Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC (10325 Views)

Ezekwesili Replies CNBC Tweet That Arunma Oteh Is The 1st African Woman VP Of WB / Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB / Arunma Oteh Appointed World Bank VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by lacasa: 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
**yawns!!** ...turns his girl over fσr round 4 wink

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by Callotti: 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
juman:

Blazay, may God forgive you for what you said above. grin

Mu he he he he he

Sorry o! cheesy

She looks VERY LOCAL!
You nor see as she make face like one old ashawo we dem deport from Kuala Lumpur? cheesy

In short. . .make I dey go. . . . cheesy
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by lovetterrison(m): 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
Kai
All9ja girls name same.. dey can die for money
If name to love Pesin with heart alone Noway not to talk of die.. tongue
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by jamace(m): 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
I love this lady. She is very passionate about her job. She may not be perfect, but I am convinced that more of her type will definitely make Nigeria better.

Please, lets give her a chance or better still, lets support her.
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by mu2sa2: 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
Many ordinary people invested their savings in stocks and lost everything to the thieves in the NSE. No amount of sweet talk by madam Otteh will lure them back to buying stocks especially when the crooks that stole their money are still in the NSE. If a person has 10k and spent it at least he has spent on himself- that is better than throwing the money into the cesspit of corruption called NSE.

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by Spoils(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
[quote author=nex]She should should not die O! She is one of those who has been "earmarked" for killing when the revolution comes. Please she should do us the honour and sustain her breath till the time when the poor man she is fighting for will take his fight up by himself. Then he will show who his real enemies are by spilling their blood.

Please, madam Oteh, don't die just yet.
Bros abeg when the revolution go start abeg,cos i don tire to d w8, mo'ova i don sharp my cutllass o.

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by postemail: 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
chief batiatus:

Pls don't insult people just because NL is anonymous. What do you mean by thieving ways? That woman has not stolen a dime in SEC, if she did she would have been out with all the hatred borne her by the real thieves at national assembly. in 2011 SEC under Oteh spent N1.2billion on ICT infrastructure turnaround and ALL the companies that won jobs all won on merit! I also have it on authority none of them could go near her to say 'thank you'. I dare you to refute this so that I can lambast you with more details. Please stop insulting people who are doing the right thing even if they have some personality issues, focus on what their assignment is and whether they are meeting it. Oteh was a vice president at ADB before coming to nigeria, go and ask what her annual package is? Aside ADB staff have diplomatic status incase your ignorant self is unaware. She was already very very successful before coming back to this crap country
You are just one of those apologist that makes me sick with disgust. How could you defend her? She's part of a corrupt ruling class that are bent on destroying whats left of this country
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by xavier3g(m): 10:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ignorance is a sin.
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by vascey(m): 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
chief batiatus:

Pls don't insult people just because NL is anonymous. What do you mean by thieving ways? That woman has not stolen a dime in SEC, if she did she would have been out with all the hatred borne her by the real thieves at national assembly. in 2011 SEC under Oteh spent N1.2billion on ICT infrastructure turnaround and ALL the companies that won jobs all won on merit! I also have it on authority none of them could go near her to say 'thank you'. I dare you to refute this so that I can lambast you with more details. Please stop insulting people who are doing the right thing even if they have some personality issues, focus on what their assignment is and whether they are meeting it. Oteh was a vice president at ADB before coming to nigeria, go and ask what her annual package is? Aside ADB staff have diplomatic status incase your ignorant self is unaware. She was already very very successful before coming back to this crap country

Thank you sir for heralding the voice of reason and not submitting to the myopic sentiments of many posters here.

People should really learn to investigate and not foolish minions in the hands of the seemingly wise honorables.

Aruma took over SEC when the level of decadence was at a historic high. Onyuike and her cohorts milked Nigerians dry through various schemes including the Transcorp public offer.

Aruma was brought in to sanitize the system but has been resisted by those who want status quo so they can continue to enrich themselves.

She had a N1m dinner? So what? Compared to Onyuike she is a saint. Infact she is a god.

I blame the government that did not recognise that SEC needs a systemic change i.e. All the directors and senior management should be sacked and an entirely new management board constituted. And the board's first mandate would be to weed out all the corrupt infected elements over there. That's the only way they can move forward.

From precedence, people who are ready to introduce the kind of change Otteh is bringing are always met with violent resistance e.g. Dora in NAFDAC.

People should believe less of propaganda and identify the underlying issues. That way, we won't have the ignorant sentiments posted on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by mbaemeka(m): 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
she said she is ready to die for the work she is doing there at the SEC and not to DIE for the SEC. The caption was just sensationalized to draw in readers. Her work in the SEC is exemplary. You dont expect the ravenous wolves of the House of rep and house of assembly to watch idly while she sanitizes a system they continue to defile? They're fighting her tooth and nail.

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 11, 2012
Baba Ijebu Lotto. These numbers are SURE BANKERS.....23,63,12,16,33,11..............Thank me Later.
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by postemail: 11:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
vascey:

Thank you sir for heralding the voice of reason and not submitting to the myopic sentiments of many posters here.

People should really learn to investigate and not foolish minions in the hands of the seemingly wise honorables.

Aruma took over SEC when the level of decadence was at a historic high. Onyuike and her cohorts milked Nigerians dry through various schemes including the Transcorp public offer.

Aruma was brought in to sanitize the system but has been resisted by those who want status quo so they can continue to enrich themselves.

She had a N1m dinner? So what? Compared to Onyuike she is a saint. Infact she is a god.

I blame the government that did not recognise that SEC needs a systemic change i.e. All the directors and senior management should be sacked and an entirely new management board constituted. And the board's first mandate would be to weed out all the corrupt infected elements over there. That's the only way they can move forward.

From precedence, people who are ready to introduce the kind of change Otteh is bringing are always met with violent resistance e.g. Dora in NAFDAC.

People should believe less of propaganda and identify the underlying issues. That way, we won't have the ignorant sentiments posted on this thread.
See the problem we have in this country? So 1million dinner is ok by you? Squandering public funds is ok? Shame!
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by chiefbatiatus(m): 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
post.email:

You are just one of those apologist that makes me sick with disgust. How could you defend her? She's part of a corrupt ruling class that are bent on destroying whats left of this country

Am not her tribe, not from her state, never been her neighbor or friend, infact I have only seen her once in my life and she was walking into the lift on the ground floor of her office carrying her handbag by herself - that was what actually caught my eye. I know how many people are hired to carry the bag of DGs but here was this woman carrying her own bag which she does up to this day. S
o please stop talking what you know nothing about. I wish her many many more years to come, she will not die and she will succeed in restructuring that crap called SEC
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by aariwa(m): 11:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
tt
Ddaji: This idiot corrupt lady suppose to be in jail.The bastard that spent N1m for a plate of food and loot over N50b to private account in the name of capital market 50.Hmmm you are servicing oga GEJ that is why.u steal and nothing happen.
no underate that woman ooo she fit be bomb for bed.ask yourslf why GEJ recalled her and still allowed her to retain her post inspite of all the controversies surrounding her tenure.is she the most capable nigerian to man that post?
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by aariwa(m): 11:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
are you just coming to nigeria?how can a politician /govt official give you his /her personal bag to carry for him which may contain some diabolical materials and money for him?
chief batiatus:

Am not her tribe, not from her state, never been her neighbor or friend, infact I have only seen her once in my life and she was walking into the lift on the ground floor of her office carrying her handbag by herself - that was what actually caught my eye. I know how many people are hired to carry the bag of DGs but here was this woman carrying her own bag which she does up to this day. S
o please stop talking what you know nothing about. I wish her many many more years to come, she will not die and she will succeed in restructuring that crap called SEC
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by obowunmi(m): 11:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
Most Nigerians are not well informed. I've met this woman several times- she is brilliant, hard-working, and articulate. The main problem is that she doesn't know how to work well with others. She needs to learn how better to be a team player.

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by webcalculator(m): 12:19am On Nov 12, 2012
obowunmi: Most Nigerians are not well informed. I've met this woman several times- she is brilliant, hard-working, and articulate. The main problem is that she doesn't know how to work well with others. She needs to learn how better to be a team player.

first class material from UNN, computer sciences. you stated truth there. To me, she didn't socialize well in her youth days
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by akintun: 12:55am On Nov 12, 2012
It would be good if people posting try to limit d way dey abuse dis woman. People should state their opinion and not resort to abusing d hardworking SEC DG. D problem I have with her is dat it seems she has not learnt from d last disaster dat befell d stock market. In d interview she happily stated dat d exchange is made up of foreigners (reminds me of Onyuike) . She has 4 gotten dat when these foreigners have problems in their countries, d first thing dey will do is to withdraw their money from places like Nigeria and deposite it in save haven countries, and we will be back to another stock market disaster.
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by NewsFlash101: 2:09am On Nov 12, 2012
a
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by BetaThings: 2:23am On Nov 12, 2012
chief batiatus:

What are the "irregularities" that KPMG discovered?
What is the account of the money collected for Project 50 and how was the money spent?
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by iykak47: 2:37am On Nov 12, 2012
oc2fish: Is this not the same woman that chop 1m every day?
is this not the woman that lived in five star hotel for one yr?
Mr woman your are fool for deceiving the youth of
this country.
Follow follow From where did you get that information?
Others are criticizing, you feel you must join.

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by Jeboy(m): 3:10am On Nov 12, 2012
I have found out that most members in Nairaland are just freaking lazy to find out the truth. Follow bandwagon to bring another down without unverifiable reports. The only reason why NA wants her out was because she dared a House Member who was indicted in the long run for taking estaco but failing to attend the seminar organised by SEC.Where is the House Member today? When the few elite that is fighting corruption are being harrased by corrupt people, instead of well meaning Nigerians to give this few support, you ignorantly and idiotically(if there is and adjective like this) join the corrupt wagons to cry foul. Reason Nigeria may not get out of the woods.

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by miky(m): 6:59am On Nov 12, 2012
Callotti: Please, go ahead mama! grin
Nothing do you!

This woman looks in her 50s!
Did she say she was 40-something? undecided
What is she doing with all the money she is 'chopping'? undecided
Even my almost-70-sth year-old-mama nor wrinkle like this her face! undecided
See her hair?
Kai!!!!
Typical MGBEKE!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew. . . .as a single lady, I expect her to look sharper than this.
Juju must be working on that HER ALHAJI! cheesy

If you can't steal a 'rich' man's money. . . why can 'YOU' steal a poor man's money? Is it not the same bank?cheesy

this is all you have to say about the topic?

well investing is a great idea, if u look at people especially black Americans in their 30-40s who are still struggling though they have great jobs, one thing they say to u is that they wished they invested in their early 20s... i have a little diversified portfolio myself, some appple shares i bought in 2005, starbucks, pacific and i just acquired shares on the the new tesla car company (expecting this to boom in another 4-5 years)

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by Callotti: 8:13am On Nov 12, 2012
miky:

this is all you have to say about the topic?

well investing is a great idea, if u look at people especially black Americans in their 30-40s who are still struggling though they have great jobs, one thing they say to u is that they wished they invested in their early 20s... i have a little diversified portfolio myself, some appple shares i bought in 2005, starbucks, pacific and i just acquired shares on the the new tesla car company (expecting this to boom in another 4-5 years)

ARE YOU AN AMERICAN OR A NIGERIAN? wink
The average life span for Nigerians is 46!
Invest in your life. . . not your death!
The average life-span of an American is? 78! cool
The only thing ANY Nigerian should invest in is LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES, FOR SURVIVING FAMILY MEMBERS! kiss
Be wise and diversify your life with enjoyment NOW. . .
Use your tongue to count your teeth! kiss
Listening to Oteh is a huge joke! You don miss 'bus' be dat o!

Yes! That is all I can say about this topic. kiss
You wanno copy 'oyinbo' peeps and their ways of living? Foul!
Two keys to dying a happy BLACK man or woman is to:

1. STAY OUT OF DEBT
2. HAVE LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES FOR YOUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN.

Screw retirement. . . chances are? YOU AIN'T GONNA LIVE TO ENJOY IT!
Please, learn to take vacations and enjoy your life NOW!
OTEH is a 'single woman'. . . .NO RESPONSIBILITIES! kiss

Please, educate yourself! kiss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by CHIMSKY(m): 8:37am On Nov 12, 2012
Of course she is grey and wrinkled.You think it is easy to go through the affinity of the national Assembly.The woman has aged 10years in the past 6 months.It has been rough.
Callotti: Please, go ahead mama! grin
Nothing do you!

This woman looks in her 50s!
Did she say she was 40-something? undecided
What is she doing with all the money she is 'chopping'? undecided
Even my almost-70-sth year-old-mama nor wrinkle like this her face! undecided
See her hair?
Kai!!!!
Typical MGBEKE!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew. . . .as a
single lady,
I expect her to look sharper than this.
Juju must be working on that HER ALHAJI! cheesy

If you can't steal a 'rich' man's money. . . why can 'YOU' steal a poor man's money? Is it not the same bank?cheesy
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by oderemo(m): 8:41am On Nov 12, 2012
story story. didnt dora said same.
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by Callotti: 8:43am On Nov 12, 2012
CHIMSKY:
Of course she is grey and wrinkled.You think it is easy to go through the affinity of the national Assembly.The woman has aged 10years in the past 6 months.It has been rough.

Who sen her message? grin
Nigerian politics is not for SINGLE WOMEN!
Trust me.
You nor see as Dieziani freeeeeeeeeeesh? wink
Even Aunty Dora the 'EXPOLORER'! cheesy
See Okonjo-Iweala?

See her mate? EVEN WITH ALL THE SUPERNATURAL UGLINESS! wink

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=stella+oduah&id=72B4B3774488BDB526BB8078021D58B7E0D07261&FORM=IQFRBA

Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi was born to Igwe D.O. Oduah of Akili-Ozizor, Ogbaru L.G.A. in Anambra State on January 5, 1962[7]. Oduah-Ogiemwonyi received her Bachelors and Masters Degree (in Accounting and Business Administration respectively) in the United States. Upon her return to Nigeria in 1983, she joined the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.[8]

In 1992, she left the NNPC to establish the Sea Petroleum & Gas Company Limited (SPG), an independent marketer of petroleum products in Nigeria.[9]

She is married to the former Minister for Works, Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi[10] and has children

http://www.bing.com/search?q=diezani+alison-madueke+photos&form=MSNH14&pq=dieziani+&sc=8-9&sp=6&qs=SC&sk=AS3SC2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diezani_Alison-Madueke

Diezani K. Agama was born on December 6, 1960 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. Her father was Chief Frederick Abiye Agama. She studied architecture in England and then at Howard University in the United States.[1] She graduated from Howard with a Bachelor's on 8 December 1992.[2] She returned to Nigeria and joined Shell Petroleum Development Corporation that year. In 2002, she attended Cambridge University for her MBA.[1] In April 2006, Shell appointed her its first female Executive Director in Nigeria.[3]

Since 1999 she has been married to Admiral Allison Madueke (retired), one-time Chief of Naval Staff who was at various times governor of Imo and Anambra State.

HABA!!!! MILITIA!!!! 2015 IS YOUR YEAR TO BE MINISTER! cheesy
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by airfinance(m): 8:47am On Nov 12, 2012
Madam. No mind them jare. But ihear say na Ali Baba dey service you here for Abuja. Abeg incase Ali baba no dey available. I dey kampe jst. Holla me make I help
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by dgitrader(m): 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
may God be with her. i pray she succeeds in weeding out the bad eggs.

https://www.nairaland.com/1101952/best-website-analysing-nigeria-capital
Re: Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC by Malawian(m): 5:08am On Nov 17, 2012
a whole lot of Yoruba suit wearing theives out here on this thread. msheew.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Was A Womanizer - Nnamdi Kanu / 65 CSOs Pull Out Of NLC, TUC Planned Strike To Avoid Anarchy / FCT Minister Nyesom Wike Still In Charge Of PDP Excos In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.