Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote (2823 Views)

Senator Buruji Kashamu And His Security Men At An Event. / Governor Ajimobi Playing Draft With His Security Aide (Photo) / Ambode & His Security Chiefs On Early Morning Patrol In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by cola: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2008
It was disclosed during the week by the National Assembly that Pres. Yar'Adua did not spend a kobo from his security votes for the 7 months of 2007. This money is close to a billion naira and is not meant to be accounted for. And this man did not even make any noise about it until discovered by the NASS

I think this is really commendable.

What do you guys make of this esp. viz-a-viz leadership by example and war on graft?
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Seun(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2008
Liar. How can the president's pocket money be "close to a billion naira"? Ok, name your source.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by cola: 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2008
And who's the liar here, Seun?

As for source get This Day of Friday 1st Feb and The Punch of Sat. 2nd Feb

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=102075

Even some governors have close to a 100m as secutity vote per month!
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by deor03(m): 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2008
shocked embarassed seun, it's been over 2 hours since your last post on this issue
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Truequest(m): 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2008
Liar. How can the president's pocket money be "close to a billion naira"?

Hey Oga you got Cola wrong He said that though Mr President has the right to spend this money whatever he chooses without question, as the money is his security vote anyway and no one questions how presidents an governors spend their security vote. Remember Adedibu/Ladoja saga "Am I not entitled to 1/3 f his security vote".

I must commend Yaradua on this; Hope his prudency will continue and translate to other good things for us.
Nigeria will rise again, we have the men and resources!

I only pray the men that mean well for the nation will continually find their way to the top.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2008
He has not spent a single kobo of his SECURITY VOTE in 7 months, which according to the article is his personal money to spend?? ok,  Has he been spending Money that belongs to the Nigerian people then?? If yes, what has he been spending it on and what good can we speak of his spending practises I mean a man can keep his own account in good standing and all but what matters more is how he deals with the account that does not belong to him. How much of Nigerians money has he spent in that 7 month period, on what and what has Nigeria gained since then??

Do we have to commend him for not spending the money for 7 months or even for seven years when it is his to spend as he chooses What is this?? Kindergarten Should we get him ice cream and stroke his ego while we are at it ?? Come on , What about focusing on what really matters more in that country
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by doyindamus: 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2008
THE SECURITY VOTE NONSENSE IS THE MOST GLARING SYMPTOM OF THE SICKNESS OF THE NIGERIAN POLITICAL SYSTEM.

A COUNTRY WHERE APPARENTLY MONEY IS SCARCE IS GIVING MONEY AWAY TO ROBBER POLITICIANS TO SPEND AS THEY WANT
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT SENSE IS IN THAT

EVEN COUNTRIES THAT ARE AWASH WITH CASH DO NOT SHOW SUCH EXTRAVAGANCE.

I HATE THESE BASTARDS. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I HOPE THE NIGER DELTA MILITANTS SUCCEED angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by debosky(m): 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2008
In light of the blatant abuse of 'security votes' in the past dispensations, his action is laudable.

I haven't read the particular article in question, but my understanding is that he refused to spend those funds because such security votes are not subject to accountability and scrutiny as other fundsare, so instead of doing what may potentially be interpreted as corrupt, he has refused to do that in order to maintain his anti-corruption stance.

It may not be a big achievement, but it is worthy of note because of the previous abuse.

he can be assessed on what funds he has spent so far vis a vis the results obtained if the information is available.

My personal opinion is that the entire concept of 'security vote' should be abolished in order to prevent the high level of abuse it is subject to.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by cola: 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2008
Kobojunkie:

He has not spent a single kobo of his SECURITY VOTE in 7 months, which according to the article is his personal money to spend?? ok, Has he been spending Money that belongs to the Nigerian people then?? If yes, what has he been spending it on and what good can we speak of his spending practises I mean a man can keep his own account in good standing and all but what matters more is how he deals with the account that does not belong to him. How much of Nigerians money has he spent in that 7 month period, on what and what has Nigeria gained since then??

Do we have to commend him for not spending the money for 7 months or even for seven years when it is his to spend as he chooses What is this?? Kindergarten Should we get him ice cream and stroke his ego while we are at it ?? Come on , What about focusing on what really matters more in that country

hey! easy man!

you got something wrong.

The security vote does not go into his personal account. If it isn't spent, it is returned to the treasury. But if spent, it is unaccounted for.

So his security votes for 7 months has been returned and captured in the 2008 budget.

There is no point being beefy about everything. When there is something commendable, let's commend it. Period.

@doyin

exactly the reason his action is commendable. He obviously believe what you believe that the security vote is a luxury Nigeria can't afford. We need leaders that believe in such prudent use of public fund.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Feb 02, 2008
cola:

hey! easy man!

you got something wrong.

The security vote does not go into his personal account. If it isn't spent, it is returned to the treasury. But if spent, it is unaccounted for.
So his security votes for 7 months has been returned and captured in the 2008 budget.
There is no point being beefy about everything. When there is something commendable, let's commend it. Period.
@doyin

exactly the reason his action is commendable. He obviously believe what you believe that the security vote is a luxury Nigeria can't afford. We need leaders that believe in such prudent use of public fund

I am sorry if my view does not line up with the peaches and roses view of things. The security vote, according to your post, is for him to spend as he chooses, right??. If it goes back in circulation that is fine. Like I made clear the measure of his government has little to do with how he chooses to spend his security vote but how he spends the money that belongs to the Nigerian people. If he does not spend his security vote which is say 0.0001 % of the annual budget but spends 5 % of the Nigerian people's money on talk and little to no action policies, what good is that to the average Nigerian

He has been in office over 7 months now. Some of us are actually more concerned about progress here and not how he chooses to spend the little, when the much is flowing down the drain with each month he spends without implementing a solution of one kind or another. You do realize that Nigeria looses billions each month we continue in the state we are in now?? And when compared to a million in security vote, that is nothing
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by ono(m): 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2008
JunkieKobo,
Do you mind explaining what the hell that signature statement of your mean?
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2008
ono:

JunkieKobo,
Do you mind explaining what the hell that signature statement of your mean?

Did I offend you with my NICKNAME now or with my post which happens to be my view even if you do not buy into it??
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by debosky(m): 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2008
@ kobo

maybe you're getting something wrong, the security vote is a government allocation placed under discretionary control of the president/governor. . .it is as much a part of Nigeria's money as any other part of the budget. If he is being astute and above board by not using such funds and returning them to the treasury - a clear departure from past practices where we had no inkling of what or how the funds were spent.

It is laudable that he is trying to set good precedents in small things, this needs to go further and reflect in judicious use of the resources in general to make significant impacts on the Nigerian economy and the lives of the citizens.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2008
debosky:

@ kobo

maybe you're getting something wrong, the security vote is a government allocation placed under discretionary control of the president/governor. . .it is as much a part of Nigeria's money as any other part of the budget. If he is being astute and above board by not using such funds and returning them to the treasury - a clear departure from past practices where we had no inkling of what or how the funds were spent.

It is laudable that he is trying to set good precedents in small things, this needs to go further and reflect in judicious use of the resources in general to make significant impacts on the Nigerian economy and the lives of the citizens.

That may be the case for you but I do not commend a president for not spending his security vote as you do. I choose to focus more on the higher percentage of the budget that he is supposed to use to implement solutions to help the country as a whole, as against security vote which is for his use as he pleases. For someone like me, the article should have given us more detail on how much he actually spent last year and what he accomplished in that time, then compare it to how much he did not spend of his security vote to give us a better idea of what really is.

I am not anti-yaradua but I am a realist and in this case, put all together to understand reality of things. I mean this is sort of like saying,  IBB did a good job by putting up the third mainland bridge in Lagos but when you look closely, you find out that money spent on the project was way over the actual worth of the project . grin

Simple business logic, if a person saves a company $1 million dollars by not using his business account for purchases that he is allowed to but in the same year this employee cost the company $100 million dollars, I am not sure the company will give him an award or even commend him for not spending a dime of his business account allotment at the company end of year party, if he is still employed till then.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by seguno2: 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2008
I also beleive what he has done is very laudable.
In our abused and mismanaged country, small positive and consistent gestures such as Yara has been doing should be encouraged so he can do more.
The man has said he is not a fire brigade person, whereby you address issues on ad-hoc emergency basis without reasoning through. OBJ threw billions on the energy & roads problems-any results Maybe it has to do with Yara's analytical/scientific training.
Let us stop all this our gra-gra mentality dey rush pass russians. Rather we should take our own individual small steps to make Nigeria work & great again
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by vigasimple(m): 7:14pm On Feb 02, 2008
I agree with KOBOJUNKIE.

It is commendable of the president for being prudent with his spending of security votes monies. As KOBOJUNKIE said he may not be spending his security votes but may be spending a larger sum of the country monies. we don't know and we may not know.

On the larger issue,

WHAT CAN ANYBODY TELL US (IF ANY) THAT THIS PRESIDENT HAS DONE SINCE COMING TO OFFICE OVER 8 MONTHS AGO.

We are not asking for abuse or shouting but specific things this government has done since coming to office.

Government will not be judge on whether or not they spend or not spend their security votes (which is commendable and send a message about non- corruption) but what exactly has the government done or can we see any vision that we can point out to.

@ seguno2

I also agree with you but we must also find balance between gra-gra, garrisson mentality and dullness(snail speed). so I will argue that Mr yar A'dull is just too slow and that is why they call him Baba go slow.- Even Lagos traffic 'go slow' is much better than him

That is the debate we Nigerians should get into.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by doyindamus: 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2008
LAUDABLE MY FOOT. . .IF ANYTHING HIS MISERLINESS IS A BIT OFFPUTTING.
DRINKING GARRI WHILE ROME BURNS angry angry angry angry angry angry

NOT ONLY SHOULD THERE NOT BE A SECURITY VOTE. . .THEY MAKE IT WORSE BY SAYING SPEND AS YOU WISH.

I WILL LAUD HIM WHEN HE COMES OUT AND OPENS HIS MOUTH AGAINST THE PRACTICE.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2008
doyindamus:

LAUDABLE MY FOOT. . .IF ANYTHING HIS MISERLINESS IS A BIT OFFPUTTING.
DRINKING GARRI WHILE ROME BURNS angry angry angry angry angry angry

NOT ONLY SHOULD THERE NOT BE A SECURITY VOTE. . .THEY MAKE IT WORSE BY SAYING SPEND AS YOU WISH.

I WILL LAUD HIM WHEN HE COMES OUT AND OPENS HIS MOUTH AGAINST THE PRACTICE.

THAT IS GOOD!! LMAO!!!!
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by 4Him(m): 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2008
he didnt spend his security vote and so what? There is still no light, no water, no security, roads are bad and telecoms is collapsing . . .
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by oldie(m): 8:17pm On Feb 02, 2008
Don't good little things (even when they are symbolic) matter anymore?
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by ono(m): 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2008
Who cares. sad
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Seun(m): 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2008
According to cola, the op:
Yar'Adua did not spend a kobo from his security votes for the 7 months of 2007.
This money is close to a billion naira and is not meant to be accounted for.

According to the newspaper article:
He said that the money, which runs into several millions of naira for the six months (May-December 2007), would be appropriated and recaptured in the 2008 budget which may be passed in the second week of February.

How does "several millions of naira" imply "close to a billion naira"?? Admit it, you lied.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Lady2(f): 12:46am On Feb 04, 2008
@Kobojunkie

How long does it take to build a nation? How long does it take to wrong 47 years of wrong?
If ur answer is 7 months then my dear u don't live in reality.
I think u should go check ur reality first before u open ur mouth.

I also doubt u keep up with the events of the nation because if u did u would notice that so far there has been a change, it may not be drastic and immediate but there are better things. Don't forget that tat this point Naijarians don't trust government and a leader needs the trust and supposrt of his people. Yar'Adua is commendable because he recognises that he can't accomplish much without his people and their trust and support. Whereas others have completely ignored the people, he has recognised them. Relative to others he is commendable.
If u have so much anger in u, then please place ur burden on the Lord, he is willing to help.

Just want to leave u with this: "it is better to be thought a fool than to be known as one"
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by debosky(m): 12:54am On Feb 04, 2008
nice comment Lady

A leader trying to build up legitimacy and good precedents for others to follow is hastily condemned because he hasn't 'moved' at the pace they expected.

Obj rushed about and $10bn later the situation is still messed up, a more prudent leader refuses to allocate any funds without first coming up with a well thought out plan that will yield results, I guess the perception of motion without movement is very acceptable to some.

There is still no light no water eh? and all that was caused by Yardie and would be rectified in 7 months eh?

Unrealistic Nigerians - thats why they keep falling for high highfalutin promises with no end result.

Yar'adua has promised to improve security - Kidnappings of Oil workers has reduced in the ND, peace is gradually returning and negotiations are ongoing

He has plugged loopholes and ensured that unspent funds are being returned without being squandered so there can be proper planning before monies are spent.

Yar'adua has allowed importation of bulk cement to meet up with local supply to drive down cost and improve house construction

Things are improving slowly but gradually - I'd prefer a well thought out and lasting solution than the window dressing we've been getting the past couple of years. If it takes Yardie more time to do this in order to get it right so be it.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Feb 04, 2008
~Lady~:

@Kobojunkie

How long does it take to build a nation? How long does it take to wrong 47 years of wrong?
If your answer is 7 months then my dear u don't live in reality.
I think u should go check your reality first before u open your mouth.

I also doubt u keep up with the events of the nation because if u did u would notice that so far there has been a change, it may not be drastic and immediate but there are better things. Don't forget that tat this point Naijarians don't trust government and a leader needs the trust and supposrt of his people. Yar'Adua is commendable because he recognises that he can't accomplish much without his people and their trust and support. Whereas others have completely ignored the people, he has recognised them. Relative to others he is commendable.
If u have so much anger in u, then please place your burden on the Lord, he is willing to help.

Just want to leave u with this: "it is better to be thought a fool than to be known as one"

Unless you can show me anywhere in my post where I put the man down for not spending the money, all that you posted up there is just fluff and expected. My position still stands. No one is demanding he change 47 years of wrong in 2 seconds. What I have asked for over and over again is that we get news of all that has happened as a whole so we can judge him by all not by his not spending the security money. Is it too much to ask that you read my posts before you run off ranting?? Spend time reading the article yourself and you will see from my post that what I ask is that we be given the whole picture and not pieces of it for people to go off celebrating without knowing what has actually been accomplished or lost during that same time, simple!!!

I am current with what is happening in that country on a daily basis and so your idea that someone who does not share your view does not know as much is ridiculous. I refuse to settle for stories like these is why I suggest we find sources that may actually have the whole picture put together for us to see all that has happened in that same 7 month period.

I don't know how old you are but aren't you tired of doing the same thing over and over again. We have people who made the same sort of comments back in Obasanjo's time and people who did same during the time of those before him. Blowing the little things out of proportion and in the end we all know what happened and how much those little things matter now to the average Nigerian. Doesn't it get old Isn't there a point where one realizes that those little things are just there for the period but the bigger picture matters more and if we could push for changes then instead of sitting back to celebrate those little things, we could actually help move the government forward?? in a more positive direction?? I mean this is not all about Yar adua here but about the people learning their own lessons if you ask me.

I am glad you also have psychic powers there but I am afraid that you may need to take your source in for check up as I have no anger at all but prefer to put one and one together when making judgements. Maybe you do not but If you actually know the Lord who you ask me to consult for help, that happens to be how he approaches things. He does not go off saying I will bless the Pharaoh cause he released you without considering the circumstances and the big picture in all. LMAO. If you do not know that of your God, I suggest you do more research on him for your own sake.

Please take time to read what others post to understand their point of view next time before you go off ranting and running off on a tangent. Like I have said OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, I prefer to look at the whole picture than be shown pieces of it which may or may not even matter when considering we are dealing with a country like Nigeria in need of serious changes.

oldie:

Don't good little things (even when they are symbolic) matter anymore?

I echo ono's sentiment on this. I don't understand how this is symbolic but then again, I do not process information as those who think it is do. I do not consider it symbolic at all but I would prefer more and more Nigerians would look at the big picture to decide how significant the small things are. This reminds me of what went down on another thread on MKO, many put aside the fact that the man cost Nigeria Billions or even trillions of dollars by his actions but instead continue to praise him for sending a few students to school. When I compare the little good he did to the great ill he brought on that nation, I do not see him as a hero but someone who never repented of the evil he brought on millions of families across the nation, even to his death. There are Nigerians like me out there who are not easily impressed by things such as this. I know there are those who will be hail abacha a hero should we discover he paid for food and housing for a couple of poor people too. Who knows, they might exist. !!! grin
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Lady2(f): 4:44am On Feb 04, 2008
@ Kobojunkie

I did read ur post and I still conclude that u don't keep up with the happenings of Nigeria.
Anyway refer to Debosky's post. Just so u know, the whole picture is too complex and cannot fit into one article.
No I didn't come at u that way because u have a differing view. I respect ur view, I however think u should be knowledgeable before u speak.

I also think u shouldn't be too rash when America itself was not put together in one century. It's been 8 months, it doesn't even take that little time to build a house let alone a nation. It doesn't even take that little time to put together a dissertation let alone come up with foul proof policies.

If things are rushed then mistakes will be made.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Feb 04, 2008
~Lady~:

@ Kobojunkie

I did read your post and I still conclude that u don't keep up with the happenings of Nigeria.
Anyway refer to Debosky's post. Just so u know, the whole picture is too complex and cannot fit into one article.
No I didn't come at u that way because u have a differing view. I respect your view, I however think u should be knowledgeable before u speak.

I also think u shouldn't be too rash when America itself was not put together in one century. It's been 8 months, it doesn't even take that little time to build a house let alone a nation. It doesn't even take that little time to put together a dissertation let alone come up with foul proof policies.

If things are rushed then mistakes will be made.

I suggest you refer to my last post. I already read Debosky's post and my answer still stands. Stop claiming COMPLEXITY when people do not see things as you do. I happen to be just as informed as you or anyone else is of what is happening in Nigeria and guess what?? I still do not see it as you do. You are going off again on another tangent without reading my post. No where in my post do I state that things need to be rushed but if you would just calm down and actually read, you would understand that this is just you deciding I do not know much just cause i do not see it as you do. Nigeria's situation is NO WHERE NEAR COMPLEX,  has never been and still is not. People can use the word " COMPLEX" to describe situations they are not willing to deal with as is and that is fine by me but that does not mean it is actually complex in reality.

I would want to go on on this but I have concluded that you are too quick to judge without spending time reading. I am not comparing Nigeria to america nor am I comparing the man to those before him, you all are the ones doing that all on your own. All I have said so far is the man has been in office 7 months. Before we go off congratulating, let us measure all he has actually done and not just one end without considering the other. SIMPLE!!! WHy it is hard for you to look at the other side of things as well, I mean is there a law that says NOT TO?? If I were running a business, and I hired an employee, to know if my employee needs a raise I would consider the good and the bad he has been able to accomplish during that same time before I go ahead and decide. Why is bad to do same with the president?? Is there a law against doing that?? Why is it wrong to apply same when it comes to the case of this man?? Why won't you read my posts instead of jumping ahead and thinking you are addressing the same thing as I am??

If I had my way, I would prefer that country be run like a corporation. You may not like it but I have come to appreciate how some of the world's best corporations are run and I believe that model would work well if applied in Nigeria to a great extent.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Lady2(f): 5:13am On Feb 04, 2008
Ok once again I did read ur post, I don't know why it's so hard for u to see that.
Once again I come up with the same conclusion. I never mentioned u comparing Nigeria to America so don't put words in my mouth, that was me making a statement and giving an example.

No one is giving him a raise (not in this forum) we're saying "oh wow, someone who realises that in order for him to succeed he has to receive the trust and support of his people" or "good job, keep up the good work, continue to do what u do, and increase ur doings"

Once again it's not because u have a different view and no am not judging u, I could care less about u. I think if u know some of the things that have been done while keeping in mind that Rome wasn't built in a day, u will see that there is progress.

At least he's educated, he knows what he's doing, he's righting some wrongs. It is complex. I fu don't see that then u might as well be a village man.

Look when one does good, u say good job, when one does bad u condemn and correct. SIMPLE!!!!
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Kobojunkie: 5:17am On Feb 04, 2008
~Lady~:

Ok once again I did read your post, I don't know why it's so hard for u to see that.
Once again I come up with the same conclusion. I never mentioned u comparing Nigeria to America so don't put words in my mouth, that was me making a statement and giving an example.

No one is giving him a raise (not in this forum) we're saying "oh wow, someone who realises that in order for him to succeed he has to receive the trust and support of his people" or "good job, keep up the good work, continue to do what u do, and increase your doings"

Once again it's not because u have a different view and no am not judging u, I could care less about u. I think if u know some of the things that have been done while keeping in mind that Rome wasn't built in a day, u will see that there is progress.

At least he's educated, he knows what he's doing, he's righting some wrongs. It is complex. I fu don't see that then u might as well be a village man.

Look when one does good, u say good job, when one does bad u condemn and correct. SIMPLE!!!!

Now go back and read my posts especially the lines where I said he did not spend the money but what about what he actually spent?? How much did he achieve with that You do not seem to be reading my posts as is but you seem to be going off on this your idea of him needing to be congratulated for this and I keep repeating that I do not care about how he manages the 0.001% of the budget but how he managed 10% of the budget during that same time. That is how I decide whether he should be congratulated or not. Why is that hard for you to get?? You focus on the 0.001% but I choose to combine the whole ,  10.001 % in deciding whether he should be congratulated or not. I have done the math over and over again in here for all to read. Why is it hard for you to get

To you Nigerias problem is complex, to me it is not. Being educated has absolutely nothing to do with ruling that country. Even an uneducated man can do the job right if he really wants to do it. For the umpteenth time, I do not congratulate people for doing 10 % of the job right if they screwed up 90% of the job in the same amount of time. Get it ?
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Lady2(f): 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2008
[b]Now go back and read my posts especially the lines where I said he did not spend the money but what about what he actually spent?? How much did he achieve with that You do not seem to be reading my posts as is but you seem to be going off on this your idea of him needing to be congratulated for this and I keep repeating that I do not care about how he manages the 0.001% of the budget but how he managed 10% of the budget during that same time. That is how I decide whether he should be congratulated or not. Why is that hard for you to get?? You focus on the 0.001% but I choose to combine the whole , 10.001 % in deciding whether he should be congratulated or not. I have done the math over and over again in here for all to read. Why is it hard for you to get

To you Nigerias problem is complex, to me it is not. Being educated has absolutely nothing to do with ruling that country. Even an uneducated man can do the job right if he really wants to do it. For the umpteenth time, I do not congratulate people for doing 10 % of the job right if they screwed up 90% of the job in the same amount of time. Get it ? [/b]

Oh yeah I get it, but still I don't see anything wrong with saying good job, much better than others. I did read ur posts, I never said I don't agree with everything u wrote. But if u have been keeping up with the news u'll realise that a lot is being done and the fruits won't be seen in 8 months. It doesn't take 8 months to build a road (especially when we have extensive rain), it doesn't take 8 months to generate enough power for a nation with such a bad structure. It doesn't take 8 months to stabilise education. It doesn't take 8 months to resolve health crisies. Not when we're tackling a system that has been destroyed for years. IT TAKES YEARS
U say u want to know how he's been spending the rest of Nigeria's money. Well if u have been paying attention u will see that a good amount of things in 8 months has been accomplished. I understand if after a year there isn't anything to show for it. Even corporations don't put together a report until the end of the year and then releases it. If u want to know the nook and cranny of his dealings then I sugggest u become his personal tag along.

Anyway am done.
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2008
~Lady~:

[b]Now go back and read my posts especially the lines where I said he did not spend the money but what about what he actually spent?? How much did he achieve with that You do not seem to be reading my posts as is but you seem to be going off on this your idea of him needing to be congratulated for this and I keep repeating that I do not care about how he manages the 0.001% of the budget but how he managed 10% of the budget during that same time. That is how I decide whether he should be congratulated or not. Why is that hard for you to get?? You focus on the 0.001% but I choose to combine the whole , 10.001 % in deciding whether he should be congratulated or not. I have done the math over and over again in here for all to read. Why is it hard for you to get

To you Nigerias problem is complex, to me it is not. Being educated has absolutely nothing to do with ruling that country. Even an uneducated man can do the job right if he really wants to do it. For the umpteenth time, I do not congratulate people for doing 10 % of the job right if they screwed up 90% of the job in the same amount of time. Get it ? [/b]

Oh yeah I get it, but still I don't see anything wrong with saying good job, much better than others. I did read your posts, I never said I don't agree with everything u wrote. But if u have been keeping up with the news u'll realise that a lot is being done and the fruits won't be seen in 8 months. It doesn't take 8 months to build a road (especially when we have extensive rain), it doesn't take 8 months to generate enough power for a nation with such a bad structure. It doesn't take 8 months to stabilise education. It doesn't take 8 months to resolve health crisies. Not when we're tackling a system that has been destroyed for years. IT TAKES YEARS
You say u want to know how he's been spending the rest of Nigeria's money. Well if u have been paying attention u will see that a good amount of things in 8 months has been accomplished. I understand if after a year there isn't anything to show for it. Even corporations don't put together a report until the end of the year and then releases it. If u want to know the nook and cranny of his dealings then I sugggest u become his personal tag along.

Anyway am done.

Actually, I see you still miss my point completely even when I state that I am not evaluating his work based on what can take a year to accomplish but BASICALLY ON WHAT HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED IN THE SAME 7 MONTHS THAT HE HAS BEEN IN OFFICE. I see you continue to miss the POINT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN and to be honest. I do not think I can explain it any further than I already have. If you have ever had a job before, think back and consider how you were evaluated. Where you evaluated based on what you could have accomplished in a YEAR or in the actual amount of time you were employed?? You keep going on and on about what can be done in one year when that has absolutely nothing to do with my argument in here at all. I still suggest you go back and read my posts and then apply it to what you have experience in your work life and then think of it that way.

Infact, after reading your post so far, I believe Nigeria desperately needs an actual evaluation system more than anything else. A System that will evaluate the leaders and the work they have done after certain periods of time to decide if they should are actually cut out for the work or not. I mean your post has seriously convinced me that this type of system will go a long way in setting things right in that country more than anything. Say, after 6 months, we check to make sure they are actually doing good work or just sitting on their butts and waiting out the time they have to spend. If the situation is negative, we call for them to be replaced and put someone else on the seat who can do a better job. My GOSH!!!
Re: Yar'adua Did Not Spend A Dime Of His Security Vote by cola: 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2008
@Seun

I reffered you to the newspaper that reported this story viz: ThisDay and Punch.
OK I provided the link to ThisDay but couold'n get the link for The Punch. If you were interested in getting the facts before going on to call me names, you could have checked up both sources.
Punch reported that the NASS source claimed the amount was 'close to a billion' nad that is what I stated in my post.
If you need to call someone a liar, then you could say the report was a lie or the paper a liar.
I have no need to sensationalize nor exagerate, talkless lie! Over what?
Decency deserves you check well before you run off calling people names.

@ Kobojunkie

Honestly I don't know what point you are trying so hard to make

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Worst case of Child Abuse in the UK. / Photo Of The Day: African Leaders Caught Sleeping In A Meeting(a.u)lol! / History Of Armed Robbers, Company Liquidators, Rapists And Notoriours Official..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.