Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,670 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

A Funny Morning... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Funny Morning... (735 Views)

No Be Here!; A Funny Experience Of Otondo Corpers En Route To Jalingo! / Bobo Is Here...(a Funny Story) / Goats In Uniform: A Funny Story Of Students Bullying Their Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Funny Morning... by Sheriffc(m): 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
James Allen, the famous 19th century motivational writer once said " You imagine your circumstances as being separate from yourself, but they are intimately related to your ...world." This aptly typifies a typical Nigerian, who is always quick at isolating himself from the happenings around him. He will never agree that directly or indirectly he is the architect of the evil around him. Day in day out he complains about everything he's observing: unmotorable roads, high rate of unemployment, unavailability of clean portable pipe borne water, epileptic power supply, insecurity of lives and property, corruption in the high places and what not. The frustration shows on his countenance and it's noticeable in his attitude too; yet he believes he's not the cause. He over rationalize and analyse issues at his own detriment (health-wise); no wonder the WHO in a report asserts that Nigerians are third most vulnerable people to cardiac arrest and stroke attack. Problems that could easily be solved are over analysed and thus made complicated.

I know you will be wondering why I decided to 'dey yawn as if I no be Nigerian'. I will let you into the scuffle that turned me into a vexer. I was to board a BRT bus this morning but because I was runing late to where I was heading and could not wait till the BRT bus is filled, I decided to go for the yellow buses. You know the usual Lagos rush for things, boarding a bus is no excception.Commuters rushed and I also had to, you know, join the rush. Fortunately for me I got in. On getting in, a lady, who was behind me during the rush was already seated before me that entered into the bus before her ( I'm sure you had asked the same question I asked-how she take jump over me? lol) Well ladies I believe are born to fly (winches). Lmao!!...

Back to my story. On settling down properly on my seat, I just heard the same lady scolding one very gentle looking dude as if he's her younger brother ( you know how ladies talk now) and the next thing we heard was a thunderous slap (what my niece will call a dirty slap) . Gbosssi! The gentle dude 'ungentled' himself, and unknown to my Mr gentle, he just slapped the uniformed man sitted next him's 'boyá' girl friend or wife, I had no time to figure that out before the commencement of what could possibly had made Biafra war a child's play. War! Passengers started running even while still sitted. Don't just ask how I got out of the bus. It was a miracle! Then I asked myself what would that lady had done to deserve that BokoHaram-like explosion that landed on her tender cheek; in a public bus? That Mr gentle dude 'bleeped up'. Is it possible that Mr gentle was having a bad day before the 'provocation'? What I'd possibly reason out is that they were both unstable in mind as at the time the melee started. Well I have to earnestly move far afield from that scene as soon as ègbé miraculously took me out of the bus, which at this time was critically dancing the macabre dance. The Mr gentle dude had a guy with him, so I think ( because I can't actually see any further than that ) he along side his accomplice were either beating the uniformed man or he was beating them. Don't ask me why I did not wait to separate them unlike the other men among the passengers; I had a serious appointment to catch and I was late.

So what do say to my early assertion? What's your opinion?

Engage this scribbler on Twitter @defesobi
Re: A Funny Morning... by Cuddlemii: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
^The newbie is back
How would you categorize this write-up?
Re: A Funny Morning... by Sheriffc(m): 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
Cuddlemii: ^The newbie is back
How would you categorize this write-up?

Hey Hi Cuddlemii..Yes I'm back oo. Txn. Can I call it a story? Well, I was just trying to narrate my experience on a particular morning; and probably link it to the conduct of a typical Nigerian on the street of Lagos. So what do you think? Critique me please. You can check so of my efforts on my MobileBlog.: www.economicate.pun.bz

Is it possible I have your Twitter handle?
Re: A Funny Morning... by Cuddlemii: 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
Sheriff©:

Hey Hi Cuddlemii..Yes I'm back oo. Txn. Can I call it a story? Well, I was just trying to narrate my experience on a particular morning; and probably link it to the conduct of a typical Nigerian on the street of Lagos. So what do you think? Critique me please. You can check so of my efforts on my MobileBlog.: www.economicate.pun.bz

Is it possible I have your Twitter handle?

I won't really call it a story but I like it.
It's an expression of the usual hustle & bustle on the streets of Lagos.
Your write-up doesn't need to be categorized, sometimes readers just need to let the write-up pass though them & learn from it
Re: A Funny Morning... by Cuddlemii: 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
I have never used my twitter handle in my life. I will get back to you on that later.
Re: A Funny Morning... by Sheriffc(m): 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2012
Cuddlemii: I have never used my twitter handle in my life. I will get back to you on that later.

Really? ....Ok
Re: A Funny Morning... by Cuddlemii: 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
Sheriff©:

Really? ....Ok

Let me not derail your thread in order for members to contribute.
You are not a stranger to the chat room.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Congress Mende-mende A Short Play / Read NOLLYWOOD MIRROR® Series Books Everywhere With Amazon's Free Reading Apps / Novel Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.