Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom (1905 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing Your Mom Caught You Doing? / "Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" / MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by totalbaby(f): 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2012
I need advise for a best friend who is going through this situation. Her parents seemed like the ideal couple who are really in love. Her dad would always ostracized cheating and would always make remarks about men who cheat and how he could not imagine himself cheating on her mom. They were high school sweethearts. Her mom had recently travelled abroad so she decided to surprise her dad by coming home early from university then expected and found a women wearing her mom's gown and sleeping in the bedroom. She left without the other women seeing her but now she does not know what to do. Must she confront her dad? Must she tell her mom or perhaps her siblings? must she pretend nothing happened? This is a real serious problem so mature answers only.
Thanks
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by k2039: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2012
If it was me I will do nothing,my father is a player.

Your friend should just ignore the whole event.If he tells his mom,it's only going to tear the family apart.
If he confronts his dad,it's just like wasting his time.
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by totalbaby(f): 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
k2039: Nothing,my father is a player
hmmm i bet you are one too
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by k2039: 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
totalbaby:
hmmm i bet you are one too

I love my mum and I have little or no regards for my dad,so cheating is like disrespecting my mum.
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by totalbaby(f): 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2012
k2039:

I love my mum and I have little or no regards for my dad,so cheating is like disrespecting my mum.
thats good to know but was your mom aware of the cheating or not? if she is aware fine. but don't you think it is unfair to keep the truth away from her?
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by k2039: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
totalbaby:
thats good to know but was your mom aware of the cheating or not? if she is aware fine. but don't you think it is unfair to keep the truth away from her?
They are seperated,but ofcourse she knows he is a player
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
totalbaby: I need advise for a best friend who is going through this situation. Her parents seemed like the ideal couple who are really in love. Her dad would always ostracized cheating and would always make remarks about men who cheat and how he could not imagine himself cheating on her mom. They were high school sweethearts. Her mom had recently travelled abroad so she decided to surprise her dad by coming home early from university then expected and found a women wearing her mom's gown and sleeping in the bedroom. She left without the other women seeing her but now she does not know what to do. Must she confront her dad? Must she tell her mom or perhaps her siblings? must she pretend nothing happened? This is a real serious problem so mature answers only.
Thanks

Simple, she should tell her mum and let them deal with their issues. There is no need for her to pretend she is the first to have this problem. Yes, it is serious issue but it is not her place to make judgement on who in the family should or should not hear of it. The man is involved, She needs to let her mother know that she knows. If outsiders will not do that, at least her mother needs to be able to know that she, a child of that union would know to do better. She should give her mother the chance to make a decision on the where her marriage(not your friend's) should go.
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by drnoel: 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2012
Blackmail him
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by mumumugu(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
I wil take a photo or video coverage of my dad and d lover in action and threatn to spread it all over the internet + giving mum, pastor ,frend and sisters a copy of d video IF HE DOSENT STOP
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by totalbaby(f): 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
Thanks smiley
Kobojunkie:

Simple, she should tell her mum and let them deal with their issues. There is no need for her to pretend she is the first to have this problem. Yes, it is serious issue but it is not her place to make judgement on who in the family should or should not hear of it. The man is involved, She needs to let her mother know that she knows. If outsiders will not do that, at least her mother needs to be able to know that she, a child of that union would know to do better. She should give her mother the chance to make a decision on the where her marriage(not your friend's) should go.
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2012
drnoel: Blackmail him
yeah, blackmail his sorry arses .
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by CrazyMan(m): 6:22am On Nov 15, 2012
Kobojunkie: Simple, she should tell her mum and let them deal with their issues. There is no need for her to pretend she is the first to have this problem. Yes, it is serious issue but it is not her place to make judgement on who in the family should or should not hear of it. The man is involved, She needs to let her mother know that she knows. If outsiders will not do that, at least her mother needs to be able to know that she, a child of that union would know to do better. She should give her mother the chance to make a decision on the where her marriage(not your friend's) should go.
What kind of advice is this....

If she tells the mum...the mum might decide to confront him, and this might lead to insults, beatings...etc. Which might tear the family apart.

The man won't change either, instead it would be an opportunity for him to continue his illicit act.

Be best options she's got would be to keep quiet, or to confront him respectfully and her what he has to say.

Reporting the incident to a third party is totally out of the question.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by Mynd44: 7:20am On Nov 15, 2012
k2039: If it was me I will do nothing,my father is a player
I don't doubt that
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by 299: 7:49am On Nov 15, 2012
Don't tell your mum. Respectfully confront your dad and let him know you are aware of his illicit affair. Remind him that it goes against everything he claims to stand for and it's capable of tearing your family apart. I bet he'll stop cheating, otherwise threaten to tell your mum if he doesn't stop.
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by k2039: 8:24am On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44:
I don't doubt that

Sounds to me like you know him,lol
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by Mynd44: 8:26am On Nov 15, 2012
k2039:

Sounds to me like you know him,lol
Maybe
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by ochukoccna: 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
Tell your friend to blackmail his black a$$ especially as he's forming holy pass
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
If it was the son that caught them, He should talk to the girl to hook him up too
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 19, 2013
drnoel: Blackmail him
I will also blackmail him till the end of days. grin if possible, the gurl must hook me up also.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by totalbaby(f): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hmmm so you have no regards at all for ur mom?
fem30:
I will also blackmail him till the end of days. grin if possible, the gurl must hook me up also.
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
I won't tell my mommy,cos I don't want my family torn apart. Somethings are better left unsaid,especially if the outcome won't benefit both party. as for my dad,I would report him to someone that can scold him on that.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by totalbaby(f): 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
True that but as you know the truth always comes out in the end. Her mom found out anyways and they are separating because she cannot handle his womanizing anymore.
Yomieluv: I won't tell my mommy,cos I don't want my family torn apart. Somethings are better left unsaid,especially if the outcome won't benefit both party. as for my dad,I would report him to someone that can scold him on that.
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
totalbaby: True that but as you know the truth always comes out in the end. Her mom found out anyways and they are separating because she cannot handle his womanizing anymore.
its better she found out herself,than for me to be an agent of destruction.
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by Gambrosia: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
If I know my mom. . .she'd prolly be doing the same! cool
I don't come from a family of 'female MUGUS'! kiss
She go don smell im azze tey tey! Haba!!! Smoke dey hide for h-inside bottle? grin
Bottomline. . .not my consain! kiss

All I wanno know is where my school fees and pocket money at? Or where the next 'SUMMER VACATION' is gonna be!
Shikena!!! cool

I could care less! kiss
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by MMotimo: 2:39am On Jan 21, 2013
@ Post

I would be happy I'm not the one married to him

He's my father, not my husband!
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by ifihearam: 10:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
@op

So how did your father and mother end the matter when you ran into your dad's room and found his babe with your mom's gown?

You people just come here fronting with other people when you are the ones who needs advise.
Re: What Would You Do If You Foun D Out Your Dad Was Cheating On Your Mom by totalbaby(f): 10:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
Well my parents are happily married thank you. So stop saying things you think you know!
ifihearam: @op

So how did your father and mother end the matter when you ran into your dad's room and found his babe with your mom's gown?

You people just come here fronting with other people when you are the ones who needs advise.

(1) (Reply)

Relocating To Abuja / Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... / 12 People To Be Weary Of If You Are Looking For A Wife Or Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.