Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. (3078 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by ceej24: 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2012
I believe all catholics are ready. Nobody should show his/her foolishness try as much as possible to be polite. All glory to jesus.
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by k2039: 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2012
Why are catholics the most hated?
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Enigma(m): 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2012
Does the Roman Catholic Church regard the Anglican Communion (or Baptist "church" or Methodist "church" etc etc etc) as a "church" at all?

cool
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by k2039: 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
Is it true only Roman catholics will make it to heaven
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by ceej24: 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
k2039: Why are catholics the most hated?
you have chosen to tell your mind that and as a christian we must never hate not even a pagan.
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by ceej24: 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
Enigma: Does the Roman Catholic Church regard the Anglican Communion (or Baptist "church" or Methodist "church" etc etc etc) as a "church" at all?

cool
why not the preach the gospel don't they
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
Explain why I had to be baptzied by a saint in heaven and not in my native name. Worse off, I found out that most of the names of the Saints were Hebrew, Latin, Spanish, Italian and english.

Explain how the catholic church means to say that no one from my village or most Nigerian tribes is in heaven? Explain how we are not slaves to a forigen religion
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Enigma(m): 1:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
ceej24: why not the preach the gospel don't they

Well, the Roman Catholic 'Church' says that the Anglicans, Methodists, Baptists, etc are not "churches".

I thought you knew that since you said we should ask any question! Anyway, I hope you realise that that teaching of the Roman Catholic 'Church' is false and contrary to the teachings of Jesus Christ and of the apostles. smiley

OK, let me try another question: when did the expression "Roman Catholic Church" come into use?

cool
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by ceej24: 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03: Explain why I had to be baptzied by a saint in heaven and not in my native name. Worse off, I found out that most of the names of the Saints were Hebrew, Latin, Spanish, Italian and english.

Explain how the catholic church means to say that no one from my village or most Nigerian tribes is in heaven? Explain how we are not slaves to a forigen religion
my cousins were baptized with their native names. And maybe you should start giving the catholic church the names of your village people in heaven.
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2012
ceej24: my cousins were baptized with their native names. And maybe you should start giving the catholic church the names of your village people in heaven.

Lies. That goes against the catholic doctrine (Canon 855).

How would someone possible know that someone else is in heaven? Seriously?
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Niflheim(m): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
Why is the pope's butler being prosecuted?what is his crime?
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
Nice thread. Before the coming week runs out I am going to open a thread on my problems with the catholic church. I hope you'd be around.
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by italo: 9:13am On Nov 12, 2012
k2039: Why are catholics the most hated?

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also."

The most basic reason. All other 'reasons' are as a result of this.

Enigma: Does the Roman Catholic Church regard the Anglican Communion (or Baptist "church" or Methodist "church" etc etc etc) as a "church" at all?

cool

The Catholic Church does not regard these above-named "churches" as Churches (in the proper sense), because they do not have a true priesthood that can be traced to th apostles and therefore do not have true sacraments. It calls them "Ecclesial Communities."

k2039: Is it true only Roman catholics will make it to heaven

This is NOT what we are taught, hence, not what we believe.
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by italo: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2012
Enigma:
Anyway, I hope you realise that that teaching of the Roman Catholic 'Church' is false and contrary to the teachings of Jesus Christ and of the apostles. smiley

I hope you know that you cannot prove this statement.

Enigma: OK, let me try another question: when did the expression "Roman Catholic Church" come into use?

cool

The Anglicans are in a better position to answer that question. That term originated from them as a condescending way of referring to The Catholic Church.
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by italo: 11:01am On Nov 12, 2012
Niflheim: Why is the pope's butler being prosecuted?what is his crime?

Theft.
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by italo: 11:10am On Nov 12, 2012
Canon 855: "Parents, sponsors, and the pastor are to take care that a name foreign to Christian sensibility is not given."

How does this mean that a native name cannot be used for baptism?

My baptismal name is my native name and it doesn't contradict Catholic doctrine.
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Frostyzone(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2012
Why is the Catholic Church so hypocritical.
My reasons;
Self imposed celibacy. Why? Is it really necessary because you can't really cheat nature no matter how hard you try.
Idol Adulation. Bowing down to statues even when your bible said otherwise.
Confession. A continuous confession program that enables the Catholics to do whatever they want, no holds barred, so far as their sins will be absolved the following week by a Priest.

1 Like

Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by italo: 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
Frostyzone: Why is the Catholic Church so hypocritical.
My reasons;
Self imposed celibacy. Why? Is it really necessary because you can't really cheat nature no matter how hard you try.

Matt 19:10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

Apparently, you and many others cannot accept this word, but Catholic Priests have accepted it. Don't call it hypocrisy only because you can't do it and someone is is doing it. That is pride and envy, even though you might not realize it.

Frostyzone: .
Idol Adulation. Bowing down to statues even when your bible said otherwise.

But we never bow down to statues or worship them. Yes, we could bow before a statue or a holy object, but we are doing it in honour of the Saint or phenomenon which that statue or object depicts or represents... And we always give all the Glory to God who bestows such honour on the Saint or allows such phenomena to occur. We worship no one but God.

Frostyzone: .
Confession. A continuous confession program that enables the Catholics to do whatever they want, no holds barred, so far as their sins will be absolved the following week by a Priest.

You could say the same thing about God himself, in the understanding of non-Catholic Christians. He runs a continuous confession program that enables Christians to do whatever they want, no holds barred, so far their sins will be absolved at any point in time by God. Is this hypocritical?

God's program is no different or separate from that of the Church. Indeed it was God who breathed on the first priests and gave them power to forgive and retain sins. Are you blaming the Catholic Church for continuing to exercise that authority or you are blaming them for doing it frequently?
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by ijawkid(m): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
italo:

Matt 19:10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

Apparently, you and many others cannot accept this word, but Catholic Priests have accepted it. Don't call it hypocrisy only because you can't do it and someone is is doing it. That is pride and envy, even though you might not realize it.

And who gave you guys the right to lay down the precept that a priest should live a life of celibacy??.....

Who??......

Jesus said there are those who"" choose"" to live as eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of God and not been forced to be eunuchs in order to serve as priests.......

Even peter(who is the first pope according to you) was married and never was once a celibate........

Let me quote a scripture for you to debunk the whole foundation of the cathoilcs setting out the law on celibacy.....

1 timothy 4:1-3A

1. The Spirit clearly says that in later times
some will abandon the faith and follow
deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
2. Such teachings come through hypocritical
liars, whose consciences have been seared as
with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to ""MARRY""
and order them to abstain from certain foods .........

International Standard Version (©2008)
They will try to stop people from"" marrying"" and
from eating certain foods, which God created
to be received with thanksgiving by those who
believe and know the truth.

Celibacy is a requirement for any catholic man who yearns to serve as a priest.....that law is not scriptural.......the catholic church has forbidden many MEN who serve as priests from marrying,and that has yielded bad results......child molestation and homosexuality.......

You can read 1 timothy chapter 3 to see those requirementS.....

1 Like

Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Frostyzone(m): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
italo: God's program is no different or separate from that of the Church. Indeed it was God who breathed on the first priests and gave them power to forgive and retain sins. Are you blaming the Catholic Church for continuing to exercise that authority or you are blaming them for doing it frequently?

Really? And who gave the priest the so called authority to absolve sins? How did you know that he was touched by God, or were you there when God supposedly appeared out of thin air and breathed on him?
But wait, your church doesn't even believe in miracles!
On another note, your church teaches gender equality, and yet have never ordained a female priest ever. It doesn't get any more hypocritical than that.

1 Like

Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
italo: Canon 855: "Parents, sponsors, and the pastor are to take care that a name foreign to Christian sensibility is not given."

How does this mean that a native name cannot be used for baptism?

My baptismal name is my native name and it doesn't contradict Catholic doctrine.

Doesnt the rule prove my point?

By default, all local Nigerian names are pagan. All our history is pagan. Christianity us a foreign religion. Our culture is Foreign to christianity and that is why you will find that the European catholics baptized all our forefathers in english or biblical names.

Furthermore, by what criteria do you find a name foreign to christian sensibilities? HMM?
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by italo: 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2012
@ Ijawkid,

You will do well to look at all the previous posts to see how clearly and concisely they put their questions. I am finding it hard to know exactly what you want us to respond to or whether you are even answering your own concerns.

Not every discussion has to degenerate into one without direction, focus and decorum.

At least, the last time I checked, the title was: "Ask questions about the Catholic Church."
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
italo: @ Ijawkid,

You will do well to look at all the previous posts to see how clearly and concisely they put their questions. I am finding it hard to know exactly what you want us to respond to or whether you are even answering your own concerns.

Not every discussion has to degenerate into one without direction, focus and decorum.

At least, the last time I checked, the title was: "Ask questions about the Catholic Church."

I dislike the catholic church but I hate hypocrites even more.

How could you even bother to answer a Jehovah witness? A glorified cult?
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by ijawkid(m): 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
italo: @ Ijawkid,

I was just attacking your answer to the OP......

The law on celibacy is trouble......

Refute it if you can with the scriptures....
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by ijawkid(m): 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

I dislike the catholic church but I hate hypocrites even more.

How could you even bother to answer a Jehovah witness? A glorified cult?

Lol...

Thank you....

I wonder why you left the catholic church......

Why??.....

If what I said to italo was wrong kindly refute it with the scriptures,and stop this childs play....

If you so love the RCC then go back to it and stop standing on the fence.....

Yeye!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol...

Thank you....

I wonder why you left the catholic church......

Why??.....

If what I said to italo was wrong kindly refute it with the scriptures,and stop this childs play....

If you so love the RCC then go back to it and stop standing on the fence.....

Yeye!!!!!!!!

The catholic church does extra biblical stuff but so does the Jehovah witness church.

It would be like a money fraudster complaining about a thief
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by ijawkid(m): 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

The catholic church does extra biblical stuff but so does the Jehovah witness church.

It would be like a money fraudster complaining about a thief

Logic boy if you have left the catholic church for good,then stop being its advocate....

Go wallow in your atheism......

You had worshipped mary for almost all your life,so I don't blame you......

That is why till this moment your sense of morality is warped completely......
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
1. Why do Catholics talk more about Mary than Jesus
2. Show us biblical evidence for the apparitions of Mary
3. Show us biblical evidence with regards to the making of prayers to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Logic boy if you have left the catholic church for good,then stop being its advocate....

Go wallow in your atheism......

You had worshipped mary for almost all your life,so I don't blame you......

That is why till this moment your sense of morality is warped completely......

Wallow in atheism?

Catholics worship Mary?

Are you sure that you are okay?
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

Wallow in atheism?

Catholics worship Mary?

Are you sure that you are okay?

I agree with Ijawkid, you were never a Jesus worshipper , hence your atheism, you were a Mary worshipper and because of the lifelessness and deadness of the religion coupled with your disillusionment , you left the so called mother church.

You were never a Christian to begin with.
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
frosbel:

I agree with Ijawkid, you were never a Jesus worshipper , hence your atheism, you were a Mary worshipper and because of the lifelessness and deadness of the religion coupled with your disillusionment , you left the so called mother church.

You were never a Christian to begin with.

Lol...let us put it this way. If you arent a catholic, you are not christian.

First off, you as a protestant are using a less complete bible thant the catholic bible which has extra books

Secondly, your church history traces back to the catholic church

All modern churches (spare some orthodox chuches) are daughters of the catholic chruch.

Without the catholic church, you false protestants dont have your modern bible.

#ouch
Re: Ask Questions About The CATHOLIC Church. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol...let us put it this way. If you arent a catholic, you are not christian.

First off, you as a protestant are using a less complete bible thant the catholic bible which has extra books

Secondly, your church history traces back to the catholic church

All modern churches (spare some orthodox chuches) are daughters of the catholic chruch.

Without the catholic church, you false protestants dont have your modern bible.

#ouch

I am not a protestant, what am I protesting about , lol. grin

I am simply a believer in Jesus who loves him and wants to emulate him in every possible way to the glory of GOD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daily Inspirational Quotes / Why Are Beards Not Allowed For Jehovahs Witnesses? / I've killed a lot of people

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.