Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay (21528 Views)

APC Is A Failure, Has Lily-Livered, Weak Leadership; IPOB Must Be Curbed - Sagay / If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay / Governor Fayose's Letter To China: Should He Be Charged For Treason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by Johnnyessence(m): 1:27am On Dec 04, 2015
The Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee against Corruption, Professor Itse Sagay (SAN), has faulted the excuse given by the Chairman of Daar communications, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, that the N2.1bn he collected from embattled former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, was for the media campaign of former President Goodluck Jonathan during the last election.

He, therefore, stated that based on the outcome of investigations, Dokpesi could be charged with conspiracy to steal.

Sagay said this during an interview with our correspondent on Thursday.

Dasuki, who has been arrested by the Department of State Services, was accused of diverting over $2bn meant for the procurement of arms. Dokpesi, who was later arrested, confessed to have collected N2.1bn from Dasuki for the purpose of advertising.

However, Sagay said the office of the NSA was responsible for advising the President on security matters and wondered how the office could disburse money to a political party.

When asked if Dokpesi, who is a leader of the Peoples Democratic Party, could be held liable for collecting money from Dasuki even though the money was used for a legitimate transaction, Sagay said Dokpesi could be held for conspiracy to steal and to misappropriate funds depending on the outcome of the investigation.

He said, “I think conspiracy to steal and to misappropriate public funds will depend on the answer to the question: Does the office of the NSA provide funds for advertising or defence purposes?

“Secondly, all the funds from that office belong to the public. Was the beneficiary or recipient of the funds (Dokpesi) aware that the advertisement was not for Nigeria but for a political party?

“If yes, the question then arises: If you accept the funds that belong to Nigeria in order to advertise for a political party, does that not constitute deliberate wrongdoing and deliberate misappropriation of Nigeria’s funds? Those are the questions that are going to be asked.

“So, the very fact that you were given money for advertising and you indeed used it for advertising is no defence. Was that money meant for that purpose and were you aware of the source of that money? Did you think it should have been used for the private purpose of a political party? If not, then you should not have accepted the money.”

Sagay also condemned the ejection of a former Director-General of the DSS, Mr. Kayode Are, from his Ikoyi home in Lagos despite a court order restraining the DSS from ejecting him.

Are, who served as the DG for eight years, continued to live in his official quarters despite leaving office since 2007.

Sagay said the DSS should have respected the court order.

He, however, said courts were of the habit of giving arbitrary injunctions even in cases where the applicant was clearly at fault.

Sagay said, “I think it is proper that we should obey court orders. It is wrong to disregard a court order and carry out what a court has restrained us from doing. The proper thing to do is to go back to the court and file an application that the court should rescind the order that it has made.

“Nevertheless, I need to say that our courts need to be careful of being turned into an avenue for people to become outlaws. If the building belongs to government and you have retired from government, and you are refusing to leave that building, as a private person, it is wrong.

“Another thing our courts are fond of doing is restraining security agencies from arresting or prosecuting people for crimes of corruption and stealing public funds.”http://www.punchng.com/?p=12640

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by HungerBAD: 1:33am On Dec 04, 2015
Makes sense.

Sagay has just asked the right questions. 2 Billion for media campaign? what is the name of Dokpesi's lawyer?the lawyer that advised him to take that lie route, should be de-barred for being intellectually bankrupt.

This lawyer is so bankrupt upstairs, he makes Saraki's and Jim Nwobodo Bankrupt Societe and Savannah Bank, look like Saints.

Russia has 11 time Zones, Russia is so big it is not even funny. The United States has 4 Time Zones, and both Countries as big as they are,do not require the equivalent of 2 Billion Naira, when their political parties campaign. Even if we must steal/loot, let us even do it with respect, herein lies my problem with PDP.

They stole with so much impunity, it was like going into the fridge to get Cold water, the way they kept going in and out of the Nigerian Treasury.

Let us set aside this APC/PDP Politics for now.

Let us all please reason like reasonable Nigerians , this money these guys shared is BLOOD MONEY, straight and simple. This was money that was set aside, to procure ARMS for our Military People. And what did these guys do?they sat in their Air Conditioned Offices, split the Money down the middle, and sent our Soldiers to War with Sticks and Bows.

And while Boko Haram, was busy killing our Soldiers left and right, these heartless Politicians were busy PEPPER SOUPING/BEERING and WHORING with the Blood Money of our Soldiers.

It shall not be well with any Politician, that partook of this Arms Money.

And may the SOUL of all OUR LOST SOLDIERS Torment these GUYS until their last days on EARTH. Those Dead Soldiers, and their families are the Voiceless Ones in Nigeria, and i pray one of those families pick a Civil Rights Lawyer, and SUE not just Dasuki/Dokpesi.

But, sue the entire Government of Goodluck Jonathan.

It is the SENDING of our Soldiers to DEATH, that will forever make me hate PDP and their heartlessness.

342 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by omooba969(m): 1:41am On Dec 04, 2015
Dok-pepsi dey rub shoulders with these do-or-die politrickcians, he go hear am grin with all the smear campaign on AiT during the build up to elections.

Times without number, we have said it that our fathers(politicians) have failed us. These heartless robbers we call politicians continue to dare us & surely one day go be one day...! #2B for adverts & Dok-pepsi collected it hoping that the truth will never catch up with the lies of GEJ administration. May God punish these robber-politicians because surely we, the masses shall overcome them!

It's only a matter of time & everyone will surely be made to fall in line. smiley

Make him just dey pray make him no become the sacrificial lamb.

We are watching! cool

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by fagbalex(m): 1:41am On Dec 04, 2015
It's indeed a conspiracy to the law of the Land. Dokpesi should be send to the jail

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by DICE234(m): 2:21am On Dec 04, 2015
like play, like joke this guy might be the first victim of circumstance Ooo. haha

meanwhile

Do you have a skill or do you run a service and yet not making much money out of it? Chances are that many people don't know you have this skill or offer such services and yet someone in your area might be in desperate need of your services... are you a makeup artist, event manager, Dj, Piano tutor, Model, Rented Usher, Bass guitar tutor, graphics designer, web developer, actor/actress, Lesson teacher, french Lesson tutor, programmer, etc... register your services/skill at (check my signature) and be surprised how many people require your services out there but don't know you offer them. Sabiboy.com... someone, somewhere needs your services.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by Technocrat1759(m): 4:00am On Dec 04, 2015
This case deserves firing squad or jailing 4 life. 2.1 billion 4 just advert? Habaaa there is Godoooooooo 4 all dis blood u people have sheared.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by teeboila(m): 5:35am On Dec 04, 2015
If Dokpesi can escape this and be discharge of the offences before him with incriminating evidence this obvious i can assure anybody that no one is going to be convicted of corruption in the next 4 years.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by cktheluckyman: 5:42am On Dec 04, 2015
Technocrat1759:
This case deserves firing squad or jailing 4 life. 2.1 billion 4 just advert? Habaaa there is Godoooooooo 4 all dis blood u people have sheared.

Some adverts can be very expensibe dear!! TV advrts don't come cheap.Some one hour political program can even go for ten million.It depends on the duration and span of the ad.It could be over the course of months.We would details as the trial unfolds.

2 Likes

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by datguru: 5:56am On Dec 04, 2015
Gmail.com
Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by Burger01(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2015
They should charge him and jail him 25years. Very greedy and way too partisanangry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 04, 2015
I don't want to be in this Dokpesi's shoes.

He has gotten his hand burnt right inside the pot of soup.

The guy too get political ties, very shady ones.

Who remembered when he was arrested during IBB's last presidential campaign period?

15 Likes

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 04, 2015
Not just conspiracy alone, they should add Accessory to stealing.

5 Likes

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by NOBODYY: 5:59am On Dec 04, 2015
MR Dokpesi Jail loading 75%...

When i see some PDP fanatics barking chants like "GEJ my hero"
"Fayose my hero"
I sometimes wonder if they have a brain of thier own undecided

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by GogetterMD(m): 6:05am On Dec 04, 2015
Duck-per-see! See ya laif outside? When you were collecting the money and it was sweeting You, running hate campaigns and smearing people's character, as a respectable media organisation? Your soup don done, You must lick am finish

Prof Sagay is right on point in her analysis of the judiciary

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by nairamaniac: 6:07am On Dec 04, 2015
HungerBAD:
Makes sense.

Sagay has just asked the right questions. 2 Billion for media campaign? what is the name of Dokpesi's lawyer?the lawyer that advised him to take that lie route, should be de-barred for being intellectually bankrupt.

This lawyer is so bankrupt upstairs, he makes Saraki's and Jim Nwobodo Bankrupt Societe and Savannah Bank, look like Saints.

Russia has 11 time Zones, Russia is so big it is not even funny. The United States has 4 Time Zones, and both Countries as big as they are,do not require the equivalent of 2 Billion Naira, when their political parties campaign. Even if we must steal/loot, let us even do it with respect, herein lies my problem with PDP.

They stole with so much impunity, it was like going into the fridge to get Cold water, the way they kept going in and out of the Nigerian Treasury.

Let us set aside this APC/PDP Politics for now.

Let us all please reason like reasonable Nigerians , this money these guys shared is BLOOD MONEY, straight and simple. This was money that was set aside, to procure ARMS for our Military People. And what did these guys do?they sat in their Air Conditioned Offices, split the Money down the middle, and sent our Soldiers to War with Sticks and Bows.

And while Boko Haram, was busy killing our Soldiers left and right, these heartless Politicians were busy PEPPER SOUPING/BEERING and WHORING with the Blood Money of our Soldiers.

It shall not be well with any Politician, that partook of this Arms Money.

And may the SOUL of all OUR LOST SOLDIERS Torment these GUYS until their last days on EARTH. Those Dead Soldiers, and their families are the Voiceless Ones in Nigeria, and i pray one of those families pick a Civil Rights Lawyer, and SUE not just Dasuki/Dokpesi.

But, sue the entire Government of Goodluck Jonathan.

It is the SENDING of our Soldiers to DEATH, that will forever make me hate PDP and their heartlessness.

your words brought tears out of my eyes as early as 6a.m.
The spirit of those dead soldiers shall hunt everyone complicit of this crime.
This is the height of heartlessness.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by DrHighchief(m): 6:07am On Dec 04, 2015
cktheluckyman:

Some adverts can be very expensibe dear!! TV advrts don't come cheap.Some one hour political program can even go for ten million.It depends on the duration and span of the ad.It could be over the course of months.We would details as the trial unfolds.
Must they use public money to fund campaign even if it is expensive?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by disloman(m): 6:08am On Dec 04, 2015
These revelations are too weighty to be swept under the carpet.These are the factors which could make one to do the unspeakable.PMB!PMB!!PMB!!! How many times did I called you.These goats gat to be jailed or I won't forgive you.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by CyberWolf: 6:08am On Dec 04, 2015
none of my business undecided
Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 04, 2015
We will need additional prison facilities to accommodate individuals involve in this arm scandal.
all those online gladiator that collected data,laptop money should prepare.

RAPTURE IS HERE

11 Likes

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by abimic(m): 6:09am On Dec 04, 2015
cktheluckyman:

Very true but do you know dokpesi is a card carrying member of PDP? So conspiracy it is! he just helped to siphon the money not that the money was totally used for campaigning. Ain't there other stations in Nigeria like channels, and y didn't they give such money to our own Nigeria station, NTA instead of a person's pocket. Dokpesi is guilty of it, no doubt that he shot himself In the foot, it was best for him if he had thought before saying those.

14 Likes

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by princemillla(m): 6:09am On Dec 04, 2015
cktheluckyman:

My Bro, it's not about adverts now. But where the money was coming from. NSA office don't av the right to pay for political party adverts.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by ademega(m): 6:10am On Dec 04, 2015
good
Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by JingoOAU(m): 6:11am On Dec 04, 2015
If u are a staff of AIT, this is the time to start looking for another job or any other alternative cos by the time EFCC finish with Dokpesi, he would regret the day he founded AIT

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by dadaayodejio(m): 6:11am On Dec 04, 2015
As they say shit just got real
From a strictly legal point of view, his lawyers are probably playing towards the less serious charges of financial misappropriation(for which he might get away with a fine) rather than risk capital punishment for treasonous crimes. (In my opinion)

But all that said and done; brilliant analysis from Prof Sagay. Very unambiguous and concise leaving no room for misinterpretation.

2 Likes

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by Trapnews: 6:13am On Dec 04, 2015
undecided
Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by codereloader: 6:14am On Dec 04, 2015
Nawao
Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by bayumyguy: 6:14am On Dec 04, 2015
Dopemu see ur life
Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by Bamz(m): 6:15am On Dec 04, 2015
But AIT are saying he wasn't arrested but merely invited for interrogation...

I've never really liked AIT anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay by blazetitov: 6:16am On Dec 04, 2015
Did Prof.said Dokpesi shouldn't have collected that money??

If I hear!!! Dokpesi/AIT was in big financial crises prior to the election period. The company has been mismanaged and they were finding it hard to pay their bills. Apart from the issue of money laundering, that money was more or less AIT's bail out fund.

Dokepsi has a case to answer and they should pray Tinubu does not win the case instituted against them for airing the evil documentary.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Cancels APC Ward Congress Result In Imo / Anambra Police Parade 70 Suspects (Photos) / "I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.