Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,801 members, 7,841,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? (16765 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
Your parents have to come to understand that their era and ours are not the same. your sister not getting married at 31 is already under her own pressure and she doesnt need one especially from her parents. but there is another side to it, do your parents see her with other boys or men, that would warrant them to say why not bring one for us to see as your husband. we only see from the girls angle but lets also consider our wise parents. ask her the things she does when nobody is watching, may be dad n mum know but cant say.
Its well with your family.
Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by ziediolike(m): 12:03am On Nov 10, 2012
Catch_fire: because they want to tie gele and do owambe cool
and avoid guys frm free access
Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by afroxyz: 3:56am On Nov 10, 2012
Mckybarf: you will never appreciate it until you are a mother yourself. Its always a thing of pride for parents to see their children, especially girls, get married and are responsible- their joy knows no bounds when they finally get to hold their grandchildren in their arms. Its a feeling of mission accomplished and very fulfilling.
Abeg is marriage a prerequisite for sucess or fulfillment? Many people are trapped in broken homes because of parental pressure. God never made marriage a condition for getting into heaven

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by BabaEto1: 5:16am On Nov 10, 2012
It's natural for parents to be concerned about their wards who are single when they suppose to be married. There a lots of reasons why people remain single but I wouldn't want to go into that now but will like to simply advise the people concern should keep searching and wait for the right person. There is no need to rush regardless of their ages because God's time is the best. I personally believe everything has been ordained to happen at a particular time and no AMOUNT OF PRESSURE will change God's appointed time for a particular event. Do your best and leave the rest to God.
Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by kennethik: 6:54am On Nov 10, 2012
I understand that it can be Unbearable sometimes and some parents can give you such hard time.send me an email for some talks and cancelling kennethik@yahoo.com
Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by Rusau: 7:54am On Nov 10, 2012
[quote author=Mavrick2012]"Mum,should i go and be begging men on the street to marry me. YES U no mary but U no stop PUT comout PUT comout. :-D what is?
Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by Thok(m): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2012
'cos expiry date dey. grin
Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by nwgoziri(m): 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
Damitism: Pls, tell her this ''Unless you don't want to marry and get kids. You are playing with miscarridge and your menopause is fast approaching" 31 is not a small number in 'aging world' for women.
SEE U!HOW OLD are u?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by cowgurl: 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
Because most of them got married when they were 18. Secondly, among their peers, it is an honourable thing to have your kids(daughters) married and shameful if they aint especially when she is 30 or even 27.
Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by ohzee(f): 7:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
maclatunji: Maybe because they know that their daughters are having sex anyway with different men all in the name of courtship and they are like: "there is no perfect man anywhere, choose a reasonable one and make progress with your life."
. Very true. Parents have been taking care of you since you were born and believe me they know what it means to grow old alone without a partner. They can't help but mount that pressure. Its just like how they pressured you to pass jamb. They mean well. A lot of ladies are looking for utopia in a man that's why they stay single.
Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by juman(m): 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
She should get married sharp sharp. She is 31 already.
Re: Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? by babygirlfl: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2013
This article might help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mistakes Married Women (& Men) Make / How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) / Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.