Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man (9249 Views)

Meet The Graduate Who Sells Akara In Abuja While Waiting For Her NYSC. Photo / Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank / What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by lazymoney: 9:35am On Nov 09, 2012
Yesterday, I had the unpleasant :Dexperience of having to wait for 4 hours for a client who owed me money for a job well done, for which he had been avoiding to pay me for a while.
He called early (around 10am) and asked us to see. I got to his house, leaving my business with the hope to go and collect the payment and come back immediately. That didn't happen as he just left me in d parlour and was playing 'politics' with his girlfriend in the bedroom for the next four hours.
That's why I am asking what possible thing could one be doing while waiting (unpredictably) for a 'busy' big man. I was really frustrated actually. Yeah. I got the money at the end.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 09, 2012
While waiting, think of what to do to become the next 'busy big man' (not playing with dummies but playing with your wife)

9 Likes

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by SamMilla1(m): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2012
Browse the internet. That is why i love smart phones with long battery lives. Nokia comes to mind. Thats what i do in situations like that. Though i doubt if i could wait that long.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Decapo: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2012
Sleep...dream...wake up....collect ur money and leave

4 Likes

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by slimming: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2012
Ask for newspaper
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Iko5000: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2012
While waiting , start making a plan that the next "busy big man" must pay 75 percent upfront before I do the job ,also remembering that the 75 percent includes your profit . what happens to the other 25 pecent which is now jara money u fit do am shakara that you dont have time to collect the money tongue as you too be "busy big man"

6 Likes

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Etumgbe(m): 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
You should be busy with his female secretary or maid too.

3 Likes

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by hydiciousb: 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2012

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
the man no get tv?? Nxt tym, Tune to Africa magic Yoruba n enjoy urself..
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by MMM2(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
Ask 4 a bottle of champagne tongue
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
Lolz...
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by nekaa(f): 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2012
This is something you should av tot about while u were waiting yesterday. If you didnt think about it means you actually had something doing to pass time.......
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by eledalo: 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sorry I kept you waiting bros, had some other stuff to do. Hope you got home okay.

1 Like

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Super1759: 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2012

1 Like

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Clemzy16(m): 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
"Pick my fingers" or "looks around the house endlessly."
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Lawconfessor(f): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
Iko5000: While waiting , start making a plan that the next "busy big man" must pay 75 percent upfront before I do the job ,also remembering that the 75 percent includes your profit . what happens to the other 25 pecent which is now jara money u fit do am shakara that you dont have time to collect the money tongue as you too be "busy big man"

True & sensibly talk... But it shuld depend on d level he is operating.
Der is competition in d labour mkt. Some ppl wil not mind doing d work wit der money den wait hell to collect deir money bak jst to impress n win further contract.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by gunuvi(m): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
Try sleep on their centre table and he will come out immediately to attend to you so you don't break it.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by harper7: 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
Busy big men should learn to respect other peoples time. Lost time can never be regained. I suggest such big men should enroll for etiquette classes.
visit www.nigerinewsnetwork.com for more.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by pauloskyo: 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
next time go inside his room,drag him outside,beat him very well and put ur hands inside his pocket collect ur money and leave.Then use ur hand and select eiher zone -9 umuahia or panti station

2 Likes

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by obowunmi(m): 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
I hate how business is done in Nigeria. There is no respect for other people's time.

This man you describe is NOT a big man - a real big man invites people to his office and not his house where he is getting busy with a prostitute. Rubbish - next time, ask him to see you in your office. Also, don't do the work without getting paid up front.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Bryan12(m): 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Make use of your cellphone.trust me it helps.sturf the net,ask weird questions,stroll your phonebook,delete old contacts,infact to go organiser,to notes,type a note of how you went to collect your job inheritance and how the client wasted your time,,,;/D

2 Likes

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Ndoz(m): 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sleep
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Bryan12(m): 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Make use of your cellphone.trust me it helps.sturf the net,ask weird questions,stroll your phonebook,delete old contacts,infact to go organiser,to notes,type a note of how you went to collect your job inheritance and how the client wasted your time,,, winkwink

1 Like

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
You got ur money and you are making noise.

What if i refused paying you that yesterday
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Image123(m): 1:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
gunuvi: Try sleep on their centre table and he will come out immediately to attend to you so you don't break it.
cheesy
gunuvi: Try sleep on their centre table and he will come out immediately to attend to you so you don't break it.
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Kslib(m): 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
Enter kitchen,put beans for fire.. Before the beans don,time go don go.. If you cook beans finish,the man no comot. Put yam for fire,if yam don and the man no comot. Then begin shout firr!! Fire!! Fire ohhh!!
Nobody go tell the man to come outside. When the man comot,tell am say you just dey pray against evil spirit using fire as the medium..

10 Likes

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Imoobot(m): 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
phone a friend to bring beans and rice mix together for u to start seperating..i just hope u finish on tym
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Mavrick2012: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
Playin politics wit girlfrnd?u too cal his daughter n play pdp wit ha.abi?

1 Like

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by shadrach77: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
listen to your ipod smiley smiley smiley
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Smartiegurl(f): 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
okpara ugo: You got ur money and you are making noise.

What if i refused paying you that yesterday
hahahahahahahahahaha. Ask him again. Nxt tym dnt pay him o
Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by ghettodreamz(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
Seems you're just starting the biz or firm, for you to have waited for complete 4hrs for him? Prolly you went there 2 collect millions of naira, cuz I don't see myself waiting that long if I were in your shoe sha.

Anyway, truth be told, that man lacks etiquette and has no regard whatsoever for the poor or those less richer. All I see, is a picture of an arrogant and selfish man whom you called a big man, which I'm not disputing.

Moreover, try and package yourself more better, at times presentation matter most and the impression you give people about yourself or business means a whole lot and would command you respect n contrariwise.

But glad you got your money sha, that's the koko....

1 Like

Re: Things To Do While Waiting For A Busy Big Man by Jarus(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
Ensure your phone is fully charged so you can keep surfing NL.

I once kept myself busy with my phone surfing NL while I waited to be called in for an interview.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aviation Scholarship. / An Unexpected Way To Stop People From Quitting / Kayode Olagunju: "Wole Soyinka Inspired My Passion For Road Safety"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.