Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London (7404 Views)

14-Year-Old Nigerian Fashion Designer Debuts In London & Florida / Remi Lagos Is Dead. / How Do I Get A Good Costmetologist In Lagos To Make A Good Tone Cream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by LailaIkeji1: 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
According to the the funeral arrangements for the late Remi Osholake - Remi Lagos, the 51-year-old Nigerian fashion icon will be cremated at the Golders Green Crematorium in London on Friday, November 16, 2012.

Remi Lagos had passed on in London last Saturday following a battle with cancer.

There will however be a lying-in-state and viewing on Thursday, November 15 at the JH Kenyon funeral home and Reception and tribute in Lagos: 6th December 2012. Landmark event center, Plot 3 and 4 water coporation rd Oniru off Ligali Ayorinde VI. Time 6pm.

http://www.lailaikeji.com/2012/11/late-remi-lagos-to-be-cremated-in-london.html
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2012
Dear Moderators,
This is to inform you that the spate of trivias with no educational values, enlightenment values, comic values or entertaining values flooding the front page has attained an unbearable crescendo. Whose business is it that some dead man somewhere is being cremated?
Thanks for your expected co-operation as you take proactive steps to stop the menacing culture.

8 Likes

Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by seedord247(m): 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
2 of your post just rush enter frontpage how you tey dey do am abi mod they collect bribe from ya hand.
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by crackhouse(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2012
O.k, i am ready to smoke his ashes when it's done.
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by topsyking: 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
Cremation is Normal tin UK nw..

1 Like

Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by topsyking: 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
crackhouse: O.k, i am ready to smoke his ashes when it's done.
After u smoke am, be ready to join her..cos na cancer kill am
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Afam4eva(m): 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
seedord247: 2 of your post just rush enter frontpage how you tey dey do am abi mod they collect bribe from ya hand.
I'm beginning to think Seun also own LailaiIkeji or she's dating the lady like one garri guy said.

1 Like

Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by africanrapper: 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
1supremo: Dear Moderators,
This is to inform you that the spate of trivias with no educational values, enlightenment values, comic values or entertaining values flooding the front page has attained an unbearable crescendo. Whose business is it that some dead man somewhere is being cremated?
Thanks for your expected co-operation as you take proactive steps to stop the menacing culture.

Oga, (jiri nwayo o) take am easy o.

All this grammar just to say that 'FrontPage is getting boring these days'?

very soon, you go become Patrick Obahiagbon for Nairaland.

#utchay#

1 Like

Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm beginning to think Seun also own LailaiIkeji or she's dating the lady like one garri guy said.

Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
Is she an Indian...why the cremation
Pls no insult
#justasking
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by LailaIkeji1: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:

but seriously, my posts no dey make sense? lwkmd! cool
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
[quote author=1supremo][/quote] Y should he be banned? He said one "garri" guy. Referring to a person. How come u passed ur English is WEAC? I'm sure u bought the grade. D way some people respond on NL makes me wonder if they are Human beings or Aliens from Outer space.
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Afam4eva(m): 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
Laila Ikeji:

but seriously, my posts no dey make sense? lwkmd! cool
You dey try...btw, i voted for you in the blog awards.
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
solidbroda: How come u passed ur English is WEAC? D way some people respond on NL makes me wonder if they are Human beings or Aliens from Outer space.

Give me a reason why you shouldn't be dubbed "Alien" with your fine communication skills?
This is the world of humans. We don't understand what you mean by WEAC. Now who's the alien?
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Ishilove: 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
1supremo:

Give me a reason why you shouldn't be dubbed "Alien" with your fine communication skills?
This is the world of humans. We don't understand what you mean by WEAC. Now who's the alien?
grin
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by rodeo0070(m): 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
Johnwizzy: Is she an Indian...why the cremation
Pls no insult
#justasking
Cremation is not limited to India only, my Brother.
Its her choice my friend...
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Ishilove: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
At least this beats "Picture of Davido eating apku"
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Revolva(m): 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
seedord247: 2 of your post just rush enter frontpage how you tey dey do am abi mod they collect bribe from ya hand.

I keep wonderring is it because she is related to linda ikeji - ojoro dey dis nairaland o - when ever I post na so dem go push am somewhere else
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by LailaIkeji1: 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:
You dey try...btw, i voted for you in the blog awards.

Awwwwwww, you 'is' the sweetest, loveliest, darlingest, amongst all nl men. thank u sooo mch.

Revolva:

I keep wonderring is it because she is related to linda ikeji - ojoro dey dis nairaland o - when ever I post na so dem go push am somewhere else

Am not related to Linda at alllllll, dear Rev.

1 Like

Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
Cremation is a Hindu pagan tradition which has become popular amongst other groups because it is a whole lot cheaper than buying a burial plot and having a proper funeral.
I find it extremely inhumane
Can you imagine your loved one placed in a furnace,fired up at thousands of degrees and burnt to ashes
shocked shocked shocked shocked
olorun ma je
I couldn't even subject my dog to that sort of treatment in death what more a human being.
A proper burial is always a more respectable thing to do.
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Revolva(m): 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
Laila Ikeji:

Awwwwwww, you 'is' the sweetest, loveliest, darlingest, amongst all nl men. thank u sooo mch.

Am not related to Linda at alllllll, dear Rev.

So now you own a blog and styled the name like linda -ooommm strategy to grab traffic so wats ikeji doing there am sure don't tell us lie you are her cousin
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
Baby mama: Can you imagine your loved one placed in a furnace,fired up at thousands of degrees and burnt to ashes
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yes, if that's what they requested before death.

Baby mama: A proper burial is always a more respectable thing to do.

The respectable thing to do, is to carry out one's dying wishes. If someone made it clear that's how they wished to be interred, then you're duty-bound to respect that wish. If you do what YOU like with regards to this, remember you can't change it later on.
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by eboeboy: 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
Laila Ikeji, how much do you pay Seun that 90% of your posts end up on the front page?

Between March and now, you've created 154 topics and 100+ ended up on the front page! shocked And by the way, we are sick of you adding your cr@ppy blog as a link to topics.
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2012

That's why as humans, we have that thing called CHOICE. You can't please everyone - what may interest you, may be totally lacklustre to others, and vise-versa. It's called Diversity. That's why threads have TITLES. This thread was quite clear - the title was in no way misleading, so as it bores you to distraction, you had the option to ignore it. But you didn't, you chose to click on it.

Who's fault is that then?
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
Siena:

Yes, if that's what they requested before death.

The respectable thing to do, is to carry out one's dying wishes. If someone made it clear that's how they wished to be interred, then you're duty-bound to respect that wish. If you do what YOU like with regards to this, remember you can't change it later on.

Was that her wish? To be cremated ?
Why?
Financial reasons?
She has no immediate family or what?
Abomination!!
Where I come from,the body is usually flown back to be buried in their ancestral land as respect,burying a Nigerian in London is usually due to cost , what more burning them at 2000 degrees and grinding up the remains to powder and placing it in a bottle
How awful
Thankfully I have no relatives that will make such a weird wish

May her soul RIP
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
Baby mama: Was that her wish? To be cremated ?

Most likely. I doubt she was cremated without her say-so.

Baby mama: Why?

She would have had her reasons, which she'd have not been oblighed to share.

Baby mama: Financial reasons?

I doubt the late Remi Lagos was a pauper.

Baby mama: She has no immediate family or what?

She had immediate family. But they chose to do the right thing - respect her wishes.

Baby mama: Where I come from,the body is usually flown back to be buried in their ancestral land as respect

Out of respect to whom? Don't the dead deserve respect?

Baby mama: burying a Nigerian in London is usually due to cost

Again, I doubt the late Remi Lagos was that poor.

Baby mama: Thankfully I have no relatives that will make such a weird wish

Mama, never say never. No one can tell how many relatives they have, and what their wishes with regards internment may be. Even our immediate family, it's impossible to tell. It's not like it's a subject that comes up in the course of a casual conversation. Such requests are the responsibility of their attorney or other Executor of Estate. When a will is written, such requests can be made at the same time. And their attorney will make sure these requests are carried out to the letter.
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Siena:

That's why as humans, we have that thing called CHOICE. You can't please everyone - what may interest you, may be totally lacklustre to others, and vise-versa. It's called Diversity. That's why threads have TITLES.

Your points clearly state the reasons why there are different sections on the forum. Front page, however, should only be reserved for topics with popular appeal.
Thank you!
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by nous(f): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:

I think it made front page because cremation is not a common culture in Nigeria and Remi Lagos was a Nigerian.
May her soul RIP
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
1supremo: Your points clearly state the reasons why there are different sections on the forum. Front page, however, should only be reserved for topics with popular appeal.

Thank you!

No one has the exclusive right to decide what makes Front Page.

As I stated earlier, you have the choice to select what may be of interest to you from the Front Page. Again, what you may find interesting, others may find boring. There's enough material on the Front Page to choose from, so why the beef? I don't like all the topics that appear there, so I don't click on them, period!

As for different sections on Nairaland, I'm well aware of their existence. And I also appreciate the fact the Front Page carries topics that relates to ALL sections. Pick what interests you, read and contribute. What more do you want?
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by Ufeolorun(m): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
You cant know Remi Lagos if you don't have interest in small or medium sized,home grown businesses or get inspired by strong women who do extra ordinary things but i guess small minded titles like "Enugu state has more tall buidlidng" or "Dino sleeps with Bisi"cheesy would make more sense in the front page to you.
Shior!
Re: Late Remi Lagos To Be Cremated In London by twentycent(m): 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2012
solidbroda: Y should he be banned? He said one "garri" guy. Referring to a person. How come u passed ur English is WEAC? I'm sure u bought the grade. D way some people respond on NL makes me wonder if they are Human beings or Aliens from Outer space.

Ask him if he hasn't eaten garri this week.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where To Get Good & Affordable Bras And Panties! / Should Nigerian Women Be Forced To Go To Gym. / Sylvester Stallone's Watch - Panerai Luminor 1950

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.