Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Let's Learn How To Speak Igbo Here - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Let's Learn How To Speak Igbo Here (1523 Views)

The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / Caribbean Indigenes Speak Igbo & Yoruba Languages / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Learn How To Speak Igbo Here by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
Fellow nairalanders, let's use here as a medium for Igbo language learning for those of us who is interested in that beautiful language.

Pls, Igbo brothers and sisters are all welcome to teach us how to speak this language.
Re: Let's Learn How To Speak Igbo Here by Caseless: 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
Hmmmm...igbo and ebura are difficult to learn, but if i can learn those languages in two years then i'm very sure i wil be able to learn icelandic in 3 months. Anyway, let's see how it goes....
Re: Let's Learn How To Speak Igbo Here by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
Moderator shld pls place this on the front page so that people can respond and learn

Pls how do you say...how is your health? In Igbo?
Re: Let's Learn How To Speak Igbo Here by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
Who is going to teach us Igbo here?
Re: Let's Learn How To Speak Igbo Here by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
Moderators...this should be a permanent topic on the front page why move it into culture? Yes, I understand language is part of our culture but this is for educational purpose and I believe it should be left in the Education forum.
Re: Let's Learn How To Speak Igbo Here by odumchi: 5:03am On Nov 12, 2012
netsurf: Moderators...this should be a permanent topic on the front page why move it into culture? Yes, I understand language is part of our culture but this is for educational purpose and I believe it should be left in the Education forum.

A similar thread already exists.

https://www.nairaland.com/1098993/want-learn-igbo-language-thread/3

netsurf: Moderator shld pls place this on the front page so that people can respond and learn

Pls how do you say...how is your health? In Igbo?

"How is your health" is "Ahu o di gi"?
Re: Let's Learn How To Speak Igbo Here by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
Thanks @ responder and the mod.

Pls how do you say Good Evining?

Good Morning

Good Afternoon in igbo?
Re: Let's Learn How To Speak Igbo Here by odumchi: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
netsurf: Thanks @ responder and the mod.

Pls how do you say Good Evining?

Good Morning

Good Afternoon in igbo?

No problem.

'Good morning' is 'I bola chi?' or 'I tetela?'
The phrases 'good evening' and 'good afternoon' do not exist naturally in Igbo. However, the most natural way to greet someone at any time of day after the morning is 'ndeewo'. 'Ndeewo' can have a host of meanings depending on how and when it is used.

(1) (Reply)

The Female Pastor Who Preaches With Her "Manchester" Exposed / Why Black People Are Becoming Extinct / Ever Wondered How Nigeria’s Traditional Rulers Are Selected???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.