Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:51 PM

Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship (15184 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / Worship Of Mary And The Use Of Images In The Catholic Church / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Youngzedd(m): 11:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ubenedictus: no sir, i dont conclude prayers in d name of st mary or st tansi. Pls dont accuse us of what we know nthing of!

Leave that thing bro. Am a proud Roman Catholic

But the one way dey vex me pass na selling of things inside the church, I mean inside the church building more especially Trinitas and The punch news papers and others we sell inside the church from seat to seat @ St Jude Catholic Church Fegge Onitsha Anambra state. That is where I attend church services.
It pains me a lot on the kind of things we do inside the church that suppose to be sacred.

It shall be well in Jesus name, we will soon realise.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by coretechng(m): 11:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
patholaw: catholics don't pray 2 mary or saints...dey only ask dem 2 intercede. Wen jesus worked his 1st miracle hw did it happen? Wen dey said dey had no wine he told dem his hour haz not yet come...dey had 2 beg mary to intercede 4 dem 2 her son...and jesus did as work d miracle 4 dem...
If u don't understand d chatholic faith ask some 1 to enlighten u den running ur mouth anyhow...
Why do you like deceiving yourself?The bible is very clear on this--''nobody cometh unto the father except through Christ Jesus''Plain and simple.Why are you people hard of understanding?
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by coretechng(m): 11:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
lexio: @ Op. What u have failed to realise is that the human mind is limited to grasp the mysteries of God. Our thoughts of God are essentially anthropomorphic. Even without physical images we imagine God in d form of a person. If u trace Christian history, pictoral images, even sculptures have expressed the mystery of the divine. Look at the sculpures of Michangelo even his paintings in the Cistine Chapel in Rome, u'll marvel at the grandeur of God's presence. Whether protestant or catholic or baptist or whatever, we think in images when it has to do with God as in any other thought. Images or pictures simply points to a reality which even mystics of all religions have attested to. I feel issues bordering on d use of images in places of christian worship belongs to 19th-20th century discourse.
Simple english,''God is a Spirit.''I think this is simple enough for a babe to understand.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by coretechng(m): 11:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
ladman:

Happy Sunday, Stronger, tell them, those that do not know. Portraits and Images are not worshiped.
What are people bowing before these images doing?Greetings right?Haba!!!!
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by coretechng(m): 11:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
chuqudy:

God commanded Solomon to make statues of two winged creatures in the Temple of Jerusalem. One at the left hand side of the Ark of the covenant and the other at the right hand side. In the book of Hebrews, St. Paul explained that the two statues represent the presence of God. Actually, I have nothing against those who see pictures and statues of Jesus, Angels and Saints as wrong thing. Such people are speaking from their own understanding and their low level of knowledge of the bible and history. God edits every one's prayers as well as conscience. Someone who is worshiping somebody or something as God other than God knows that he is doing wrong thing. I as a catholic respect images and statues that represent glorious beings. But the Church teaches no one to worship the images. However, there are agents of satan who go about preaching that Roman Catholics and orthodox Catholics worship images. They say this and other things to make their own fake churches boom. The use of image in worship has been there over 1000 years before Protestantism. And God has been with the early Christians. Is it now that the images of Angels and Saints of God would begin to annoy God? Answer me you all false and end time preachers.
Thou shall not make for yourself graven images......very simple instruction.Why is this hard to follow?
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by coretechng(m): 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
chuqudy:

We ask Mary to pray to Jesus for us just like she did for the apostles in the marriage at Cana. We ask Mary to pray for us just like you ask your mortal pastor to pray for you. We believe in the communion with the saints. May be your problem is that you do not believe that you can communicate with Angels and Saints of God. If Mary Can't hear our communication to her, then Jesus would see our prayers as prayers made with humility(since we sometimes see ourselves not worthy to talk to Him directly). Remember, God edits all our prayers. Since a lot of miracles have been recorded and is still happening through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, that proves that God answers our prayers.
As they would not like to retain God in their knowledge,,,,,,,God will not give you a reprobate mind in Jesus name.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by iykemyke: 11:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
pls people should understand before they comment.
We idols of people everywhere, i see idols chieef obafemi awolowo does it mean he is been worship. U only see idols of prominent people that did contribute to society as a reminded and to honour them. So what is wrong if the puts statue of thos that worked for the faith to also honour them. No catholic worship any image.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by doingreat(m): 12:41am On Nov 12, 2012
Patdedon: When yorubas prostrate to salute, do you call that worship? Don't say what you do not comprehend, rather seek for clarification. I don't want to argue religion though.
we are nt talking abt worship. The bible condemns mere USE OF IDOLS and images in His worship. John 4:24. 'God is a spirit and those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth'
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by 2tek: 3:34am On Nov 12, 2012
for those wanting biblical backings why catholics pray through Mary.

First of all, because Mary was the birth mother of the humanity of Jesus in who "the fullness of the deity (God) was pleased to dwell bodily," [Col. 1:19, 2:9] Catholics recognize the Virgin Mary as the Mother of God.

Secondly, because Mary was "favoured by God" [Lk. 1:30] when she was personally chosen by the Lord to become the mother of Jesus, God incarnated, Catholics believe that they have a greater chance of obtaining God's grace for their daily physical and spiritual needs by asking Mary to intercede on their behalf.

Thirdly, the above mentioned belief is partially based on the fact that Jesus is the King of kings and Mary, as the mother of the King, is the "queen mother." Then, when studying the bible, it is discovered that the institution of the "queen mother" was established during the reign of King Solomon.

In the Bible we learn of the favoured position of the queen mother through the following words, "... then the king sat on his throne, and had a throne brought for the king's mother, and she sat on his right. Then she said, 'I have one small request to make of you, do not refuse me.' And the king said to her, 'Make your request, my mother, for I will not refuse you.'" [1 Kgs. 2:19-20]

Following the reign of King Solomon, many of the kings kept this practice. The mother of the king, through who the king received his throne, was trusted as a confident and advisor. So important was the function of the queen mothers in the days of the Old Testament that their names were listed in the succession records of the kings of Judah. [See 1 Kgs 14:21, 15:13; 2 Kgs. 12:1, 14:2, 15:2, etc...]

Similar to the intercession of the Queen Mother, when a child desires a favour and cannot obtain it from his/her parents, frequently the child will make the request to the grandparent to intercede on his/her behalf, therefore obtaining the favour that was being sought. This does not mean that the child is seeking the parental favour from the grandparent. Rather, the child is seeking the intercession of the grandparents before the parents.

Furthermore, Catholics do not differentiate between the living (in this world) and the dead (those who departed) members of the Body of Christ (the fullness of the Church.) The fullness of the mystical Body of Christ is found in the union of all the saints, past and present, here below and those above in Heaven.(Luke 23:43)

In view of the aforementioned, it cannot be denied that those who were called to Heaven, including Mary, are still alive in spirit in the Kingdom of God that coexists with our world. As some non-Catholics pray through their deceased parents, grandparents or other biological relatives, asking these beloved departed persons to intercede before God on their behalf, Catholics pray through Mary to Jesus, taking advantage of her blessed position as the Mother of God.

This Catholic action affirms the prophetic and Divinely inspired passage that is found in the Holy Bible where it states, "Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed." [Lk. 1:47] All generations could not call Mary blessed if she was not actively involved in the progressive Divine Plan that continues to develop before our eyes.

Indeed, all generations have called the Blessed Virgin Mary blessed, including this one, because she has never stopped interceding on behalf of the world.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by arcpaulash(m): 3:36am On Nov 12, 2012
Be careful d way u speak of d method at which GOD is worshipped, u were just born to meet it on earth whether you Xtian or muslIm or catholic or any of d pentecostals u were born into d earth. u know Nothing about dis. GOD BLESS U Aall
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Boomark(m): 3:57am On Nov 12, 2012
rumours: The Devil is happy even as some people are trying so hard to justify idolatry. God is watching! Our Catholic brothers should break away from the Roman modus operandi like the church of Nigeria Anglican communion did with the church of England tried to allow gay people run things. I seriously pray for a revival in the Nigerian Catholic church and I know that God will do it one day in Jesus name. Amen.

satan is more than happy my brother. That the quantity of people following this subtle idol worship is so plenty gladden his heart. Turning them away from what Christ commanded them to do.

He will give them Instance of where Joshua fell to the earth on his face before the ark of covenant, Jos 7:6, as their backup. In v10, God told him "Get up, you!"(exclamation) and He asked him why he was lying like that on his face.

God told Moses to make the ark of covenant according to the pattern He will show him so that they don't mistakenly make the image of satan who was a cherub before he sinned, Eze 28:14.

Without God's commandment, the image you make might mistakenly be the image of lucifer(b4 he sinned), a thief, a nobel man, Herod, Pontius Pilate etc. And they bow to these images, making His commandment irrelevant, "do not make the image of anything, whether on earth or in heaven and bow to it."

if am a white man, there is a high probability world wide that my image will be among the images they bow to cos the images vary from one place to another. That is not how God does His things.

Those that have understanding will follow God not man.

2 Likes

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by 2tek: 4:21am On Nov 12, 2012
arc paulash: Be careful d way u speak of d method at which GOD is worshipped, u were just born to meet it on earth whether you Xtian or muslIm or catholic or any of d pentecostals u were born into d earth. u know Nothing about dis. GOD BLESS U Aall

GBAM
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 5:49am On Nov 12, 2012
bukatyne: and how can mary n d other saints interceed for you? wat then is d work of d Holy Spirit? do you know d meaning of a saint biblically? a person who is born again! so how can dey intercede for you? it's u who needs to read ur Bible properly. there is only one mediator btw God n man (JESUS). peter, paul n co never asked moses or jacob or abraham to intercede for them so y are u asking mary n peter to intercede for u? Jesus has given us a pattern of prayer in matt 6. it's not complex.
ofcuz paul ask his fellow xtians to pray 4 him, abi no b so?
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 5:50am On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Nope....God gave moses, joshua. Specific Directives which he never gave to the catholics..........

And you know that........you guys have desperately and presumpteously made images and mouldings for worship......

That was Something the isrealites did back then when they made the golden calf that made Yahwehs anger descend on them.......

Bowing down to marys image and praying through her is blatant idolatry....

hahaha, s God likes some images and hate others
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 5:52am On Nov 12, 2012
TroGunn:

Which early Christians? Christians are to imitate Christ and the examples of the Apostles as written in the Bible. And the miracles Paul or Peter is no reason to go filling a religious place with images. "God works in mysterious ways" is last resort of the ignorant who can't explain the basis of their religious beliefs or practices. A picture of myself has no religious significance and thus won't be in a church.
thank God u know u gat no religious significance, christ does.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 5:56am On Nov 12, 2012
talktimi: mumu, do you bow down to your mum's portrait @ home ?
im pretty sure u kiss d portrait of ur spouse.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 5:56am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: ofcuz paul ask his fellow xtians to pray 4 him, abi no b so?

Mary cannot pray for the 1 billion catholÍcs around the world....she is not omnipresent....don't you get it??....

Nobody gave her that ability....for y'all to assume mary can hear and convey prayers is a false claim without any scriptural backing......

And who is she conveying or praying to for you guys??that is my question.....

To who??.....

The last time I checked a woman(mary) was not in the chain of worship......

I dey tire for ona make I no talk lie.......

No apostle,not even peter approached mary after Jesus' ascension....they had no business with her.......

1 Like

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 6:00am On Nov 12, 2012
rumours: The Devil is happy even as some people are trying so hard to justify idolatry. God is watching! Our Catholic brothers should break away from the Roman modus operandi like the church of Nigeria Anglican communion did with the church of England tried to allow gay people run things. I seriously pray for a revival in the Nigerian Catholic church and I know that God will do it one day in Jesus name. Amen.
it is unreasonable to break away from true teaching. Have u asked urself y is it that only d protestand church dat started in d 15th century that have problem with images? All d ancient church know d different btw idols and images but my protestant friends dont.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 6:06am On Nov 12, 2012
TroGunn:

Is it really the same? Asking for another living person to pray with you to God through Christ is one thing, i.e You/Another ->Jesus ->God. There's a clear scriptural basis for this - "Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord" - James 5:14.

You, on the other hand, does the actual praying through Mary, which is either You/Another -> Mary -> God OR You/Another ->Mary -> Jesus -> God.

How does that reconcile with the scriptures which shows Jesus to be our only mediator and intercessor to God, like:

"Therefore, because he always lives to intercede for them, he is able to save completely those who come to God through him". (Heb 7:25)
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5)
d same way ur pastor doesnt break scripture wen he interceeds same way mary doesnt. In catholicism we dont blive d dead are anihilated we believe their spirit is alive Jesus said "he who lives and believes in me will never die". If d angel are aware of d repentance of a sinner on earth then so do d saints. And if fellow xtians on earth can interceed, i see no reason y fellow xtians in heaven cant.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 6:08am On Nov 12, 2012
coretechng: Why do you like deceiving yourself?The bible is very clear on this--''nobody cometh unto the father except through Christ Jesus''Plain and simple.Why are you people hard of understanding?
did any1 say otherwise?
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 6:09am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, s God likes some images and hate others

Keep laughing and wallowing in idolatry...

You know exactly what you are doing.....

God gave the isrealites strict directions on how the ark of covenant should be constructed....it was built according to Gods own metrics and standards.....

This is why I wonder on whose commands or precepts do you have the images and mouldings or carvings of the cross,mary,the rosary etc in ya church....??

Is it Christ that gave the command??is it Yahweh??or the scriptures??.......

Can't you guys for once wait for God to give commands on worship before your itchy and desperate hands act presumptuously just to satisfy your pagan quest??

ImagÍne you guys using beads to wo®ship and pray.....

Any isrealite who tried that in the past would have been killed.........
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 6:10am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, s God likes some images and hate others
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 6:11am On Nov 12, 2012
coretechng: Thou shall not make for yourself graven images......very simple instruction.Why is this hard to follow?
the same bible also say make images, u need to read and understand, is it condemning images or idolatry? Abi u get picture 4 ur house? Is dat not an image?
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 6:13am On Nov 12, 2012
doingreat: we are nt talking abt worship. The bible condemns mere USE OF IDOLS and images in His worship. John 4:24. 'God is a spirit and those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth'
where did he condem d ark of d covenant, just show me!
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 6:18am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: d same way ur pastor doesnt break scripture wen he interceeds same way mary doesnt. In catholicism we dont blive d dead are anihilated we believe their spirit is alive Jesus said "he who lives and believes in me will never die". If d angel are aware of d repentance of a sinner on earth then so do d saints. And if fellow xtians on earth can interceed, i see no reason y fellow xtians in heaven cant.

Jesus gave the older men in the church the responsibilty to praÝ with tho§e who are weak or sick spiritually........

I neve® heard that §cripture say ""older women"" or mention marÝ.......

WhÉn you read the scriptures read the lines well....

BesidÉs those men were alive(not dead)to pray with there fellow christians....

And also take note..::::.....those early christiÀns never went abÓut praying through those older men when at there homes or where ever they could find themselves..........

MARY is dead and cannot interceed for 1 billion people......nobody gave mary that responsibility......

2 Likes

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 6:21am On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Mary cannot pray for the 1 billion catholÍcs around the world....she is not omnipresent....don't you get it??....

Nobody gave her that ability....for y'all to assume mary can hear and convey prayers is a false claim without any scriptural backing......
d angel arent omnipresent yet they know each time a sinner on earth repents.

And who is she conveying or praying to for you guys??that is my question.....
God thru christ Jesus

To who??.....

The last time I checked a woman(mary) was not in the chain of worship......
d last time i checked no catholic was worshipping no woman

I dey tire for ona make I no talk lie.......

No apostle,not even peter approached mary after Jesus' ascension....they had no business with her.......
it was not written so u cant claim to know. Arguement from silience, thats a logical fallacy
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 6:24am On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Jesus gave the older men in the church the responsibilty to praÝ with tho§e who are weak or sick spiritually........

I neve® heard that §cripture say ""older women"" or mention marÝ.......

WhÉn you read the scriptures read the lines well....

BesidÉs those men were alive(not dead)to pray with there fellow christians....

And also take note..::::.....those early christiÀns never went abÓut praying through those older men when at there homes or where ever they could find themselves..........

MARY is dead and cannot interceed for 1 billion people......nobody gave mary that responsibility......

Jesus said "he who lives and believes in me will never die".
And timothy was an elder in d church he wasnt old.
The last time i check paul asked all xtians to pray for him, not just men.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 6:30am On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Keep laughing and wallowing in idolatry...

You know exactly what you are doing.....

God gave the isrealites strict directions on how the ark of covenant should be constructed....it was built according to Gods own metrics and standards.....

This is why I wonder on whose commands or precepts do you have the images and mouldings or carvings of the cross,mary,the rosary etc in ya church....??

Is it Christ that gave the command??is it Yahweh??or the scriptures??.......

Can't you guys for once wait for God to give commands on worship before your itchy and desperate hands act presumptuously just to satisfy your pagan quest??

ImagÍne you guys using beads to wo®ship and pray.....

Any isrealite who tried that in the past would have been killed.........
i have not seen a commandment that says "thou shall not us beads". If dat one is in ur bible pls show me.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 6:31am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: m d angel arent omnipresent yet they know each time a sinner on earth repents.

There are millions of angels in heaven.....

Don't compare an angel(s) with mary...you must be sick to do that...

Just one angel in the bible killed more than a hundred thousand assyrian soldiers,so I wonder why you should ask me how myriads
Of angels can notice when a sinner repents...

Think well o my brother...

Angels are very much powerful and numerous to know what each human does,and who repents or not......

Ubenedictus:
God thru christ Jesus

Lol.....sorry to burst your buBbles,but mary
Is doing zilÇh for you guys or for any other servant of God who is alive today.....mary has no role in the chain of worship...no scripture supports that....its just a false assumption by you guys......

For you to create this chain:::: mary»Jesus»God. , then there m
ust be a problem.....

Ubenedictus:
d last time i checked no catholic was worshipping no woman
The last time I checked you bowed before her image and rendered words of devotion to her.......na because I never come use cane flog your yansh when you dey bow down to her image na him make abi??.....
You guys have put mary high on a pedestal that is false........

Ubenedictus:
it was not written so u cant claim to know. Arguement from silience, thats a logical fallacy

It wasn't written so you had to instigate it right??.....

It was not written by the apostles because they never engaged in such disgusting acts.....
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 6:35am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: Jesus said "he who lives and believes in me will never die".
And timothy was an elder in d church he wasnt old.
The last time i check paul asked all xtians to pray for him, not just men.

Jesus saÝing those words connotes that he'll ®essurect those who die.....

""Ressurection "" was the issue thÉre.....

Paul asked all christians who were( alive) to pray for him.....he also put those same brothers in his prayers too........

For you to suggest that pauls request included the dead faithfuls to also pray for him is fallacious......

Besides marÝ must have been alive then too,why didn't he(paul) just go pray th®ough her.....??
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 6:45am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: why d long story, u have stated ur point, God likes some image and hate other, if u used a cherubim it is ok, if u used christ it is wrong.

If you made carvings under the direct commands of Yahweh then it isn't idolatry....""YES""....

Wait for God to give the command...that is my point...

For you to make images and carvings for worship out of your own assumption or originality is idolatry.....

The bible has shown that......

Joshua and ,mose§ did not wake up
One day Ànd make the ark of covenant and the bronze serpent respeÇtively,without Gods own direction or command....

Never!!!!!!!........

Ubenedictus:
Abi another one dey wey u no talk finish?
i have not seen a commandment that says "thou shall not us beads". If dat one is in ur bible pls show me.

I don't have to find any where in the bible that says ""thou shall not use beads in worship"".....

All I'll do is go through history books to show you how you guys hijacked that practice from juju worshippers.......

It has no connection with past servants of the only true GOD.....

1 Like

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

There are millions of angels in heaven.....
Don't compare an angel(s) with mary...you must be sick to do that...

Just one angel in the bible killed more than a hundred thousand assyrian soldiers,so I wonder why you should ask me how myriads
Of angels can notice when a sinner repents...

Think well o my brother...

Angels are very much powerful and numerous to know what each human does,and who repents or not......
and yet d angels are simply my ministers, my servants, amen. If they know then the saints in heaven know.

Lol.....sorry to burst your buBbles,but mary
Is doing zilÇh for you guys or for any other servant of God who is alive today.....mary has no role in the chain of worship...no scripture supports that....its just a false assumption by you guys......
chain of woship? Wow, i gat so such chain, i worship God and him alone, as for prayers every xtian both on earth and in heaven are on d chain of prayers.
For you to create this chain:::: mary»Jesus»God. , then there m
ust be a problem.....
any xtian can interceed whether ur pastor or mary, but how would u know wen ur hypocrisy has blinded u.

The last time I checked you bowed before her image and rendered words of devotion to her.......na because I never come use cane flog your yansh when you dey bow down to her image na him make abi??.....
d last time i checked not all bowing is worship and joshua did d same b4 d ark and God didnt strike him dead.
You guys have put mary high on a pedestal that is false........
really, d bible says "from henceforth all ages will call me blessed". Wow, it seems d handmaid of d lord knows her worth. And d pedestal was set in d bible.

It wasn't written so you had to instigate it right??.....
It was not written by the apostles because they never engaged in such disgusting acts.....
another arguement from silience, a logical fallacy, so because "peter died" isnt in ur bible does that mean peter didnt die?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna For 2022 / What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? / Happy 15th Anniversary To Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.