Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term (10145 Views)

Mighty Joe, Nigeria's Notorious Robber Executed In 1973 For Stealing N10 (pic) / Deputy Comptroller Of Nigeria Prison Service Bags Prison Term / Man Handed 45-year Prison Term For Stealing Governor Aregbesola’s Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by callybi: 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
The root of hypocracy starts from our fathers and it's still on. All those whites are top directors in shell and chevron eating our money, wasting our lands,killing our people and making nonsense of our economy like increasing fuel pump price from 65 naira to 97 naira. They then engaged our youths with gossips. Carting billions of of pounds into their economy, we here crying over 125 0000 pounds. Hw do you think a black man will be held in white custody and he will be set loose. If dbang no escape u think say he go fit rise to fame? Even if the guy did that , is the jugdge supposed to tell him that he will serve a long prison term. This shows us that even before the judgement they have concluded where they are heading to, all this is just for propaganda and to nail the name of the guy for Nigeria to see that there is another fallen star. Why is it that we don't read and think with our senses ? Nigeria is falling and her woes is going with her. I cry for the future of this country from 0 to minus 100. What a shame!!! Those that killed Idowu Taylor where are they today ? Abi is it not inside same UK that is judging this culprit that Idowu Taylor was murdered in cold blood ? If not for the noise Nigerians made will the case come to lime light ? ABEG you IDIOTS you better read well, check the faults, the motives and read in between the line before you voice out or write!!! Some peoples brains are on their wrists. Haba since yesterday. Bigger crimes happen in the UK and USA every day nobody shout about it. They cover it and sweep this under the carpet, but we here, it will be the debate for the next 4 months. Bush predicted Nigeria will be divided in 2015 and boko haram came in few yrs bush left. What do you think of this ? Think and be wise you people.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by callybi: 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
The root of hypocracy starts from our fathers and it's still on. All those whites are top directors in shell and chevron eating our money, wasting our lands,killing our people and making nonsense of our economy like increasing fuel pump price from 65 naira to 97 naira. They then engaged our youths with gossips. Carting billions of of pounds into their economy, we here crying over 125 0000 pounds. Hw do you think a black man will be held in white custody and he will be set loose. If dbang no escape u think say he go fit rise to fame? Even if the guy did that , is the jugdge supposed to tell him that he will serve a long prison term. This shows us that even before the judgement they have concluded where they are heading to, all this is just for propaganda and to nail the name of the guy for Nigeria to see that there is another fallen star. Why is it that we don't read and think with our senses ? Nigeria is falling and her woes is going with her. I cry for the future of this country from 0 to minus 100. What a shame!!! Those that killed Idowu Taylor where are they today ? Abi is it not inside same UK that is judging this culprit that Idowu Taylor was murdered in cold blood ? If not for the noise Nigerians made will the case come to lime light ? ABEG you IDIOTS you better read well, check the faults, the motives and read in between the line before you voice out or write!!! Some peoples brains are on their wrists. Haba since yesterday. Bigger crimes happen in the UK and USA every day nobody shout about it. They cover it and sweep this under the carpet, but we here, it will be the debate for the next 4 months. Bush predicted Nigeria will be divided in 2015 and boko haram came in few yrs bush left. What do you think of this ? Think and be wise you people. ARE THE WHITES NOT THE BIGGEST SCAMS ? How can some 1 just talk 2 u via internet u gave the person your life savings ? Shio kelebe tue. Munmun people!!!
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by lastpage: 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
Left to me personally, any case of 419 involving "Oyinbo" persin, [size=14pt]l will jail "BOTH" the accuser and the accused............... or SET BOTH FREE![/size]

In all cases of 419 involving "foreigners", l see that it is the GREED of this people (so called widow or pensioner) ...as against their often depicted "weakness or foolishness", that makes them fall prey to dupers!

For example, 419 has been the talk of the town since over fifteen years now, there are websites offering "advice" on how to avoid them, their are Govt Agencies to report to, there are videos exposing their antics and yet some people will still see all these things and decide to pay? WHY?

Almost on daily basis, l receive "letters" telling me l have either won a JACKPOT, A LOTTERY or that l can get one million Dollars of some dead Ministers (Even Livi Ajunoma's Billions was not left out! grin ) loot if l can send them a "little advance fee" for "clearing"! shocked shocked

I just only have to be greedy to fall prey!
I know l did not play any Lottery, why should then win a Lottery?
Why should l profit where l have not "invested" ....or is it not extreme greed that would make me decide (without anyone putting a gun to my head) to part with my money?

In the case of this guy for example.
Is there no charity in America catering for Iraq War veterans that the woman can give the money to?
What does she want with this "handsome" dark, dude? Does she want him as a Gigollo?

I can understand that his actions are criminal but so are those of the people he scammed!

They should stop "playing the Victim", they are all greedy criminals as well.

I have no pity for both of them sha.

Lastpage!
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by bright87: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
I beg make una nor blame am. The guy wan buy private jet... I feel sorry him sha and i pray that God give him d grace to go through it.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Chanchit: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
This silly guy is really talented.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by SELFWORTH: 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
I am glad this is making news. God should put to shame PUBLICLY those who cheapen His name. They will vist Nigeria and start throwing money around like no man's business. Noone will suspect them as fraudstersgrin
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by SELFWORTH: 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
sortedupdate: The post was been forged at random. The main source posted in the last year that he had a clash which has been sorted out. I'm an journalist in the UK and Ireland; this is to inform you to be sure before responding to unverified posts like these.

...a journalist(with this kind of english)? Where did you learn your trade? grin
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by sweetrace(f): 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
R2bees: A son and his father were
walking
on the mountains.
Suddenly, his son falls, hurts
himself and screams:
“AAAhhhhhhhhhhh !!!” To his surprise, he hears the
voice
repeating, somewhere in the
mountain:
“AAAhhhhhhhhhhh !!! Curious, he yells: “Who are
you?”
He receives the answer: “Who
are
you?”
Angered at the response, he screams: “Coward !”
He receives the answer:
“Coward !”
He looks to his father and asks:
“What ’s going on?”
The father smiles and says: “My
son, pay attention.”
And then he screams to the
mountain: “I admire you!”
The voice answers: “I admire
you!” Again the man screams: “You
are a
champion!”
The voice answers: “You are a
champion!”
The boy is surprised, but does not
understand.
Then the father explains:
“People
call this ECHO, but really this is
LIFE. It gives you back everything
you say or do. Our life is
simply a
reflection of our actions. If
you
want more love in the world, create more love in your heart.
If
you want more competence in
your
team, improve your
competence. This relationship applies to
everything, in all aspects of
life; Life
will give you back everything
you
have given to it.

Sounds really smart, but so untrue.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by olapluto(m): 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
If you ask me, I say the MOGs and Daddy GOs are to blame. If a boy grows up seeing his father smoke pipe, and he starts to sniff marijajay at 14, I think he is omobolanle. With MOGs now using plane, it is only fair that SOGs use bentley....and the money can come from anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 14, 2012
Well this thread speaks for itself. lipsrsealed
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by kconcept: 12:53am On Nov 14, 2012
you all can say what you can, but everybody knows that people travel out of Nigeria on a daily bases just to have a better life. and in the process some use fault identity while others gets involved in vices that aren't good enough and the bottom line is that we all buy into what these white people tells us. the are the same people who made us slaves, took our natural resources and still control our economy just to develop their own and when we hear anything about our people we cry even if it's £5 but we do nothing about the billions the loot away from our country. whenever I read or hear about this sort of news, I do not bother myself because once a white man has an opportunity to nail you either you're guilty or not especially if you're Nigeria they pursue it to the last letter just to bring you down. this is just one of those usual nonsense they write and we cry about while they go ahead to continue looting our money. be wise!!!

1 Like

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by ghettodreamz(m): 6:47am On Nov 14, 2012
Boyz Are Not SMILING. grin grin grin grin
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 14, 2012
chinedum13:
my guy thanks a lot for this post am highly touch
welcome bro
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 14, 2012
sweetrace:

Sounds really smart, but so untrue.
yea bro...just a wise saying
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by softgirl1: 11:17am On Nov 14, 2012
It's well May God take control of very situation that concern him....
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Abellybaba: 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
Naija people, Na rumor go finish una life. Fake stories. Una no get work than to de talk matter for nairaland.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by SELFWORTH: 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2012
kconcept: you all can say what you can, but everybody knows that people travel out of Nigeria on a daily bases just to have a better life. and in the process some use fault identity while others gets involved in vices that aren't good enough and the bottom line is that we all buy into what these white people tells us. the are the same people who made us slaves, took our natural resources and still control our economy just to develop their own and when we hear anything about our people we cry even if it's £5 but we do nothing about the billions the loot away from our country. whenever I read or hear about this sort of news, I do not bother myself because once a white man has an opportunity to nail you either you're guilty or not especially if you're Nigeria they pursue it to the last letter just to bring you down. this is just one of those usual nonsense they write and we cry about while they go ahead to continue looting our money. be wise!!!

Please lets be honest.

There is no justification for Evil. Go online and read the story properly. He was a proper 419 . Unfortunately , he wasn't in Nigeria where you do not pay for your crimes. The law will punish and there is still the judgement of God. He has soiled Gods name and Nigerias.

1 Like

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by SELFWORTH: 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
Chanchit: This silly guy is really talented.
.... talented in crime . Yes . True talent!
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by sortedupdate: 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
You're good at writing but such a poor rumour hawker...

SELFWORTH:

...a journalist(with this kind of english)? Where did you learn your trade? grin
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by SELFWORTH: 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
sortedupdate: You're good at writing but such a poor rumour hawker...

Journalist my foot.

It's all over the net www.news2.onlinenigeria.com
and u are trying to convince some fools that its a rumour.
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by moredendisc: 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
sortedupdate: The post was been forged at random.

The main source posted in the last year that he had a clash which has been sorted out.
I'm an journalist in the UK and Ireland; this is to inform you to be sure before responding to unverified posts like these.

[size=16pt]Gospel Singer Maio Joe Has Now Been Jailed For Six-and-a-half Years[/size]

Jailed: Oluwamayola Ajayi, pictured,
conned a series of single women out of more than £120,000
using dating website match.com

An acclaimed gospel singer who used a dating site to steal more than £120,000 from lonely women by posing as a pilot, oil executive and grieving widower has been jailed for six-and-a-half years.

Conman Oluwamayola Ajayi
, 31, preyed on four single women on popular dating website Match.com using a series of aliases and outlandish stories to fleece them of their cash.

He even sent email threats, purportedly from a captor, claiming he had been kidnapped and would be killed if a ransom was not paid.

Ajayi, who was nominated for best international act at the 2011 Gospel Music Awards under his stage name MaioJoe, was jailed for conspiracy to defraud at Snaresbrook Crown Court with Judge Sarah Paneth saying that it was clear he intended to defraud his victims 'for much more money' than he did.

He blew all the money on a luxury lifestyle, including a holiday to South Africa.

Judge Paneth added: 'This was not money these women had to spare, it was money they needed back urgently.

'Having spent all of their money you pursued them for more by saying you would be killed if they did not pay.'

The court heard how he gained the women’s trust before persuading them to hand over their savings to fund business enterprises insisting the cash would be repaid.

His victims, who all live in America and Canada, were ‘completely taken in’ by his elaborate lies.

They were left humiliated and some were financially ruined by the scam, which ran between November 2009 and August 2010.

One victim handed over more than $125,000 (now £78,662) from her late husband’s life savings and dead mother’s estate, which she had earmarked for retirement.

Another disabled woman from Nova Scotia was duped into giving Ajayi almost $38,000 (£23,913) after he pretended to be Travis David McFly, a United States Airforce pilot serving in Iraq.

Prosecutor Markus Rickard said: ‘He told a story to her about some gold bars he had found and that he wanted to get them out of Iraq so they could secure their financial future.

‘This inevitably led to the woman having supply money via an intermediary in London, to enable the gold bars to be taken from Iraq.

‘She was completely taken in by him and intended to spend the rest of her life with him.

‘At one point, she arranged to meet him at an airport and waited for five hours for him, but he did not turn up

Conned: the women who were fleeced by Ajayi all used the popular dating website match.com

This has left her flat broke and deeply embarrassed.’

Ajayi pocketed around $30,000 (£18,873) from another internet lover, leaving her in financial dire straits.

The singer also posed as a project manager in the oil and gas industry to fleece $7,000 (£4,404) from his final victim, telling her he needed the cash for expenses including a ‘Crude Oil Lifting Licence’.

He told all but one of the women that he was a white widower with children from Britain called Mark West, who was currently living in the US.

Ajayi funnelled his ill-gotten gains through false bank accounts, mainly using the fictional identity of Jose Fernando Rodrigues-Guedes.

Mr Rickard added: ‘The defendant systematically and repeatedly misrepresented himself to lonely females using the internet and cheated them out of £120,000 from November 2009 until August 2010.

‘The victims of his deceptions have been left embarrassed and fearful and they have all suffered substantial financial loss or ruin.’

Ajayi was arrested last August at the home he shares with his wife in Chadwell Heath, Essex.

During interview in a prepared statement, he insisted one of his victims was the girlfriend of a friend who owed him money.

He claimed he used an account in the name of Rodrigues-Guedes as he did not have one in his own name.

The computer equipment on which police found scores of emails with money transfers, credit card details, bank statements, personal information and photographs belonged to the ‘real’ Rodrigues-Guedes, Ajayi claimed.

But Rodrigues-Guedes has never been found, prompting police to believe he is simply an identity dreamed up by Ajayi to carry out his con.

Ajayi denied conspiracy to defraud, fraud, concealing criminal property, using criminal property and two counts of possessing articles for use in frauds.

He was unanimously convicted by a jury on all counts after a trial after admitting a single count of possessing a false identity document with intent.

A spokesman for match.com today urged users to follow its safety guidelines when online dating.

He said: 'Sadly the tiny minority of people who try to exploit others is not confined to dating sites or even the internet, it’s across all walks of life.

'We urge our members to follow the safe dating guidance we provide across our site and via email when meeting new people, whether that’s online, through friends or in a bar.

'Most importantly requests for money or financial assistance are not acceptable.

'You should never send money to anyone you meet online; just as you would never give money to someone you recently met in a pub or cafe

Conman: Ajayi, pictured, used a string of identities
including posing as a pilot, oil executive
and grieving widower to fleece four women out of their cash

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235191/Oluwamayola-Ajayi-posed-pilot-oil-exec-widower-match-com-steal-120k-lonely-women.html#ixzz2Ch5XwfaD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnOwU6Gs8XY

1 Like

Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by Callotti: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hmmmmm!
Looks like one of those 'moderators' of a Nigerian messageboard abi na website!
Never deal with this tribe online. . .they suck congos and steal wallets aka blow-job-for-Jesus ministers! grin
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by moredendisc: 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
sortedupdate:

The post was been forged at random.
The main source posted in the last year that he had a clash which has been sorted out.
I'm an journalist in the UK and Ireland;
this is to inform you to be sure before responding to unverified posts like these.

@sortedupdate

Some journalist you are indeed.

Egg on your face, huh

Your man, like they say in Eire, he sure hoodwinked and pulled wool over your eyes

After viewing & reading, you are too embarrassed to eat the humble pie and admit it is true
Re: Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term by rusher14: 7:29am On Nov 22, 2012
kconcept: you all can say what you can, but everybody knows that people travel out of Nigeria on a daily bases just to have a better life. and in the process some use fault identity while others gets involved in vices that aren't good enough and the bottom line is that we all buy into what these white people tells us. the are the same people who made us slaves, took our natural resources and still control our economy just to develop their own and when we hear anything about our people we cry even if it's £5 but we do nothing about the billions the loot away from our country. whenever I read or hear about this sort of news, I do not bother myself because once a white man has an opportunity to nail you either you're guilty or not especially if you're Nigeria they pursue it to the last letter just to bring you down. this is just one of those usual nonsense they write and we cry about while they go ahead to continue looting our money. be wise!!!
You are a FOOL!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taxi Driver, Others Arrested For Robbing Passengers In Abeokuta / HELP!!! Bet9ja Have Debited All My Account Balance. / Problem Of Blacklisted BVN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.