Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,004 members, 7,810,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term (10134 Views)

Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) / Deputy Comptroller Of Nigeria Prison Service Bags Prison Term / Man Handed 45-year Prison Term For Stealing Governor Aregbesola’s Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by moredendisc: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2012
[size=16pt]Maio Joe 2011 Gospel Music Awards Winner facing a lengthy prison term[/size]

Oluwamayola Ajayi, 31, of Sherman Gardens, Chadwell Heath, used dating website Match.com to ensnare four women using different names and identities.

In one case he sent email threats, purportedly from a captor, saying he had been kidnapped and demanding a ransom.

Ajayi was convicted of conspiracy to defraud after a trial and faces sentence later this week.

Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how Ajayi, who was nominated best international act at the 2011 Gospel Music Awards, gained the women’s trust before persuading them to hand over their savings to fund business enterprises

He insisted the cash would be repaid.

His victims, who all live in America and Canada, were “completely taken in” by his elaborate lies.

They were left humiliated and some were financially ruined by the scam, which ran between November 2009 and August 2010.

One victim handed over more than $125,000 (£78,662) from her late husband’s life savings and dead mother’s estate, which she had earmarked for retirement.

Another disabled woman from Nova Scotia was duped into giving Ajayi almost $38,000 (£23,913)
after he pretended to be Travis David McFly, a United States Airforce pilot serving in Iraq.

Ajayi, who was arrested last August at the home he shares with his wife, denied conspiracy to defraud, fraud, concealing criminal property, using criminal property and two counts of possessing articles for use in frauds.

He was unanimously convicted by a jury on all counts after the trial after admitting a single count of possessing a false identity document with intent.

Adjourning sentence, Judge Sarah Paneth told Ajayi he was facing a ‘lengthy’ prison term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1TC0lrrPiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CEK9p0IxN4

http://www.courtnewsuk.co.uk/newsgallery/?page=2
http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/crime-court/chadwell_heath_man_jailed_after_defrauding_women_through_dating_website_1_1690693
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by julioralph(m): 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
I not sure he'll be so grateful when he lands in prison.

2 Likes

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by dilbert100: 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
fool.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
Praise the Lord!!

Everybody shout hallelujah!

3 Likes

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by IleIfe2(m): 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
A brother shared a story. He decided, one Sunday to worship in an African(Nigerian) church because he missed our praise and worship. Then, it was time for testimony, so this brother came out to give his testimony and it went like this.

I don tey for this country, I don suffer tire. Na hem i con start to pray, i pray, pray, pray make god make my maga dem pay. Everybody praise the lord my Maga has paid, my Maga paid $74,000 and this is just the beginning. The pastor also said, praise the lord

My friend said, " i just look left and right stand up jeje go house go dey look for sermon for youtube'

He must have been grateful for his Magas, thats why he made a video for them SMH
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nawa ooo,Gospel artist,him wan buy Jet ni.

2 Likes

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Afam4eva(m): 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
What a thieving gospel musician aka IDIOT.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
Yomieluv: Nawa ooo,Gospel artist,him wan buy Jet ni.

him no know that the second step na to turn Pastor, no be scam.

1. Gospel

2. Pastor

3. Scam in the name of the Lord

1 Like

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by cheddarking(m): 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2012
Travis David McFly?

Ahahahahahahaha

Is he related to Marty McFly?

How did he scam anyone with such a fake 'hollywood-style' name?
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by icez: 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
grin grin
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by cupidwarden: 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
d guy sef come resemble my dog for house. SHARP GUY!!!
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Iykebestbt(m): 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
This is a typical wolf in sheeps clothing...how dare u drag christianity to the mud?...how dare u portray urself as a gospel singer?...how dare u mislead pple via ur song? How long shall these dubious act of urs continue?...how long
Everyday is 4 d thief,but just a day 'll be that of the owner...may God and pple ve mercy on u!!!
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Welder(m): 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
hhhhmmmm.... greed!
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by DualCore1: 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
Iykebestbt: This is a typical wolf in sheeps clothing...how dare u drag christianity to the mud?...how dare u portray urself as a gospel singer?...how dare u mislead pple via ur song? How long shall these dubious act of urs continue?...how long
21 questions.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by femiseun1: 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
Maga don pay shout hallelujah..... thru the Christianity/ gospel format grin. U will be grateful in prison sophisticated yahoo boy
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
Hmm, could this be the shaking in the house of the Lord as stated in hebrew shocked shocked shocked what a shame cry cry
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by markus1133: 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
what a shame
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2012
A son and his father were
walking
on the mountains.
Suddenly, his son falls, hurts
himself and screams:
“AAAhhhhhhhhhhh !!!” To his surprise, he hears the
voice
repeating, somewhere in the
mountain:
“AAAhhhhhhhhhhh !!! Curious, he yells: “Who are
you?”
He receives the answer: “Who
are
you?”
Angered at the response, he screams: “Coward !”
He receives the answer:
“Coward !”
He looks to his father and asks:
“What ’s going on?”
The father smiles and says: “My
son, pay attention.”
And then he screams to the
mountain: “I admire you!”
The voice answers: “I admire
you!” Again the man screams: “You
are a
champion!”
The voice answers: “You are a
champion!”
The boy is surprised, but does not
understand.
Then the father explains:
“People
call this ECHO, but really this is
LIFE. It gives you back everything
you say or do. Our life is
simply a
reflection of our actions. If
you
want more love in the world, create more love in your heart.
If
you want more competence in
your
team, improve your
competence. This relationship applies to
everything, in all aspects of
life; Life
will give you back everything
you
have given to it.

9 Likes

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Revolva(m): 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
This is a real guyman - and he is a born again gospel winnin artist hahaa see format oo hey but d guy for run comot for canada na - greed don make dem catch am-
Ol boy don't drop the soap while in jail lol
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
cheddarking: Travis David McFly?

Ahahahahahahaha

Is he related to Marty McFly?

How did he scam anyone with such a fake 'hollywood-style' name?
Cheddarking, I thought they said the name is an American Soldier at Iraq.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by dondigi(m): 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
if his victims had watched the videos they would have noticed the duration of the second video was 4:19! hhhhmmmmm!!!!
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
These religious fraudsters can dey fall our hand for dis Naija sha sad

First na pastors, now na gospel singers all under the guise of 'praise the lord'
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by richling77(m): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
I am not surprised but people seems not to see the possibility of him paying his way through from thε fraud proceeds to get the award. Afterall humanbeings organised thε award and not angels from heaven. Award winning nowadays isn't about merit but knowing and paying thε organisers.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Saintsquare(m): 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
Revolva: This is a real guyman - and he is a born again gospel winnin artist hahaa see format oo hey but d guy for run comot for canada na - greed don make dem catch am-
Ol boy don't drop the soap while in jail lol
Make him drop de soap na,he go dey praise the most high with pampers.

1 Like

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
He should bury his head in shame for portraying himself as a gospel artist. He was only deceiving people with his song because he has the thiefing and cheating character within him.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by chinedum13(m): 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
R2bees: A son and his father were
walking
on the mountains.
Suddenly, his son falls, hurts
himself and screams:
“AAAhhhhhhhhhhh !!!” To his surprise, he hears the
voice
repeating, somewhere in the
mountain:
“AAAhhhhhhhhhhh !!! Curious, he yells: “Who are
you?”
He receives the answer: “Who
are
you?”
Angered at the response, he screams: “Coward !”
He receives the answer:
“Coward !”
He looks to his father and asks:
“What ’s going on?”
The father smiles and says: “My
son, pay attention.”
And then he screams to the
mountain: “I admire you!”
The voice answers: “I admire
you!” Again the man screams: “You
are a
champion!”
The voice answers: “You are a
champion!”
The boy is surprised, but does not
understand.
Then the father explains:
“People
call this ECHO, but really this is
LIFE. It gives you back everything
you say or do. Our life is
simply a
reflection of our actions. If
you
want more love in the world, create more love in your heart.
If
you want more competence in
your
team, improve your
competence. This relationship applies to
everything, in all aspects of
life; Life
will give you back everything
you
have given to it.
my guy thanks a lot for this post am highly touch
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by tonym1(m): 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
HE WILL BE SINGING PRAISE SONGS TO HIS FELLOW PRISONERS
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by sortedupdate: 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
The post was been forged at random. The main source posted in the last year that he had a clash which has been sorted out. I'm an journalist in the UK and Ireland; this is to inform you to be sure before responding to unverified posts like these.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by eikeem(m): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
Hmmmmm....... If only this guy had escaped the long arm of the law. Nigeria would have witnessed the arrival of another 'hardworking' multi-millionaire with a touching 'grass-to-grace' story to tell.
To all those who use acting and/or music as a cover up for their sinister actions, The arm of the law is very long oooooo.
And by 'arm of the law', I don't mean EFCC!
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by callybi: 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
We Nigerians are very good at quickly judging ourselves.any sensible person will be able to read the context that,there is no correlation between the time that were mentioned in that article. Hw can some1 be arrested in August and was still seen on the streets on london in october 29. Oyinbo go give us something n na him we go dey use 2 kill ouselves. We saw this guy on tv on tv performed on october 28th. If you live in the uk and follows Nigerian Christian music u should know dis. We Nigerians just stand 2 kill ourselves. No wonder da grin said ojojumo lanjiriya.why won't we wake up 2 c suffering when we r hypocrytes n dishonest peoPle? Wonder d time Nigerians will grow up?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Remanded In Prison For Stealing Bibles In Ondo / Kidnapped Epe Pupils: Parents Hold Thanksgiving, Share Testimonies / NURTW To Combat Highway Crimes With E-Tracking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.