Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,257 members, 7,860,590 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:05 PM

Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification (6634 Views)

Nigerian Student Of Warwick Suffers Racism (Photo) / FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification / Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification by AMvanquish: 9:16am On Nov 12, 2012
Charles.nerd:
In my honest opinion,Eneh cannot be said to be a dull student,he had two degrees in Nigeria before going to finland for further studies.

I think he deliberately flunked his exams to elongate his stay in finland,which invariably qualifies him to become a finnish citizen.And the tuition is supposedly free ,so he can afford to fail as many times as possible.

On the issue at hand,I don't see why he should not be issued a certificate if he did everything within the law,anything other than that is plain victimisation and there is no other word to explain it than racism.

Uv said it all..he flunked those xzams to prolong his stay there. People can go to lenghts to achieve their goals.
Re: Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 12, 2012
Charles.nerd:
In my honest opinion,Eneh cannot be said to be a dull student,he had two degrees in Nigeria before going to finland for further studies.

I think he deliberately flunked his exams to elongate his stay in finland,which invariably qualifies him to become a finnish citizen.And the tuition is supposedly free ,so he can afford to fail as many times as possible.

On the issue at hand,I don't see why he should not be issued a certificate if he did everything within the law,anything other than that is plain victimisation and there is no other word to explain it than racism.
I disagree with your theory sir about him deliberately failing his exams in order to get a citizenship. If that were true then why would he be crying out now? Moreso I don't think finland is quite an attractive country economically for a nigerian. The issue as everyone has pointed out is pure racism.
Re: Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification by talktimi(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2012
Before we shout racism there are a few questions that need answers. Is he the only black man in the school ? is he the only black man in his faculty ? Where the qualifications of all black students in his school witheld ? Did he sleep with his H.O.D's daughter or wife and deny the resulting pregnancy ? All these questions have to be answered before judgement can be passed. Abi be ko ? grin
Re: Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification by juman(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2012
saxywale: Finland? I am not suprised. A friend saw the ugly side of the world on a week visit to that country. He experienced discrimination right from the airport, taxi drivers and city malls.

Your friend opinion was wrong.

There is no discrimination in Finland.
Re: Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification by juman(m): 9:58am On Nov 12, 2012
If I remember well, about two or three years ago a law came up to restrict the number of years people can remain studying on a course.

Because there are few (very few) people like that, that do studying a course for many many years. Because education is free in Finland so some few people are just remain studying the same course for many many years probably because of their unseriousness.

The law was made to make people like this nigerian serious with their study, so it limits the study time for everybody either citizen or non citizen.
Re: Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification by lovetterrison(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2012
1stToComment:

omo banke congrats ooo
Re: Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification by megxo(m): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2012
KINGwax: now, that's a rare intelligence on nairaland
DATS Y HE'S A NERD
Re: Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification by chichiman: 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2012
Charles.nerd:

Some 10 years ago, it took some foreign students (especially Nigerians and Indians) an average of 3-5 years to complete 1 year MA or MSc degrees at Liverpool Hope University College (then awarding Liverpool University degrees even in subjects e.g. theology not offered at Liverpool, funny isn't it). Those guys were working like no man's business, making pounds and doing the minimal study possible. After earning their MA/MSc degrees, some went on to do ND, HND, professional certificates and managed to hit the 10 years residence criteria to earn Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) on the basis of Long Residence and ultimately acquired their British Citizenships. GOD BLESS LABOUR PARTY grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Times have really changed in the UK. lol. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student Accuses University Of Racism For Witholding His Qualification by PhysicsQED(m): 2:02am On Nov 13, 2012
Is this man related to Phillip Emeagwali?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2,000 Unemployed Youths Sit For Agric-yes Exam In Agege, Lagos / Socio Economic And Political Crises In Nigeria: (causes And Solution): Help! / How I Spent My Last Holiday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.