Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,080 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy (7547 Views)

Time To Abolish ''Eze Ndigbo'' Garbage? A Short Contribution / Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service / Tinubu Asks For New Ideas To Solve The Indigene/Settler Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by smileyprin(m): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ile-Ife:

You sha want this Lagos by force. lol

BTW. Arewa(hausa) has nothing to lose. They already have a strong grip on their own land. the number of non-indigenes living in Arewa territory is low compared to Arewas living in other states.
I really dont think so.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2012
lagcity:
Nobody took any land in Kara. Where do you guys get your information from?

Is it a crime to open a book or use the Internet and read?.Why are Nigerians so uneducated about the history of their own country?
Everything is not blackberry PIN and Yahoo YIM.
Educate yourself,it will do you a world of good.if it were a bowl of eba,you will finish it and ask for more
Oya read the following.If you need the definition of "conquered" try www.dictionary.com

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/325850/Kwara
Kwara state consists mostly of wooded savanna but there are forested regions in the south. Almost all of its savanna area was conquered by the Fulani in the early 19th century, and the region remained part of the greater Fulani empire until the forces of Sir George Goldie’s Royal Niger Company defeated the emirs of Nupe and Ilorin in 1897. It was incorporated into the Protectorate of Northern Nigeria in 1900, in the amalgamated Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria in 1914, and in the Northern region in 1954; Kwara state was created in 1967, when the federal military government divided Nigeria into 12 new states. In 1976, when 19 states were formed, it lost to Benue state the three Igala divisions east of the Niger River. In 1991 it lost some of its territory in the northwest to Niger state and some of its territory in the southeast to the newly created Kogi state.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by kabba7(m): 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ournaija: I doubt if they meant what they stated above. In their mind of mind they dont mean what they stated. We know them, it`s all politics. Can an Igbo/other minorities in SS be left to live a normal life in the core North without been harassed. Abeg leave story na today?
. is it posible for a non Igbo to live IB the South East without been pushed away ? Let truth be told the people of Igbo land are the most hostile area in Nigeria right from day til today they are yet to change , they always want to occupy other peoples place but theirs is no go area !!!
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by Arsenate(m): 11:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
kabba7: . is it posible for a non Igbo to live IB the South East without been pushed away ? Let truth be told the people of Igbo land are the most hostile area in Nigeria right from day til today they are yet to change , they always want to occupy other peoples place but theirs is no go area !!!
don't mind the hypocrites....sometimes on NL, one need to just chill for one corner and be entertained with hypocrisy and ignorance.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
kabba7: . is it posible for a non Igbo to live IB the South East without been pushed away ? Let truth be told the people of Igbo land are the most hostile area in Nigeria right from day til today they are yet to change , they always want to occupy other peoples place but theirs is no go area !!!

^^^Please can you explain further (citing instances) how Igboland is the most hostile in Nigeria, and how Igbos want to 'occupy' other peoples place and consciously make theirs a 'no go area'.

Cheers. smiley
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by edoyad(m): 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
How can anyone in his right mind criticize Nigerian graduates for not being perceptive?
From the comments I have seen so far I know people cannot be taken for a ride by cheap political strategies anymore.
To those concerned, please keep your cheap worthless land to yourself. Or let me say it like this :
1. You must reap what you planted.
2. As you make your bed.....
3. Fly wey follow dead body enter grave..
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2012

Erm,not true

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/yoruba-in-abia-appoint-monarch/

[size=18pt]Alhaji Adebayo Azeez, President of the Yoruba Forum, an umbrella body of Yoruba associations, said the forum is to appoint an Oba in Abia to cater for the interest of the Yoruba community in the state.He applauded the cordial relationship existing between the Yorubas and other ethinc groups in the state.

.[/size]

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/04/02/yoruba-community-in-imo-state-drum-support-for-governor-okorocha/
[size=18pt]The members of Yoruba Community in Imo State are drumming support for Imo State Governor over his trail blazing performance in giving dividends of Democracy to the entire people of Imo State and other residents for which Yoruba Community is among.[/size]

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/AnambraForum/message/6629

[size=18pt]
Yoruba community in Anambra State, under the umbrella of Egbe Omo Oduduwa has condemned the alleged kidnap of 21 Igbo traders in Owo, Ondo State, warning that it is a threat on the unity and peaceful coexistence of Nigeria as a nation.
"If an Igboman do not feel safe to do business in Yoruba land they will not go there and those of us in Igbo land will not be comfortable and these are the type of incident we experienced some time ago, when the Hausa people had problems with the Igbos and many lives were lost.
"We do not want this type of thing and this is how it starts. So we have to tell our people to stop all these nonsense they are doing. It will not discourage economic development and sound interpersonal relationship in the country."
He urged the Ondo State government to take action quickly to protect the interest of the Igbo in the area as Yoruba and other ethnic groups are being protected in the South East zone; adding that the people at the zone and their respective governments have been friendly and displayed the spirit of brotherhood among visitors and settlers in Igbo land.
[/size]

Now see it on video

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=YgXVWJxqD2c&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYgXVWJxqD2c
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by kutchs: 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
I suppose you have never heard of Ugwuoba in Enugu State along the enugu-onitsha rd, Lokpanta along enugu-ph rd and the various ‘ama awusa‘ hausa quarters in various cities accross Igbo land where non Igbos especially northerners live and do business peacefully without any molestation. How many times have you heard of tribe induced fights and crises against non Igbos in Igbo land?

Your only problem is that you know u cant survive in Alaigbo since u‘re so lazy and slow. The hardworking ones are there doing good business with Ndigbo and u stay in Kogi or even Lagos to rant like an ant.

3 Likes

Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 13, 2012
it is a historical fact that there has never been any attack against settlers in any part of igboland except reprisal attacks on northerners caused by attacks on igbos in the north
igboland and yoruba land are the most accommodating among majority tribes in nigeria
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by edoyad(m): 12:05am On Nov 14, 2012
re@lchange:
it is a historical fact that there has never been any attack against settlers in any part of igboland except reprisal attacks on northerners caused by attacks on igbos in the north
igboland and yoruba land are the most accommodating among majority tribes in nigeria
]
While the Middlebelters are the most accommodating people in this Country. cool
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by edoyad(m): 12:07am On Nov 14, 2012
^^^Okay maybe except for Okene people

1 Like

Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by NegroNtns(m): 12:25am On Nov 14, 2012
What Arewa does in their zone is their business....when you cross the niger from Mokwa to Jebba you arr in Yoruba nation.

What we do in Yorubaland relating to indigene-settler is Yoruba business.

1 Like

Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by NegroNtns(m): 12:27am On Nov 14, 2012
In Yoruba nation if yourr roots ascendancy does not lead up to Ife, you are outside the indigene/settler bracket. You are a migrant/refugee

2 Likes

Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by kolexy(m): 2:41am On Nov 14, 2012
Desola:

grin grin grin grin E gba mi o, aboki is speaking English o... grin grin grin grin

lol
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by NegroNtns(m): 5:19am On Nov 14, 2012
Baby mama:

Erm,not true

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/yoruba-in-abia-appoint-monarch/

[size=18pt]Alhaji Adebayo Azeez, President of the Yoruba Forum, an umbrella body of Yoruba associations, said the forum is to appoint an Oba in Abia to cater for the interest of the Yoruba community in the state.He applauded the cordial relationship existing between the Yorubas and other ethinc groups in the state.

.[/size]

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/04/02/yoruba-community-in-imo-state-drum-support-for-governor-okorocha/
[size=18pt]The members of Yoruba Community in Imo State are drumming support for Imo State Governor over his trail blazing performance in giving dividends of Democracy to the entire people of Imo State and other residents for which Yoruba Community is among.[/size]

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/AnambraForum/message/6629

[size=18pt]
Yoruba community in Anambra State, under the umbrella of Egbe Omo Oduduwa has condemned the alleged kidnap of 21 Igbo traders in Owo, Ondo State, warning that it is a threat on the unity and peaceful coexistence of Nigeria as a nation.
"If an Igboman do not feel safe to do business in Yoruba land they will not go there and those of us in Igbo land will not be comfortable and these are the type of incident we experienced some time ago, when the Hausa people had problems with the Igbos and many lives were lost.
"We do not want this type of thing and this is how it starts. So we have to tell our people to stop all these nonsense they are doing. It will not discourage economic development and sound interpersonal relationship in the country."
He urged the Ondo State government to take action quickly to protect the interest of the Igbo in the area as Yoruba and other ethnic groups are being protected in the South East zone; adding that the people at the zone and their respective governments have been friendly and displayed the spirit of brotherhood among visitors and settlers in Igbo land.
[/size]

Now see it on video

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=YgXVWJxqD2c&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYgXVWJxqD2c

These are actually igbo voices masquerading as Yoruba voices in alaigbo in effort to give seemingly an ethnic footprint that is in reality not present.

I know of ifeanyi and obinna in Kano who for sake of dodging Hausa blood thirst became yoruba overnight and started answering to salami and adebola.

Na today wey igbo dey play multiple identities?

2 Likes

Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by ebere1712: 6:49am On Nov 14, 2012
lagcity:
Nobody took any land in Kara. Where do you guys get your information from?
So the fulani emir in illorin is yourba too. Men I am tired of all this denials. Liberate yourselves. Stop burying your head in the sand. Slavery has been abolished.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by ebere1712: 6:59am On Nov 14, 2012
nagoma:

You can stay in your tiny enclave . No one wants you. The whole five states called Igboland put together is smaller than half of many single northern states.
Then why are you still significantly poorer than any other ethnic group in Nigeria. Churning out 10,000,000 hungry almajiri mohammeds to come and beg us for food. Whinning about your poverty (as if we are the cause of your stupidity). My friend, you reap what you sow. You sowed intolerance and Islamic fanaticism, now deal with boko haram and your disgraceful poverty. You blame Igbos for your problems; yet when we decided to leave, you invited both your masters to come and attack the sons of chukwu. Now go to the arabs and the westerners that helped you fight the wicked war and blame them. Why do you hate us, but still want to be in the same country with us. We are not beggers and have never been beggers, so leave our tiny island for us (it may be small, but it is filled with milk and honey). You northerners have let stupidty, wickedness, and sheer ignorance to turn your once beautiful nation into a den of imbeciles cry
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by ebere1712: 7:08am On Nov 14, 2012
Name one a single occasion where Igbos pushed anybody away from Igboland. We are not that insecure. You people like making up fairy tales to justify your stupidity. What a man sows he reaps undecided Keep deceiving yourselves.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by opoke(m): 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
so that BH boys will have more to kill.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by nagoma(m): 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
ebere1712:
Then why are you still significantly poorer than any other ethnic group in Nigeria. Churning out 10,000,000 hungry almajiri mohammeds to come and beg us for food. Whinning about your poverty (as if we are the cause of your stupidity). My friend, you reap what you sow. You sowed intolerance and Islamic fanaticism, now deal with boko haram and your disgraceful poverty. You blame Igbos for your problems; yet when we decided to leave, you invited both your masters to come and attack the sons of chukwu. Now go to the arabs and the westerners that helped you fight the wicked war and blame them. Why do you hate us, but still want to be in the same country with us. We are not beggers and have never been beggers, so leave our tiny island for us (it may be small, but it is filled with milk and honey). You northerners have let stupidty, wickedness, and sheer ignorance to turn your once beautiful nation into a den of imbeciles cry

You are not beggars but you are robbers , drug couriers, yahoo yahoo boys and your girls are Ashewo . And if your small enclave is land of milk and honey as you claim why are millions of Igbo ' in the north & Lagos ? Are they allergic to milk and honey?
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

These are actually igbo voices masquerading as Yoruba voices in alaigbo in effort to give seemingly an ethnic footprint that is in reality not present.

I know of ifeanyi and obinna in Kano who for sake of dodging Hausa blood thirst became yoruba overnight and started answering to salami and adebola.

Na today wey igbo dey play multiple identities?

I have proven my case about Yorubas in Igboland living unmolested complete with their Oba and you are embarrassed .
No need to be,this is an opportunity to educate yourself.It is only a of that argues against a Clear evidence.
There is even a video From YouTube made available to educate you,will you take advantage of it?
I didn't even talk about the ones selling goats in Onitsha
One thing you should understand is that the Igbo man is not bothered or threatened by Yorubas in their midst and certainly have no time to parade as a Yoruba man in Igboland,that will be stupid.To what purpose?
Prove your case about Igboland being uninhabitable for other tribes like I have proven mine not by fairy tales.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by tomakint: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2012
re@lchange:

@ the bolded you are perfectly right! I will personally add that the entire Southern Nigeria is still more accommodating than the entire core NORTH.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by Agrika: 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
Mtchhhhew.... Na today, let them start with the indigenous hausa christains living in various north-western states i.e the so called "maguzawas", from there we will know if they are serious.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by lagcity(m): 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
Baby mama:

Is it a crime to open a book or use the Internet and read?.Why are Nigerians so uneducated about the history of their own country?
Everything is not blackberry PIN and Yahoo YIM.
Educate yourself,it will do you a world of good.if it were a bowl of eba,you will finish it and ask for more
Oya read the following.If you need the definition of "conquered" try www.dictionary.com

You and britannica are both r@tarded. Does "conquer" mean the same thing as "grabbed land"? Did America grab the land in Afghanistan and Iraq? Ilorin (not Kwara State) was conquered but no land was taken. That's is why only Ilorin has an Emir. No other city in Kwara has an Emir. Even in Ilorin, nobody grabbed any land. The minority Fulani simply intermarried with the local Yoruba Muslim population. The Yoruba still own their land and no land quarrel happens like it does in Plateau. You can go shove that Britannica in your @rse, then go to Ilorin to search for imaginary Fulani who have grabbed land in Ilorin.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by T9ksy(m): 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
Negro_Ntns: In Yoruba nation if yourr roots ascendancy does not lead up to Ife, you are outside the indigene/settler bracket. You are a migrant/refugee]

[i]Gbabe!!!

IMO, I think the call by Arewa to abolish indigene-settler policy was not for the attention of yorubas but the ibos. Why would i, a proud "Shoin of the shoil"

want to be become an indigene of sokoto? I doubt if any yoruba man or woman wants to become an indigene of zamffara state.

I think the mullahs are running short of raw materials for their shish kebab, no thanks to Boko haram. watch as the ibos rush back to the north only to be

slaughtered again. This is like a repeat of the 1966 pogrom whereby Ojukwu sent his people back to the north on the assurance of gauranteed safety from Gowon,

even though Ojukwu knew that Gowon had no say or control over those behind the killings, i.e MM, IBB, buhari, abacha danjuma ati bebelo.

Needless to say, on their return to the north, the ibos were slaughtered AGAIN like eran ileya-ramadan goat. [/i
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
nagoma:

You are not beggars but you are robbers , drug couriers, yahoo yahoo boys and your girls are Ashewo . And if your small enclave is land of milk and honey as you claim why are millions of Igbo ' in the north & Lagos ? Are they allergic to milk and honey?

all of these can be found in first world countries
is there any other country whether first, second or third where you find 10,000,000 (10 million! shocked ) useless, homeless and foodless humans?
only in northern nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by ebere1712: 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2012
nagoma:

What would arm robbers get from a couple of almajiris. You cows lack the basic ability expected of humans. All the so called thieves (without any proof at all), have businesses that we can all see. You cows should go and suck your Arab God's dick (Mohammed), and leave Igbos out of your stupidity. Igbos are in the North and lagos doing business like any other sane people. You fought for one Nigeria, now enjoy it you bloody Mohammed.
Re: Arewa To Abolish Indigene-settler Policy by BlackMamba2: 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Role Of Presiding and Principal Officers In The Senate And House Of Reps / Police Officers Block Saraki's Convoy In Abuja, Lock Down Residence (VIDEO) / INEC Needs 100,000 Cars, 4,200 Boats To Distribute Election Materials, Says INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.