Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,170 members, 7,849,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:07 AM

How Often Do You Visit Your Village? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Often Do You Visit Your Village? (6464 Views)

5 Exciting Reasons To Visit Your Hometown This Festive Season - KNB Naija / 5 Exciting Reasons To Visit Your Hometown This Festive Season / What Do You Hate Most About Your Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by hurricaneChris: 10:26am On Nov 14, 2012
Lol. Even as i write this nw am in Owerri (today's mum's birthday), gonna visit my village (Mbaise) leta in d evening, den come bak to lagos tomoro. At my age, i still feel very happy remembering dt am goin to d village.......cos i enjoy seeing d bush and some crazy Iroko trees we hav in Mbaise.

The distance doesnt discourage me again because i dont travel by road again tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by toriade: 10:27am On Nov 14, 2012
Home town is history o, been there only once. Popc had to leave the town unexpectedly leaving behind his first house he built in his life and a clinic. Those guys can be funny tho, they still come to lag to source for funds buh dey can neva get to know where we live not to talk of seeing us d kids and mom, pops will only have them meet him in his office. Those guys don do us strong thing oo buh guess they are changed now.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 14, 2012
Never! cry
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Butoneday2(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2012
Did u say villa, anyway i was born and brought up in 9ija. And every city in naija is a villa. What do u tink?

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by OkwaIfugo(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2012
3 times a yr.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Arysexy(m): 10:49am On Nov 14, 2012
3 times a year due to distance. 7hrs drive to east no be moi moi. i visit home on easter, xmas and possibly wedding or burial of close relative. so minimum of 3 times a yr. I send money across for my project at home so i dont need to be risking frequent travel.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by ngmart(m): 10:50am On Nov 14, 2012
Twice in a year
no time
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Eifeh(m): 10:55am On Nov 14, 2012
My is every year, witch can kill u anywhere u are. Am proud to be a Nenwe man
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by drnoel: 10:58am On Nov 14, 2012
Looks arnd and whispers "winch make una close una eye" and continues walking d other direction.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 14, 2012
Am just me: For real first?

First for your village
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by ouigy99(m): 11:10am On Nov 14, 2012
Am a village addict, i travel to the village at any given opportunity. I am from Udi in Enugu state, and i can say that there is no fear of witchcraft from where i am from. I actually keep my annual leave till December so i can spend the whole 30 days (eating abacha and bush meat, and washing it down with nkwu ocha) in my beloved Obinagu! cool

5 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 14, 2012
But_one_day: Did u say villa, anyway i was born and brought up in 9ija. And every city in naija is a villa. What do u tink?

If u dey live for village, notin do you.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 14, 2012
hurricaneChris: Lol. Even as i write this nw am in Owerri (today's mum's birthday), gonna visit my village (Mbaise) leta in d evening, den come bak to lagos tomoro. At my age, i still feel very happy remembering dt am goin to d village.......cos i enjoy seeing d bush and some crazy Iroko trees we hav in Mbaise.

The distance doesnt discourage me again because i dont travel by road again tongue tongue tongue

Testimony time...blessing time.

So no more catttle at Sam Mbakwe cargo airport.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 14, 2012
ouigy99: Am a village addict, i travel to the village at any given opportunity. I am from Udi in Enugu state, and i can say that there is no fear of witchcraft from where i am from. I actually keep my annual leave till December so i can spend the whole 30 days (eating abacha and bush meat, and washing it down with nkwu ocha) in my beloved Obinagu! cool

Correct man. You will live long...

but apply wisdom.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Martmore: 11:35am On Nov 14, 2012
Me de go villa steady steady.My villa boasts of so many people who reside there that are millionaires(ndi nku) and live comfortably than the so called urban dwellers wey dey live for one room non-selfcon, dey form city dweller.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by stagger: 11:41am On Nov 14, 2012
I was just there last week.

I screen my visitors and do not allow anyone to just walk into my compound. I will soon be having security cameras installed because I discovered there was a burglary attempt on our family house. Many of these people smile with you but are devils waiting to strike.

Thank God I am always covered by the aunction on the Winners Family.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by pure123: 11:42am On Nov 14, 2012
to do wetin nau? when my father himslf warn us before he died that we should not step our feet there....abeg naa Lagos wey dem born me i dey since 1902 that i was born ooo
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by greaterlove(m): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2012
I love my village, I go there at least twice a year, the trees and serene environment is what I can't get in the city, the simplicity of the people and the gist and smile u get when you seat with them over some palmy is refreshing. Yes there are people with bad intentions but there are also people with bad intentions in the city so if you can navigate the city you can also navigate your village. For me the key is knowing your boundary and leaving your 'I too know' at the village gate.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by tunapawizzy: 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
i've been there once...should be there one more time before i clock 50....
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by wissezy: 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
5 times, since i was born.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
My villa is the most peaceful and developed village in nigeria. You can call it the land of three towers, Ebem Ohafia.there are many satelite towns around it like abiriba etc. If u come to my village u wud feel like u are in lekki...nobody bewitches d oda due to success and achievements. The success of one brings joy to everyone. We see it as our villa is getting illoustrous sons n daughters. Besides there is nothing u will do or biy that has not been done in my village. Every family has a big boy in it. So keep urs in ur home.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Oforken(m): 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
No place like home, i always fill confortable @ home,i do fivisit my village 3 or 4 times in a year.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by hoomogh(m): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
Its a town self. Well developd jst lyk lagos. I.ode. I visit like 20 tyms a yr. All d winches yaf died finish as 4 d bad belle, na we stil dey put moni 4 deir pocket.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by omenziate(m): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
Once in ten yrs, was there last year Christmas, not going till 2021.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by dubem3(m): 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12: My parents dont approve of us goin to the village.

what are their reasons and do u
you think they are valid?
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Okworigeorge(m): 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
saintvc: I only go for burial
....ur own pax witch o
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by candieangel12(f): 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2012
dubem3:

what are their reasons and do u
you think they are valid?

Erm, because they believe that some people in our villa are out to do more harm than good to my siblings and I, like with their black magic and stuff. I've heard stories of weird things happening from my cousins that used to live in the villa, but I don't know if I truly believe it. But to be on the safe side, me and my siblings just stay away from the villa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Documents Needed For One To Travel From Nigeria To Cameroon / Flying From Lagos To The Maldives / See How A Nairader Spend The Holidays @ Honeywell Umuchu Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.