Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. (6540 Views)

Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay / Diezani To Be Charged Alongside Her Mother - Sahara Reporters / Video: Biafra Radio Founder Nnamdi Kanu Threatens Nigerians With War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Katsumoto: 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
Dede1 no dey gree. grin grin grin grin grin

ProsecutorQED (to borrow from Negro_Ntns) welcome to my world. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by dayokanu(m): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
Katsumoto: Dede1 no dey gree. grin grin grin grin grin

ProsecutorQED (to borrow from Negro_Ntns) welcome to my world. grin grin grin grin grin

We have a saying in Yoruba, They say "O ko agidi bori bi fan Igbo" Meaning stubborn like Igbo made fan.

Dendemoron Nna bros Kedu maka ahia.

Long time my broda, How markate

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Katsumoto: 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
dayokanu:

We have a saying in Yoruba, They say "O ko agidi bori bi fan Igbo" Meaning stubborn like Igbo made fan.

grin grin grin grin

You too like wahala.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 17, 2012
dayokanu:

grin grin grin grin u wicked o
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by EkoIle1: 1:14am On Nov 17, 2012
See as den take uncle dede mop floor like toilet....

This is not a fair contest...uncle dede need alabukun and lucozade for quick recovery from this brutal beating and grand assault..
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by dayokanu(m): 2:19am On Nov 17, 2012
Eko Ile: See as den take uncle dede mop floor like toilet....

This is not a fair contest...uncle dede need alabukun and lucozade for quick recovery from this brutal beating and grand assault..

We go soon hear cries of genocide

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 17, 2012
@OP

After we cage you first. grin
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by T9ksy(m): 8:35am On Nov 17, 2012
dayokanu:

Ha ha ha .......bet "Dendemoron" is endowed with the generic ibo Igbo, too.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Dede1(m): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2012
T9ksy:

Ha ha ha .......bet "Dendemoron" is endowed with the generic ibo Igbo, too.

I can not believe you joined moronic Eko Ole and Dayolodo in this show of shame. I guess tribalism runs excessively deep in certain people.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by nduchucks: 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2012
As a very fair and non partisan observer, my observation is that none of you people have proved or provided convincing evidence that Dede1 and fellow biafran soldiers committed any war crime in Asaba or in any other area of the old mid west. People are supposed to be killed during wars, abi una think say war be amusement park fun ni?
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Katsumoto: 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2012
[quote author=ndu_chucks]As a very fair and non partisan observer, my observation is that none of you people have proved or provided convincing evidence that Dede1 and fellow biafran soldiers committed any war crime in Asaba or in any other area of the old mid west. People are supposed to be killed during wars, abi una think say war be amusement park fun ni?[/quote ]

So that you can also say your uncle's, Murtala, troops did not commit any atrocities at Asaba. grin grin

In any case, no one said the atrocities by dede1's troops occured at Asaba.

Go sityo ar.se down my friend. Fair and nonpartisan observer my hinny.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by nduchucks: 6:35pm On Nov 17, 2012
Katsumoto:

So that you can also say your uncle's, Murtala, troops did not commit any atrocities at Asaba.

In any case, no one said the atrocities by dede1's troops occured at Asaba.

Go sityo ar.se down my friend. Fair and nonpartisan observer my hinny.

What are you insinuating, are battles of war now synonymous to atrocities? What'yu talking 'bout willie?
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by naijaking1: 7:14pm On Nov 17, 2012
In this World, there're people who want to tell the truth and people who just want to muddy the water.
I support a thorough and honest investigation of all human right abuses. Those against Igbos, and those purpotedly committed by Igbos. We actually need an urgent investigation into these so-called crimes against eastern minorities, because such unsubstantiated claims have been used for too long to simply muddy the water.
Anybody reading the poster's narrative from one Dr. Imkpene would easily see the many holes of the plot, such as "Who was the commander of such unit".
Like everything eastern Nigeria, facts and fiction tend to mix up.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Dede1(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
Some folks thought that acts of repeated falsehood become de facto truth. Nigerians have found unavoidable favor with such shamelful behavior.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by buffny: 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2012
Dede1:

The above post is a brazen attempt by denial artist to sit truthful historical fact on its head. We are discussing the massacre perpetrated by frustrated units of soldiers who had incurred losses in term of human and materials in their failed bid to accomplish a task and turn their frustration and weapons on civilian whom they blamed for their cowardice and inadequacies. The Asaba, Ogba\Egbema and Obosi stood as glaring examples of such display of cowardice and inadequacies by armed units of Nigerian armed forces.

The incidences that took place in Sapele, Warri, Benin City and Agbo were born out of ethnic hatred and blind rage carried out by Non-Igbo peeps to placate their northern masters of Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Tiv, Nupe, etc. In Warri and Sapele, it must be recall that members of 8th battalion stood watch and encouraged the non-Igbo in those cities to lynch the defenseless Igbo. The history repeated itself at Benin City and Agbo as elements from 4th Brigade of 2nd Division under Captain Yara Adua encourage non-Igbo to lynch Igbo peeps.

The massacre in Asaba was carried out by the units from the 8th brigade of 2nd division of Nigerian armed forces under the command of Lt Col Francis Ayisida. The Ogba\Egbema massacre was perpetrated by units from 15th Brigade of 3MCDO of Nigerian armed forces under the command of Major Olu Makanjuola. The killing of 300 church worshippers at Obosi was carried by units from 4th and 6th brigades of 2nd division under the command of Lt Col Murtala Mohammed. This incident happened when 11th division of Biafaran army was in hot pursuit of Murtala Mohammed and his men after the Abagana debacle.

It is unconscionable for any individual to even insinuate putting up a defense for what happened in Sapele, Warrri, Benin City and Agbo during the dark hours of Nigerian history. It is fine with me but I must attest that Ndigbo shall never forget.

did u forget the part where so called biafran liberation forces invaded the midwest and committed atrocities against non igbos. shooting and harassing.

stupid dumbass.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Tolexander: 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2012
Dede1:

I can not believe you joined moronic Eko Ole and Dayolodo in this show of shame. I guess tribalism runs excessively deep in certain people.
if someone is said to be tribalistic, honestly, u are the summary
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Dede1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
buffny:

did u forget the part where so called biafran liberation forces invaded the midwest and committed atrocities against non igbos. shooting and harassing.

stupid dumbass.

Buffoonery,

You are one of the bitter reasons people like me want out of Nigeria. This dubious niche you have to show off idiocy in public is terminal disease.

The planks of Biafran have remained that idi.ots such as you who had bore false accusations that Biafra soldiers committed atrocity in Midwestern region should proffer a shred of evidence. Biafrans had raised similar accusation against certain Nigerian military units and were able to provide the name of the units, commanders of such units and places such atrocities were committed. I guess being drooling fool also prevents you from speaking the truth.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Dede1(m): 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
Tolexander: if someone is said to be tribalistic, honestly, u are the summary

If standing on the side of the truth is translated as tribalism, I had worn it as a badge of honor like Awolowo did.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by buffny: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2012
even NU Akpan , Ojukwus chief secretary wrote in his book that atrocities were committed by igbos against non igbos who did not "cooperate". I want to see dede1 wiggle his way out of this. slimy bastard.

Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by buffny: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2012

Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Dede1(m): 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2012
buffny:

I guess the hard-earned money your parents spent to get you educated remains a futile effort. Many Igbo people were killed, harassed and even imprisoned on the slightest suspicion they were saboteurs. I have seen previously happily married couples get nasty in a divorce matters. It is not surprise to read a crap allegedly written by AU Akpan who was top government official both in eastern region and Biafra. The persons of minority ethnic group held important positions in Biafra. If the minorities people were maltreated as Akpan would want us to believe, he, AU Akpan, should be held responsible.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by buffny: 10:36pm On Nov 17, 2012
Dede1:

I guess the hard-earned money your parents spent to get you educated remains a futile effort. Many Igbo people were killed, harassed and even imprisoned on the slightest suspicion they were saboteurs. I have seen previously happily married couples get nasty in a divorce matters. It is not surprise to read a crap allegedly written by AU Akpan who was top government official both in eastern region and Biafra. The persons of minority ethnic group held important positions in Biafra. If the minorities people were maltreated as Akpan would want us to believe, he, AU Akpan, should be held responsible.

ohh , so you are now conceding that atrocities were infact possibly committed by igbos !!!!

u are a funny one. let me provide you with the source of all that i have put up there since u choose to not believe.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Struggle-Secession-1966-1970-Personal/dp/0714629499/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353181904&sr=8-2&keywords=n+u+akpan

you can utilize amazons preview feature to browse through the pages you dumb dingbat.

Nu akpan stated clearly in his book that ojukwu was a tyrant ready to kill those who opposed him , so why would he voice opposition and risk being killed.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Dede1(m): 11:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
buffny:

ohh , so you are now conceding that atrocities were infact possibly committed by igbos !!!!

u are a funny one. let me provide you with the source of all that i have put up there since u choose to not believe.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Struggle-Secession-1966-1970-Personal/dp/0714629499/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353181904&sr=8-2&keywords=n+u+akpan

you can utilize amazons preview feature to browse through the pages you dumb dingbat.

Nu akpan stated clearly in his book that ojukwu was a tyrant ready to kill those who opposed him , so why would he voice opposition and risk being killed.

I am not coinciding anything. NU Akpan made clear statement about the treatment handed to anyone slightly suspected of aiding the enemy. Whether the suspected saboteur was Igbo, Efik, Ijo, Ogoni, Ibibio or Annang, it did not matter a bit as he\she was roughly handled. I guess this scenario is different from the atrocity in discussion because the victims were simply killed because of their ethnicity, olodo.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by buffny: 12:28am On Nov 18, 2012
Dede1:

I am not coinciding anything. NU Akpan made clear statement about the treatment handed to anyone slightly suspected of aiding the enemy. Whether the suspected saboteur was Igbo, Efik, Ijo, Ogoni, Ibibio or Annang, it did not matter a bit as he\she was roughly handled. I guess this scenario is different from the atrocity in discussion because the victims were simply killed because of their ethnicity, olodo.

an atrocity is an antrocity dumbo. whether u kill them cus of ethnicity or because they dont support your cause. an atrocity is an atrocity , so why are u justifying such . sounds like you are very much a hypocrite. and it was the igbos that were committing these atrocities.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by EkoIle1: 12:46am On Nov 18, 2012
Dede1:

Old man. You don recover with alabukun and lucozade? You better shut your mouth before I call physicsQED to discipline and rough handle you again.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Crayola1: 12:48am On Nov 18, 2012
Ok so all of Nigeria should go to The Hague. Problem solved.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by naijaking1: 4:31am On Nov 18, 2012
@buffuny
What a waste of bandwith
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by EkoIle1: 6:10am On Nov 18, 2012
naijaking1: @buffuny
What a waste of bandwith

And you are a waste of Akpu....
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 18, 2012
@OP
Go and write your own memoirs, if you feel so pained.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by nku5: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2012
Simple as pie for those with minimal intelligence

Dede1:

Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by buffny: 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
nku5: Simple as pie for those with minimal intelligence

and who gave ojukwu the mandate to declare himself lord and master over the east and convert it to biafra. is eastern nigeria his personal property .

the minorites never gave their mandate to ojukwu so he has no right to impose his rule on them.
Re: Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. by DeepSight(m): 12:52am On Nov 19, 2012
No sane person can deny that in war, all sides DO commit atrocities.

As such, it is very odd to read a discussion in which attempts are made to deny such.

Atrocities known, and atrocities unknown, no doubt occurred on both sides.

However, in deference to Dede, I must point out that it is of no use discussing atrocities without pointing out the persons who allegedly committed same. I say this not because I do not recognize PhysicQED's point - i do - namely that one cannot expect civilians to recognize specific military insignia - I say this for the simple reason that there is such a thing as a war crime - and needless to say, you cannot be discussing a crime in the absence of any accussed. Even where this is done, it is futile: i.e: there can be no trial. Who is to be tried? It is a perfect waste of time and emotion

The only plausible way to try anyone in such circumstances would be an uphill task: to show first that the crimes occurred and then to hold the living leaders of the accused side personally responsible for a war crime, one would have to also show that they personally authourized such. This is impossible, and for this reason I say that it is futile to attempt to talk about war crimes if one cannot, as Dede said, point a finger at those supposedly responsible.

On the other hand, Dede, for his part, was very specific in naming names and units and brigades involved in the crimes he alleged. That gave his allegations better credibility, and certainly make them prosecutable, as opposed to the futile discussion about crimes in which there is no accused person pointed at.

In my opinion, Physics QED did a great job of dismantling Dede's contention that civilians ought to recognize military insignia, for which Dede had no response, but persons who think that he thereby held the day are simply not clued on to the precise nature of proper debates. As I have said, Dede's contention that it is useless to refer to crimes without mentioning an accused remains very valid: and may I just point out that I AM NOT thus saying that the crimes did not occur, or are not tragic: I am only saying that it is futile to discuss such. Who would you try for such crimes, if they occurred? Ghosts?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gej Campaigned With PIB In 2011, Today He Is Campaigning On The Confab Report / Atiku Abubakar Officially Declares Intention To Contest For 2019 Presidency / Many Killed As Hoodlums Burn Down DSS, Police Headquarters In Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.