Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa (2759 Views)

Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? / GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students / Bauchi To Sack Over 5,000 Unqualified Teachers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by emmatony: 5:30am On Nov 13, 2012
By Emeka Mamah

KADUNA — Governor Patrick Yakowa of Kaduna State, yesterday, said about 50 percent of primary school teachers in the state were unqualified, adding that 2,000 of the teachers secured employment with forged certificates.

Yakowa spoke during the graduation and awards ceremony of the second joint National Teachers’ Institute, NTI, in Kaduna, yesterday.

He said: “The theme of the two-day summit, Enhancing Teacher Education: Quality and Professional Development, by NTI is not only timely but instructive, since it falls alongside the same aggressive effort we are currently making in Kaduna State in improving the quality of our teachers.

“Because we are convinced that the teacher is the key factor in any learning situation, we, therefore, associate ourselves with any effort to develop teacher’s quality.

He added that this was what guided the state government to evaluate primary school teachers and discovered that “nearly 50 percent” of them “lack the required qualifications to teach” even as “about 2,000 teachers had been employed with fake certificates.”

The governor further said the government also developed a blue-print aimed at addressing teacher- quality through capacity building, infrastructural development, increasing access and provision of facilities, new quality assurance system and the development of tertiary institutions owned by the state government.

According to him, the development of the roadmap had “paved the way for us to revamp the sector and improve the system beyond what was on ground.”

He said: “Funds have been injected into the sector for various projects, which include expansion and rehabilitation of government schools and libraries in the three senatorial zones, building of classrooms, supply of science equipment and furniture for use by public schools.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/50-of-kaduna-teachers-unqualified-yakowa/

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by 234GT(m): 7:05am On Nov 13, 2012
So you are planning to sack them? How do politicians arrive at their percentage figures self? 50%, 95%, 80%, as if they are talking to illiterates.
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by ektbear: 7:40am On Nov 13, 2012
234GT: So you are planning to sack them? How do politicians arrive at their percentage figures self? 50%, 95%, 80%, as if they are talking to illiterates.

I wonder ooo
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by Rooneyboy(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2012
didn't the poster say kaduna ?
Not surprise @ all.
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by tujays(m): 9:31am On Nov 13, 2012
Rooneyboy: didn't the poster say kaduna ?
Not surprise @ all.
not surprised at what you slowpoke, Are you from America? The whole system is the same anywhere in Nigeria including your state "Mr I'm not surprised @all"
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by Hardfact: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2012
50%? Think he's being economical with the truth, yet many other northern states are even worse.
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by Sodiq33(m): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2012
KADUNA-CENTER OF LEARNING...
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2012
Little wonder why the Northerners behave like Rams,when they are been taught by Bamboons.this is a case of gabbage in,gabbage out.
Hausas will always remain Rams indeed.

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by zikclassiq(m): 10:01am On Nov 13, 2012
To arrive at such statistics will require analysis. What the governor wants to do about it is up to him.
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by AkinDavid2: 10:30am On Nov 13, 2012
Some maths plz, half of Kaunda's school teachers are teaching rubbish..and what of other states?
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by Standing5(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2012
Yet they kill corpers sent to their region to support them.

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by Arsenate(m): 11:27am On Nov 13, 2012
Yomieluv: Little wonder why the Northerners behave like Rams,when they are been taught by Bamboons.this is a case of gabbage in,gabbage out.
Hausas will always remain Rams indeed.
a frigging educated illiterate. Typical of most southerners. Kaduna is not even a hausa dominated state..and I bet is much better than all the dirty, ugly looking SW states filled with your likes (ie educated illiterates and certificate forgers) except lagos (a shit hole too, imo). Your SW states are the shit holes of the nation..
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by dominique(f): 11:46am On Nov 13, 2012
Not only kaduna, its all over the north. My friends that served in schools in northern states complain about the teachers there. Most of them cannot even speak english, they communicate in hausa/fulani/kanuri with the students. When I visited my sister in the school she was posted in kano, even the assembly was conducted in hausa! A whole government college for that matter. Not that I agree with those stats, but I believe that most of their teachers are nothing but a bunch of illitereates or semi/literates. Something has to be done about this asap.
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
Arsenate: a frigging educated illiterate. Typical of most southerners. Kaduna is not even a hausa dominated state..and I bet is much better than all the dirty, ugly looking SW states filled with your likes (ie educated illiterates and certificate forgers) except lagos (a shit hole too, imo). Your SW states are the shit holes of the nation..
truth is bitter.
Thank God statistic shows why Hausas behave like animals,if the Govt ois interested in ending boko haram,they govt should first train these animals the act of having conscience.
Animals don't have conscience,or do they?
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by Braincage: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
emmatony:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/50-of-kaduna-teachers-unqualified-yakowa/

Yakowa should dry up! I am a corper currently serving in kaduna and d situation is appallin. I am d only chemistry teacher presenlty in d sec skool, there has been none 4 almost a year before my posting 2 d skool. Kaduna state govt is chronically selfish. De just do nt want 2 employ. D skools are den forced 2 look 4 cheap labour in d form of unqualified persons.
BLAME IT ON KADUNA STATE GOVERNMENT.
SS3 wrote WAEC last session witout a chem teacher in my ppa
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by Shamkhad: 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
All those southerners dat are calling notherners ram they are among the illitrt in the south
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by Shamkhad: 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
Can u imaging some 1 claimng tobe a chemistry teacher wt out knwng any thng in chmstry u better stop hypocriting ur self becouse u have nthng to show up here laryer!
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by julioralph(m): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
Standing5: Yet they kill corpers sent to their region to support them.
good point.
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by true2(m): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
I have walked from one thread after another on this forum. Do any of you believe teachers are better in other countries than those in Africa?

Have you never wondered; “Why for hundreds of years peoples from other lands have taken away the wealth of Africa?”
All of you are waiting for others to come, and make Africa a Golden Country. Your leaders are no better than the people they say they serve.

I Know what you do not have, and why you can not get it. You do not need to learn all the things in school you believe you must learn to become educated…you need only learn one thing in school. If you do not learn this one thing, you will stay as you are.

Is there one person in Africa who can tell me what that one thing is?
Come…spit it out…what is the one thing you need to learn that will make Africa a Golden Nation?
Re: 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa by billynoni(m): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2012
[b][/b] d remain 50% dat are 'NOT QUALIFIED' are ONLY 'QUALIFIED' in dix area of physics(i.e Atomic theory)............which helps with d creation of 'atomic bomb'.:-D:-D:-D

(1) (Reply)

Re-high Tuition Fees On Missionary Universities, / See How To Be Best Friends With Females In Campuses / See The Crippled That Made 1st Class. His Lecturer insulted Him; what happens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.