Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! (17806 Views)

NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls / Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM / Null (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by techsuplex: 8:33am On Nov 14, 2012
BlackBerry have introduced the ability to make voice calls between BBM contacts. The Service which is called BBM voice lets you make voice calls over wifi to BBM contacts by simply tapping the call button while in a chat and you’ll start a voice call. BBM Voice will add some great depth to BBM, providing you the ability to escalate a chat to a voice call when the situation calls for it. This feature should be huge in emerging markets or for anyone calling long distance as there will be no long-distance charges.

Additionally, in BBM you’ll be able to see each users status as well so you’ll know who is available for a call and who isn’t. When on a call you’ll see a split-screen view and can still use any other apps on your device. So you can still use the chat function as well as send pictures within BBM or even check email or use the browser.

download the new BBM 7 (beta) with BBM voice here: http://www.techsuplex.com/2012/11/14/breaking-rim-introduces-bbm-to-bbm-voice-calls/

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by 360command: 8:38am On Nov 14, 2012
if this is for real, our network companies no go dey happi ooo...dem fit just block d service..
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by dominique(f): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2012
^^^ let them go siddon somewhere, dem neva chop us enuf? tongue 'sides not everybody uses a bb and some that do may not download the application.
@topic
This is the kind of innovation that will keep them afloat in the competitive market. I'll dl it after I've seen how well it works.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
This feature "innovation" is dead on arrival. NO TELCO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WILL ENABLE THIS.

na wetin remain for dem na? BBM works with BIS and not bundled data on blackberries

unless as i suspect is going to be the case anyway, with the release of BB10 this idea of unlimited data through BIS will be a thing of the past.

warrhell, its not like d feature is novel, afterall nimbuzz and skype will do this. but that u will pay pittance and then dump all ur phone calls on the telco's data pipes for free? u gotta be joking
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
I had voice calls on my 2010 phone nau.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Give us something else jor
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2012
And RIM introduces another software to further repress the already docile minds of the Nigerian youth.

Smh sad

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2012
Over wifi?
Not for Nigerians be dat...

I'd rather save my money till its enough for a private jet!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Youngzedd(m): 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
BB AGAIN!

MTN weti una talk?
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by mob82: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
Wifi.

#okbye!
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
wowwww. dats nice
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Shaw007(m): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
Its On Mxit already. . .tho I'v nt tried it so I'm sure it works

even if it does,it sure wnt be over wifi--or if it is,The internet carrier wiLL simply add nOrmal outside Bis caLL carrier costs to it,wont make any difference
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by DANILSA(m): 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2012
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD SHUN BBM AND RECHARGE MTN, MTN HAS A PROMO GOING ON, RECHARGE 100,000 AND WIN ASO ROCK grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by gen2briz(m): 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2012
WIFI abi....ok i dey come
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2012
360command: if this is for real, our network companies no go dey happi ooo...dem fit just block d service..
they will definitely block it or charge the data rates separately from your  subscription just like they are doing to youtube.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by BMZK: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
If the BBM Voice feature requires a Wi-Fi connection with access to the Internet, what makes it different from the numerous PC to PC calls messengers that run on all smart phones?
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
So i should dump my iphone?
But i think its innovatively good. If skype can work over wifi why not on phone
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by ochukoccna: 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
Its a great way of reducing your phone bills only that Nigerian youths will talk thier way to extinction using it
Also blink 182 seems to be right
blink182: they will definitely block it or charge the data rates separately from your  subscription just like they are doing to youtube.
recalling this GSM companies are worse than Shylock the Jewish moneylender in Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by johndavid1(m): 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
Na 2day
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Ndoz(m): 3:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
Akuko

5 Likes

Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by RickyRoss1(m): 3:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
DANILSA: YOU PEOPLE SHOULD SHUN BBM AND RECHARGE MTN, MTN HAS A PROMO GOING ON, RECHARGE 100,000 AND WIN ASO ROCK grin grin grin

O boy you go kill person ooo.
Na Central Bank of Nigeria i wan win ooo

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
Blackberry will
360command: if this is for real, our network companies no go dey happi ooo...dem fit just block d service..

We already have free skype to skype calls..... Blackberry must have thought of it b4 bringing it out... Maybe they just gonna break a deal with network companies, and that's it.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Les: 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
B4 una begin attack my stupidity, abeg wethn be wi-fi?
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by seun001(m): 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
RIM just give us BBM video chat naaaa........... cheesy
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2012
hhmm anyway we have no choice than to always take what they introduce.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by PalmTree(m): 4:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
Les: B4 una begin attack my stupidity, abeg wethn be wi-fi?

Wireless Fidelity. There is no shame in asking questions my bro.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by BeraBera(f): 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
Once I see someone that this works for, then i'll consider trying it
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Les: 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
PalmTree:

Wireless Fidelity. There is no shame in asking questions my bro.
tanks dude, but you just said d full meaning, you haven't defined it yet, wat's it function, E5 get am? I fit use am see person we de yankee or underworld via video call?
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by decode55(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
How soon will this facility be available in naija? And on what "OS" abeg
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by sperony(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
I am sure Telcom cmpny will not support this to flow. if you actually check out the profit and loss implication, friends I tell you its DOA!!!
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by elbulk(m): 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
Works only over WIFI
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Dopefiend(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
Wifi? In nigeria? Dey shudnt have bothered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? / Your Mobile Phone Battery Sucks! And Here Is Why. / Opera Mini Mobile Browser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.