Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? (844 Views)

Non-catholic Christians: Where Do You Get Your Beliefs About Catholics? * / Why Is That Some Catholic Parents Dont Alow Thier Girls To Marry Non Catholic / Marrying A Non-catholic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by asco15(m): 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
I really want to know.
DO UR RELIGION REALLY MATTER?
DO UR CHURCH REALLY MATTER?
DO UR MODE OF WORSHIP REALLY MATTER?

For me, the truth is that God will not judge us by all those things. God will judge us by our words, deeds, thoughts and omission. We all know what is right. For jesus gave us two commandments. 1. Love of God. 2. Love ur neighbour as urself.
Cos d muslim will claim they ar ryt, d christians will claim they r ryt, d illuminat will claim they r even wise, then who is ryt?
So stop the argument wether Catholic or no catholic, mthw 5:8 says that 'blessed r d pure in heart for they shall see God'.
Live a holy life with a pure heart and u shall see God.
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by Rich4god(m): 12:00am On Nov 13, 2012
It doesnt matter... Its your individual life that counts the most.
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by italo: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2012
God is not mocked.

If you know the truth and deviate from it for selfish reasons, you will pay for it, either in this life or in the next or both.

See what Jesus told those who were chasing after him because he multiplied bread and fish the previous day. He said 'if you do not eat my flesh and drink my blood, you have no life in you'...and many left him because they only wanted bread and fish.

Today also, if you know that the Catholic Church is the one true Church, and you go and open your own Church as a pastor...or you go away, leaving the bread of life in the Eucharist to seek for so-called miracles, you will pay for it. Either in this life or in the next or both.
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by daviddext: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
italo: God is not mocked.

If you know the truth and deviate from it for selfish reasons, you will pay for it, either in this life or in the next or both.

See what Jesus told those who were chasing after him because he multiplied bread and fish the previous day. He said 'if you do not eat my flesh and drink my blood, you have no life in you'...and many left him because they only wanted bread and fish.

Today also, if you know that the Catholic Church is the one true Church, and you go and open your own Church as a pastor...or you go away, leaving the bread of life in the Eucharist to seek for so-called miracles, you will pay for it. Either in this life or in the next or both.

ur statement is 100% wrong. Being a protestant doesn't mean the protestant does not take communion. Except u see d catholic church as the true church and others fake. Then i will consider all catholics proud if they think that way.
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by italo: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
daviddext: ur statement is 100% wrong. Being a protestant doesn't mean the protestant does not take communion.

They call it communion but it is not communion in the way we mean it. They say it is bread and wine, we say it is the body and blood of Jesus. Are they the same thing?

daviddext: Except u see d catholic church as the true church and others fake.

There is only one Church founded by Jesus Christ, whatever you call those communities is up to you, but I do not call them churches.

daviddext: Then i will consider all catholics proud if they think that way.

We must proclaim the truth whether you consider us proud or not. Do you consider all Christians proud because we proclaim truthfully what we know: that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life? Or do you reserve the blame for us alone?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning anybody. We are not even taught to do so. Anybody that wants to believe any rubbish can believe it, but we must proclaim the truth we know.

It is what Jesus commanded.
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by daviddext: 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

They call it communion but it is not communion in the way we mean it. They say it is bread and wine, we say it is the body and blood of Jesus. Are they the same thing?

There is only one Church founded by Jesus Christ, whatever you call those communities is up to you, but I do not call them churches.

We must proclaim the truth whether you consider us proud or not. Do you consider all Christians proud because we proclaim truthfully what we know: that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life? Or do you reserve the blame for us alone?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning anybody. We are not even taught to do so. Anybody that wants to believe any rubbish can believe it, but we must proclaim the truth we know.

It is what Jesus commanded.
of course, " I am defending my church and that makes me a better Catholic" you would say. But i tell you. God will not only judge those things you did but He will judge those things you do not do. Do you flee from Idolatry. Or you fail to understand God's commandment "do not bow to them(Images)". Don't bow stands on it own while don't worship follows it. It is good to make images but to bow to it is against the Lord. Now you say that Roman Catholic is the church Jesus talked about. You get it wrong. The Roman Catholic failed when failed failed to turn to the true Gospel and you allowed the devil to appear and deceive you by what you mistaken as virgin Mary( known as fatima). Is it not written "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light" 2corinthians11:14. If Satan can go as far as counterfeiting the gift of the Holy Spirit how much easily will it be for him to send the list of his demons to appear as a great saint like Virgin Mary. Tremble O soul, and open thine eyes to see how deep thou hath fallen! Hell shall be the abode of those that accept the deceit of the devil. O you pray to saints whom God has not authorised you to pray to. Is it not written in Hebrew 9:15 "And for this cause he(Jesus) is the mediator of the new testament,..." there is no order testator or mediator between God and man except Jesus. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" Acts4:14. "Oh, I never knew that all this are in the bible" you would say and i will reply "it is because you depend so much on your missals and bulleting that can not offer more than you can get from it. It contains year A,B,C which you have replaced for your bible" why starve your soul of the true word of God which thy priest will give you not unless you diligently seek it.
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by italo: 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
daviddext: Except u see d catholic church as the true church and others fake. Then i will consider all catholics proud if they think that way.

Then you went ahead in the very next post and declared the Catholic Church as fake...but I'm sure you dont see yourself as proud.

THE HYPOCRISY OF ANTI-CATHOLICISM!
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by daviddext: 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

Then you went ahead in the very next post and declared the Catholic Church as fake...but I'm sure you dont see yourself as proud.

THE HYPOCRISY OF ANTI-CATHOLICISM!
Pride is an article. Please note this. I am speaking out of experience just apostle Paul spoke in front of Agrippa. I was once a catholic and I will share what the Spirit of God showed me in God's worr about the same fatima whom you call "Queen of Heaven" in the litany of the blessed virgin mary. Open your scriptures to Jeremiah 7:16-19. And 44:25-25 I quote the second chapter from the Good News Version " Both you and your wives have made solemn promises to Queen of Heaven. You promised that you would offer sacrifices to her and pour out wine offerings to her, and you have kept your promises. Very well then! Keep you promise! Carry wout your vows" read on from the text if you wish. But we have heard from God himself. Those two places are the only places the name "Queen of Heaven" was mentioned in the bible. Now you say I am proud for trying to save your souls just as God saved mine. I got this passage from no one or pastor but God Himself lead my eyes to that hidden truth some months after He drew me from the Catholic church. No one ever preached to me or show me any truth but it was God's will that I be saved. Now I am calling you too into the Light. Please do not reject this offer, or hate the protestant for we hate you not but we hate what you do against the Lords command. In case you want me to tell you some secretes that has been revealed to me about the catholic doctrine you can add me on face book (Nwaokolo David) and specify by message the reason you added me. I have no power of my own for Christ is my strenght. I will be willing to correct you with the scriptures, I am also learning at the feet of Jesus. God bless you.
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by italo: 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
daviddext: Pride is an article. Please note this. I am speaking out of experience just apostle Paul spoke in front of Agrippa. I was once a catholic and I will share what the Spirit of God showed me in God's worr about the same fatima whom you call "Queen of Heaven" in the litany of the blessed virgin mary. Open your scriptures to Jeremiah 7:16-19. And 44:25-25 I quote the second chapter from the Good News Version " Both you and your wives have made solemn promises to Queen of Heaven. You promised that you would offer sacrifices to her and pour out wine offerings to her, and you have kept your promises. Very well then! Keep you promise! Carry wout your vows" read on from the text if you wish. But we have heard from God himself. Those two places are the only places the name "Queen of Heaven" was mentioned in the bible. Now you say I am proud for trying to save your souls just as God saved mine. I got this passage from no one or pastor but God Himself lead my eyes to that hidden truth some months after He drew me from the Catholic church. No one ever preached to me or show me any truth but it was God's will that I be saved. Now I am calling you too into the Light. Please do not reject this offer, or hate the protestant for we hate you not but we hate what you do against the Lords command. In case you want me to tell you some secretes that has been revealed to me about the catholic doctrine you can add me on face book (Nwaokolo David) and specify by message the reason you added me. I have no power of my own for Christ is my strenght. I will be willing to correct you with the scriptures, I am also learning at the feet of Jesus. God bless you.

I might follow you, good teacher, but please can you tell me the secrets God told you about Catholic doctrine here?

That way, if you tell stupid lies, many people will know you are a stupid liar, but if you say wise truths, many will know you truly heard from the most wise and true God...and they might be saved.

Isnt this fair enough?
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by daviddext: 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2015
italo:

I might follow you, good teacher, but please can you tell me the secrets God told you about Catholic doctrine here?

That way, if you tell stupid lies, many people will know you are a stupid liar, but if you say wise truths, many will know you truly heard from the most wise and true God...and they might be saved.

Isnt this fair enough?

GOD'S JUDGEMENT AGAINST ROMAN CATHOLISM PURELY ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE IS:

I D O L A T O R Y ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by italo: 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2015
daviddext:

GOD'S JUDGEMENT AGAINST ROMAN CATHOLISM PURELY ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE IS:

I D O L A T O R Y ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Lol.

So any rubbish that emanates from your brain is "God's judgement?"
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by daviddext: 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
Even though a dead man comes from the dead to tell many people now that Hell fire exist they will call him mad. They will say "he is talking rubish"
Unbelieving generation. Only God can deliver you. But woe unto those who falls into the hand of the LORD God because nobody can deliver them?
Please I beg you, Flee from the wrath to come!!!

Don't say this is rubbish because the angels of God are beside you now taking record of your thoughts and words. You shall give account of them when you stand before Jesus to be judged. Amen
Re: CATHOLIC OR NON-CATHOLIC? Does It Matter? by italo: 11:55am On Dec 15, 2015
daviddext:
Even though a dead man comes from the dead to tell many people now that Hell fire exist they will call him mad. They will say "he is talking rubish"
Unbelieving generation. Only God can deliver you. But woe unto those who falls into the hand of the LORD God because nobody can deliver them?
Please I beg you, Flee from the wrath to come!!!

Don't say this is rubbish because the angels of God are beside you now taking record of your thoughts and words. You shall give account of them when you stand before Jesus to be judged. Amen

You're talking rubbish!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If U Are To Be Given 10million Dollar To Turn Muslim / The Reason Behind The Isreal Palestine Crises. / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Friday 8 February 2013 Sin Starts From Within By Pas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.