Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff (5850 Views)

FUEL SCARCITY: NLC Threatens To Order Workers To Down Tools If… / NLC Threatens Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Scarcity / NUPENG Threatens Strike If Petroleum Industrial Bill Isn't Passed Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by fatdon1(m): 4:55am On Nov 12, 2012
ABUJA—NIGERIA Labour Congress, NLC, yesterday, threatened to shut down all economic and commercial activities in Sokoto State should Governor Aliyu Wamakko refuse to apologise for allegedly flogging an officer of Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, to a comma in public.

In a statement by NLC’s President, Mr. Abdulwaheed Omar, the congress argued that the action of the governor was unacceptable in any decent society, uncivilised and an undemocratic behaviour least expected of anyone elected to serve the interests of the entire citizens of the state.

NLC said the action of the governor was a violation of the fundamental human rights of the PHCN worker and also exposed the limit of the governor’s exposure to democratic ideals.

It called on Sokoto State House of Assembly to take urgent steps to save the citizens from suffering the consequences of the governor’s action.

It read in part: “Since the governor has opted to ignore the union’s modest request for apology and consequently put the whole state in total blackout, it is clear that his intentions were not just to violate the rights of the PHCN worker but also to inflict deeper hardships on the citizenry.

“By any standards, what the governor did was not just barbaric, irresponsible but coming from a man of his political standing, it also sends a disturbing signal to ordinary citizens who may decide to follow the governor’s example by opting for jungle justice rather than follow legal and constitutional procedures.

“A governor should behave differently from a tout. A street fighter is not fit enough for any public office in a decent country.

“We will invoke our collective slogan of An Injury to One is an Injury to All.

“Congress is, therefore, putting every worker in both the public and private sectors in Sokoto State on notice by directing all unions to commence mobilisation towards a solidarity action by the entire workers of the state against this barbaric act by the governor, if he does not accede to the demand of the union to apologise.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/nlc-threatens-strike-over-flogging-of-sokoto-phcn-staff/
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by okosodo: 7:02am On Nov 12, 2012
Aboki no dey fail

1 Like

Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by fatdon2(m): 7:46am On Nov 12, 2012
okosodo: Aboki no dey fail
true talk
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by fatdon1(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by Arosa(m): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2012
An apology is not enough, he should be made to resign.

1 Like

Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by Freiburger(m): 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
lol grin
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by redsun(m): 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
Arosa: An apology is not enough, he should be made to resign.

Of course.His type herds cattle.
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by stagger: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
Bulala is a normal part of a Maigida's life. What do you expect?
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by emyibe(m): 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
Arosa: An apology is not enough, he should be made to resign.
For where Nija?
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by Kx: 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
Good.
But instead of threatening strike action,
why dont they just list what remedy and redress they want?
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by safarigirl(f): 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
The governor should make a public apology, how can you flog a grown man? That's doing the opposite of what he swore to do. For all we know the poor guy even voted him into power. I'm sure they all made a joke bout it in government house that day...welcome to Nigeria, land of the lawless
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by Ice4jez(m): 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
wat concern aboki with watin dey ground.bet na pple let u dey fall victim .u been in power no mean u be God.u lucky u no dey near me.u for chop slap
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by redsun(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
stagger: Bulala is a normal part of a Maigida's life. What do you expect?

That is why nigerians are seen as cattle by the leaders.It is not just him,all the leaders.Some slap and beat up security personnels for subjecting to security procedures stipulated by the law made by the same animals.

Bankole in his hay days was running opposite traffics with reckless abandon because he had the sirens
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by fittty(m): 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
cheesy
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by Abujabir24: 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2012
Nairalanders why are you all hypocrites? When the news came on board dat the gov flogged a phcn worker, you all were in support of him (govnor) but now its the complete opposite. i wonder wat kind of Nigerians are on this forum. NONSENSE angry

15 Likes

Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by kevoh(m): 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2012
No need for strike action thereby slowing down activities in that state just give the governor a dose of his medicine by flogging and humiliating him the same way! angry mtcheew!
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2012
The govnor is a clown,he ought to resign,maybe he thought the guy na ram like am.
Hausa and their animalistic behaviours
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by akpanbaba: 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
We should thank God for flogging PHCN staff instead of sending Boko haram after him

1 Like

Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by Redmosquito(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
Minion: My King! My King!! The sokoto flogging has finally angered the NLC
Hades: Little one! Do you know what the NLC and the NPF(police) have in common?
Minion: My Lord! What is it they have in common?
Hades: They both begin action long after the fun has ended
Minion: Really?! shocked

6 Likes

Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by fatdon1(m): 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
What you should say is if
it is true that the
Governor flogged
somebody to a state of
commer, then it is wrong
and a redress is neccessary, if it is not
true, then the Governor
should speak and
compel vanguard to
retract the information.
Should it be true, there is no reason the
Governor should give
that is acceptable
enough for him to
become a fighter on the
street. However, a child of a snake can not be
anything but long. A
sokoto State Governor
is an offshoot of Boko
Haram and if he is not
senseless and violent, then he is not fit to be a
Governor of Boko
Haram extraction. The
NLC, is not being
judiceous in their
approach. How can you begin to punish every
body for an alleged
offence of irrational
Governor? Going on
strike on such issue is a
judicial breach. The man, if what is reported is
true has been
assaulted and case of
assault that resulted to
near death should as
other cases of assault be litigated. Nlc should
know that by closing
down operations in
Sokoto is an infrigement
on the rights of others
in the State. You do not redress an out Lawed
action by infracting on
the law. The beating is a
personal injury on the
person so flogged and
should not be taken to the point of disorderly
revenge. What if the
Governor flogs an
applicant tomorrow,
what should the NlC do?
Let the man go to court and set a pace for
others who may be
assaulted by any
Government Official.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by Kslib(m): 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
Na crase dey worry NLC.. The people of sokoto follow flog the nama abi na cow? Make them face the governor alone and not try to do any stupid thing that will affect the masses... I think say NLC get courage nah,why dem con dey use the masses leverage the governor?
If the governor catch dat NLC oga,and give am better koboko ehn,them go give am award for the most active governor.. Aboki people can flog oh.. No try them atall.. When i begin respect aboki men for flogging na wen one fulani man dey control im cow and one of the cow no gree follow the rest. As the aboki give the cow one better whip,na the cow sef con dey begin lead others to the right part.. When dem reach where dem go chop grass,all the cows begin chop grass.. Na only that cow wey dem flog con dey ask the aboki man weda make he follow chop grass??..

3 Likes

Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by Samabu07(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2012
I suggest the governor should be made to pay compensation to this man in question.

1 Like

Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by markus1133: 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2012
hope it doesnt happen
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by BashMe1(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
OYO
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by mekaboy(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2012
WHEN WHITE PEOPLE CALL BLACK AFRICANS ANIMALS, WE SAY NA RACISM. BUT THE GOVERNOR AND CITIZENS BEHAVE LIKE ANIMALS.

TELL ME WHY THE GOVERNOR SHOULD NOT BE IN JAIL, OR MADE TO RESIGN AND PAY HEAVILY FOR THAT?

1 Like

Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by ahmad45(m): 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2012
wammako av 2 visit kirikiri prison let him go there and eat raw bean containng maggot inside 4 hs ignrnt bhviour..haha!
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by awuf2008: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
Craze for power can make some people crazy, if not how would some somebody explain a Serving Governor descending so low to that of an area boy. NLC should go ahead to disrupt of activities in sokoto, so as to send a clear signal to other crazy Governors like him.
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by kpencheruwe: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
Power supply was restore to Sokoto lastweek tuesday,just in time for me to watch celtic vs barca live from my living room. power supply to my area has been stable since tuesday,i wonder where the NLC chairman got the info dat we are still in total black out here in Sokoto. I know for sure that PHCN despite restoring power supply to private residential areas power supply to government establish except Hospital has not bern restored.
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by muktarmtt(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
Abujabir24: Nairalanders why are you all hypocrites? When the news came on board dat the gov flogged a phcn worker, you all were in support of him (govnor) but now its the complete opposite. i wonder wat kind of Nigerians are on this forum. NONSENSE angry
I feel u dude dey hypocrites now dey tune oppst side phcl never b ur frnd nd dat does prevent u 4 dem 2 cut ur conection nd send u a bil without metter, dis power waiting have 2 b put on line hwmany house dis ppl burn on d result of bring over curent 2 our houses, hwmany shope dey burn dis phcl has many lost of millions of naira 2 many ppl but dey never con4set any body dis PHCL have pay big price 4 cosin many lost 2 our country men
Re: NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff by muktarmtt(m): 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2012
Yomieluv: The govnor is a clown,he ought to resign,maybe he thought the guy na ram like am.
Hausa and their animalistic behaviours
Na ur papa b animal infact I went 2 ur place I see hw u liv in forest lyk widelive sml sml houses in d bushess live more lyk animal dude so give us a break funk ass mutherfuker

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The Real FIRST LADY Of Kogi State / Attention!!! Saintsamurai's Prophesy Confirmation Concerning Niger Delta. / Watch Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Protesting For The Unity Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.