Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,902 members, 7,956,405 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:22 AM

Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard (7324 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm Again, Kill OPC Security Guard / Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Buhari Refuses To Watch The Shooting Of Unarmed Pro-Biafran Protesters (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 14, 2012
http://lindaikeji..com/2012/11/lagos-police-attempts-to-cover-up.html

Lagos police attempts to cover up shooting of banker & security guard

our mo-rons in black adding insult to injury

The police in Lagos are currently attempting to cover up the shooting of Access Bank Staff, Femi Badejo; and a security guard, Joshua Musa.

Punch reporters, Kunle Falayi and Eniola Akinkuotu had reported on Monday that Badejo and the security guard were shot by the policemen attached to Maroko Police station while responding to a distress call about a robbery. Badejo had told Punch that he was shot five times by the police.

Badejo, who is presently writhing in pains at St Nicholas Hospital, Lagos Island, said, "Around 4am, armed robbers stormed my home. I live in a one storey building and there are four tenants occupying the ground floor.

"The robbers robbed all of us occupying the ground floor. They stole my clothes, money, phones and other valuables. While the robbery was ongoing, one of the tenants called Maroko Police Division."
Badejo said after the robbers had fled, scores of policemen arrived at the house while one of them started shooting indiscriminately.

He said, “We (neighbours) were all inside the compound counting our lossses when we heard a bang on the gate. Immediately the security guard opened, one of the policemen started shooting indiscriminately.

"The security guard was shot in the pelvic and in the back but the bullet pierced through his chest. I immediately took cover under a car but the policeman came to where I was and started shooting at me.

"I immediately hid under d car but the policeman came behind me and shot me five times."
Police have however denied the allegations. The Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, told the Nation newspaper that the banker was shot by mistake just once and not five times.

She also said the security guard was not shot by the police but was found dead when policemen arrived the scene.

She said, "According to the Area Commander, when the policemen arrived the scene, the security guard was found dead and the banker was hiding under a car so they shot him once thinking that he was an armed robber."

PUNCH however interviewed the supposedly dead security guard and he is presently on life support but is conscious at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.

His uncle, who is a retired policeman said he was shot by the police and not by armed robbers.
The interview which is in Punch of today, infuriated the police authorities for making them look stupid to the extent that when the Punch reporter, Kunle Falayi, arrived at the office of the CP, Mr Umar Manko, he was walked out of the premises of the police command.

All this happpened in the presence of 12 other journalists.

Eniola Akinkuotu has also been warned by the police repeatedly not to write bad reports about them or face grevious consequences

the whole story would be funny if it wasn't so macabre
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by EkoIle1: 7:50am On Nov 14, 2012
No be Nigerian police any more abi Lagos don get their own Police? Small small, the tin go turn to Fashola police...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Mowire: 7:52am On Nov 14, 2012
It's so very disheartening to live every day knowing that the Nigerian Police Force is totally dishonest! The real criminals are probably the only people in this country who is not afraid of a Nigerian policeman.
We need a very "heady" leadership to change a thing like this.
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by malele(m): 7:56am On Nov 14, 2012
Useless country, and these police men will go free
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by k2039: 8:08am On Nov 14, 2012
Symptoms of a failed state
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Okijajuju1(m): 8:11am On Nov 14, 2012
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Khayordhe: 8:16am On Nov 14, 2012
[size=28pt]police arrived wen thief don finish operation.....dis country tire me o...

abeg,i wan go fynd d tin wey i go chop dis marwin jawe[/size]
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by earthgreeners(m): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2012
@OP
Nigerian Police not Lagos Police..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by jude33084(m): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2012
Set of people that we are suppose to trust are the ones killing? Τhis is not cool at all I must say sad
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by cyril83(m): 8:23am On Nov 14, 2012
A revolting smell that needs to be revolutionized..a day of reckoning is at hand
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by sushieater: 8:27am On Nov 14, 2012
And I pray none of my kids would ever wanna be a cop..*Now playing - Fucck Tha Police by N.W.A*
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by cyril83(m): 8:28am On Nov 14, 2012
earthgreeners: @OP
Nigerian Police not Lagos Police..
keep shot maggot!...is it not lagos state govt that's empowering them,giving them go ahead to do whatever they like,why ph,abj,ibadan,ondo,calabar police are not misbehaving.
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by femionasan(m): 8:36am On Nov 14, 2012
cyril83: keep shot maggot!...is it not lagos state govt that's empowering them,giving them go ahead to do whatever they like,why ph,abj,ibadan,ondo,calabar police are not misbehaving.

Try to be civil in your dealings mister. How is the Lagos state govt empowering them? Is it because of the donations of vehicles and walkie talkies that the FG cannot provide that is empowerement? Do you know that even CSO of the state, the governor, has limited powers over the police?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Redmosquito(m): 8:37am On Nov 14, 2012
Minion: My King! The Police dont want to made to look silly
Hades: What they ask for is impossible! angry Can you paint the jungle with any color other than green?
Minion: shocked

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 14, 2012
If God gimmie the grace τ̅☺ escape from this place called *NG*, my kids go hardly smell here, but them go sabi the language, we're not really the benefits of this mandatory association called state..
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 14, 2012
Na wa oo see story Naija police can lie!!!
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by bestower: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2012
Now,the P.R.O will always back the men in black uniform whenever they misbehave like this,occurence of this unprofessional attitude must be stop,sometimes i do wonder if these bunch of ignorance set of cops really passed out from police academy,wonders shall never end after the armed robbers had left they started acting nollywood movie....and the mother(ngozi braide)always backing her mischievous children.what goes round comes .......... goodday.
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by queensmith: 9:02am On Nov 14, 2012
The Punch aren't even making any sense on the matter, how exactly did they interview someone on life support? Telekinesis?

Neither party has any credibility, meanwhile I saw a photograph of the Banker and he didn't look like he was shot 5 times, not to ignore many that survive but and if he was why isnt he dead?

Not to exonerate the nigerian police on the matter, they are obviously incompetent if shooting anyone in sight is their system. After not turning up on time, they expected the robbers to be waiting for them! shior

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by ochukoccna: 10:26am On Nov 14, 2012
queensmith: The Punch aren't even making any sense on the matter, how exactly did they interview someone on life support? Telekinesis?

Neither party has any credibility, meanwhile I saw a photograph of the Banker and he didn't look like he was shot 5 times, not to ignore many that survive but and if he was why isnt he dead?

Not to exonerate the Nigerian police on the matter, they are obviously incompetent if shooting anyone in sight is their system. After not turning up on time, they expected the robbers to be waiting for them! shior

You probably didn't read this part of the report
If police said the guard is dead and PUNCH has let us in that he's alive, therein lies the answer tongue tongue
Also why is the police ALWAYS disputing news stories about them angry angry
Do they get it right all the time? shocked shocked
PUNCH however interviewed the supposedly dead security guard and he is presently on life support but is conscious at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.

His uncle, who is a retired policeman said he was shot by the police and not by armed robbers.
Also the neighbors/ co-tenants are there to disprove this story, actually the neighbors stopped the man from getting shot dead by the police sad sad
When I read the PUNCH's report I shuddered at the stone age police tactics embarassed embarassed
Imagine coming into a crime scene all guns blazing without regard for stray bullets shocked shocked
Shooting at someone who has no visible nor concealed weapon
WTF!
I know fighting crime is not easy on policemen in Nigeria but stories like the above make you shudder& pray for celestial protection whether you believe in God or not angry angry
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by queensmith: 11:09am On Nov 14, 2012
ochukoccna:

You probably didn't read this part of the report
If police said the guard is dead and PUNCH has let us in that he's alive, therein lies the answer tongue tongue
Also why is the police ALWAYS disputing news stories about them angry angry
Do they get it right all the time? shocked shocked

Also the neighbors/ co-tenants are there to disprove this story, actually the neighbors stopped the man from getting shot dead by the police sad sad
When I read the PUNCH's report I shuddered at the stone age police tactics embarassed embarassed
Imagine coming into a crime scene all guns blazing without regard for stray bullets shocked shocked
Shooting at someone who has no visible nor concealed weapon
WTF!
I know fighting crime is not easy on policemen in Nigeria but stories like the above make you shudder& pray for celestial protection whether you believe in God or not angry angry

I read it but I still thought it was a bit unlikely, they could have said they visited him and he's on life support but stating they interviewed him I think would be a direct fib.

I agree with you for the rest, its still very disturbing the way Nigerian police behave. But that shouldn't mean the press should lie. It hurts their credibility.
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
Lagos Police? Do we now have state police in Nigeria? Na wa for trying to spice up the post!
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by 1800bc(f): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2012
Na today you know Nigerian Police?
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
When will the leaders find proper solution to the dangerous police officers in Nigeria?! The situation is becoming very disturbing!
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by dabrake(m): 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
POOR-licemen. SMH
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by valhendeshawgm(m): 1:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
Dis one no be go come issue.... 9ja police go surely lie so broz once ur waka don firm SUE dem i carry God name beg u..... If any Lawyer de read dis comment dis na opportunity to hammer ooooooooooooooo
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by guvna(m): 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
These guys are animals!! They continue to mess up and act stupid like the animals they are we shall continue to expose them!! Abi they think say they fit shoot everybody

Police MUST ALWAYS BE EXPOSED IN NAIJA ON ALL INJUSTICE!!!

Well Done and kudos to Punch and other such journalists!!!
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by olly4life: 1:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ngo blaide ur downfall is near wit all useless defense of police all d time- U̶̲̥̅̊ don go involve AC now wey go deny ur statement. Dere is no point- Naija- make una go get gun- obj has given us d green light- operation fire 4 fire- police harass U̶̲̥̅̊ wit gun, U̶̲̥̅̊ harass am wit fire. Period. Blaide U̶̲̥̅̊ better learn from ur predecessors.
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
I HATE policemen. They are very WICKED! This issue of stray bullets or shooting deliberately at innocent citizens happens very well expecialy in lagos. I have heard it,frnds have told me. Infact i have witnessed it.two guys were fighting over one stupid gal, a policeman came and wanted to seperated them from fighting,the oda guy was proving stubborn,b4 we (passers by) knew it,the policeman shot dat guy and he died instanta. Infact i ran into a shop wen i heard pooo! Only to turn around and d guy was on d floor.
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by Hardfact: 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
I'm getting more and more convinced - there must be some demons or foul spirits of some sort possessing most Nigerian Police officers and I think they need to be exorcised of these spirits holding them hostage. Everyday, they go out to kill the people they are dutybound to protect, and as usual the police authorities quickly come put up some cheap lies and excuses, distorting the facts, rather than nail/throw out those rotten eggs amongst them to atleast salvage their already battered image. Anybody having any business with Nigerian police, must indeed be dealing with them at maximum risk.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by kenny987(f): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
What happened 2 ballistics? Why can't the bullets from the victims be used 2 trace which guns they were shot from? The Police are also crazy! How can u see a man hiding under a car and u shoot him? Will an armed man hide? In their numbers, the man was already overpowered so why not haul him out from under said car for proper identification? Na wa 4 we country sha!
Re: Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard by alpacino24: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
[quote author=oyb]http://lindaikeji..com/2012/11/lagos-police-attempts-t

Imagine our shameless police,I tire 4dez people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was The Jan 15, 1966 Coup An Igbo Coup? A Detribilized, Historical Perspective / Ibadan Mega City, APC Government Working Wonders / Billions 'buried' By Governor Udom Emmanuel ..photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.