit means.) shut the fu..ck up nobody named moses wrote any shiiiit...
mr johny,u dont have to insult me to make ur opinion known,that was immature of you...and yes moses wrote the first five books of the BIBLE. peace
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by johnydon22(m): 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
tobtap:

mr johny,u dont have to insult me to make ur opinion known,that was immature of you...and yes moses wrote the first five books of the BIBLE. peace

I didnt insult you boy... Just go do ur home work... book of genesis is a collection of literature done by the jewish priestly scribes... dont know why you guys just love wallowing in ignorance to uphold a delusion
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by twosquare(m): 5:57pm On Feb 24, 2015
leke12:
the lunar light....most of the civilization of men were destroyed during the Flood in the days of Noah.
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by johnydon22(m): 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
twosquare:
the lunar light....most of the civilization of men were destroyed during the Flood in the days of Noah.

The flood story told in the bible is a plagiarism of an ancient mesopetemian flood story about a man named gilgamesh... 1,000 years before the story of noah was told...

[size=20] The jews believe that Abraham was from the land of Ur in mesopetamia.. so most of the jewish fables you know are copied from mostly ancient mesopetamian myths.. e.g creation story and noah fables even the history of naphilims and many more.. [/size]
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by twosquare(m): 6:34pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:

The flood story told in the bible is a plagiarism of an ancient mesopetemian flood story about a man named gilgamesh... 1,000 years before the story of noah was told...

[size=20] The jews believe that Abraham was from the land of Ur in mesopetamia.. so most of the jewish fables you know are copied from mostly ancient mesopetamian myths.. e.g creation story and noah fables even the history of naphilims and many more.. [/size]
undecided
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by johnydon22(m): 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
twosquare:
undecided

[size=20] yeah you read right... guessing you had no idea right? [/size]
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by tobtap: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
johnydon22:

I didnt insult you boy... Just go do ur home work... book of genesis is a collection of literature done by the jewish priestly scribes... dont know why you guys just love wallowing in ignorance to uphold a delusion
am not a boy....i dont argue with immature ignoramus...peace
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by johnydon22(m): 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2015
tobtap:

am not a boy....i dont argue with immature ignoramus...peace

Can we have a civilized argument here bro, dont get frustrated man..

Just calm down and re-learn all you have been indoctrinated to believe..

Btw am seriously wondering how someone who thinks moses wrote the torah can call someone else ignoramus... hahahahahaha imagine the irony.. cheesy
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by leke12(m): 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2015
I haven't gotten a concrete answer,maybe reframing the question will help: WHAT IS THE CALENDER USE TO CAL METHUSELAH AGE
Re: Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 25, 2015
Still no answer shocked

People fight for what they don't understand

(1) (Reply)

Gods Miracle Healings In The Holy Scoan Church Have No Negative Side Effects. / Revealed: Why Pastor Sunday Adelaja Is After Men Of God In Nigeria / Should Women Speak In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.