Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,322 members, 7,954,298 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:14 PM

Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN (21914 Views)

Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / Cashless Policy: CBN To Apply Charges On Withdrawals, Deposits From Oct.2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by armadeo(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
slimyem: Good one..
But let the soon be very soon o...
I use other banks ATM a lot and the N100 dey always pepper me for body...
I await the "soon"...

i feel ur pain. there is an atm within my office complex not my banks own though and that machine has wacked my 100 bucks running into several thousands. am particularly irked when i have to withdraw max limit and i know am spitting out 500 card in 2 minutes cos this scam machine doesn't even give 40k @ once though 40k is an option the biaatch says maximum limit exceeded pls enter a lower figure.
e really dey pepper for body.
and how soon is soon cos e fit be 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by bravehost4u(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2012
I withdraw anywhere with my Diamond bank ATM for free since July...
Can u beat that?
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Jalal(m): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
Gud idea, wud save me thousands each month if implemented.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Sike(m): 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
Bring it on, CBN!
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
mfm04622: Do Nigerians remember the saying that there is no free lunch anywhere? So who bear the rent for space, cost of construction, cost of ATM, cost of inverter, cost of power supply, cost of salary for the ATM custodian? What of the cost of providing switch? Who pay interswitch that make it possible for ATM machine of Bank A to see your account in Bank B? Or cost of network link? What will be the incentive for Banks to expand the ATM network? To me (my opinion) this is another big mistake from CBN. Let's wait and see how it works. The number of posts supporting this confirm that Nigerians love awoof.
customers pay for ATM maintenance fee. Dnt be scared of good development.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by psalmz(m): 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
Tour 15k,Bold 1 16k...bold 2{white} 25k.....bold 3 ..20k...bold 4...34k..bold 5{white}..57k..bold 5{black}...54k.TORCH 1{white}...35k...TORCH 2...{White}..52k...TORCH 3..{White}..37k.curve 4..34k..all very clean..no stain and comes in warranty...call 08038940607 for enq
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by doopsy(f): 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
groovie: that 100 naira isnt for atm maintenance, rather it goes to interswitch (i dont know what they use it for) so the banks dont really lose anything. and its no excuse for poor atm service abeg
what you don't know is that a percentage goes to interswitch,the issuer's bank and the servicing bank.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by oc2fish: 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nija bank charge you for their lazyness for instant if your bank
Atm is not loaded and you entered into the hall to withdral they
will charge. If they want to varify you signature they will and
lf you want your statement of account you will be charged haba
Nija bank
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
kaysy: when Soludo was the gov of cbn we used to have atm around the metropolis even without having any bank residing around them, but banks are so fraudulent that they profiled some of them to alway have dispense error to lower cash withdrawals where the owner may just overlook it, when sanusi came in he ordered for the removal of all atm's that's not within a bank, so the illusion of adding private investors are out of it completely. people are just shouting here that no profit from using atm again, have they forgotten that current account holders also uses atm? what i see here is that saving account will soon be scrapped somehow and banks will make everyone to use the current account where atleast cot can be charged. its good for everyone to have a first hand knowledge of banking operations so that they can understand what is actually happeneing there
that wsnt the reason for removing those ATMs. The plan was to favor 'private' ATMs. Banks deplored numerous ATM then to make money from withdrawal charges and inter switch. Remember, during that period, banks charged customers per withdrawal. Later on charges were only for inter bank transactions.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by jodam: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2012
centje: i dnt think so...

Then, be ready for ATM card maintenance charges within a month.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by groovie(m): 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
doopsy: .
what you don't know is that a percentage goes to interswitch,the issuer's bank and the servicing bank.
lol. so all of them go share the money and dem go still collect maintenance charges? they are not doin any favour by not charging N100 again na
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by SkyRider1(m): 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
They should look into charges on POS transaction to the merchant. Zenith & interswitch currently charges about N150 on a N10,000 transaction. This is rather high when profit on the transaction is only N350.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by chiswaggs: 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2012
adonisyung: can U̶̲̥̅̊ nigerians ever appreciate anything gud? Gush!
wats good about paying an extra 100 naira?
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by litaninja(m): 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
Interesting. Like someone posted above, nice idea on paper, but a few things have been left out.
1) How soon is this "soon"?
2) Who or what body will monitor this to ensure compliance?
3) What's to stop the banks from still deducting the #100 or other random charges behind the scenes (most people dont track their EXACT balances)?
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
jodam:

Then, be ready for ATM card maintenance charges within a month.
i dnt know abt other banks buh banks i transact with deduct the maintenance fee monthly.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ope Ooo

My monthly supplies of garri go increase be dati OooooooooooooOooo

Sanusi ur head dey dia small cool
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
centje: i dnt know abt other banks buh banks i transact with deduct the maintenance fee monthly.
With time, you will only be able to withdraw from your bank's ATM alone. GTB does that most times.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by docjuli(m): 12:27am On Nov 14, 2012
The CBN should also look into the number of hours sometimes days spent waiting for cash dispense error to be reversed. Why should it take a bank a long time to reverse a wrongful debit by ATMs?
And why should a merchant reject my use of POS terminal because the sale is not up to 5k. (Sorry about the disgression at least it wasn't about the price of garri).
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by chux76(m): 12:57am On Nov 14, 2012
billante: Users of Automated Teller Machines will no longerpay N100 on withdrawals whenever they use banks other than theirs, the Central Bank of Nigeria said on Tuesday.

The decision was taken at the end of a meeting inAbuja between the CBN and the Bankers Committee.

Managing directors of some banks also attended the meeting.

The Group Managing Director, First Bank Plc, Mr. Bisi Onasanya, told newsmen that the charge as well as others associated with the use of ATMs would be scrapped soon.

He said it was meant to encourage the use of ATMs.

Onasanya said the decision would help to increase the patronage of ATMs, thus deepening the financial inclusion strategy of the apex bank.

He said the modalities for the stoppage is being worked out adding that within the shortest time possible, the adjustments would be reflected in all the ATMs.

“When you use the ATM of a bank other than your bank, there is a charge of N100 which is borne by the account holder.

“We have decided that we will work out the modality and ensure that with immediate effect we would pass on this cost to the respective banks which bear the cost of providing services.

“No matter where you are withdrawing your money from, you will not be subjected to any charge for using the ATM,” he explained.

According to him, the new policy does not cover withdrawals inside the banking hall when the ATMs are off.

“But for transaction on what we call ‘not on us,’ when you are an FBN customer and you use the ATM of a GTB bank, it is free and it will no longer bear any cost,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/business/banks-to-stop-n100-atm-charge/

Are we not missing some vital info here..read the emboldened properly...banks can use that in their favor.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by cardoso111(m): 1:45am On Nov 14, 2012
and they should increase the option of 50k in the atm
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by bigpastor(m): 2:13am On Nov 14, 2012
gen2briz: hummm when dis is fully implemented, am very sure dat 85% of wema atm's will stop working
Wetin WEMA do u?
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by DeWisedon(m): 4:59am On Nov 14, 2012
na today we start to dey hear d word soon 4 9ja.yeye pple.dis soon fit be next century
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by charlsecy4(m): 5:47am On Nov 14, 2012
chux76: Are we not missing some vital info here..read the emboldened properly...banks can use that in their favor.

[size=13]Please let's be sensible in our use of Nairaland. You quoted the whole passage only for you to respond to a particular line of information you call "emboldened." You should have quoted only the "emboldened," and it's not too late to edit your response accordingly.[/size]
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by psalmz(m): 5:49am On Nov 14, 2012
Tour 15k,Bold 1 16k...bold 2{white} 25k.....bold 3 ..20k...bold 4...34k..bold 5{white}..57k..bold 5{black}...54k.TORCH 1{white}...35k...TORCH 2...{White}..52k...TORCH 3..{White}..37k.curve 4..34k..all very clean..no stain and comes in warranty...call 08038940607 for enq
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 14, 2012
Emperor5c: Gudnews o! Imagine me trekin 4rm hiltop 2 UNN gate jst 2 withdraw #500 4rm darlin diamond bank.coz i dare nt withdraw 4rm UBA wich iz jst few steps away 4rm hiltop 4 fear of losin a “live savin“ #100 bucks
100bucks wey i go cari chop beta yam-beans 4 mama ebuka cateen

Diamond bank do no charge d N100. I use d bank. You can use ur diamond bank card anywhere without charges.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by shevon: 6:07am On Nov 14, 2012
Diamond bank has implemented this policy since earlier this year, I don't know why it's taking other banks this long and such cheap publicity before implementing same.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by richfaxy: 6:10am On Nov 14, 2012
Even though lots of people support the idea of scrapping the 100naira, trust me most of the ATM will no longer have money to dispense at they no they will be loosing and not gaining anything, will will they want to service or have someone on standby esp during weekends and public holidays,
anyways lets see what becomes of the policy
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 14, 2012
fatai2:

But Diamond bank machines don't accept all banks card.

Only for diamond bank customers.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 14, 2012
fatai2:

But Diamond bank machines don't accept all banks card.

Sure about dat? Cos I know all banks ATM have been made 2 accept all cards......Visa, Verve or MasterCard.

What card exactly r u using and when was it rejected?
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 14, 2012
goldylock:

Only for diamond bank customers.

Not so. I use my MasterCard on DiamondBank ATM machines without hitches.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by adim2(m): 6:31am On Nov 14, 2012
I fear that what lies behind removing this charges is greater than the 100 itself let examine some possible negative effects of this removal
1 banks will not bother to lodge their atm with money and then u will be forced to make transaction in ur bank and lose the sum of money in equivalent
2 banks will bring out some other alternatives like increase in the cost of producing and atm card, cost of transfer or increase in maintenance of atm services which will still bore down on the customers
3 atm machines might always be out of service because its cost them hugh amount money for the network
4 I will not be surprise if atms starts malfunctioning and deducting money unnessecially because adequate attentions will not be paid to the atm again

I will rather advice that such money be reviewed and reduced
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by davades(m): 6:55am On Nov 14, 2012
Jenams: are u sure abt †ЂΞ info on diamond bank? i've bn gettin loads of custormer friendly news from ∂α† bank, i may av τ̅o change bank very soon.

Yes it's true I use Diamond Bank too...they've stopped charging †ЂΞ #100 ATM withdrawal from other ATMs since september

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Court Awards $10 Million Damages Against Shoprite For Contract Breach / STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture / Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.