Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, (15438 Views)

FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations / Fashola Blames Okada For Damoche’s Murder / Lagos To Ban Okada, Fashola’s Committee Endorses Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by slap1(m): 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
It's ok that you don't deem it proper to ban okada, but saying that you belong to the working class is bullsh!t, just being politically correct.
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by ABUGEORGE(m): 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
playcharles: Motocycle (okada) can neva and will neva be a form of transportation in any state or country who seeks development... Oshimole pls put on ur thinking cap or start thinkin outside the Box
is you who need to put up ur thinkin cap, look at d way u even reason self, did u forget after dat put feed through dat okada, pay school fees, train their family, wen no job did u know how many graduate are using to survive, may God forgive u, by their foot u'll know dem, people like u are d one causing pains to their fellow human being, u're rich through ur means, if someone comes to take dat means from you how will u feel. Bullshit

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by obalolaunited(m): 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2012
If ur blackbUrry is hanging hold ALT, press LGLG, then press  menu and clear log no need 2 remove ur battery any more...ℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ if u've tried it
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by velo10: 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
I'm pretty surprised some ppl are actually in support of Okada bans in states like Lagos. Over 50,000 okadas are used to eke a living. Banning okadas without warning is certainly going to throw tens of thousands of men into unemployment. I think our leaders need to be reoriented on the consequences of high youth unemployment. If the ban was only for highways, its understandable but well the ban is for the entire roads in Lagos.
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by eledalo: 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2012
So the angry Lagos okada riders and passengers can go to Edo. no harm no foul.
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by playcharles(m): 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2012
velo10: I'm pretty surprised some ppl are actually in support of Okada bans in states like Lagos. Over 50,000 okadas are used to eke a living. Banning okadas without warning is certainly going to throw tens of thousands of men into unemployment. I think our leaders need to be reoriented on the consequences of high youth unemployment. If the ban was only for highways, its understandable but well the ban is for the entire roads in Lagos.
Mallam...okada was neva banned in lagos, they were only restricted in some major roads( out of 9000 roads, they were restricted to move only in 400 roads... Open ur dict and try to undastand the meaning of Banned and restriction

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by playcharles(m): 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
ABU GEORGE: is you who need to put up ur thinkin cap, look at d way u even reason self, did u forget after dat put feed through dat okada, pay school fees, train their family, wen no job did u know how many graduate are using to survive, may God forgive u, by their foot u'll know dem, people like u are d one causing pains to their fellow human being, u're rich through ur means, if someone comes to take dat means from you how will u feel. Bullshit
I guess u need stat thinkin wit ur small intestine... Typical hypocrite
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by ifyalways(f): 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
Pato405 and Omicron, if you guys just got to Benin pre Oshimole then you guys are in no position to query my stance.

You need to have been in Benin before and after Oshe baba to rate him especially in the area of road network and transportation.

Btw, I'm not an indigene so have nothing really at stake here. Just saying as I SAW and EXperienced
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by playcharles(m): 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
ABU GEORGE: is you who need to put up ur thinkin cap, look at d way u even reason self, did u forget after dat put feed through dat okada, pay school fees, train their family, wen no job did u know how many graduate are using to survive, may God forgive u, by their foot u'll know dem, people like u are d one causing pains to their fellow human being, u're rich through ur means, if someone comes to take dat means from you how will u feel. Bullshit
I guess u need stat thinkin wit ur small intestine... Typical hypocrite... The blood of aboki runs in u, ur name denote it
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by Weirdone(m): 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
playcharles: ( out of 9000 roads, they were restricted to move only in 400 roads... Open ur dict and try to undastand the meaning of Banned and restriction
Mr. Dictionary man, wat is the difference between a ban and a restriction? All no be prohibition? Or are you trying to tell us that okada riders can ply those routes in Lagos that the state Government has restricted them from riding. because pple are commenting, u sef say make u follow disgrace urself.
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by OK1(m): 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by solutions247(m): 1:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
fellis:

You should be the one to shut up, because you very obviously know nothing about the things Oshiomole has done in Edo state.
People like you just type critisms about any politician, whether or not you know anything about them.
You just criticize.
Next time, before you open your ignorant trap to say that Oshiomole has not created any good motorable roads in Edo state, ask anyone who actually lives in Edo state how well he is doing with regards to creating motorable roads.

Follow follow.
Mr. Others-are-citisizing-so-I-must-also-critize.
wow thats a gud start 4 a brainwashed nicomple lyk him..AS if here is twitter where sum brainles dumb fools should jst folow anything that oda biga fools did..
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by Bolan123: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
There is something I have observed in NL. It has to do with chalatants who read headlines without going through the full story before commenting. I see some of them as educated illitrates. This is with particular reference to the Yoruba folks.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by lekkie073(m): 1:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
okada is being banned in states with progressive policies, not states still flourishing on archaic thinking. edo is not even in the top ten developed states in the country.
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by ignis: 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
HNosegbe: No problem sir. I hope the hospitals are well-equipped to handle the influx of okada accident victims, and the policemen to deal with okada-facilitated robberies.
STFU
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by OK1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
ABU GEORGE: You people can say wateve u wants to say, dat is freedom of speech, u dont expect all governor to ban okada just becos okada is banned is other state, before u ban okada wat did u create for dem dat is one question u need to ask urself becos dis same okada people voted for u and display their ride for u. Oshio is not perfect but is a reasonable man different from others. Edo people luv d man and he dont want to take food from any one's mouth. Am proud to be edo even if am not in d country but i can hear all his good towards his people. Long live edo
whn r u returning 4rm Niger Republic?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by lekkie073(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
ignis:
STFU
is this a comment?
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
lekkie073:
is this a comment?

Why did you bother replying him?
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by duality(m): 1:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
now the ACN goons and apologist are in discordant tune. just Bcoz Adams said the truth. Only leaders who are in touch with reality would speak like Adams.

when you make the right provisions you don't need draconian laws. Go to those towns where bicycle was common. you'd hardly find those bicycle. no government banned bicycle in those places. when the government makes transportation provision , okada will naturally disappear.

Adams gets my thumbs up.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by omicron(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
ifyalways: Pato405 and Omicron, if you guys just got to Benin pre Oshimole then you guys are in no position to query my stance.

You need to have been in Benin before and after Oshe baba to rate him especially in the area of road network and transportation.

Btw, I'm not an indigene so have nothing really at stake here. Just saying as I SAW and EXperienced
I was not in Edo pre- oshiomole, but that is another issue altogether. This part of your post is what I sought to correct, this part: "when it comes to road network and infrastructure, Oshi baba beats Fashola and all"ban okada" governors." And I'm sure I made my point. Oshio may have been a hero so far in Edo, but yet your quoted statement above remains invalid.
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by imarena(f): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
Hypocrite of the highest order! Fraudstar
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
duality: now the ACN goons and apologist are in discordant tune. just Bcoz Adams said the truth. Only leaders who are in touch with reality would speak like Adams.

when you make the right provisions you don't need draconian laws.
Go to those towns where bicycle was common. you'd hardly find those bicycle. no government banned bicycle in those places. when the government makes transportation provision , okada will naturally disappear.

Adams gets my thumbs up.

Unfortunately, one needs common sense to realise this fact, but common sense is not so common - least of all on NL. How reasonable is it to ban before finding alternatives? Is that how Oyinbo people achieved their own development?

Foolish, lazy, and unintelligent 'leaders' (including Fashola) always prefer the low-hanging fruit and the easy way out of problems. On the other hand, sensible and mentally balanced leaders like Oshiomhole prefer to address issues from the root and tackle the difficult questions instead of the easy ones - just how developed societies typically do.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by DSoj(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
It is only a Foolish wicked barbaric anti people anti masses unethical immoral satanic govt dat will ban something which has been in use for years without putting in place an equally functional and active means for wat he bans

Read Oshiomole's interview, he said b4 he bans, he must put in place alternatives.
Not a Fashola dat does d reverse.
I don't blame d brain maggots supporting Fashola, its simply because the av cars and beliv everyone does.
The poor are wayyyy more in number dan d rich.

Oshiomole is human
Fashola is barbaric

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by smartg(m): 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
I can still support some Governors in d way they banned their own okada, by providing an alternative 4 for okada riders but i don't support Fashola d way he banned okadas without any provisions for them. Fashola even worsen okada's problem by putting them in jail nd asking them to bail their selves with their last card

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by ziccoit: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
A medical doctor (prof) once told me Okada injury has made the classification of fracture/injury difficult in Nigeria. That test book could not help sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by smartg(m): 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2012
long live oshomole

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by onyekabe(m): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
iamswizz:
thats right.. Bcaus 90% of robbery activities modus operandi are carried out with okadas.. Right?
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by Bolan123: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2012
D'Soj:
It is only a Foolish wicked barbaric anti people anti masses unethical immoral satanic govt dat will ban something which has been in use for years without putting in place an equally functional and active means for wat he bans

Read Oshiomole's interview, he said b4 he bans, he must put in place alternatives.
Not a Fashola dat does d reverse.
I don't blame d brain maggots supporting Fashola, its simply because the av cars and beliv everyone does.
The poor are wayyyy more in number dan d rich.

Oshiomole is human
Fashola is barbaric

Don't mind the maggot infested brains talking trash here.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by texazzpete(m): 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2012
HNosegbe: No problem sir. I hope the hospitals are well-equipped to handle the influx of okada accident victims, and the policemen to deal with okada-facilitated robberies.

When they beg you m0r0ns to go to school, you will refuse. Okadas have been plying the streets of benin for well over a decade now. Why do you think there will be an 'influx' of accident victims and armed robbers over the norm?

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by overdrive(m): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
Man of d people.this is d messiah that nigerians need come 2019.
Re: Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, by texazzpete(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
ayolatun: People don not always want change and that's what the ban of okada will do;bring change. It will bring change in a positive manner although we may experience a liitle bit of difficult in moving around. This change will reduce the number of accidents on our roads and this change will bring about development. In other more developed countries like Japan ,USA etc, Ɣ☺ΰ don't find "okada" as a means of commercial transportation. This is not to say Ɣ☺ΰ can't purchase a motorcycle and use it for private use. I could keep on writing this and d̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅τ̲̅ but I believe Governor Fashola has taken the right step.

Tell me how banning Okada will bring development.

Shouldn't the transport sector development/rejuvenation be in place BEFORE banning Okadas?

Unfortunately, Fashola erred grievously but putting the cart before the horse.

ACN supporters are rank hypocrites. You blame the FG for removing subsidy before fixing refineries yet hail Fashola for banning Okada without putting in place modern transportation facilities.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sagay Rejects Calls For Adeosun’s Sack Over NYSC Certificate / Magu: Buhari Keeps Lobbyists In Suspense As Battle For EFCC Top Job Steps Up / Peter Nwachukwu Didn’t Escape, Says Correctional Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.