Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

SUREP, Public Misinformation Or Politicians Deceits? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SUREP, Public Misinformation Or Politicians Deceits? (1261 Views)

Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records / Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / Pictures Of Rochas Okorocha's Evil Deceits In Imo State (must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SUREP, Public Misinformation Or Politicians Deceits? by ziccoit: 7:53am On Nov 10, 2012
WYESUREP- Women Youth Employment Subsidy Re-investement Empowerment Program. The Federal Ministry of Finance program.

A friend send me a link to WYESUREP site asking me to register with them that I would be paying 150k per month without affecting my primary job! Just like that, I thought.

Two days after, two other people passed similar message via bbm. One of them explained that this has become a public thing that he couldn't imagine I didn't know already.

I searched the "which-going-to-be-ATM-machine" program on google and entered the site. There is nowhere on the site that indicates 150k would be given out to the people. In fact it is going to be all about training of interested applicants. I know a lot of NLers must have heard about this and many would have applied with thought of being entitled to 150k monthly. Cool money. Money you don't work for.

This is where I'm going. Why are politicians misinforming the people about a program that has not even taken off? Why are they targeting the grass root to disseminate these dubious ideas? Is this all about of 2015? Why the FG not sponsors radio programs and jingles in people local language to inform them about what the program is and not?

The frenzy this absurd offering has generated in the public left no doubt that most educated Nigerians are dumb.
Re: SUREP, Public Misinformation Or Politicians Deceits? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
Its only someone with CRIMINAL tendencies that will believe the story of govt paying N150,000 monthly to persons without doing any work. I'm not surprised that many of you feel for the STUPID lie. What i understand from SURE-P women and youth empowerment project is that 10,000 or so persons will be employed per state to do some menial jobs(like road sweeping,etc) and they will be paid monthly stipends like N10,000. I heard the nature of work is such that one can combine it with whatever one is currently doing. Also some who are educated may be deployed to established companies as interns and paid the same monthly stipends for a yr or so, after which the parent company can decide whether to permanently employ such persons(if they perform well in the period under review) or even if they are disengaged by the company it is expected that such persons may have learnt one or 2 skills to either start something on their own or seek for employment somewhere else with richer CV

1 Like

Re: SUREP, Public Misinformation Or Politicians Deceits? by ziccoit: 10:06am On Nov 11, 2012
Well said. People need to be reeducated beyond the university etc education degree they might have acquired. Imagine a Nigerian NCE graduate telling me she doesn't know how to send SMS on a phone she is using! What kind of thing is that? You need to be at the grassroot to understand how people have misinterpreted this project. You that don't go with their line of thought is labelled proven-too-known and all sorts. I am tired. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Important Northern Christians Targeted For Assasination? / REVEALED: How APC Plans To Win 2015 Presidency •moves To Capture Kano, Rivers / Abia 2015 and the Ngwa Dilemma: Who Will Lead The Pack?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.