Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM (71533 Views)

How Show what you are listening to on Android Bbm / Android Bbm Pins / Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
Finally, the much awaited king of IM(BBM) has been made available on two OS platforms apart from BlackBerry OS.

This post is targeted at former BlackBerry users who will like to move their BBM contacts to the BBM running on Android, and also current BlackBerry users who will like to port to Android OS now that BBM is available on that platform but are torn between the devil and the deep blue sea on what will become of their contacts following such great move.

Worry no more as NG has brought to you an easy and seamless way to move your contacts to the new BBM for Android.
...BRB

1 Like

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Ola17: 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2013
NG come fast post am na.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2013
Every BlackBerry user has a unique BlackBerry Identity(BBID) which is linked to the email address you used to register for that service.

To have your old contacts on the new BBM for Android, download and install BBM on your device and log in with your previous BBID, that is it.... lol, yes it is as easy as that!

Note that your P̸I̸N̸ needle will change, but your contacts won't even notice it as your new pin will be updated on their contacts automatically cool

3 Likes

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
BBM is available for Android devices with screen size <= 7.0" and running OS 4.0 and above.

To install
BBM on tablets and other unsupported devices, Holla.

NB: your contributions are highly anticipated.

Shout out to Faithclin, Physise and Octavo tongue
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by weazley(m): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Ola17: 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
Thanks and welcome back.
I'm still waiting for the thread you promised us on Android security o.

1 Like

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ok..i did that yesterday and it worked just fine.However, i wanted to go back to my blackberry fone as i still have a subsisting BIS plan and it wasnt possible.How do i delete my Blackberry ID?
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ola17: Thanks and welcome back.
I'm still waiting for the thread you promised us on Android security o.
Thanks man.
I will write on that by weekend
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
bishopoliver: Ok..i did that yesterday and it worked just fine.However, i wanted to go back to my blackberry fone as i still have a subsisting BIS plan and it wasnt possible.How do i delete my Blackberry ID?
Lol
How about deleting the BBM you installed on your Android?
Or, you can just log into your BlackBerry device with your BBID. They will log you out of BBM on Android as you can Oly use your BBID on one device at a time.
Cheers
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by yomalex(m): 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
great
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by alotofgrace(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
dont come back jor
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by dejavume: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
u can as well blacklist any unwanted numbers on ur whatsapp.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by alotofgrace(m): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ola17: NG come fast post am na.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by ojayfrancis(m): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Follow me on twitter@ojayfrancis...I wll follow bak

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nice one @op....i wanna download bbm on an android, aw do i go about it?

1 Like

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by ichommy(m): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
Op, Thanks for the info, my challenge is that I can't logout my BBM.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by olahero(m): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
cheesy RIP to Blackberry®

2 Likes

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by alotofgrace(m): 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
networkgenuis: Finally, the much awaited king of IM(BBM) has been made available on two OS platforms apart from BlackBerry OS.

who made bbm king where whatsapp is? remember bbm is only on bb....whatsapp is on all phones that are smart.....(maybe xcluding bb sha) grin

6 Likes

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Gwekzy: 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
Dis no be news abeg...
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Brimmie(m): 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
OK..

Pls, how do i Move my 2go Friends to BBM!? Do i have to buy Tecno Jelly Rice for all of them!? sad I Need Answers.. No Bashing!!

Tenk!

2 Likes

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by ichommy(m): 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
olahero: cheesy RIP to Blackberry®

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by xclusive43(m): 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
Pweedylipsmoi: Nice one @op....i wanna download bbm on an android, aw do i go about it?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by 9jahubcom(m): 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
yomalex: great
oh yes
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
ichommy: Op, Thanks for the info, my challenge is that I can't logout my BBM.

Log out your BBM? You don't have to. Just download on your Android and log in with your BBID. You will be automatically logged out on your BlackBerry phone.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
seen
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by lyfe(m): 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
My pin here < coming soon>
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
alotofgrace:

who made bbm king where whatsapp is? remember bbm is only on bb....whatsapp is on all phones that are smart.....(maybe xcluding bb sha) grin
Bro, even die-hard BBM critics knows this.
Why do you think BBM became the number free app on playstore just few hours after it was released?

1 Like

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by 9jahubcom(m): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
Gwekzy: Dis no be news abeg...
who tell you

1 Like

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by UsaNumber: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
This is a nice development.

Btw you can get a US number for calls and sms at http://usacallsms.com
No app, No software required.
You can also get app that is compactible with your phone if you desire
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by millhouse: 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
NICE
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by coalcoal1(m): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
at op, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel Introduces 6GB Data For N1500 / No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.